[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Literally the worst and most hardest boss in any Souls game ever.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9
File: pontiff2_tc.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pontiff2_tc.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
Literally the worst and most hardest boss in any Souls game ever.

Stupidly fast moves with little recovery time and can excute 5 hit combo strings all with various timings on his moves and then in his second phase he gets a double.

Parrying is impossible because they changed it, meaning you can't simply react to an attack you need to calculate at what point your parry will work and you won't be able to do it consistenly because you have no frame of reference.

Fuck this boss, fuck fromsoft, I hope the person who made this boss dies and all his family dies. Fuck you, fuck this game.
>>
get good
>>
Killed him solo yesterday with no summon or spells. Easily the best and most difficult boss in the souls series so far. There is a way to cheese him though
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________git gud___________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>
Killed him first try with magic OP, even though magic is "bad" in this game.
You might just be bad.
>>
>>334274460
>le git gud meme

No.
>>
>>334274414
Parrying is exactly the same as Dark Souls 1. You can even test it on the Black/Silver Knights who have the exact same animations as they did in the first game.
>>
>>334274610
Not OP but no it isn't. Parrying requires you to time it so the enemy hits you half way during your parry animation.

Parrying in Dark Souls 1 simply requires parrying as soon as the attack is about to hit you.
>>
Where do I get more refined gems?
t. quality build
>>
>>334274414
I NPC summoned for him and beat him second attempt,only because the first attempt, Black Hand Gotthard died.

Gotthard is a beast though.
>>
Git gud faggot

Solo'd him yesterday, didn't even use shields or parries. Just twin swords and good dodging
>>
>>334275094
Trying, but I've died 80 times now.

Not sure what to do.
>>
I did summon the NPCs to help kill him they were better at it than any human being

I tried to solo him many times but once he gets his doppelganger, I'm at a loss of what you can do. I fire orb'd him during the summoning which gets it to around half life, but I couldn't kill it off.

I believe they put 2 NPC summons right at his door for a reason.
>>
I won just using Pyromancy.

My build was primarily pyro based like a glass cannon, but I tried going melee because I couldn't win with it and died in 2 attacks.
>>
Easy as fuck compared to trap waifu 2016 boss.
>>
>>334274414
Walk to your left, that's how you defeat him.
>>
I couldn't do him without summoning, but I was really undergeared at the time.
It's a really cool fight, but I had so much trouble when the shadow-clone spawns. Relentless.

Very very cool fight.
>>
>>334276537
>walk to your left
>literally does 5 attacks where he slashes around himself several times

This is how you can tell someone hasn't played the game.
>>
Lol i have more problem with Lothric brothers than
him right now
>>
File: 1460448813937.jpg (57 KB, 960x949) Image search: [Google]
1460448813937.jpg
57 KB, 960x949
>>334274414
>most hardest
>>
>>334274596

Underrated response.

Also, I had no trouble with him, got him in three or so shots. Meanwhile, the Boreal Dancer was a pain in my fucking dick.
>>
It's frustrating, but I'm perfectly fine with that considering how easy other bosses were. For the second phase stock up on firebombs, I used those for when he summoned that shade.
>>
>>334274414
He's quite hard for sure, but i dont think hes up to par with Ludwig/Orphan.

>>334276537
I had an easier time going right
>>
>>334277959
Really? I beat them on the second try, just had to stay close in the second phase.
The Prince barely cast any spells at me during that
>>
>>334274414
This guy felt pretty fucking remorseless, but that might be because I'm a dumbass who never uses a shield
>>
>>334278513
Naw, he'd fuck you up if you tried to eat his hits with a shield, rolling is the way to go
>>
you see those stairs before him? stand there, his swings will whiff 80% of the time
>>
I beat him on my first try, but he was definitely tough. Only had a couple estus left. He didn't feel like bullshit at all, though.
>>
DSP did it
>>
File: Literally Hitler.jpg (323 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Literally Hitler.jpg
323 KB, 1920x1080
>Hardest boss
>Not this faggot
>>
>>334274414
you clearly did not have to fight Pthumerian Descendent on 5th level Isz dungeon on small ass arena.
>>
>>334278995
>Oh you can survive a 1HKO?
>takes away your health pool.
>>
>beat pontiff on 4th try.

