[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So how's the overall world connectivity in Dark Souls 3?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
So how's the overall world connectivity in Dark Souls 3?

Can you see parts of the world connected to each other from various viewpoints or is it nonsensical as Dark Souls 2 was?
>>
>>334301894
It's not as good as DS1, but far better than DS2. The world isn't actually too interconnected in any meaningful way but the levels are rather non-linear in a way that 2 wasn't.
>>
>>334302059
This. Not as connected as the earlier parts of 1 and the painted world, but fuck me it's huge and branching. I get lost all the time. I'd appreciate a little indication what's the main path, there are too many places I've decided to check out later that I've forgotten all about now.
>>
>>334301894
>can you see parts of the world connected to each other from various view points
Yes.

I don't think they're trying the whole WORLD IS DISTORTED thing again.

Everything seems more.. Intact, or "normal" If it's broken or devastated, there's a rhyme/reason you can pick up on for it being in such condition.
>>
>>334302059
>>334302271
>>334302287

Cheers, anons. As you see in the OP, I've only barely begun exploring the game, was just wondering about what lay ahead of me.
>>
>>334301894

the entire game is connectet (you can see past and future areas from virtually every place in the game except from underground), the problem is that there is no epicenter like in dark souls 1 because firelink is in another dimension away from lothric, they did this for story reasons
>>
>>334302287
>I don't think they're trying the whole WORLD IS DISTORTED thing again.

You should finish the game before speaking. time is 200 times more convoluted HERE than in dark souls 1, there's even an alternate universe you can visit.
>>
>>334301894
muh connectivity
>>
The world isn't very interconnected

The level design is however consistently fantastic
>>
Its mostly a linear path in terms of connectivity. There aren't really any multipath connections to different areas like there was in DaS1 and DaS2.

>>334303431
This.
Except the swamp and Road of Sacrifices which both look like hot ass.
Undead Settlement and the Cathedral are fucking really well designed and fun to explore.
>>
>>334303431
Only bad places in my opinion were Cathedral of the Deep and Irythill before the Pontiff boss.
>>
Had to teleport from the start area to the next area, and to the area after that.
Only got as far as the undead settlement so far, but the first few bits make it seem disconnected more like Demon's Souls.
>>
>>334305090
those places were fantastic though
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.