[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What if it ends up being really good ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: 1460652051337[1].jpg (77 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460652051337[1].jpg
77 KB, 1280x720
What if it ends up being really good ?
>>
>>334286412
It will, SE can't fuck this or else they're also fucked
>>
>>334286412
well then i'm all for episode 2
>>
I think it will all come down to the battle system and how they implement the different aspects from the original in a real-time way. The one gameplay trailer looked pretty good to me.
>>
>>334286412
Yuffie and Vincent are dlc because optional.
>>
>>334286586

This game is being released because the studio is in trouble financially. It's either a make or break situation.
>>
>>334286586
They didn't seem to mind watching the FF serise die off for the past decade, what's changed now? They still make lots of games outside of FF, own several media productions outside of videogames, and even then the MMOs will continue to produce reliable income for them. Even if everything really was on the line for them do you think they would know how to make a good game? That they had the option too all these years and just decided not to?
>>
What if you stop posting the same thread every 30 minutes faggot
>>
>>334286412
it wont because people have set their expectations way too high and will only lead to disappoint for them

happened with MGSV, going to happen with FF7 remake and FF15
>>
>>334287861
They changed their management not so long ago. The management that was responsible for the previous decade is mostly gone now.
>>
>>334286815
Have you looked at their financials lately? Hint: having 200+ million profits per year is not "trouble".
>>
>>334288076
That's actually really exciting. I always got the impression that Japanese companies and SE in particular weren't very flexible.
>>
>>334287861
>They didn't seem to mind watching the FF serise die off for the past decade, what's changed now?
They realized FF ain't shit anymore
http://www.famitsu.com/matome/ff15/interview01_EN.html
>>
>>334288332
SE is a huge company now and the only Eastern/Western videogame publisher aside from Sony. They're a special case in many ways.
>>
File: 1407799590621.jpg (30 KB, 288x428) Image search: [Google]
1407799590621.jpg
30 KB, 288x428
>>334286412
> Final Fantasy XIII combat
> no liberty to do all the amazing summons, probably just QTE cutescenes
> content like Honeybee confirmed by director to be censored to avoid "bad critics" on the west
> for the same reason probably Tifa and Yuffie will have their designs altered or just use the Advent Children designs
> other "conflictive" content in discussion to be removed (like Aeris and Red XIII Hojo's experiment, The little girl cpr escene and others)

Yeah this looks to be a really good game, watch the Sephiroth fight be a QTE like shadow of mordor
>>
A whole game set in Midgar is conceptually a cool thing, but I don't see how the other episodes will work quite as well
>>
File: 0871-Final-Battle-Sephiroth.png (23 KB, 350x253) Image search: [Google]
0871-Final-Battle-Sephiroth.png
23 KB, 350x253
>>334289110
Like this?
>>
I warned you about that monkey's paw
>>
>>334289337
I was talking about the one-winged angel fight, that fight was mostly "space" summons attacks from sephiroth, the fight will probably be like 2 or 3 phases where you hit a sponge and the QTEs
>>
>>334289272
Gold Saucer will be the bee's knees. Maybe the motorcycle escape could be cool too. Of course, those are just small parts compared to an overall episode.
>>
Does it have realtime combat?
>>
>>334286586
1.It's in the fucking unreal engine
2.It's a fucking action game
3.They are giving nomura free reign and he's the kind of artist you do not let run wild. But since they no longer have anyone who can help focus his talents and keep him in line and everyone else save for the guy(s) who helped repair the FF14 is basically retarded...

It's going to be beyond divisive.
>>
>>334289502
Last time Nomura made a boss with QTEs was in KH2 and they still were really good fights
>>
>>334289110
>>334289859

I really just hope someone can just rip the assets of the new game and remake the old one
>>
>>334289951
as long as i don't have to spin around my joystick and pressing x as fast as possible like a retard, i'm fine with qtes
>>
>>334289110
That's why u import
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.