[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boreal Valley
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8
File: 20160414113649_1.jpg (345 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414113649_1.jpg
345 KB, 1920x1080
Well hey there, Player Character! Welcome to the Valley!
Hey we noticed you don't have infinite stamina. That's a shame. A finite amount of stamina must be such a pain. I mean, look how much we have! How do you ever expect to dodge both of our 7-swing combos and still have enough to attack back!? Damn man that's gonna be tough.
>>
good thing they have no poise.
>>
>>334258378
/thread
>>
>>334258317
You can mash attacks and stunlock them, so it isn't nearly as bad as DaS2. I don't think anything will ever be as bad as the fucking hammer knights at Dragon Shrine, with their fucking 20 hit combos.
>>
>>334258378
Yeah, after such a fun experience up to this point the thing I want to do is riskily stun-lock 3 guys to death on the stairs.

The next bit is even worse, with the fire-casters that don't even need LoS on you.
>>
>>334258378

Pretty much the solution to most enemies i feel, they have almost infinite combos and shield breaks when you try to sidestep.

Once you stop the act of trying to time shit and just break their poise it gets easier. Less dark souls more bloodborne mentality.
>>
File: 1460495438198.png (54 KB, 454x439) Image search: [Google]
1460495438198.png
54 KB, 454x439
>>334258470
The only part that's dumb is the spot where a fire caster overlooks another firecaster, and that can be avoided by waiting for the patrolling one to walk out of range of the second. Literally just git gud.
>>
>The Dungeon

The very definition of artificial difficulty. I love how the enemies that aren't supposed to have poise power through my attack and kill me with their poker because they took 80% health away with their AoE bullshit
>>
>>334259451
When they raise their poker even before they thrust it it has attack frames. Lead them to corners and catch them as they round it if you can't spam them down immediately
>>
File: Drifter 2.jpg (63 KB, 783x414) Image search: [Google]
Drifter 2.jpg
63 KB, 783x414
Those guys aren't the reason I'm stuck in this place
I can't take this...
in short Let me out...
>>
Someone post pictures of the creepy hand monsters.
>>
>>334258969
This is true in my experience as well
This game is kinda Bloodborne but without the good dodging mechanics.
>>
>>334258378

this

also lrn2parry

parrying is easy as fuck in this game
>>
>>334259734
They have like no health
Upgrade your weapons, get a fire longsword or some shit
>>
>>334258441
Good thing there was only one fool with hammer
>>
>>334258969
pretty much

just throw whatever you know about the old dark souls out the fucking window, because its time to to attack shit before it attacks you, and they never stop attacking to begin with. dont dodge or use your shield, just fucking hit everything you see immediately
>>
>>334259842

This.
>>
>>334260042

That's what I've been getting from the game so far. If you can't chain stun them and kill them before your stamina runs out, you are pretty much fucked. Makes a lot of weapons obsolete as well.
>>
>tfw almost every item ive picked from a great soul has ended up being worthless
Are there even any good ones?
the only useful thing ive gotten out of it is havels ring
>>
>>334260130
It's what made me swap from SS/GS to UGS.

I got sick of having to hope my 2nd hit doesn't get interrupted.
>>
>>334260269
I'm usually a GS/Halberd man in Dark Souls games, but in this game the best weapon I've come across is the Broadsword you get in the first area of the game simply because it's fast enough to get in between enemy attacks.
>>
Why can't you summons come to the bossroom REEEEEE.
>>
>>334260367

I've been trying to make a quality halberd build work in DS3, but it's just no the same. You do a lot of damage, sure, but timing the first strike is just to hard when every enemy has some kind of 1 frame instant dash attack, with a 5 hit combo followup.
>>
>>334260216
this what the fuck

all the weapons are garbage
>>
>>334260367
I never liked it, in every game it has always had a lacking moveset for me. Well, a combhination of moveset and range. The weapon has good range but the movesets fail to use it well.
>>
>>334259842
The game has the bloodborne dodge though.

