[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>b-b-but retail WoW doesn't have a community like vanilla
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9
File: Poundfist2.jpg (4 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Poundfist2.jpg
4 MB, 1920x1080
>b-b-but retail WoW doesn't have a community like vanilla did

what did /v/ mean by this. this was taken today
>>
yeah wheres the large open world guild battles where people are fighting for literally no reason other than to trample other people? Almost all social aspects of the game are gone.
>>
>autist display team

>>334253926
>Almost all social aspects of the game are gone.
Only because such a huge part of the game is soloable. You can still do every social thing you could do. Join a decent guild and see.

>>334253926
EU AD still has world PvP battles between guilds, the last one I saw reaching from Stormwind's Old Town to Darkshire.
>>
>>334253815
I have plenty of screenshots on my other pc too.

Sure its not as crowded as it used to be... but this game is FAR from dead.

Also.. Wow general?
>>
>Guild members online: 2
>Friends online: 4

What were you trying to prove again?
>>
Guys Ive seen a couple of you post about having asstons of gold.

I have 4 level 100 tanks right now... sitting at about 10k gold.
Any tips on making bank?

>Running 5 man roics
>Doing time walking episodes
>LFR as well

Havent really done dailies or messed with the Garrison.

Thanks in advance my /v/eterans
>>
>>334256501
>Have 10 alts doing garrison and shipyard gold missions
>Make 100k in a week
>Want kill yourself after a month because of how tedious it is.
>>
>>334256697
>logging on 30 minutes a day is tedious
Fucking christ anon, I take breaks for days and weeks and never miss a token.

Literally pays for ERP itself.
>>
>>334256697
So log in to my alts and literally make gold from sending followers on missions?

What about questing or crafting? Unimportant?
I guess I can start doing follower missions while I try to clear this content.....
>>
>>334253815
but the thing is that its way less common now. Yes there are still social aspects to the game but its nowhere near what it once was.

>You can literally sit in a major city and dungeon grind your way to max level

The game no longer forces you to go out and be social which is a shame because thats how you made friends, thats how you learned, thats what it made feel like a real world. But if you want to be social now you have to go through all these different menus and search for them with a matchmaker.
>>
>>334256883
>logging on EVERY 30 minutes of a day is tedious
Why yes it is indeed.
>>
>>334256501
>farm green transmog items, there's always someone who wants a slutty, stretched texture for their Barbie
>recruit followers with increased reward traits, do garrison missions for increased gold
>professions are not completely useless, made 12k today from selling a few Burnished Essences on AH
>have mage? Make portals
>make about 3000g most days through mining + garrison mine, selling stacks of ore on AH
>Champion's Honor from garrison mission, make 20k+ on each one
>>
>>334256998
But you don't do that, at all.

You either aren't that anon or have never done garrisons.
>>
>>334256982

90% of my Vanilla experience was spent standing in Ironforge letting scrubs /inspect my awesome purples.

That's not really all that social...

You guys rememeber how controversial WoW was by letting you be able to solo all your way up to lv60? It used to have people saying how casual and anti-social it was.
>>
>>334257017
ok
>sell mats
>Farm greens for transmog
>Follower missions
>maybe use AH for professions
>Followers with reward traits

On that last one what do you mean?
How can i tell what follower would give me more rewards?
>>
>>334256982
>The game no longer forces you to go out and be social
It never forced you to be social, ever.

Many classes could solo easy all the way to 60. You then joined a PuG, so instead of hitting a prompt, you whispered 'inv pls', wow big difference.

Joining a guild for raid nights is no different then than it is now.
>>
>>334257081
Okay every 2 hours, that's the longest gold rewarding mission that isn't a weekly mission. So if you want to maximize your gold income you need to log in at least every 2 hours to manage your followers.
>>
>>334257017
>make about 3000g most days through mining + garrison mine, selling stacks of ore on AH

You haven't played WoD at all have you?
>>
>world of shitcraft scum think he's important
blizzdrones are just the green flies of gaming. eating shit all day, but annoying people whenever someone flush the toilets.
>>
>>334257131
ehh you always had those people sitting in capital cities doing nothing but i definitely talked more with groups that i was with. I don't even remember the last time i spoke with anyone since draenor started.
>>
File: 833.jpg (32 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
833.jpg
32 KB, 400x400
>>334253815
>13 FPS

How the fuck do people play like this?! The game is running on an engine that's like 15 years old, the system requirements are so shitty that my cellphone could run the game better than this guy does HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>334257426
With multiple epic mounts, maybe.

