[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>decide to do some invading to try out my new red eye orb
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86
File: d.jpg (225 KB, 1200x650) Image search: [Google]
d.jpg
225 KB, 1200x650
>decide to do some invading to try out my new red eye orb
>goes pretty well
>invade host with phantom
>pretty standard by the point, I expect to be ganked
>2 fucking blue phantoms come to the aid of the host in seconds
>4v1

I get it, I'm the invader, I'm at a disadvantage and should expect a tough fight. But 4v1? Come the fuck on. I had to resort to using the rolling bone yo-yo in the catacombs to try to separate them host fell off the fucking ledge anyway

What the hell happened to invading in this game? I'm already at a disadvantage with the fact that I can only invade up to my level and up to the amount I've reinforced my weapon, so the host undoubtedly is better equipped, I also have 30% less health and hosts with phantoms are prioritised... BUT red phantoms can also damage each other? What the fuck? Several times I've invaded faggots just waiting with 3 white phantoms to gank invaders and if there's a second red phantom and it turns into a cluster fuck, our hits damage us too.
>>
Also, just to throw it out there, I'm aware red phantoms could attack eachother in previous games, but it was a non-issue since the only way to get more than 1 was through red soap stones. With the addition of so many potential players in one game, you'd expect some sort of forethought to this.
>>
Invade at different parts.

In the swamps the host can only summon 1 person.

So its' 2v1 at most unless you bone. If you find one who hasn't done the NPC invader and the two mid bosses at the stairs then you'll be at 2v4 in your favor.

Also try and lure them into fights in the swamp water. The giant crabs will fuck em up.

Also get the red soapstone, you can get 1v1s much easier.
>>
>>334256059
>Expecting to be allowed to gank people in Casual Souls 3
>>
>>334257409
The amount of ganking the host can do is insane though
>>
>why am I at a disadvantage waaaaah

1) if host dies he loses a precious ember as well as all the progress he made. If you die you lose literally nothing.

2) you can literally invade infinite times so there's bound to be a drawback

Also I think two reds can invade making it a 6 player shit show
>>
>Invade a lone player
>Guide him around the level with my trusty torch, show him the hidden chests and shortcuts.
>Black crystal out once they're at the boss
>90% of the time they get killed by mobs anyway

Jolly co-operation with a twist!
>>
>>334257592
Congratulations on managing to not even read the post. I expect to be at a disadvantage, but the sheer amount of advantages the host has is beyond anything they'd ever had in any souls game to date. Even in 1v1 the invader is at a disadvantage if not using mobs, but 4v1? Yeah, go fuck yourself.
>>
>>334257592
>a precious ember

You mean something you get for free through cooping bosses and the game practically throws at you in item form?

>all the progress he made

You mean a 5 minute stroll through an area he's already been through?

>2) you can literally invade infinite times so there's bound to be a drawback

Kinda like how the host can summon players infinitely no matter how many phantoms die, with no drawback?
>>
>>334257798
The bottom line is host needs to use ember to summon

You have an infinite useable to invade
>>
File: 1422892703856.jpg (110 KB, 2000x1028) Image search: [Google]
1422892703856.jpg
110 KB, 2000x1028
Man, how BAD do you have to be to complain as a fucking invader?
You've all the fucking advantages.

>Know the level layout
>Can build around maximum PVP fuckery as you know you don't have to fight mobs
>If host summons extra phantoms you can get an invader buddy, double that in forest/anor londo areas.

Shitty invaders just run towards the host and go UGUUU DESU NEE 1v1 ME FAGGOT COME ONNNN and then get fucking bodied like the shitters they are.
>>
>>334257886
>The bottom line is host needs to use ember to summon

Why does this matter? The host has to use an easy to obtain resource, so the odds should be heavily stacked in his favor every time?
>>
File: 1405268093231.png (747 KB, 730x791) Image search: [Google]
1405268093231.png
747 KB, 730x791
Summoning friendly phantoms should cost the host, or take a certain % of his max health while they're in the world.

Mad phantoms on the other hand shouldn't cost anything, but with the risk that they'll stab your shit.
>>
>>334257886
White soap stones are infinite too. That's infinite kindling.
>>
File: 1446246901517.jpg (30 KB, 720x438) Image search: [Google]
1446246901517.jpg
30 KB, 720x438
>2v1 fight
>want to use mobs for my advantage since
>host and phantom are literally afk waiting for me near the bonfire

>host and phantom are not near the bonfire this time
>manage to kill the phantom
>hostsstarts sprinting across the whole map to summon another one
>>
File: 09c[1].jpg (4 KB, 165x115) Image search: [Google]
09c[1].jpg
4 KB, 165x115
Sure is WoWbalance from FROM
I mean DeS was about Reds kicking asses to the point people disconected their netcables, DeS 2 was just bad with that Soulmemory thing. And now Reds are at huge disadvanatge to the point noone invades anymore.
WoWbalance
>>
>>334257934
>Lose an ember
>Place my sign
>Fight a tough fight
>Get an ember
>Amount of time lost: depends on where the sign is and how successful the bossfight is, probably 5-10 minutes.

Now, for invaders
>Invade
>Die
>Invade
>Amount of time lost: 0 fucking seconds.

Sure it's fucking easy around early game because bosses are a cakewalk, but later on you'll get some tough fights where victory isn't guaranteed so the amount of time to gain an ember increases, capiche?
>>
File: 1413135612648.jpg (32 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
1413135612648.jpg
32 KB, 450x450
>instant eye invasions
>get summoned directly when using sign

>try blueberry covenant in same area
>literally nothing
>>
>>334257798
I only played for a half hour last night but I think you answered a question I had.
Do you get an ember for helping people with bosses? And embers are the way to get humanity, right?
>>
>>334257969
You know you can just black crystal the fuck out, right?