I'm personally not a fan of the bloodborne dodge but I think it's better implemented in DaS3. Having dodge roll and nothin personnel -dodge be different buttons is way better in my opinion.
>>
>>334260657
You mean the art for the daggers?
Or is there some other way
>>
>>334260505
I know that pain, my man.
I found the BKH so I'll see if I can make that work

>>334260657
How do you do the Bloodborne dodging?
>>
>>334260723
>>334260735

I meant the weapon art for daggers. It consumes so little fp that it almost feels infinite and later on you get a ring that gives you fp for hitting enemies.
>>
File: pontiff2_tc.jpg (470 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pontiff2_tc.jpg
470 KB, 1920x1080
>>334258317
Literally the only scary pontiff knight is the one with the scythe because her combo goes in 270 around her and the string is about 4-5 hits long, compared to 2-3 on the regular ones.
The only formidable enemies there are fire witches spotting you from afar (and even that can be negated if you catch them alone and just run in, dodging) and whooping 2 Unwanted resting at the tombstones.

The pontiff, though. Fuck me I wasn't ready to take a lesson in getting gud.
>>
>>334258317

I just stood back and shot magic at them. Didn't take a scratch.
>>
>>334260824

Huh, might try them out then. Rolls just don't work for weapons with difficult to aim followup attacks, and you really can't afford to miss with all that stamina spent.
>>
>>334260824
On mine i can use weapon arts even when the fp bar is depleted
Does it even make a difference?
I feel like nothing changes and i cant tell if its intended or not
>>
What's the deal with weapon arts balance? For some weapons (cough, straight swords, cough), you get two super useful abilities, for others you get a mediocre buff or an attack that is less useful than just mashing R1.
>>
>>334261009
Huh I didn't realize that. Maybe the weapon arts do less damage if you have empty fp bar?
>>
>>334258317
Is there anything secret to do at gwyndolin's shrine after the Pontiff? I'll be very disappointing if you can't open the passage again in this game
>>
>>334258378
what's fucking weird about this game is any enemy that can have their poise broken on the first hit can have it broken by a longsword, and any enemy that can withstand the first hit from a longsword can withstand the first hit from a greatsword as well. It basically makes greatswords useless, which sucks because I'm kind of tired of using the irythyll straight sword
>>
>>334261314

Now that you mentioned, I've noticed this as well. Like an UGS R2 deals as much poise damage as an SS R1 on the first hit. What's the point?
>>
Literally another game where the balance mix of range, speed and power from Katanas is the strongest.

The fact you can literally duck under enemy swings is amazing.
>>
I've really struggled against some enemies, but in searching for more undead bone dust or whatever it is (new sublime bone dust) I just stumbled into the abyss watchers and one shot the fight, it seems so much easier than a lot of shit that i've had thrown at me already, or did I just get lucky?
>>
>>334261470
there isn't one. I gave up greatswords after that first darkwraith in the swamp. You barely have an opening for one swipe with a greatsword between his infinite stamina attacks, and he only staggers on the second hit anyways (which you'll never get since he fucks you in the ass before you can swipe again)

Switched back to longsword and he staggers on the second hit

Not to mention all the greatswords i've seen so far do just about as much base damage as straight swords
>>
>>334261642
UGS staggers Darkwraiths first hit
It's what amde me swap
>>
>>334261642

How could've this gone through multiple iterations of playtesting without any change?
The game didn't have a much longer dev cycle than Bloodborne, and they managed to make every weapon feel good/useful there.
>>
>>334261642
i've been using artios' greatsword and it feels really underwhelming compared to that stupid katana you always get, makes me sad as I liked to walk around with the most obscenely sized greatswords I could find in previous souls games
>>
how do i reach the cathedral
>>
>>334261570
try again motherfucker, long swords are where its at. much wider sweeping movesets, fantastic poise damage, and you can throw out twice as many swings from a full stamina bar. Uchigatana's moveset is slow as fuck and incredibly vertical, any more than one enemy and you're going to have a real shitty time.

