[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You are now in charge of a development team with a publisher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: download.jpg (34 KB, 500x348) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
34 KB, 500x348
You are now in charge of a development team with a publisher that lets you do whatever you want.

What game would you develop?

I'd start a series of wargames like Battlestations: Pacific, because I'm autistic like that. Make it bigger, better, and include more theatres.
>>
>>334269142
Either something set during the Regency and Victorian period, primerily grim fantasy, something like Medievil or Post Apocalyptic themed FPS set in slavlands.
>>
I'd probably make another STALKER Esq game, with pretty much all the same features plus more, a little more city based. more buildings to enter and actual things to find with a rich crafting system and weapon customization .
>>
>>334269142
Third person open world Action RPG Shadowrun.
All abilities/skills of previous games should be there.
>>
>>334269459
Whilst still trying to keep the same atmosphere I should add.
>>
Retro indie pixel shit

Get a kikestarter going and abandon the project bitching its to much work
>>
GTA type game in a cyberpunk universe.
>>
>>334269142
A new duke nukem with puzzle like map and lots of secret and easter eggs.
>>
>>334269142
>wargames like Battlestations: Pacific

I only played demos but that series seemed to have something going for it. We need more games with Pacific Naval and Air combat that aren't full blown simulators.
>>
>>334269605
This is all I want, doesn't even have to be cyberpunk, just future based or alien world would be cool, I was so looking forward to Prey 2.
>>
Nipponese combination of M&B Warband and Way of the Samurai / Dynasty Warriors.

You choose at the start to be a Warlord or a Ronin. Ronin is basically Dynasty Warriors with you exploring a full world Feudal Japan discovering unique sword / weapon techniques and fighting styles. Warlord is you exploring a full world Feudal Japan raising an army and fighting for yourself, your clan or whoever you want.

No matter what the world has a plot and evolves around you over 100 years and there is always a war that starts at some point in the game with you being either a warlord or a ronin affecting how that war goes. You always die either from losing battles or from old age.
>>
>>334269142
Make a motherfucking fast paced Mecha single player game with a skill ceiling to the best of my abilities in line with action games like Bayo, DMC, and NG
>>
File: It just works.gif (2 MB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
It just works.gif
2 MB, 500x375
>>334269142
An open world rpg done right with a huge amount of NPCs, level restricted areas, countless items and semi randomised loot akin to diablo or hack n slashes.

The story would be a back drop and would not take president over the gameplay, the stats, perks, skills and environment.

I'd make it a single player with optional 4 man lan co-op and have an end game that rewards team work and communication rather than solely rewarding high stats and top end gear accumulation.

DLC would be planned but would not be cut from the game and instead would offer much more than just a story, a couple new enemies to kill and maybe a new item or two. It would offer everything you would expect from an expansion, and not just some cash grab removed content sold off as DLC.
>>
>>334269142

Tab targeting combat with the slow pace of neverwinter nights 1
no or very few skills, just simple attack this, cast that spell etc.
open world with random generated dungeons (some handcrafted, too)
friendly fire, 1 live only, no save scamming
Mythological creatures, urban myths, folklore and horror themed with maybe some sci fi implementations
hunger/thirst/sleep/treatment systems
weapons with minimal stat mods but with special effects you can build your character around and grade up
2d sprites (3ds ugly)
playable with a gamepad
rythm game combat enhancement akin to paper mario but with more difficult combos
less sawrm enemies more stand out enemies
>>
>>334269142
Xcom but in Wh40k universe. At first you start as initiate, then you go through scouting missions, then you are promoted to full fledged marine and after exceptional, valiant mission which leaves you last man standing you get promoted to a squad sargeant which makes you order around a group of marines. After few missions you become company captain and fly around the galaxy in thunderhawk doing stuff, while having at disposal options like fielding tanks, dreadnoughts, apart from marines etc.

Battles/Missions can be done in space, boarding enemy vessels, planet falls, space hulk exploring, hive cities, undergrounds including necron tombs, forgotten ancient tech vaults.

Variety of items and equipement from armor parts, through weaponry, additional eq like iron halos, scanners, etc. Crafting, upgrading, customizing.
Attributes, Skill trees,etc, whole character sheets for each marine. Bionics upgrades.
Traits, Perks obtainable and given through events.

Melee and Ranged combat that would also include dual wielding weapons.

Main story line/quest line with explorable planets/hulks/space bases/ships/derelict ships/etc and numerous side quests to do in the galaxy.

Factions to work with/against. Faction rewards and quest lines. Race related quest lines like stopping Ork WAAAGH!, Eradicating Splinter Hive Fleets, Hive City purge, Space Hulk suicide mission/treasure hunting, Exterminatus,

Map in real time, combat turn based. Same as Xcom.

