[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think of the best Castlevania since SOTN?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: image-2016-04-14-19-13-07.jpg (5 KB, 314x160) Image search: [Google]
image-2016-04-14-19-13-07.jpg
5 KB, 314x160
What do you think of the best Castlevania since SOTN?
>>
would be great to play to try it from kat
>>
> not an official Castlevania title
> not Dawn of Sorrow
Get fucked OP
>>
>>334288134
Dawn of Sorrow isn't even top 5
>>
>>334289430
Fuck you bitch nigga it's great
>>
>>334289495
Please. Its the third best Castlevania on DS, but thats all.
There are even non-castle metroidvanias on DS better.
>>
>"It's like 2D dark souls"
Dropped
>>
>>334287445
>What do you think of the best Castlevania since SOTN?
And which Castlevania would that be?
And why is your pic unrelated?
>>
>>334289760
"Its like Castlevania but 3D"
This is Dark Souls
>>
>>334287445
Aria of Sorrow? I like it.
>>
>>334287445
The character design is straight out of an angsty 12 year old's webcomic and that really turns me off. Plus, I REALLY hate puppet animation. It makes everything look like a flash game.

Also, the game tries to sell itself as a 2D Soul's style game but removing that third dimension also removes a lot of the depth and challenge, as does limiting attacks to one swing. It really does devolve it into just another RPG style Castlvania game and ends up having the same problems. It gets boring after a while because you eventually get to a point where it all feels the same and you've gotten OP enough that nothing really poses a threat anymore. The only difference is they upped the damage enemies do to make it "challenging".

I'm bored of RPG style Castlevania games. Can we go back to stage-based action-platformers for a while where all you have is a whip, subweapons, and powerups?
>>
If you're looking for a 2D souls game, this is it. It really feels like a Souls game, true to the form. For example, Lords of the Fallen played like a Souls game, but it didn't give me that Souls-like experience. But this game feels familiar. It's a real treat for Souls fans like me and you.
>>
OOE was great.
>>
>>334287445
Might get it on vita someday.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.