Irythyll straight sword in particular is plain overpowered. Just finished the entirety of the Boreal valley through to the pontiff without dying, haven't found a single enemy it can't poise break before the third hit.
>>
>their set doesn't have the baller cloak.
>dancers cloak doesn't have the same floaty look

SHIT
GAME
>>
>>334261816
past the crystal sage
>>
>>334261639
no, most people don't realize they fight eachother.

Also the second phase has one incredibly easy opening (the one where he does two swings and then a spinning jump) where if you roll towards him on the jump attack you get ~4 free hits. Also he staggers like a bitch
>>
File: 1402233840416.png (278 KB, 500x700) Image search: [Google]
1402233840416.png
278 KB, 500x700
>having a really hard time against the cursed pregnant tree
>no summons available at all, not a single one
>put mine down, instantly summoned
>still cant defeat it myself

I just wanted jolly cooperation, and a greatsword. But mostly coop.
>>
>>334262026
Use firebombs
>>
>>334262026
Just keep circling it and wait for the move that gives you an opening. In 2nd phase the hand takes more damage then his scrotum.
>>
>>334262026
run around hitting the ballsacks, try not to stop moving generally until he rises up and sits down. i facerolled through it and im not any good, just hit shit and run
>>
File: 1401857031973.png (735 KB, 716x639) Image search: [Google]
1401857031973.png
735 KB, 716x639
>>334262164
Alright, time to stock up on some firebombs

>>334262245
Its funny, when I was summoned, I had a much easier time fighting him in second stage, even though I died right before he died. Baiting him to stand up and fall forward basically gives you 6 free hits and you just got to go before he gets back up

>>334262348
Im trying to do hit in run on his balls, but he always comes back with this seemingly random back slap, or palm slam out of nowhere

Ill keep trying, however I am confused, just yesterday I was seeing summon signs fucking everywhere and today I haven't seen a single one. Im online, and I can be summoned but I just dont see anyone I can summon.

Im ready to get my fucking greatsword and tower shield for maximum Knighthood.
>>
>>334262624
>that pic

2deep.
>>
>>334262026
Pc or ps4?
If ps4 add croppyjamal and I'll help you
>>
File: pontiff2_tc.jpg (566 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
pontiff2_tc.jpg
566 KB, 1920x1080
Hello there fellow unkindled, I hope you weren't planning on going through this chapel.
>>
>>334262624
>Im online, and I can be summoned but I just dont see anyone I can summon
Are enkindled or embered or whatever they call it?
>>
>>334258441

>Tfw I want to use something other than my curved greatsword but I can't adapt to not doing damage to things and not staggering things

My character is fucking terrible. I'm at the first Boreal Valley bonfire and I have 20 luck, 15 intelligence, 18 dex, and 18 strength. I feel like every point I put into intelligence was a waste but I really wanted to use that crytal rapier. It does absolutely nothing when I hit enemies with it though.
>>
>>334263103
Had to get my pals for that fight but they died 30 seconds into the fight and ended up soloing the homolord alone.

Fuck.
>>
File: 1399944985980.jpg (202 KB, 1400x1695) Image search: [Google]
1399944985980.jpg
202 KB, 1400x1695
>>334263292
You know what, I am not. Fuck im retarded. I wasn't embered at all.

Thank you anon, for making me realize im a dumbass. Time to slap this trees shit.
>>
>>334263298

You can respec soon, don't sweat with experimentation.

I already had to respec after realising that having more than two attunement slots is useless on a utility build because you just dont have the mana to match.
>>
So, some anons are saying that you can edit your appearance later in game. This sounds like bullshit.
>>
>>334263590
It's not bullshit, same place you respec
>>
>>334263590

Keep hold of those pale tongues anon, you'll want to keep them.
>>
>>334258317
Dude, they have zero poise. Take them out one at a time. You should know this tactic by now

I swear /v/ is just full of shitters whining about nothing

The giant demon dogs on the other hand are complete bullshit
>>
Holy shit the rooftop area before church of the deep feels so cheesy. All the little faggots running around, then the 3 flaming archer pack, then 3 little dudes with the scythe cunt. i cheesed the 2 sword ladies by making them fall off, but then I got jumped by 3 firey dudes exploding on me holy fuck man
>>
The problem some people have is that they still go for the DS1 style when fighting new mobs which is shield up, fish for backstab. Enemies in this game are more aggressive and have more anti BS moves. The better way is just to take initiative and start hitting and poking.