Jesus christ, you people are pathetic.
>>
>>334257925
>Know the level layout
Host phantoms don't?
But extra phantoms only come if the host uses a dried finger. If they're in the way of the blue, blue sentinels just endlessly pour in, causing a 4v1 if the host already has a white, as described in OP.
You've all the fucking advantages
If that's what you consider "all" the advantages, then you don't know how PvP works in this game.
>>
>>334257947
Dark souls 1 system was fine. The phantoms estus is tied to the host. That way an endless stream of phantoms can't jump in with replenished estus. Host still has the huge advantage of gank squad, but at least it's toned down a little.
>>
>>334258042
No fight is a "tough fight" when you have anywhere from 1 to 3 other people wailing on whatever's unlucky enough to get in your way.

>victory isn't guaranteed so the amount of time to gain an ember increases

oh kinda like how when you invade and there's no guarantee the guy isn't going to have 3 body guards who skull fuck you
>>
>>334257947
That's a good idea.
>>
>>334257592

>If you die you lose literally nothing.

you do lose something though
all your souls have been put where you died as an invader, like if you actually died now
>>
>>334258029
It's because of all the whiny babies that play but down like being invaded. It's a core part of the fucking game, but now From is catering to them so they never have to lose and can spam all the emotes they want with their epic winz xD
>>
Man, I bet you people are invading as sunbros as well.

You know that invading as a sunbro puts you on priority against hosts WITH phantoms, right?

Fucking retards.
>>
>>334258042
>kill mob
>mob drops ember
WOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
>>334258091
>black crystal out to reward the pansy that races across the entire continent just to hide behind another meatshield

why
>>
Are invaders aware that phantoms have hp reduction too and can only use half of their estus supply?
>>
>>334258313
Are you aware that being outnumbered means you're outnumbered?
>>
>>334258313
Why does this even matter if the host has many phantoms and can just re-summon them if they die?
>>
I understand the host not wanting to 1v1 an invader but why does a phantom just stand around the bonfire with host forever like a faggot instead of having some fair 1v1 with the invader? Host pussy can insta summon another one

It's like faggots are only there to 2v1 in this game
>>
>>334258342
>>334258359
not that guy but

just dont ever fight them near the bonfire

use the ring you get from the covenent, and hide some where then engage when they fight many enemies
>>
>>334258548
Do you realize how inconvenient, tedious, and even boring your strategy is, and all it does is encourage people who coop to be even more handholdy
>>
>>334258629
I dont know I am for the suffering of the host

and the more carefully they have to slug through for some dickweed to come and whap them a few before running off

the more chances I get for a kill and the more chances I cause more suffering, ESPECIALLY if they take long

there is no point to do it for the souls or the revive you do it for the hunt for the greatest game is fellow man
>>
>>334258076
>See blue summons on the ground
Yea nah, I am not fucking with that. I'll summon anything over you.
>>
>>334258271
Invading as a sunbro is supposed to put you in a match with invaders to assist them.

>jolly cooperation.
>>
Does poise make the slightest bit of fucking difference in this game? Literally everything stunlocks me.
>>
>>334256059
I really hope this means people won't be fucking pissed if I use mobs to my advantage.
They went and called me a coward for it in previous game because I didn't set in their arbitrary set of rules.
>>
Is it like Dark Souls 1 where you can't invade someone if they already killed the boss?

Can't get anyone anywhere except a few at Nameless and literally one at the Archive.
>>
>>334259323
>where you can't invade someone if they already killed the boss?
Yes
>>
>>334259323
Also, if you have a +7 weapon, you can only invade players with +7 weapons or better. As well as above your soul level.
>>
>>334258091
>Invade game with intent to slay the host
>Kill his pal, host runs away
>Give up

Who's pathetic here?
>>
>tfw just invade someone with a phantom and a blue comes in
>3v1
>beat them all
Felt fucking great. Fucking shitters
>>
>>334259363
>>334259405

Damn doesn't that there'll be alot of dry-spells in alot of areas soon. Every area is pretty much mandatory except Dragonland, Smoldering Lake, Untended Graves and the Kiln.
>>
>>334256059
Isn't it better if you get blue phantoms?
I mean they drop the pale blue tongues which are worth twice what the host gives.
Just focus on taking them out one at a time.
>>
File: high tension.gif (2 MB, 237x300) Image search: [Google]
high tension.gif
2 MB, 237x300
>>334256059
I've had 3 invaders so far and won them all. Why do invaders suck this much? I've had more trouble with the npc invaders.
>>
>>334259824
No shit anon NPCs don't get nervous and make mistakes when suddenly met with a gank squad.
>>
>invade in catacombs
>host and sunbro already over bridge
>blue invades
>fuck his shit up 1v1
>he runs out of estus
>runs back to host and sunbro and black crystals out
Fucking pathetic. Jesus christ.
>>
>>334259880
I know these faggots want honorabru duer so I won't summon for invaders.

What's fucked up is that these fags still stuff their faces with estus when they want to do a fucking honorabru duer.

What a punch of shitters.
>>
>>334259824
Npc invaders are crazy fuck from Bloodborne.
Fuck that Londor Pale Shade.
>>
>>334260005
What exactly is wrong with using estus?
The host has them, I have them, why not use them?
>>
Should i raise my streght 2 more to equip dragon crest shield or just stick to my kite shield. Im a dex/luck thief build
>>
>>334259824
I've had about 40 invasions so far and won about 80% of them, even with 2/3/4v1
Majority of early players are poor and can't PvP for shit. I'm not even trying either, I'm in full dark armour with dark souls cosplay invading.
>>
File: 1460411111621.jpg (249 KB, 600x432) Image search: [Google]
1460411111621.jpg
249 KB, 600x432
Did anyone get summoned for the watchdogs covenant?
I played for 2 hours with the damn thing on and I never got summoned once.
Even though I could invade farron keep just fine with the red orb.
>>
>>334260362
No, never.
>>
>>334260159
I'm just saying when these dudes do the duel bow and proceed to run away when I'm winning and drinking estus to get their health back is something I've got shit for doing in the past souls games.
I guess the game hasn't gotten to the point yet where invaders only want honorabru duer 24/7.
>>
>>334257646
I'm gonna do this tonight. That honestly sounds fun as heck.
>>
>>334260362
Nigh constantly.
>>
>>334260362
Same here. I was also Blue Sentinels for a while and didn't get summoned once
>>
I was at the swamps yesterday and a dude invaded me and than healed. I thought the etiquette was not healing. It just makes battles drag on forever
>>
Meanwhile everytime I try to invade:

