[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
VtMB 2 BEING MADE BY ORIGINAL TROIKA TEAM?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12
File: maxresdefault.jpg (112 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
112 KB, 1920x1080
>VtMB project lead Leonard Boyarsky now working at Obsidian (http://www.pcgamer.com/fallout-art-director-leonard-boyarsky-joins-obsidian/)
>VtMB lead programmer Tim Cain works at Obsidian
>VtMB lead writer Brian Mitsoda expressed interest in working on another Vampire game after Paradox acquired the World of Darkness IP
>Obsidian and Paradox on Twitter going back and forth on using each other's help to make another Vampire game

It's happening, isn't it?
>>
>>334302508
Don't get your hopes up
>>
>>334302508
I believe
>>
way too many coincidences for it not to be happening
>>
>>334302508
Obsidian would be a good fit. I can't think of any other teams who would do it better than them
>>
I'd give up my first born child
>>
>>334302508
Even if it were to happen, i doubt it would as good as the original
>>
if they make a wod game it will be nothing like vtmb. to make even a mid budget 3d game work paradox will have to make it a multiplat and that means consolized trash.
>>
>>334302967
and why exactly?
the original project lead, lead writer and lead programmer are on board who the fuck else do you need?
>>
>>334302629
This.
>>334302909
Not really, all of the writing talent has long since left. Not to mention that modern WoD is SJW as fuck.
>>
>>334303073
dxhr was multiplat and that was game of the decade
>>
File: 2016-03-10 20_57_29-Greenshot.jpg (1 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-10 20_57_29-Greenshot.jpg
1 MB, 2880x1620
>>334302508
Too many things have to fall into the right place for such a miracle to happen.
The industry has changed a lot since 12 years, if it comes out it will be dissapointing.
Look at all those recent isometric CRPG releases, they are almost all soulles.
>>
>>334302508
Won't happen
Obsidian plays all their games too safe and they've delegated Tim Cain to doing jack shit
>>
>>334303179
>came out 2011
This decade isn't over yet, buddy.
>>
>>334303179
dxhr had squenix money behind it
>>
>>334303172
Why would SJW bullshit negatively affect World of Darkness, of all things? The whole series is full of ridiculously powerful women and all kinds of weird degenerate shit already. It should be a fucking haven for them.
>>
>>334302508
What time period will it be set in?

I'm hoping all of them.
>>
>>334303352
>Why would SJW bullshit negatively affect World of Darkness, of all things?
why does cancer kill good people?
>>
>>334303172
>all of the writing talent has long since left.

lead writer was brian mitsoda who has said he would jump at the chance to work on a WoD game again
>>
THREAD THEME:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQY5rqjDDj0
>>
>>334303212

How does a game get atmosphere so perfect??

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ndz4DwTpQ8
>>
>>334303352
>Why would SJW bullshit negatively affect World of Darkness, of all things?
goths are leftist/progressive as fuck
>>
File: 2016-03-05 16_44_55-Greenshot.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1620) Image search: [Google]
2016-03-05 16_44_55-Greenshot.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1620
>>334303630
All it takes is passion and talent.
>>
File: 1424215703943.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1424215703943.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>you will never roam through these streets for the first time again

literally shoot me
>>
>>334303630
I think the sharpness of the textures help alot, it was before the time where everything looked blurry, shiny and muddy
>>
>>334303352
While I kind of agree with this, if the audience they are trying to accommodate are the whiny type, then we might see great ideas get scrapped in favor of not offending anyone.
>>
File: VTMB LA Night.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
VTMB LA Night.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>334303535
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJDwOK8Ke7Y

there literally is not a better game ever released than vampire bloodlines, not even shitposting
>>
to be quite honest i liked redemption a whole more than bloodlines

i bet nobody on modern /v/ even knows there were multiple vampire: the masquerade games before bloodlines
>>
File: 1445912809464.png (93 KB, 216x249) Image search: [Google]
1445912809464.png
93 KB, 216x249
>>334304316
>to be quite honest i liked redemption a whole more than bloodlines
>>
>>334303352
You know that's not the way it works. It's not about finding legitimate fault with things. It's about just whining about everything.