>Two Princes by Spin Doctors took me all fucking knight.
>>
>>334274414
All his attacks are easily blocked with a greatshield and will cost little stamina. Many attacks will simply go over your head if you jog to his left. The double can be killed and has very little HP.

Git. Gud.
>>
>>334278995
If there is one enemy that people can claim that it's artificial difficulty it's him.

>can't do jack shit about his health drain
>absurd range
>there's small rooms with three of these fuckers
>if you get hit you're pretty much dead because of his second crush attack
>>
>>334278995
>Equip UGS
>Any single attack knocks him down, during which your health won't be drained
>Just run up and smash them once, then hit them again as they're getting up

Pretty easy if you have a UGS. Probably a nightmare otherwise.
>>
File: 1450603961971.gif (2 MB, 400x286) Image search: [Google]
1450603961971.gif
2 MB, 400x286
>>334281453
>that room before the profane capital with at least 6 jailers

Went all the way back to firelink shrine just to get a bow because I couldn't deal with this shit
>>
>>334281682
I really can't think of any way to possibly deal with them there without drawing them away one at a time with a bow.
>>
>>334274414
>most hardest
>>
Where are the NPC summons for young prince lothric?
>>
>>334274414
Do you want me to play the game for you?
>>
STOP BEING A FUCKING FAGGOT AND GET GOOD AT THE GAME YOU MOTHERFUCKING CASUAL BRAZILIAN AMERICAN BURGER HUEMONKEY!

IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT THEN GO FUCKING PLAY HELLO KITTY LIKE THE FAGGOT YOU FUCKING ARE.
>>
What's your personal choice for hardest boss /v/?
>>
File: 1459493033891.jpg (6 KB, 344x135) Image search: [Google]
1459493033891.jpg
6 KB, 344x135
I miss all the extreme health pools of bloodborne

all these bosses die too quickly
>>
>>334274414
How the fuck do you get to this boss? All the fucking doors are locked from the opposite side, and the only path leads to that shitty dungeon.
>>
File: img000018.png (82 KB, 795x261) Image search: [Google]
img000018.png
82 KB, 795x261
That crystal mage in the archives is really starting to get on my nerves
>>
Tower of latria 2.0 is fucking unfair as fuck
>>
>>334282728
Alternate path.

The area with water has a tunnel that will lead you there.
>>
>>334282519
Either TWOPRINCE or final dude.
>>
>>334278995
Their only attack is a super slow poke just don't panic and walk behind them
>>
>>334282853
Wait till you reach the archives
If you intentionally tried to cram artificial difficulty bullshit, you'd still come up with less bullshit than what's in the archives.
>>
>>334282551
>I miss all the extreme health pools of bloodborne
I don't miss falling asleep in bossfights
>>
Shittiest boss award goes to Yhorm for fucking obvious reasons.
>>
File: 1395326417303.gif (2 MB, 425x481) Image search: [Google]
1395326417303.gif
2 MB, 425x481
>Summon people for Dancer
>Doing fine
>They get hit by one attack
>Phantom has returned to their world
>mfw I was NG+
>>
>>334282519
Soul of Cinder or Nameless King are the only two valid choices.

Honorable mention to Pontiff and the Princes though
>>
I've only fought four bosses so far, but Abyss Watchers is definitely my least favorite. I beat it on my third try, but it's still just not a fun fight. I don't like bosses that consist of three or more enemies, unless the enemies are just adds.