>The host has entered a critical battle

I miss hiw Dark Souls made people go to a bonfire to unhollow instead of being able to pop an Ember at a boss fog.
>>
>>334260497
>I'm gonna do this tonight.
Enjoy waiting hours until you manage to connect to a single player.
>>
The thing I find amazing is just how many people rely on so many summons on their playthrough
>>
File: 1346648488480.gif (762 KB, 300x170) Image search: [Google]
1346648488480.gif
762 KB, 300x170
>>334260593
>etiquette

I'd rather have battles to last longer, they are over way fucking fast.
>>
>>334260593
>etiquette
Man, i'm there to stab you and take your shit.
>>
>>334260627
Not to mention most hosts would attack you on sight.
>>
>>334256059
For real, invading is fucked. They keep trying to fix it so players won't be afraid to summon and coop through levels.

>DS1: being human form makes you invadable so fewer people went human and there was less jolly coop
>DS2: let's remove the full red eye orb and make cracked ones really hard to get! Now nobody invades.
>DS3: let's put the orb back in, but make it go after cooping hosts above all. Now every invasion is a crushing gank, hosts just summon to gank you, and nobody invades.

They keep fucking it up, in principle I like this change but it's too abusable. I hear there's another PvP covenant that might be better though, except enemies in the world can attack you too?
>>
>>334260918
>and nobody invades.
>can't make a step in the ember form even without phantom without being invaded
Something wrong with your logic
>>
>try and play a sorceror build
>realize almost 10 hours in that it's not even remotely viable, and that even with 30 intelligence and attunement I'm still relying on a raw knife

What are the odds that From will balance the game properly?
>>
>>334261016
What are you on about, I play as host of embers all the time and I never got invaded once.
>inb4 your connection
My connection is fine, when I place my sign or use the red orb I connect in seconds.
>>
>>334261073
>sorcery
>not viable
You fucking literally kill dancer like mobs in 2 hits and they are nightmare for everyone except people with tank like build
>>
>>334260918
enemies can hit red phantoms, they just don't aggro to them.

joining the almond joys turns your sign pink and makes you basically a neutral phantom. killing the host or scoring a killing blow on another invader gets you your reward.
>>
>invade
>2v1
>kill phantom
>host runs back to bonfire and rolls around like a mad bastard trying to re-summon
>summons same phantom
>kill phantom again
>host runs back to bonfire to repeat

Lame. Host should have a summon limit if they've been invaded. I don't want to just fight which phantoms over and over with replenished estus while the host just rolls around and runs away.
>>
>>334261107
>I play as host of embers all the time and I never got invaded once
Stories that never happened
You can't make a step in the catacombs, valley and anor londo without being invaded on the relevant level
>>
>>334261154

Good luck killing a boss, ANY boss, with spell casts

Sorcery is only viable if your idea of "viable" is summoning for every boss and spamming while the phantom draws aggro
>>
>>334261267
It's easy to not be invaded if you're solo. Hosts with phantoms take priority and there's fucking tons of them right now.
>>
File: 1458443609431.jpg (167 KB, 690x460) Image search: [Google]
1458443609431.jpg
167 KB, 690x460
>>334260593
>buying into the PvP etiquette meme
>imposing personal rules on other people
>getting mad when they don't follow them
Go back to /r/darksouls where you belong.
>>
>>334261317
>11str for the 100% shield
>magic weapon that do insane damage
Literally git gud
>>334261357
Again, I run my mage twink right now, it's impossible to be in the ember form and not get invaded, even without phantoms
>>
>>334257947
Lol I summoned a mad phantom the other day and it got speared by the troll on the tower. Didn't even know why he appeared there and not at the soapsign I summoned him from
>>
>>334260362
>>334260382
>>334260532
I've never been summoned for a random invasion/coop from any of these covenants. Connection issues on PC maybe? I've also never been invaded, but that's probably because I don't coop through levela like a child
>>
>>334257925

My only real complaint is that hosts can ember wherever they want and not just at a bonfire. So they generally solorush to the boss fog and summon there. By the time I load in, they just enter the boss fog.
>>
>>334261427
>Again, I run my mage twink right now, it's impossible to be in the ember form and not get invaded, even without phantoms
Well I've been ember the whole game and only been invaded twice.
>>
>>334261450

They spawn at random locations because their goal IS to kill you.
>>
>>334261450
purple ones appear like blue and red, somewhere in the zone
So he still needs to run to you past mobs
>>334261506
Yeah, des and das2 system
Should be like das where you need to use bonfire to become human
>>
>>334260362
Never. I've played for 20+ hours and a solid chunk of that was as a Blue Sentinel and another was as a Watchdog.

I think those covenants might have issues.
>>
>>334258290
>reward
Leaving them alone isn't a reward unless you're a try hard too afraid to lose. Do you angrily message people after the game when you die too? Pathetic
>>
>>334261427

>sword and board
>sorcerer
>>
>>334258758
>greatest game is fellow man
Shit dude, edgy.
Haven't you seen rambo? That's how you make rambo
>>
>>334261543
Guess I caught a break with this one heh
>>
Wow, I never even invaded people when playing DaS/DaS2 and this still sounds stupid. The most challenging part of the game was trying to repel invaders. I thought the whole "can only invade people with white phantoms" was just a meme.