If we lived in the perfect utopia, those sorts of people would find something to complain about. Maybe the utopia would be too perfect. Maybe they would decide the sun is the wrong colour.
>>
>>334302508
>>VtMB lead programmer Tim Cain works at Obsidian

Isn't this a terrible thing? VtMB was an atrocious mess on release
>>
>>334303172
How the fuck is modern WoD SJW as fuck? It was the older WoD that was more like that with how much they catered to that whiny goth stereotype. Hell VTMB was good BECAUSE of how much it deviated from oWoD thus being a technically bad adaptation compared to something like Baldur's Gate.

nWoD can be done in whatever style the DM/GM/ST wants it to be it's designed to be more open so it can be molded into anything.

oWoD without significant deviation like VTMB would always be: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXpxnxAL62A
>>
Hollywood theme is the best

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ff1DjBe3LOM
>>
I want lewds or being able to mod in lewds
>>
>>334304597
It was forced out of the gate and they were dealing with the ever-changing Source engine at the time
>>
File: phagequack.png (245 KB, 800x544) Image search: [Google]
phagequack.png
245 KB, 800x544
>Its actually good
>>
>>334304316
>multiple
You mean "one".
>>
>>334304597
are you retarded? tim cain programmed fallout by himself ffs
>>
>>334304814
>one
lol, you dont know about the hunter series or the werewolf games?

there i go again, thinking modern /v/ is older than teenage years.
>>
>>334303352
>politically correct VtMB which offends no one
>no black criminals
>trannies shoehorned in and you can't even kill them
>all women are covered up and act like feminists

Yeah, nah, kill yourself faggot.
>>
>>334305327
You know Hunter: The Reckoning was based off Hunter: The Reckoning not Vampire: The Masquerade, right?

And the Werewolf one on Werewolf: The Apocalypse, which again is NOT Vampire: The Masquerade.
>>
>>334305327
Yes and each one takes place in its own series. Vampire, Hunter, Werewolf, etc are all their own entities that are a part of WoD.
>>
>>334305595
There's literally a story in one of the nWoD books about a black ghetto vampire criminal guy though. SJW-boogeyman guy is making shit up.
>>
>>334305595
why can't a single fucking developer just do what people actually in want in the name of equality?
>good and bad black people
>good and bad trannies
>misogynists
>misandrist

it would be fine.
>>
>>334303172
>modern WoD is SJW as fuck.

I hope this meme dies soon.

oWoD and White Wolf in general was always, ALWAYS, progressive as fuck.

If anything the nWoD toned down on all this shit
>>
>>334305595
>trannies shoehorned in
Could they warp the shit out of the Tzimisce and have them use their monstrous fleshcrafting powers for justice, good and progressive libertarianism?

Or would they just make up their own brand new clan?
>>
File: havin a giggle m8.jpg (51 KB, 291x315) Image search: [Google]
havin a giggle m8.jpg
51 KB, 291x315
>>334305618
when did i ever say hunter: the reckoning

hunter series came out in the 80s on the amiga, sport, and is part of the world of darkness.

werewolf games, while centered around werewolves, are part of the world of darkness.

armed with this new knowledge, maybe you can make more intelligent posts.
>>
If they do make a new one I hope it isn't shit.
>>
>>334302962
I'd give my wife's son
>>
Listen we all know SJW can't write for shit. If they do write they try and shoehorn some '''progressive message''' into their shit.