Compared to DaS2 mobs just have lower poise in general. From must have liked this aspect from Bloodborne.
>>
>like how dragonslayer armour is fucked my shit up like something of it's status should
>also want to continue though.
>>
>tfw only strength fags have problems because they have no good ranged
there's a solution to every problem in this game:
it's like circle around to ass. then one is hit and run, one is spam ranged until they're half hp or less or dead, one is parry, one is run the fuck past them.
you just have to figure out which solution works on who.
>>
>>334264257
I prefer it, I really liked how bloodborne was a considerably more aggressive game than DS1 and 2 and that they kept that in for DS3.
Aggresive fites are far more fun than poke and hide behind a shield for a while before poking again
>>
Where do I go after Aldrich (who was an enormous pushover btw)?
Cathedral is a dead end, Anor Londo is a dead end, cant find any other paths to go.
>>
Did they just fucked up 2 handing?
It barely does more damage and poise.
>>
>>334258317
CIRCLESTRAFE AND SLAP THEM, DO IT FAST THEY HAVE NO POISE THEY ARE SHIT

>>334258470
>firecasters

NIGGA JUST GO UP AND SLAP THEIR SHIT THEY HAVE NO POISE AND THEIR ANIMIATIONS TAKE ABOUT A YEAR AND CAN BE CANCELLED WITH ANY ATTACK EVEN A FUCKING KICK

>>334259734
NIGGER THEY'RE EASY AS SHIT BACK OFF LET THEM DO THEIR FAGGY CHARGE THEN SLAP THEM WHILE THEY'RE DOWN

>>334259451
THEIR ATTACK WINDUPS ARE OBVIOUS AS SHIT AND THERE ARE ENEMIES EVERYWHERE TO GET YOUR LIFE BACK WITH THE EASY-TO-FIND RING THAT DOES THAT

>>334262026
IT'S EASY JUST CIRCLE ROUND AND KEEP AN EYE ON THE WHITE HAND, SLAP IT OR THE EGGSACKS ON ITS ELBOWS FOR EASY FUCKING WIN
THE GAME IS EZPZ HOW ARE YOU FAGGOTS STRUGGLING SO MUCH
>>
>>334264778
Anor Londo is in here? Great thanks
>>
>>334264257
It wouldn't be an issue if STR, slow weapon do a significant amount of poise damage to reliably stuns the enemies.
Right now a fast, combo weapon is far more suited because it can stun lock the enemies much more efficiently.
>>
>>334262026
During his second phase, run around clockwise till he use his body slam attack that basically let his hand open for full stamina combo.
>>
>>334264932
Don't be so hasty anon, any weapon weaker than sword break almost no poise at all. Claws and daggers require around 4 hits before they get staggered which is absolute killer in this game.
>>
>>334261178
Weapon arts won't do whatever their special effects are (buffs, shield piercing, iframes, katana parry, that kind of thing) but will still go through the motions and move you or do damage if the weapon swing of the art counts as an attack.
For example, the bloodborne dodge will still move you out of the way, but it won't have any iframes, basically being a faster more controlled backhop (backhop doesn't have iframes in DS3 for some reason).
>>
>>334258317
but you do have infinite stamina. I think I can do about 20 rolls in a row with full stamina. Its fucking absurd. They should just make a ring that gives you bloodborne dashes
>>
>>334264778
Go down to the water, near where the centipede things were, and there's a route down into the dungeons.
>>
>>334265921
>(backhop doesn't have iframes in DS3 for some reason).
so thats why i've been getting hit every single time I backstep
goddamn, guess I won't be using it in pvp this time around
Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.