So if I never summon a coop, I'll most likely not get invaded? Well these goes my masocistic fun.
>>
>>334261794
>I thought the whole "can only invade people with white phantoms" was just a meme.
It is meme
>>
>no arena
Mistake much. Im fine with stacking the odds against invaders during normal play, but there should be an arena to fight in if you just want to PvP others in a fair environment
>>
>>334261774

You did. They're mainly there to trick new players that haven't read anything about the game. The only way they get rewarded is by killing the host, and they get sent home when you reach the boss.

It's a poorly made covenant.
>>
>>334261794
>never even invaded
>my masochistic fun
Git gud
>at being a masochist
>>
>>334261853

Well, no one ever used the one they made in Dark Souls, and they instead all picked some random rooftop to use instead.
>>
>>334260362
I've been playing as Watchdog since I unlocked it, no summons whatsoever. I still get invaded and I can summon other phantoms, so my connection is working
>>
>>334261794
It prioritizes people with phantoms, but you can still invade people solo.
>>
>>334261854
>The only way they get rewarded is by killing the host
Or another phantom
>>
>>334260362
>about to get summoned for the first time after X hours
>connection failed

t-thanks
>>
File: honour.webm (3 MB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
honour.webm
3 MB, 852x480
Just play like a disgusting fucking piece of shit when you invade. The enemies are on your side, take full advantage of it. People will gangbang your ass in a second, and you're there for the kill anyway.

There have even been times that the Host of Embers has emoted at me like a bow or a wave, so I just roll my eyes and think 'eh fuck it' and emote back with the whole faggy duel thing, when all of a sudden out of nowhere a white/gold phantom jumps your ass and they both lay into you. Funny as fuck, don't get me wrong, but I don't play by any code of conduct now.
>>
I think the issue with stacking it against the invader is because the cost of invading is so cheap and the cost of losing against an invader can be pretty high. It can be a real bitch to have to redo an area because the invader killed you.

They should change the rules on what happens when you lose against an invader rather than trying to 'fix' it by stacking it against them. Maybe make it so you die and respawn on that spot, but all remaining enemies increase in difficulty until you rest again. Or maybe it sends you back to the last bonfire you rested at, but enemies dont respawn. Surely anything would be better than the pure RNG of invasions we have now.
>>
>>334262007
This. Also if you're outnumbered you can just sit next to a strong enemy and wait until another hostile phantom joins. It usually only needs a minute max and two people are more than enough to fuck up ganks because they're usually retards.
>>
File: 1407900680653.jpg (59 KB, 500x493) Image search: [Google]
1407900680653.jpg
59 KB, 500x493
>just got the smouldering lake
>oh neat there are a lot of items here
>OH FUCK
>let's just go the other way
>OH FUCK
>>
See >>334259273
Git gud faggots, invaders if they aren't braindead retarded have so much advantage that it's not even remotely funny
>>
>>334262293
is there something more in the smouldering lake after you've killed the old demon king?
>>
>>334262157

The price of having the odds stacked against you is not being in DaS2, with it's disgusting garbage attempt at balance by forcing people to grind for online play.

Take that Red Eye Orb and be grateful it does what it says on the tin.
>>
>>334262407
>point
>head
>>
File: bravo host.webm (571 KB, 852x480) Image search: [Google]
bravo host.webm
571 KB, 852x480
To add onto what I wrote on >>334262007 don't forget that you can ALWAYS black crystal out. If shit's looking sketchy, like there's 2+ phantoms around and I can't find any enemies to back me up, I'm definitely not above just running my ass off for some space and quick BCing out.

>>334262157
The reason that being invaded and dying has such a heavy cost is because you can completely avoid it by just not going into Ember Form. It's the tradeoff for being able to summon people.
>>
>>334262391

No, it's just an optional area which is why it's so shit

That said I don't know if you get anything for defeating the electric worm, if it is killable then it's obviously far easier once you turn Mega-Avelyn off.
>>
>>334260593
I wish the faggots that invade wouldn't want to duel bow before coming at me.

Just fucking ambush me and don't be a fucking faggot about honorable duels.
>>
>>334262509
You get ashes to burn

>>334262391
A shitton of pyromancy spells, estus shard and two bones to burn
>>
>>334262543

I just shout at people.

That'll scare em.
>>
>>334262509
it is actually harder because the ballista will kill it while you can just stand behind it in a small pit in the ground. It drops a miracle if I remember correctly
>>334262585
You mean the izalith tome? I got that.
>>
What are the top 5 weapons everyone use?
Meat cleaver, darksword, uchi, great scythe, memegreatsword?
>>
>invade
>host LITERALLY does nothing but run away and roll around frantically trying to summon players
Just play offline you fucking shitters
>>
>>334262619
>You mean the izalith tome? I got that.
There is also a Witches ring which drastically increases pyromancy damage and also Quelana Pyromancy Tome
>>
File: Retard.webm (890 KB, 960x540) Image search: [Google]
Retard.webm
890 KB, 960x540
I recommend anyone who's solo playing and gets invaded in Boreal Valley to just sit here if you're able to run here without getting spotted. I've sat here for about 5 invasions now and 4 of them have completely run past me and not been able to see me. It's fucking hilarious. Reminds me of trolling people in DS1 by pretending to be an NPC in Darkroot Garden or a Silver Knight in Anor Londo. This guy in the WebM probably spent 10 minutes in my world before I got sick of him and gave myself up. He 2 hit me with a longsword. Glad Cheat Engine scripts already exist.
>>
>Playing completely solo on one of my files
>Can almost feel the eagerness and glee when a Red Phantom or any hostile phantom invades me and sees me alone
>They almost always rush me, some actually bow

Man, I almost feel sorry for invaders. I know that they keep running into gank squads and seeing me by myself must be like "omg finally I won't get fucking ganked" That said, I just ran into a gank squad myself.