>log in while eating breakfast, send out shit
>log in 8 hours or longer later, repeat

And again, you can skip whole days and weeks and still be fine. It's really a non-issue with the right follower trait.
>>
>>334257147
Ah shit, should have explained. You'll need to build a garrison inn/tavern first

>>334257490
Meant to say "most weeks", farming garrison nodes every day and mining certain areas with alts to save travel times
>>
File: 1458353436073.jpg (3 MB, 3362x2238) Image search: [Google]
1458353436073.jpg
3 MB, 3362x2238
>>334257426
>that's the longest gold rewarding mission
>>
>>334257360
maybe forced wasnt the correct word, encouraged then. when you would go questing you would explore , there were group quests that youd actually need people for. you could solo to 60 but it was incredibly boring. and as for pug groups, it took time to usually get a full group going and in that time searching for a healer or tank, you got to know who was in your group and plan on how to take out mobs and bosses. in a lot of old content communication was key to completing a dungeon run, not like now where you can just steamroll everything without saying a word to anyone.

I will say, some aspects of being in a guild back in the day i dont miss, like filling out an application to join a guild, the DKP system, not having a guild bank. Looking for a guild IS easier now you just have to look through the tons of shitty ones
>>
>>334253815
>be on dead server
>switch to populated server and join poundfist camping group
>camp for 2 hrs
>give up
>go back to dead server
>still in zone, just exploring
>find poundfist
>kill it and don't tell populated group
>Laugh.
>>
>>334253815
>remember when you had to spam LOOKING FOR TANK in general chat? YEA we fixed that
what he actually said
>remember when WoW had a social aspect and made you try to recruit players on ur own and not just get automatched? YEA WE REMOVED THAT.
>>
>>334257426
But you don't actually get new gold missions every time one is completed.
>>
>>334253815
Poundfist was a great idea and they should put in more like that in the future.
>>
>>334253815
The only way retail servers manage this is if someone actively tells them to gather there like an e-celeb or whatever

On Nostalrius, there were always that many people FOR THE SAKE OF NEEDING TO BE THERE. Auctioning, getting trade skills or upgrading them, finding a guild to join, finding others to socialize with etc.

Retail is just a collection of various hubs and LEGION IS ADDING A WHOLE NEW FUCKING HUB JUST LIKE WARLORDS HAD, WITH YOU DOING THE SAME SHIT YOU DID IN WARLORDS.

Drag portraits to slots
Send followers on minions
Occasionally you get a "quest"
much interaction
such immershun
wow
>>
>>334253815
UI looks like such ass.
>>
>>334260234
That's actually one of the better looking pre-packaged UIs out there.
>>
>>334253815
Notice all the "(*)"? Cross realm.
Not only is it cross realm, but they're trying to do a boss. Not getting together for the sake of getting together.
How do you think that they met up? Friends? Trade chat? Looking For Group Custom option.

So yes, all your picture does is prove the opposite.

Everyone has that mount, especially people that care about PvE at all.
>>
>>334253815
Community means 90% of the server is chinks and you can't even read trade chat

t. Private gookiller of salty dogs
>>
>>334257546
you're laughing for the wrong reason

Blizazrd constantly updates the engine to make the game look somewhat decent (Even if it's shit)

The problem is that the game is now a clusterfuck of unpolished garbage and it runs like shit even tho the graphics are shit tier
>>
literally taken right now
>you think you want it but you don't
>>
>>334261998
And all it took is the merging of a dozen servers.
>>
>>334262180
this is on a private server :^)
>>
>>334262270
C&D incoming ;^)
>>
>>334260829
lmao stop talking utter garbage, the game runs perfectly fine, your computer is just toaster-tier.
>>
File: 62321.jpg (6 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
62321.jpg
6 KB, 480x360
>>334253815
>bunch of monkeys aping each other from different servers who don't know one another
>see? we have monkeys who can ape each other on live as well!

Yes. Helluva community you have there bruh. How many of those people do you know or have played with? Passed by on your way to a dungeon? Remember from anywhere in the world?
>>
File: 4344.jpg (33 KB, 600x402) Image search: [Google]
4344.jpg
33 KB, 600x402
>>334260829
Nope, your computer is shit, if you have problems running WoW, a almost 12 year old game running off the Warcraft 3 engine STILL, it's time to upgrade and toss that old shit in the garbage.
>>
File: 1436634632170.png (325 KB, 382x417) Image search: [Google]
1436634632170.png
325 KB, 382x417
>>334253815
I've seen this picture on the MMO-champion forums, the official forums and several times on /v/

Is this the only picture outside of a raid instance with +20 players on screen since wotlk?

Is there no other one?
>>
I mean you even have to compete for quest NPCs
>>
File: 1460555068574.jpg (19 KB, 760x571) Image search: [Google]
1460555068574.jpg
19 KB, 760x571
CROSS REALM U DUMB FUCKS.
HERPA LE DERPA!
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.