Visible damage to armours/vehicles. Destructible terrain/covers.

On Unreal Engine 4.
>>
>>334270000
That went from sounding shit to sounding alright to sounding shit again
>>
>>334270124

go play dark souls scrub
others want videogames to be great again
>>
>>334269572

Some walking simulator about a transgender dealing with racisim.

Kidding.

A point and click Dantes Inferno. I miss the goofy adventures like monkey Island and Grim.
>>
>>334269142
Fallout 2 clone or quality hentai games.

The later would be more profitable and self advertising because of controversy.
>>
I'd make an actual good mmo. No coddling, no catering, a strict "fuck you" policy towards the people playing the game, actual rpg elements, I would make content that some people just aren't going to ever be able to do because they aren't good enough/dont have enough time. I've seen too many mmo's ruined because the devs listen to their casual playerbase. Shit would be unfair when you first start out, it will feel incredibly overwhelming, you'll basically be a tiny spec of nothing compared to everyone else. I fucking hate special snowflake "you are the chosen one" crap.

The setting/plot/etc would basically just be cookie-cutter DnD or holy trinity shit, I'd focus more on the content and gameplay (ie, tight controls, no interface lag).
>>
>>334269142
Make that autist self insert stealth game I always wanted.
>>
A survival rpg with different game modes.

Resource gathering mode would feature full pvp all items lost upon death, take what you can afford to lose and gather resources of different tiers to build with later.

Build mode, where you build fortifications and settlement upgrades to further your income, your gear progression, your quest locations and so on.

Seige / Defend mode, picking to siege an opponents base mount and blade style.

Quest mode, picking to go on quests to gather funds and more importantly item upgrades.

Someone please make this.
>>
File: 1456444863894.png (27 KB, 803x600) Image search: [Google]
1456444863894.png
27 KB, 803x600
>>
The game I've always wanted to make:
Top-down view base-capture RTS in WW1 trenches. (Think Eufloria mechanics of generating troops from opened bases and trying to capture others, which can then generate troops. But the combat is mostly centered around moving through trenches on set lines. I've seen a lot of Flash/mobile games of this type, but Eufloria is thr only real title I've seen.) Lots of different options for map creation, somewhat deep mechanics, and the gimmick: You can leave your troops with a basic AI (which you can tell to be aggressive/defend, maybe upgrade) and go into the trenches as a semi-tanky troop and FPS it up. Obviously, multiplayer options, too.
>>
You know, I've been kinda thinking about a concept for a while.

Of course it's nothing particulary ambitious because it's meant to be something that can be realized as an indie game without much of a budget but hear me out on this:

It's a sort of walking simulator only instead of walking you spend most of it driving in a car or maybe a motorcycle. It's meant to convey the feeling of a roadmovie, with its visuals capturing the classic Route 66 aesthetic with dusty old gas stations, American Diners, run down motels with neon signs. You'll be able to stop at those locations and explore them, even talk to the people there. You can pick up hitchhiker at specific spots and share some hopefully engaging dialogue with them. There's a radio that lets you upload your own music. Maybe an overarching story, making the journey feel more meaningful.
>>
>>334269142
A Führer simulator.
>>
>>334270770
>sometimes hitchikers are helpful people who lead to comfy side quests in unexplored cities/towns
>sometimes they're murderers

I'd play it
>>
Overlord 3: a good game edition
>>
>>334270770
>Driving Around in San Andreas as a Kid: The Game, but a much bigger map and replace drive by shootings with drive-ins
I love it.
>>
>>334269142
a sequel to tis-100 but with octagon shaped nodes instead of squares
>>
Racing Game...

-Add Game Engine from Turn 10
-Make it like Forza Horizon 2
-Remove DLC's
-Add special Online Events every Week
-Release it for PC!
>>
>>334272195
-Special Online Event this Week
>24 Hours of Nordschleife ... 5 Racing classes at once! The 100 Best "Teams" get a special Item you cant buy. Like a badass Bodykit or a special paint/sticker of the Event
>>
>>334270107
>yet another space marines game

YAWN
>>
>>334272689
The 10 Best Teamchef's, Drivers, Car mechanic get a special Car as well
>>
big budget hentai game

Play as a girl or a boy
>>
>>334269142
A new operation genesis game for that jurrasic park.

Then I'd beg EA for wait for their rights to starwars games fades and make Jedi knight 4, and Republic commando 2.

Then maybe a competitive strategy game. Age of empires 4.
>>
Make free WOW Vanilla, then close the servers to see the Nostfags die a second time
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.