I just want a good game. Once a game gets written to support a political narrative it usually kills the escapism of video games which is fucking essential to the fucking purpose of even playing a video game in the first place.
>>
>>334306987
You said multiple vampire: the masquerade games
>>
>>334306987
You said multi Vampire: The masquerade games, though. Hunter and Werewolf are SEPARATE from that.
>>
>>334302508
Brian Mitsoda isn't the same person he was 12 years ago. You can check his and his wife's twitter. They were both pretty cool and then they moved to LA or Seattle(don't remember)...
>>
>>334307509
honestly i was expecting you to say "B-BUT THE WORLD OF DARKNESS WAS MADE IN 1991" showing that you only know of white wolf's WoD
>>
>>334306987
Also did further research on the games YOU are talking about. They have NOTHING to do with World Of Darkness.
>>
>>334307640
There is only White Wolf's WoD though. Rein-Hagen had the concept made before he founded White Wolf, but that was only a year before. Might wanna take your meds before you start posting on the internet.
>>
>>334302962

I would give up all 2+ of my bastard children.

Honestly, I think I have 4-5 total.

I'd give them all.

Winter is coming.
>>
>>334307398
From the writer's perspective is not just political it's moral. It's akin to having a game where there's a quest to save a poor person and one of the option is to transfer wealth from a richer one. That doesn't mean the game has a communist agenda.

A better example, there are many fantasy games where racism is a theme. Yet it'd be retarded to whine about games trying to turn white countries in non-white ones. It's not political.
>>
So...considering how shit this thread turned, do you guys think that the

"modern WoD is SJW shit" liar

and the

"amiga games were WoD games you guys are so casual there was a WoD before WoD" liar

are the same person?
>>
>>334308813
>he doesn't actually play WoD
>he's not aware how the audience is filled with feminists and cucks

I wonder if Paradox actually pay shills only for reddit or do hey also pay them for 4chan posts.
>>
Is it set in nWoD or oWoD?
>>
>>334308608
If you want a good example of where the line is drawn from SJW political shoe horning and regular writing just check out Ubisoft's next Polticialcrusade game. The new Assass creed game.
>>
>>334302508
>>VtMB project lead Leonard Boyarsky now working at Obsidian
Why would he do that? Obsidian is a pretty shitty place to work (I love them, but let's be real) and from what I heard Blizzard teams roll in dosh and have great working conditions.

>>334302962
>I'd give up my first born child
So, nothing?
>>
WoD has always been deviant and transgressive contrasted against centuries old monsters who think if you're not a 1700's kid you don't know shit about (un)life. It's never been progressive, goths aren't progressive. They lez out because it was taboo and it will make their dads mad.

If they're going to cram SJW nonsense in there then vampires will just cultivate herds of abused lgbt teens to feed off while pretending to care about their stupid bullshit. Maybe a Tzimisce or demented Toreador will make an art of fleshcrafting kine into hermaphrodites whether or not they want it.
>>
File: baali.jpg (2 MB, 3170x1058) Image search: [Google]
baali.jpg
2 MB, 3170x1058
>>334306439
Nah it was more just all over the place. Stuff like the Ravnos exist, and they're literally "dude gypsies lmao" the clan.
>>
>>334309027
Difference between oWoD and nWoD/CoD, dumbass. oWoD is the one that has all those faggots there. White Wolf was known for having an audience that was like that long before tumblr or wherever the hell else you see people like this. They tried something different with nWoD which is far better and doesn't have any of that (again, in one of the nWoD/CoD Vampire books there's literally a ghetto as fuck black criminal vampire) along with MUCH better mechanics. Of course the oWoD fans said they didn't like nWoD/CoD cuz they don't have good taste in stuff and doesn't cater to their special snowflake bullshit 24/7 with a more openly designed world that can be manipulated to however the player wants. That was when WW brought back some of the oWoD stuff to make money off these people.

Don't just spew whatever dumb meme bullshit somebody on the internet tells you to. It's worth actually knowing your shit about topics you want to talk about so you are contributing to a discussion while also not looking like an idiot.
>>
>>334309573
But they aren't though. Making the CoD/new World setting go in a specific direction like say...an SJW one is completely against the core concepts of how they build their worlds today.

