[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Shadow Link >Adult Ruto >Longshot This is the single
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8
File: Water-Temple.jpg (94 KB, 550x413) Image search: [Google]
Water-Temple.jpg
94 KB, 550x413
>Shadow Link
>Adult Ruto
>Longshot

This is the single most memorable dungeon in the game and people hate it because it had one puzzle which made you think outside the box.
>>
what game is this out of curiosity?
>>
I liked it.

now shadow temple on the other hand.....
>>
>>334253716
Come on. Everyone knows the only objectively bad dungeon is the Fire Temple.
>>
dark link was the only good part of the temple. it was boring, and slogging through water in iron boots is not fun. some people say the forest temple is the best, since it was the only one they didn't need a player's guide for. but i've always been partial to the spirit temple.
>>
>>334253513
Which puzzle is that supposed to be? I'm currently replaying OoT for the first time since I played it when it first released and beat the dungeon two nights ago. I couldn't remember anything about it but had no problems beating it.
>>
No people hated it because it revolved around constantly pausing and unpausing the menu to (un)equip the iron boots which meant wasting loads of time and having to stop looking at the current area making it easy to get confused.
The 3DS version is great because the iron boots function just like a regular item.
>>
>>334253786
what's wrong with it?
also, every dungeon past the first three are pretty meh in my book.

the fact they're even called temples is pretty boring.
>>
>>334253806
Passage between the spikes. If you use your keys properly you don't have to pick it up.
>>
this game any good?
never playe dit.
>>
>>334253513
its a decent dungeon but the whole changing water level and equipping the boots off and on was just a huge chore. not to mention the Boss was boring too.
>>
I need some help with the fishing mini game. Big fish always get away, what am I doing wrong?
>>
>>334253513
Playing this dungeon with a keyboard gave me hell
>>
>>334233086
>not Shadow Temple
Do you even atmosphere?
>>
when i had a "going into games" machine - this woulve been early 2006- i used to go into majoras mask A LOTand one of my fav things to do was fondle romani at the ranch. one of the great things about fondling video game characters is they don't fight back or struggle because they don't recognise u as a player character..its like you dont exist. but let me tell you, she smelled like SHIT. in fact everybody i that game did..I got used to it after a while but that first moment when i smelt romani up close..i was almost sick. she looks clean & nice when you see her on television but when ur there stood next to her its a different story. The machine was stolen in the end and im kinda glad. it had started to take over my life
>>
>>334254160
Hot copypasta right out of the pot.
>>
>>334254093
every now and then give the fish some slack between reeling it in.
>>
>>334254093
Give them the D
>>
>>334253513
That's some subjective shit OP.

Shadow Link was the best part but he comes out of nowhere and seems like he was carried over from the Shadow Temple just because the Water temple lacked content.
The Longshot is in no way memorable except as a disappointment, any time you strained to make a shot that wasn't possible earlier in the dungeon was just because the game was leading you on.
Adult Ruto is a punchline hanging from 4 hours earlier in the game, and other than that just appears to explain the dungeon's gimmick that Navi could easily have spouted, as opposed to anything as practical as fighting the evil force trying to kill their race like Darunia. And she had no reason to disappear afterwards.
>>
>>334254342
Will try that, thanks!
>>
Spirit > Shadow > Deku Tree > Fire > Dodongo's Cavern > Forest > Jubba Jubba > Water

That is the objective list.
>>
>>334254702
The Longshot is the greatest item in any game ever.
>>
>>334254868
Forest = Shadow = Spirit
>
Dodongo = Jabu
>
Ice
>
Water = Fire = Deku
>>
Whats the puzzle that makes you think outside the box?
>>
>>334253513
I agree
>>
>>334255551
you can activate a crystal with you sword even if there is a fence between you and it
>>
>>334254939
Yo fuck that item.
>>
>>334254939
Yo I said FUCK THAT ITEM.

Longshot SUX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ThyXkarFY
>>
File: insideskycity_2.jpg (42 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
insideskycity_2.jpg
42 KB, 500x375
i have never had a problem with this dungeon, and i was very young when i first played it.

However, years later, with 20+, first playing TP (on wii back then) i had trouble with the Sky temple.

seriously, why does no one talk about that one? Its the hardest Zelda dungeon i think.
>>
>>334256485
I just remember the music was reversed and you get two hookshots.

Was this the level with the dragon boss?
>>
>>334253513
I still think the design was shitty. Not even the "Wah I hate putting on the Iron boots Meme,".

>Go down corridor
>Get dumped back into main room
>Repeat
>>
>>334256563
yeah
>>
File: Grog_(Ocarina_of_Time).png (138 KB, 447x701) Image search: [Google]
Grog_(Ocarina_of_Time).png
138 KB, 447x701
>your face when most of modern /v/ wasn't born yet when OoT released
>>
>>334257415
What was that guys deal anyway?
>>
>>334257415
i just recently discovered that my Gf wasn't born when OoT came out, which drives me crazy. She has finished it (and most other, even older, zeldas) its really making me feel old though.
>>
>>334257446
Absolutely no idea. You'd think a game with had room for 2, maybe 3 NPCs wouldn't waste one of those slots on the town's weird chickenfucker.
>>
>>334257528
>discovered that my Gf wasn't born when OoT came out

I want to get off Mr Earth's Wild Ride.
>>
>>334257671
Pedo detected.
>>
>>334255664
>you can activate a crystal with you sword even if there is a fence between you and it

