[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Curious how you hold your controller /v/? My right hand starts
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2
File: Clawone[1].jpg (100 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Clawone[1].jpg
100 KB, 1024x768
Curious how you hold your controller /v/? My right hand starts hurting after a couple of hours of Rocket League.
>>
Damn. You have Andre the Giant hands.
>>
>>334259948
Why don't you put two fingers-one on the D-pad and the other on Left Stick?
>>
Just occurred to me how shit this controller is.
>>
>>334260246
Only need D-pad in menus, not while playing
>>
>>334260567
Then how do you change/use weapons/magic/items while moving? Just stand there to take damage?
>>
>>334259948
I thought I was the only one. I do that but with b so I can use the camera in dark souls while running
>>
>>334260652
You use magic in rocket league? That's news to me.
>>
Simple, I don't use a controller
>>
>>334261948
Video games are meant to be played with a controller.
>>
Why the fuck would you play rocket league wit crab grip? Totally unnecessary.
>>
I hold it normally.
I don't understand how some peoples' hands can start hurting after using a controller for awhile. I can playgames for hours on end and my hands feel fine.
The only method of control that actually does hurt my hands is mouse and keyboard. Even then it's just my left hand that starts hurting from wsad movement.
>>
>>334262058
You can't play a proper RTS with controller
And while I could beat Dark Souls and such games with m+kb, I barely struggled past Undead Burg with a controller
Same with Fighting games
>>
>>334259948
The only time I know I do this consistently is in the GTA games so i can run around and operate the camera at the same time.
>>
>>334262085
Looks like he mostly uses the camera detached from the ball but sometimes uses uses it (y) button.

Also, there is a reason why the controllers are the way they are, it's not intended for you to hold or use it like OP and many others try hards use.

Specially that every game now has lock on.
>>
>>334262398
So you absolutely need to use left, right joysticks, both side triggers and more than one right side button at the same time?
Yeah right, might as well do the same on the left side as well to use the d-pad so you can simulate smashing the controller in your face.
>>
How did you take that picture?
>>
>>334262359
Controllers are fine on fighting games. Superior to keyboards in any way.
>>
File: 7LFbi7a.jpg (832 KB, 4128x3096) Image search: [Google]
7LFbi7a.jpg
832 KB, 4128x3096
>>
>>334261867
You only use controller for Rocket League?
>>
>>334264383
upboated, haven't seen this before xD
>>
>>334264383
Contergan?
>>
>>334262058
Most are not.
>>
>>334259948
I only use that hand positioning in GTA to easier move the camera around while shooting and so on.
>>
>>334263660

Controllers:
>Fightan games
>TPS / TPA
>Platformers
>beat em ups

Keyboard/mouse:
>RTS
>Citybuilding
>FPS
>Point and click
>top-down arcadey shooters
>RPGs

Tl;dr Keyboards and Controllers have strengths and weaknesses, and are better suited to different kinds of games
coming up next, local bear shits in woods.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.