>>334309820
That weird 90s goth shit was the tumblr special snowflake of its time though for sure.
>>
>>334310107
>That weird 90s goth shit was the tumblr special snowflake of its time though for sure.

Oh, sure. There's no getting around that. I just don't like when people make out it's the same bullshit as you get on tumblr now. For all it was special snowflake, at least it was still reasonably grounded.
>>
File: 1445193391511.png (697 KB, 965x675) Image search: [Google]
1445193391511.png
697 KB, 965x675
>>334309820
REMOVE BAALI
>>
>>334302962
I would give up my first sired kindred
>>
>>334310252
things like goth subculture paved the way for social justice even though they aren't the same thing (goths dont care about pushing their beliefs onto others)
>>
>>334310594
Hardly. You'd be better off blaming the Gen X thing, which led to hipsters and the idea that being outside of the mainstream is desirable, which was then extended to politics, which led to going against conservative ideas, which led to the shit we have now.

Goths always just did their own thing. Annoying preachy hipsters were always the problem.
>>
>>334309917
Oh come off it, the rules were barely different other than retarded design choices like not being able to move and do an action at the same time. Whatever goodwill they generated with an interesting take on the games has gone out the window with The Matrix rip off God Machine plot and newer absolutely awful concepts like Beast the Otherkin.
>>
>>334310781
>mfw the puritanical "satan in our records" religious nuts were a million times more tolerable
Fuck this sexual revolution regression, I cannot believe there is no place in the world for good 90's sexual grunge.
>>
>>334310942
>Oh come off it, the rules were barely different other than retarded design choices like not being able to move and do an action at the same time.
That's bullshit and you know it. The overall design of it is completely different with a lot more creativity given to the player as to how they want to interpret the world.

>The Matrix rip off God Machine plot
It's definitely more lovecraftian than Matrix though. Not to mention it's meant to be a more technological modern take on the type of stuff you would find with Delta Green. A nifty addition to CoD, unlike...

>Beast the Otherkin
Which has been rightfully lambasted by pretty much everyone and their mothers. That being said, even if we take into account that something like God Machine is bad, too, it doesn't take away from the whole system in of itself. Even the top tier of PnP systems like FATE and Savage Worlds have a few bad books, too.

>>334310781
Hipsters have been around for a LONG time though. Why we bring up this goth thing is because both modern SJW stuff and the 90s goth shit are very similar when considering their underlying concepts of special snowflake shit. Not to mention VTM, and even VTMB have always been big among the tumblr base as a result.
>>
>>334302909
Larian or CDPR could do it.
>>
File: 1450148666625.gif (2 MB, 260x200) Image search: [Google]
1450148666625.gif
2 MB, 260x200
>>334302508
>ywn shit your pants doing the haunted house mission for the first time again
>>
>>334304597
>VtMB was an atrocious mess on release
The coding was perfectly fine.They simply didn't have the time to work in the animations for everything.

The game was rushed for crying out loud.

Can you imagine if they were given the time to tweak everything up to the quality of the face animations and reactions?
>>
>>334306987
There were A LOT of batman games before the Arkham ones. Remember the Superman game on the Sega? Superman is part of DC Comics like Batman therefore.. Woah.. MULTIPLE BATMAN GAMES!!!!

Se how fucking retarded you are? Now kill yourself.
>>
>>334302508
It's going to be a top down RPG. Screenshot this post. A fully voiced, animated first or third person RPG costs enough to bankrupt Paradox. Not going to happen.
>>
>>334314482
Nah, one of the best things about Bloodlines was the voice acting I am sure they are smart enough to realize that. Not to mention if they had the money to buy WWP's assets, I am sure they can shell out money for good voice acting.
>>
>>334314823
I think that's exactly what they've been doing for the past 8 months; debating what to do, where to go with the IP and how much they can afford.
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.