That's not thinking outside of the box. That is expecting the game to not function in a way that it has before. In a way that doesn't even make sense. All of Links attacks are slashes. That can't penetrate through a fence. It's plain old bad design.
>>
File: 11_Well02_Large.jpg (184 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
11_Well02_Large.jpg
184 KB, 800x600
>>334258173
>WOOOOW HOW COME I CAN WALK THROUGH THIS WALL
>>
>>334257928
OoT is 18 years old, so he might not be.
>>
>>334258173
You can stab by Z-targetting and holding forward.
>>
>>334257446

He's /v/
>>
If you struggled with Water Temple you might pass the qualifications for mild retardism
>>
>>334253513
No, people hate it cause you spend more time in the menus than in the fucking temple.
>>
>>334254868
spirit was horseshit.
>>
>>334254868
>>334255007
>no well

shit list
>>
>>334259806
Suddenly it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>334260004
I loved the atmosphere of the Spirit Temple. Great aesthetic design.
>>
>>334257415
>People are disgusting. My own father and mother are disgusting. You must be disgusting, too.
He's probably just the embodiment of asocial behaviour in the game, being somehow cast out of his family or something, or something.
>>
>>334253513
>put on kokiri boots
>put on iron boots
>put on kokiri boots
>put on iron boots
>put on kokiri boots
>put on iron boots
>put on kokiri boots
>put on iron boots

The only bad part, but it was annoying as fuck
>>
>>334253513
Forest Temple was the most memorable for me.
>Haunted mansion setting instead of literally being a generic temple like all the other adult dungeons
>First dungeon in the game with outdoor sections
>Twisting hallway
>Phantom Ganon
>>
>>334253513
Sometimes cliche opinions are correct. Water temple is shit and will always be a mark against Ocarina, not a big mark but enough to make the fanboys cray.

It doesn't help that all the Water themed dungeons after were a million times more fun.
>>
>>334261274
Great Bay is the Water Temple without any redeeming features and the worst boss in the franchise.

Wind Waker had no water temple and barely any temples to begin with. I don't remember the one from Twilight Princess and Ancient Cistern is hardly water-themed.
>>
>>334253513

youre retarded
>>
>>334261402
I breezed through Great Bay Temple and enjoyed it a lot (Apart from the boss, you do have a point there) but the Water Temple had me stuck for ages.
>>
>>334261402
>Great Bay is the Water Temple without any redeeming features and the worst boss in the franchise.

This is what ocarina fans actually believe... Zora form>Iron boots shit. Also TP's water dungeon was the best how could you forget?
>>
File: 1397443612857.jpg (172 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1397443612857.jpg
172 KB, 1920x1080
>>334261402

The one from TP was as obnoxious as the MM one.
As for "popular opinions are mostly correct" thing, I think it's wrong. You can't rank the OoT water temple over MM and TP's water temples in terms of annoying. It's pretty fucking straight forward in comparison. I'd say the fire temple is way worse. Plus, the water temple had some goddamn cool shit like the room where you fight shadow link, it's some esoteric shit right there.
"Water temple is terrible" is only a popular opinion because Zelda nerds are goddamn parroting retards 90% of the time. And I'm talking about the kind of nerds who go to cons and pose as "Zelda fans".
>>
>>334257415
I was in 4th grade when OoT came out...I hate anyone younger than me.
>>
File: 1260309594072.png (310 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1260309594072.png
310 KB, 640x480
>>334261837

Tell me about your first encounters with it.
My first time seeing OoT was when I was 7, on a demo stand at an electronics store. It was inside the Deku Tree, and it was goddamn magical.
>>
File: Ghyi9nL.jpg (40 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
Ghyi9nL.jpg
40 KB, 540x960
>>334261773
>Dungeon has nothing to do with illusions, just straightforward Water shit
>Suddenly this room

Water reflects...I guess
>>
>>334262181
Got it at christmas when I was 9, I was familiar with SM64 at that point so I thought it was pretty slow. After two months of playing it and not even having gotten to adult link yet I was like "goddamn how fucking big is this game" and came to love it.
>>
>>334253513
None of the temples were that difficult. Challenging (for a kid) but fun.

I think this meme got circulated by those kids who were too retarded to figure out anything in that game.

I borrowed OoT from a friend who literally couldn't even find the bow in the Forest Temple. How do you fail finding the bow? He kept going on about how hard the game is, so I needlessly clenched each time I entered a dungeon.
>>
>>334262308
I never owned OoT, I had to continuously borrow it from friends and classmates. It sucked. And I still don't own a cartridge of it.
>>
>>334262346
Hard isn't the right word, mind-bending hits closer to home since this was most people's first 3D puzzle game. Shit like climbing above a door or two rooms being almost identical wasn't so obvious back then, you had never seen anything like it before.
>>
>>334262181
I remember seeing that Demo at a showoff in the city. I remember seeing Kokiri Forest and thinking how amazing it felt despite being just a foggy Mario 64 level. OoT just did something to my soul.

Funny thing is my first real 3D Zelda was Majora's Mask years later (I rented OoT and it wussed out at Death Mountain).
>>
>>334256485
Sky temple is best zelda dungeon.
>>
Water Temple isn't hard, just tedious. You can shave 25% off your time in the 3ds version since you don't have to constantly go in the menu.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.