[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sequel when?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: devils-third-boxart-na.jpg (280 KB, 1049x1500) Image search: [Google]
devils-third-boxart-na.jpg
280 KB, 1049x1500
Sequel when?
>>
Hopefully soon, DT was my GOTY 2015. It's really the Ninja Gaiden of TPSs.
>>
>>334309413
Elaborate
>>
>>334309640
What do you want to know?
>>
Devil's Third is a lot of fun, but janky as all fucking hell due to a shit budget, THREE ENGINES, and restarting development more than once. I'm sure that if they actually got a decent budget and what I can assume is more than eight months of dev time, a sequel would be much better. The ideas it has are good, the First Person Shooting to Third Person Melee works great and the melee felt satisfying. But people don't want budget games anymore.
>>
>>334309949
>the First Person Shooting to Third Person Melee works great

W40K Space Marine and the high moon transformers games already did this though.
>>
why is the box color so off?
>>
I still want to pick this up sometime.
It looks cheesy as hell which is right up my alley.
Glad they did a reprinting because it was hell to try and find it.
But now I'll wait to see if the price will slowly decrease and I'll grab a copy.
>>
>>334309751
Why you think it's comparable to Ninja Gaiden
>>
>probably sold like garbage because NoA didn't do a fucking thing to advertise it and only printed about 50 copies

I heard it got a reprint at some point but I still have never seen a copy at any stores near here. I ordered the ONLY COPY from Best Buy online and it's still sealed
>>
File: devils_third_logo.jpg (209 KB, 1200x642) Image search: [Google]
devils_third_logo.jpg
209 KB, 1200x642
It shows its difficult development in the lack of polish, especially in the graphic quality and pop in.

But the gameplay itself is pretty damn good. Usually the phrase 'rock paper scissors' is a negative when describing games, but this game makes a similar situation between guns, melee, and blocking really fun. The online is a bit dead, but if you join one of the giant open invitation clans you can find full matches on the weekends.

Seems only a handful of players is ever on at a time during the week, and the thing is this is definitely an online multiplayer game with an above average COD-single player component that looks like ass.

>>334309949
This.
>>
>>334309031
Hopefully never fucking ever.
>>
>>334309031
Shouldn't you be asking for the first two games before asking for a sequel?
>>
Is there any single player aspects to this?
>>
>>334310128
And? All he is saying is they work great not that they are innovative
>>
>>334312234
There's a story mode that's rather short and a score attack mode, which is rather fun, since it pretty much makes the story mode full of random bullshit, like masks/hats for Ivan, and some minigames. The story is a mixed bag, but the fact is, that Saha is the best boss and Chapter 5 is the best stage.
>>
File: Devil's Third.jpg (10 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Devil's Third.jpg
10 KB, 300x168
>>334312527
The bosses in general are pretty good, I could see people saying they like Jane or Ludmilla as well.

This would have been a GREAT campaign if the entire thing was more like the Japan level, though. Lots of creative set pieces that really differentiate it from other shooters. Enemies jumping around roof tops, flashing lights at you to blind you, that sort of thing.
>>
I think this game's downfall is that Europe reviewed it first and everyone's parroting the European reviews.
>>
>>334312892
Oh yeah, definitely. I kind of doubt most of the worst reviews have even played it. We KNOW no one touched the multiplayer mode, too.

It is not a 3/10. I wouldn't even give it a 6/10, since the multiplayer is legitimately great. Evolve got higher scores for less.

It got panned for not being a cinematic experience. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>334313215
In Japan it got good reviews, in America, the few reviews were "eh, it's ok" and then Europe just completely shit on the game.

It reminds me of the reviews for Killer is Dead.
>>
>>334309031
Never.

Nintendo only advertises their own IP and Nintendo fanbase is too blind and full of loyalists to care for a game that's not made by Nintendo
>>
>>334312892
>game is best played as an online shooter
>people rightfully say single player has big issues with textures, frame rate, and length
>actual gameplay of multiplayer is 7/10 innovative but late, definitely fun
>game is scored only on the single player
>43 on metacritic
At worst this game is a 6/10.

Before the game was released I read some reviews and was really disappointed because the concept sounded great. I knew it was in development hell for a while so I was prepared for something a bit ugly, but these reviews were just calling it total trash.

Well I watched some youtube videos of the multiplayer in action posted by Japanese players that already had the game. Bought it the next day. My only real negative about it is that it shouldn't be $60 and the population is a bit low. If they released it at $40 I bet it would have been more profitable to them, and gotten the player base larger.
>>
>>334313384
>and then Europe just completely shit on the game.

Except Spain, for some reason:

Hobby Consolas: 79/100
Vandal Online: 70/100
IGN Spain: 60/100
3DJuegos: 60/100
Meristation: 55/100
>>
>>334315413
There's always that one country where a Wii U game does surprisingly well in.

For example, The Wonderful 101 sold the most units in France.
>>
>>334309413
Oh fuck you. Devil's Third is far better than most people give it credit for but it is nowhere near Ninja Gaiden level. Unless you mean Ninja Gaiden 3, then yeah it's comparable.
>>
so the verdict is that its actually okay?

t. ng fanboi
>>
>>334318046
It's probably not with full price, but it's far from the horrible game critics made it out to be. Outside of some iffy level design and janky controls it's pretty solid. It definitely feels like it was designed for the previous gen, and it comes off as low budget many times, but it's enjoyable. Again, it's nowhere near any of the Ninja Gaiden games except vanilla 3 (which it's better than). But it's not bad.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.