>Get invaded by an Aldritch fag, a grapeboy, and a Red in a short window
>They all team up on me

This must be how invaders feel all the time. Except I still beat all three thanks to Grapeboy casting some spell that fucked up the Red
>>
>get invaded
>red shitter literally does nothing but roll around and hide behind dancers
>>
>>334262658

Just been using Uchi, but the Catacombs are pretty ez with those Blessed Twin Maces. That's a good fucking weapon right there.

I like having the Crystal Rapier in the offhand so I can switch to it before I kill an enemy.
>>
>>334262769
That's hilarious.
Reminds me of early DaS1 days when you could fool people with chameleon easily.
>>
>>334262658
katanas, ice sword, some curved greatswords.

I use the farron gs myself but I haven't seen anyone else with it yet
>>
File: 1458231757664.jpg (1 MB, 1920x2013) Image search: [Google]
1458231757664.jpg
1 MB, 1920x2013
Does anyone know what the fuck is up with the "Storm Ruler" swords? 0 requirements? Seems like you could make some interesting builds with it.
>>
>get invaded
>whoops, ethernet cable fell out
>put it back in 1 minute later
>>
>>334262658
Halberd, Halberd, Halberd, Halberd, Longbow
>>
>Moundmaker invading at highwall
>Luring host + 2 phantoms to the elevator shortcut
>always manage to get at least one asshole to fall down the pit

I've had at least a third of my host kills via this method. I wish there was a limit on how many times a host can summon more phantoms though. Killing two only to have the host run back to the bonfire and spawn 2 more is kinda bullshit.
>>
>>334262007
I agree.
It's time to put the whole "fair duel" act to rest, From clearly wants invaders to use the environments to their advantage.
>>
>90% of times I get summoned to help host, invader wear katana
Why red phantoms such a meme shitters?
>>
>invading in central irithyll
>find host and a sunbro
>host tries to hide behind him and spam sorceries
>take out his phantom with a zwei upswing and r1
>try to chase down the host but he runs into a corner and pulls the plug
>"connection error"
>third fucking time I've had a shitter alt + f4'd the second they are at risk
>>
>>334257592
>a precious ember
SCRUB DETECTED
WARNING
WARNING
>>
>>334262839
I think you could fool people with Chameleon even easier now since all I was doing here was sitting. Funny enough in this guys case I even summoned and killed two phantoms while he was running around trying to find me.
>>
>get invaded in catacombs
>faggot hides behind big mobs and trying to snipe me(well or just annoy me)
>use seed
>guy literally runs away and black crystal out
>>
How far in do I get the unlimited red eye orb? I joined purple and sun bros and just downed the optional tree boss in Undead Settlement.
>>
>>334262947
>Uchi fag wants to kill me with run attack spam
>hit him all the time with Lucatiel GS weapon art R2

Only retards use Katanas my man.
>>
>>334262658
Spear, rapier, ice long sword, longbow, and red tip halberd
>>
How far into the game do you have to go to become the blue police?
>>
>>334263096
Right now. Go back and talk to Leonard in the firelink shrine, he'll give you a key to the orb.
It's near the second great wall bonfire.
>>
>>334262958
Happened to me a few times, they're fine ganking me and spamming R1 with 2 phantoms, but once they're alone, they run and pull the fucking plug.
>>
>>334262947

It's a hard-earned drop for lots of people.

The main reason to use it is because it is, in fact, one of the best movesets for coping with most of the enemies in the game. It has a good mix of speed, power and reach and it bleeds out the tougher enemies. It can poke, slash, strike down, and despite being a dex weapon you still get access to your essential kick.

The issue is that whilst other weapons are fun, they just aren't as effective unless they are the Partizan/Halberds/Reapers which have the huge crowd control it otherwise lacks.
>>
>>334263096
Talk to the edgelord in the firelink shrine up against the main throne. He'll give you a key to a lift under the 2nd bonfire in high wall. Down there is the orb.
>>
Seriously though, where can I get more arrows? I found 12 with a longbow and haven't seen anymore since
>>
>>334262658
I've seen a fuckton of the Fume Greatsword
>>
>>334263096

You need to kill another player or find a Pale Tongue yourself. There is one behind the belltower in that area if you jump onto the ledge when riding up the elevator.
>>
>all these bitchbois running around in full knight set with the uchi

Every single fucking time I invade there is at least one of these fucks.

>>334263215
Shrine Maiden sells them.
>>
>>334263096
After you kill tree, speak with not Yurt in the temple he will give you quest
>>334263173
>>334263151
I use saint spear as a blue and red phantom
Stunlocking guy and letting host/mobs finishing him works 90% of time
>>
>>334262958
>Invade as Grape, run into Host with 1 phantom and he immediately summons another
>By myself I fight all 3 off, but scraping by hard, run away and heal because this fucking 3v1 is going south
>A Red invades, with him we team up and kill one of the phantoms
>AS SOON AS THAT FUCKER DIES A BLUE IS SUMMONED
>We manage to kill both the blue and the phantom
>As soon as we do, an Aldritch invades
>Go to 3v1 the host
>He pulls the plug

Doesn't feel so good, does it faggots?
>>
File: 20160414142431_1.jpg (339 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414142431_1.jpg
339 KB, 1920x1080
Guys why does this fog door randomly appear and disappear in firelink?
>>
>>334263318
No loading screen so it's so the area can load
>>
>>334258089
You get an ember as an item and restore your ember effect.
>>
>>334263318
I got told it was because the area was loading, but dunno. I've seen it randomly pop up even after i've been there for a while.
>>
>>334263318
Loading location
>>
>>334263254
Huh. I haven't seen them in her inventory...
>>
>go up tower
>befriend the giant
>later on
>go in the swamp
>See massive crab surrounded by goodies
>giant kills the crab for me by hitting it with spears from atop the tower