The other fights were HELLA fun though.
>>
>>334283616
But the first part is 2v2
>>
I just cleared out the room with 6 fucking HP drainers in the dungeons and I started to fight the mimic, he grabbed me once at full health, over 1000 HP, and it killed me
I fuckinf hate this area
>>
>>334283995
*fucking
>>
>>334283456
So does that mean being in NG+ has no bearing on who you can invade? As in I can invade people in ng from ng+?
>>
So after you beat the final boss do you have to continue to NG+ or can you fuck around?
>>
>>334284269
I don't think it does because I got invaded and completely rekt the guy and my summons got rekt by enemies, but people could just have shit builds

>>334284415
You get the choice to continue immediately, or continue later at the shrine bonfire.
>>
>>334274414
>incredibly huge and obvious tells
>extremely easy to dodge
>can literally just circle strafe around him for most attacks
>clone is weak to magic so you can use a resin and demolish it

I beat this nigga first try alone and I wasn't even in ember form. git gud
>>
>>334277117
He's a big guy and his attacks have a high angle. You actually can just walk around him and most of them will whiff
>>
>>334274414
Manus is harder
>>
>>334284562
As soon as you get +1 rings you can no longer invade or summon ng people. As for invades, it's just based on level and weapon level. If you have a +10 weapon, you'll get invaded by everyone with a +10 or +5 boss weapon.
>>
Solo'd him a few hours ago

Make sure you can fast roll
Grabbing that roll "I-frames up, defence down" ring from catacombs made it pretty easy

really fun fight
>>
File: 1451205507880.jpg (12 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1451205507880.jpg
12 KB, 400x400
>>334283340
>mfw Siegward started fucking the boss shit up

It was like Tarkus and the Iron Golem all over again, god bless that based onion knight
>>
>>334274414
Use that blood ring that gives you extra dodging, and focus on dodging and punishing
>>
>>334284834
I think I got Siegward killed just like every other NPC. Feels bad
>>
I hate how so many enemies have combos that don't stay the same

>Combo seems to have 3 hits
>This time I'ma do 4 XD
>XD no, this time I'ma do 2 just to confuse you!!!
>>
Am I the only one wh odied like 20 times on Abyss Watchers? I did forget to upgrade my estus and beat them in second try when I had powerd it up but still! It thought it was hard as shit!
>>
>>334274596
i was stuck in that boss, at least 20 tries, theni notice i didn upgrade my estus. now with estus flask +4 it was easy
>>
>>334285319
literally doesnt happen or theyre completely different attack start animations
>>
>>334285421
I can guarantee it happens, it all depends on distance and position relative to the boss. Tekken Champ Gundyr cancels his combos like this especially.
>>
>>334274414
I was struggling hard on this shit

Try to stick on his ass, roll into him and keep strafing left. He'll have trouble hitting you that way. Just be careful of the back swing he does, make sure you roll that as well.

On the second phase when he goes into the air, roll forwards as he's about to land.
>>
>>334285421
They do though. I noticed it with Darkwraiths especially.

>Start their """""three""""" hit: Slash, Slash, Kick combo
>arbitrarily skip the kick sometimes
>other times they stop after the first slash
>>
Deacons of the Deep is the easiest boss so far, but it was interesting. That orchestral music also makes it a bit more interesting.
>>
Why was yhorm so easy?
>>
>>334274607
delete the game and watch it on youtube if you cant beat it then?
>>
I thought he was ez. I walked in there with 3 flasks and killed him the first try. I had no idea what was up with the clone, if anything it made the fight easier since he telegraphs the moves they are both doing. I just ignored him and fucked the real one up.
>>
>>334286923
Gimmick boss.
>>
DSP took 43 tries to kill him
>>
>>334287262
Less than expected
>>
>>334278995

He tries that shit on me and he gets a UGS to the face.
>>
best boss since artorias

beat him with a blessed longsword and knight armor/dragoncrest shield
>>
>>334286804

The atmopehre was great in that fight. Much better than Prowling Magus.

Apparently they have a one hit kill attack, but I never saw it.
>>
>>334287604
This, deacons is immediately the best mob boss in the series for me, the music, visual designs and assembly around the elder one fit the area so fucking well.

That being said, cathedral of the deep was bloody enormous, just for fun they should have included a gargoyle boss at the top
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.