It's the little things in this series
>>
File: 1456794850161.png (46 KB, 1200x1000) Image search: [Google]
1456794850161.png
46 KB, 1200x1000
>>334262947
But I use black blade, I'm not one of those uchi loser!
>>
DARKMOON BLADE ISN'T A REAL COVENANT FUCK YOU FROM WHY THE FUCK DO I NEVER GET SUMMONED AS A DARK MOON REE REE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE I WANT MY DARKMON BLADE FUCKING JAPS REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>334263440
>go up tower
>befriend giant
>proceed to murder the living shit out of it
>free ring
Worth it
>>
There are only 3 types of invaders:

The assholes who queue for pvp but suck at pvp so they hide behind powerful mobs
The fedora-tippers who treats random invasions like duels and get pissed when hosts drink
And the pvp masters/twinks, who are basically invulnerable as they fast roll all over the place and parry every attack that comes their way
>>
>>334263519
What's the ring?
>>
>>334263173
everything you said applies to the Irythyll SS except it has a better moveset and much less stamina usage. Uchi has shit crowd control compared to SS
>>
File: 1420911279003.jpg (51 KB, 403x498) Image search: [Google]
1420911279003.jpg
51 KB, 403x498
>>334263519
>killing giant bro
Which ring does he drop?
>>
>>334263519
What does the ring do?
>>
>invade
>the host just glides around animation-less but still get to attack me
Why does this happen so damn often? Fix this fucking bug From
>>
>>334263552
>>334263586
>>334263583
Increase bow range

Pretty useful, lets you out range everything in the game. And bows are actually OP now.
>>
So what's the best starting gift?
Fire Gem seems like the most useful one to me so far.
>>
File: 1335466371454.jpg (29 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
1335466371454.jpg
29 KB, 800x600
>yfw during the final boss gwyn's theme starts playing
>>
>>334263625
I'm a melee only man, guess the giant gets to live.
>>
>>334263589
I've seen this a lot, but with them apparently being unable to attack. Their phantoms seem to be just fine though.
>>
File: 1460624043291.gif (963 KB, 197x208) Image search: [Google]
1460624043291.gif
963 KB, 197x208
How do you drop weapons? I want to give some gear to the solo players I occasionally invade.
>>
>>334263628

None of them are unique this time, so ultimately it doesn't matter.
I picked the ring.
>>
>>334257969
Every fucking time
>>
File: 1457429634964.jpg (10 KB, 293x295) Image search: [Google]
1457429634964.jpg
10 KB, 293x295
>>334262958
>>334263306
I alt f4 every time I get invaded while alone or my summons die on me.

Hell will have to freeze over before I let you retards jeopardize my progress through a level.
>>
File: 20160414143226_1.jpg (393 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414143226_1.jpg
393 KB, 1920x1080
Is it just me or does the Lucerne feel even slower now?

I hope I'm wrong because its always been my fave souls weapon.
>>
Is level 40ish too high for invading farrons keep?
>>
File: 1459732487111.png (415 KB, 469x728) Image search: [Google]
1459732487111.png
415 KB, 469x728
>>334263859
Alt f4 should corrupt your file.
>>
>Invade a 4v1
>Host and summons literally refuse to leave the bonfire, won't even try and attack me unless I run right up to them
>Black crystal out
I quit invading after that, it just isn't fun, and even when I do manage to win by sheer virtue of the host being retarded, I still have a bad taste in my mouth.
>>
>>334263859
Keep doing this please.

It will benefit the community as a whole

;)
>>
>>334263859
I still get your souls so good enough for me.

Also I hope you realize that lowers your matchmaking priority, read the items descriptions.
>>
>>334263875
It feels less useless than ds2 at least, was my early game weapon through the crystal sage until I fell in love with the exile Greatsword
>>
File: 20160414143805_1.jpg (460 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414143805_1.jpg
460 KB, 1920x1080
>>334264018
dat weapon art combo tho
>>
File: DaS3whitering.webm (2 MB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
DaS3whitering.webm
2 MB, 1024x576
People summoning whites for the first fucking area in the game deserve this.
>>
File: 1454508717536.jpg (35 KB, 613x695) Image search: [Google]
1454508717536.jpg
35 KB, 613x695
Smouldering Lake or the Ice city place first?
>>
>>334264130
smouldering
>>
>>334264130
Shit Lake has a ton of large shards for upgrading.
>>
>18 str, 18 dex, 15 int (I have not found a single useful spell), 20 luck

Is my character useless? I just got to the ice town. Originally I was levelling str and dex waiting to find a weapon I loved, then I just went for a quality build. Then I got that crystal rapier and started levelling int so I could use it, but it fucking sucks and now the points I put into int are wasted.

I legitimately have no idea why I put so many points into Luck.
>>
>>334257646
Someone did this to me yesterday, except he did it kinda maliciously near the rooftops with the Silver Knight archers. He took me down to where the deceased deacon and the dogs were and then waited on the ladder so I couldn't go up. I solo'd both dogs then iced his ass.
>>
File: 1452680279257.png (398 KB, 615x460) Image search: [Google]
1452680279257.png
398 KB, 615x460
>>334262007
Those curved swords look sexy. What are they?
>>
>>334264130
smouldering lake is easier and optional, but there isn't a lot of useful loot there unless you are a pyromancer.

Ice city is beautiful but quite hard (if you play without a shield) and it's a pvp hub right now
>>
>>334264153
Thanks. How I found it was pretty great. I had no idea that would happend as I fled like a little bitch
>>
Reading this thread has made me realize how pathetic some of you people are. You are invading someone else's game with the sole purpose of fucking their day up and grief them, and you whine about being gangbanged. This leads me to believe that you are a) being a badie rushing straight to the host looking for a duel, with bows and everything like the enormous faggot you are and b) not using the level design and waiting and using every cheap trick you can.

Truly, if you want duels and fightclubs and all that jazz, go to the bridge or to you know where and place a red sign, it's not so hard to use your brain.
>>
>>334264234
grave warden swords or something, they drop from the robed dudes wielding them near the cathedral of the deep
>>
>>334256059
Invading lets people who understand the game and are good at pvp forcibly challenge any other player, even if they're complete shit at fighting other players, haven't mastered all the mechanics, and don't know the area layout,
So any advantages the host gets and disadvantages the invader gets are entirely justified.
>>
Does Way of the blue do anything if you're offline and get invaded by NPCs?
>>
>>334263943
I'll say one thing about the invading in this game, when you win, it feels fucking earned and like you pure outskilled your many opponents. Unless the host falls of a cliff or something idiotic.
>>
>>334264271
basically this. if you invade, know that you are not invited, the host does not have PVP gear or items and in most cases they don't like being interrupted progressing through the game. so a little handicap and a higher skill requirement for you to win is just normal. also don't cry about hosts chugging estus. If that was bad behavior the game wouldn't let them do it now would it, or you can just not be stupid and bring some hunter charms.
>>
>>334264108
>get a bit burned out
>decide to help a few people through bosses
>see so many cutscenes, indicating it's their first attempt
Who summons for the first time against a new boss, really?
>>
>>334263169
>>334263252
I spoke with him once before fighting the tree and he gave me the five orbs. He seems to have disappeared once I invited the pilgrim npc to the nexus. I've been back after that boss fight and he's not by the throne. Maybe I need the item from killing a player for him to appear again?
>>
>>334264216
Spend 5 tongues and re-allocate.
>>
>>334264457
>PVP gear
What the FUCK does this mean? You cannot have a weapon upgraded higher than the host's, there' no such fucking thing as "Pvp" gear, everyone you fight is equal to you in gear, stop shitposting.
>>
>>334264386
I invaded few times in the catacombs and killed host with +phantoms and +2 phantoms and blue ones
Doesn't feel rewarding at all because all advantage I have
Helping people as a blue knight and raping cowards who can only hide behind mobs is far more rewarding, at least for me
>>
>>334264564

He comes back when you get a Pale Tongue. He's a busy man. He only shows up when he's ready to speak with you.
>>
>>334264108
Red sign? Where did you find that?
Your sign should still be red even with the white ring, probably.
>>
>>334264457
>so a little handicap and a higher skill requirement for you to win is just normal
Nobody's disputing that there should be a handicap and higher skill to kill your opponent, but it's not a little handicap at all, it's the biggest it's ever been in the series by a wide margin.
>>
>>334264589
Is this also true for password summons? I maybe want to summon a friend and wait until there are 2 reds and then go crazy.
>>
File: carlin.png (92 KB, 209x228) Image search: [Google]
carlin.png
92 KB, 209x228
>Mfw Champion Gundyr does a fucking juggle on me into a fucking kick
>>
>>334264589
It's just what shitters say to justify it.
I invade in areas sometimes before going on to the next, with the gear I use for regular enemies. Many people die to invaders and just think "well he probably has end level equipment" which basically means nothing since weapon level is tied to invasion cap and you can't upgrade armour. So there is no "pvp" gear, aside from maybe a few rings or something?
>>
File: SPOOKY.jpg (384 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
SPOOKY.jpg
384 KB, 1920x1080
How exactly does upgrading your weapon change who you invade into?
>>
>>334264626
>Doesn't feel rewarding at all because all advantage I have
Perhaps you shouldn't hide behind enemies then and use the environment to splinter the enemies/trigger traps or other clever uses of the map.
>>
>>334264589
>You cannot have a weapon upgraded higher than the host's
You can have +2 more than host
Why red shitters always lie to make them look less like a shitters?
>>
>All this hate for and against invading
It's just a game. Stop playing to win and enjoy it. You are there to be a threat to the Host and his cohorts, not to get a free kill and return to your world.
Invasions are part of the experience, and fags that just go for the kill are never interesting, cause it's either,
>Backstab
>Backstab
>Backstab
>ded
Or
>combo, roll
>Backstab
>Into a combo, and you're dead 1v1

I agree, the whole 2 Phantoms, 1 Host v. a single phantom is horse-shit, but you take what you're given in life. Try not playing to win.
>>
>>334264797
Or maybe I should attack without gear
Or maybe I should only use motions and wait until host kills himself
Sorry, but i came here to kill and laught at the poor fucker, why would I limit myself?
>>
File: 1297697608973.png (140 KB, 933x408) Image search: [Google]
1297697608973.png
140 KB, 933x408
How does strength work?

27 strength 2 handing still a thing?

Help me out friends I want to level up my stats
>>
>>334260593
I invaded in the swamps yesterday and had a 2v3. My invader bro and I killed a sunbro, then the host and his phantom ran for about two minutes, then we fought near a Bonfire and I crashed. Don't know if he knew people crash at bonfires or it was pure coincidence but that was fucking faggot ass shit right there. Fuck From
>>
>>334264736
>have +5 weapon
>can only invade people who have +5-10 weapon
You always have equal or less quality gear to your host.
You always have equal or less soul level to your host.
You always have 30% less HP to your host.
You always have half of your estus flasks compared to your host.

Welcome to invading 101.
Don't forget to tip the blue faggots and sunbros as you leave.
>>
>>334264457

It needs to be a bit more level, though. As it stands the invader is only going to cost people a few estus chugs or they have to resummon someone. The invader needs to be a real threat. I say let them be even, but if a player kills an invader, make it so they can't be invaded again right away.
>>
File: 1384056014684.gif (3 MB, 520x292) Image search: [Google]
1384056014684.gif
3 MB, 520x292
Shooting and killing an invader in the back with a crossbow as they run to hide behind mobs is the best feeling.
>>
>>334264917
>Sorry, but i came here to kill and laught at the poor fucker, why would I limit myself?
Because you said yourself it's not satisfying to just cower behind mobs? You make your own fun with invading.
>>
>>334264928
>can only invade people who have +5-10 weapon
This is not how it works
+5 means you can invade 3-7
This is why +3 is ideal, you can invade and summon almost everyone until late game, where +7(you can summon and invade everyone from +5-10) becomes new ideal
>>
>be mad spirit
>lead host to covenant
>backstab him while he is talking to him

Grapebros are best bros
>>
So I finally ran into Onion Knight and accidently attacked the flaming demon thing. This caused chubby knight to jump in and help me, did I fuck up a questline?
>>
>>334265046
I read in many places you can only invade below or up to your weapon level. Mind showing a source?
>>
>>334264954
You wouldn't be just after pontiff.. right??
>>
>>334264928
see
>>334264351

If you want the scales tipped in your favor, don't play the away game and instead get invaded yourself, retard.
>>
>>334265096
Nope, you did it correctly.

Honestly just look it up on wiki, the trigger for the next phase is fucked.
>>
>>334264954
>use ranged weapon
You utter scum. How do you sleep at night?
>>
Is it just me, or do all of the halberds have fuckibg awful stats?

I really want to use a halberd, but god damn.
>>
>>334265207
this
the questlines in this game are obscure as fuck, I missed that onionbro trigger too, and it fucks up patches' and greirat's questline too
>>
File: Screenshot-Original (22).png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot-Original (22).png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>334264636
when you join the sun covenant your signs appear gold-red, many scrubs fall to this trick.
>>
If I invade as a Grape, do I still get the "kill anyone" or do I have to kill the host?
>>
>>334265172
I'm not saying I want the scaled in my favour, I'm saying it's too far in favour of the host, by a lot. Retard.
>>
>>334265367
Kill anyone
>>
>>334261073
That's because it actually ONLY becomes viable after 60%-70% of the game or so.
By then you can have Magic Clutch, Young and Normal Dragoncrest rings to greatly boost magic damage even if you have low int which you SHOULD have because of the retarded reverse scaling unless you want to have shit hp until high levels and die in 1-2 hits to everything
Also Dusk Crown.
And ONLY by then are good spells like Soul Spear actually unlocked. Thanks FROM! It's not like almost the entire game is over by then!
Pyro gets a way easier time though, the items and spells are available way earlier and all fireballs can hit multiple enemies if they are close together, even the starter one.
>>
>>334265351
J-jolly co-operation...?
>>
>>334265367
You get the objective kill the host or x phantoms

most of the time 1 phantom killed is enough but sometimes you need to kill 2.
>>
i never even knew there was an npc there. spawning in this shitty position turned out great
>>
Is fucking anyone in Way of Blue?

I literally can not get summoned to protect any baby
>>
>>334265447
>Get the kill Host or 2 phantoms mission
>Host is alone

The fuck decides this? Unless that fucker got invaded and invasion spirits count. Never saw anyone else and the host was AFK as shit though.
>>
File: 1415542651626.gif (1 MB, 245x217) Image search: [Google]
1415542651626.gif
1 MB, 245x217
>>334265367
>>
>>334265516
Tons, I see blue faggots popping up all the time when I invade.
It seems auto-invading is bugged for many people. I can't invade as a farron wolf for shit, or blue sentinel.
>>
File: 20160414150128_1.jpg (515 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414150128_1.jpg
515 KB, 1920x1080
what do you guys think
named her Asenath Waite
have only played like 5 minutes but i like the game so far
didn't fall for hype so i think i'm good
>>
>>334265516
Both blue sentinels and darkmoon blades are dead as fuck.

Worst thing is, the reward you get can be farmed offline but it has absoultely horrible drop rate.
>>
>>334265516
Your level?
Your max zone?
on the 30-40 it's wave of instant summons in the catacombs and temple of the deep
>>
>>334263859
Godspeed anon.

Godspeed.
>>
>>334256059
meh. I got summoned as a watchdog against a host with a gold phantom, and then another red phantom shows up and starts attacking me. Killed them all, just gotta abuse the environment and huge crabs. You should get some kind of enemy aggro ability that calls NPCs to help you in the cluster fuck or something.
>>
i've been invaded twice so far at the Dilapitated Bridge.
the difference between this and DS1 invaders is that these guys invading me now are shitters.
one parry+riposte and they're scared shitless hiding behind the nearest NPC.
i don't got time for that, so i just go to graveyard with the spear chucker and use my superior terrain traverse skills that i picked up from WoW world pvp.
>>
>>334265636
SL47, got a +5 weapon. I'm sitting around at Catacombs right now, about to progress to Smouldering Lake.

What gives
>>
>>334265342
What do I do after I've killed the fire demon and onion man falls asleep?
>>
File: 1459549030338.png (530 KB, 703x561) Image search: [Google]
1459549030338.png
530 KB, 703x561
>>334265351
I wouldn't trust that sign, it's too red.
>red soapstone at the cathedral
You reached it low level to mess up with new players hm.
>>
>>334265718
You outgrowed it long time ago
Move into valley(or at least open it) or even annor londo(on the 50 it's best zone to farm ears)
>>
>>334265721
You'll find him again in a well just outside of a church later.

He will spawn in there after a certain character fucks you over in the cathedral.
>>
>>334265721
outside of cathedral of the deep's second bonfire (purification chapel or something) there is a well, speak to him there.
>>
>>334265807
>Outgrew it
How

I've just been progressing through the game normally
>>
>>334265516
I've been in the covenant for the whole goddamn game and it feels so good having backup when the red men come banging on my door.
>>
>>334265827
>went to cath of the deep before anything else
Did I fuck up?
If I go back will he show up?
>>
>>334265856
Most of people clear it on the 40 or even earlier
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 86

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.