[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just beat this game and all I can say is... Nintendo better
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7
File: oufy3aghhkqbpv2xlnll.jpg (155 KB, 636x912) Image search: [Google]
oufy3aghhkqbpv2xlnll.jpg
155 KB, 636x912
Just beat this game and all I can say is...

Nintendo better fund bayonetta 3 for the NX
>>
no real choice now. no one's gonna bite after 2's sales

mechanically, I prefer bayo 1 though
>>
>>334252068
Still sold better than the 360 version on a much smaller install base, plus she's in smash so that adds to some viability for a sequel
>>
I'm sure is happening

Bayonetta is more popular now with the Smash help.
>>
>>334251883
After how botched Bayo 2's gameplay is I'd only be ok with a third if Kamiya gets back on board.
>>
>>334252068
It sold about or nearly a million copies. Pretty good for a game like this on a install base like that.
>>
>>334252571
Hideki kamiya was on board with bayo 2 though, but he did state that he hated the box art
>>
>>334252786

Kamiya was only on board for supervising things like story. He had no hand in gameplay.
>>
>>334252571
>Bayo 2's gameplay
>botched
Bayonetta's movements have much better feel and fluidity than 1 and they got rid of all the insta-death QTEs and badly-done alternate gameplay segments. How is that botched?
>>
File: oy vey goyim.png (11 KB, 163x192) Image search: [Google]
oy vey goyim.png
11 KB, 163x192
>>334252068
It got a big spike in sales after Bayo got into Smash. Apparently in America they're having shortages.

>mfw I bought the Bayo 1&2 set on release date for only 45 euro
>>
File: 1374245474528.png (4 KB, 303x314) Image search: [Google]
1374245474528.png
4 KB, 303x314
>>334253160
> mfw still rocking that first print edition.

Yes this makes my boner hard.
>>
>>334251883
>the only reason anyone brought a WiiU
>>
>>334253221
Brought from where? and to where?
>>
File: anime-crying.gif (1 MB, 380x285) Image search: [Google]
anime-crying.gif
1 MB, 380x285
>>334253221
You forgot smash bros, and Zelda

I'm still fucking waiting even though it's more than likeley going to launch with the NX
>>
>>334253023

>Bayonetta's movements have much better feel and fluidity than 1

This is only true for Umbran Spear and having a much more consistent framerate. Everything else is in that front is exactly the same.

>How is that botched?

>Sound cues ruined (exacerbated by having them removed once enraged)
>Lack of proper cues on a significant lot of attacks
>Button mashing for combo score is the best strategy and just about the most suggested one, no more room for anything imaginative without Bracelet of Time (which is frankly still a worse version of what we got in Bayo 1)
>Witch Time is now a crutch in Bayo 2's design, whereas it was optional entirely in Bayo 1
>Poor distribution and balance of magic
>Umbran Climax is free-mash mode and mechanically speaking on every level there's no reason to not use it since instant Wicked Weaves are basically useless now
>Lumen Sage is a horrible rival battle (inb4 hurr hurr but it looks cool so it must be excellent)
>Score requirements with the new system limitations aren't so much difficult-but-fair as much as they are just poorly balanced

I could go on. There's a myriad of issues with its combat.
>>
>>334253160
>TFW Nintendo babies didn't know about Bayonetta until she got into Smash and are now buying the game only because of that.
I bought a Wii U for Bayonetta 2 and Wonderful 101. In fact, I bought TW101 before I got the WiiU (nearly a year before)
>>
>>334253160
>>334252779
>>334252325
They haven't commented on the sales.

Stop believing shitty sources.
>>
>>334253547
It was sitting at around .6-7m pre smash
Now it's at .99m according to vgshits
>>
>>334253363
> Everything else is in that front is exactly the same
There is a small detail about how jumps are treated allowing for better jump offset, i forgot what it was

> Umbran Climax is free-mash mode
UC doesn't make you invincible, so it is still possible to get hit by enemies who didn't got hitstunned (enemy from afar or just boss who says fuck you and randomly overpowers your hitstun)

> and mechanically speaking on every level there's no reason to not use it
Generally yes, but in several rare cases it's better to use Torture Attack to kill one annoying enemy at once instead of spreading the damage with UC, like demon wizards that anger other enemies (great torture animation too) or snakes that turn you into a loli

B2 has a lot of QoL improvements like not having to grind for unlocks three times for each fucking character, it is a shame combat wasn't properly battle tested and balanced
>>
>>334254168

>Jump Offset

There is no Jump Offset. You're thinking of the Enemy Step variation of Jump Canceling, which has an inane cooldown period for some reason now. So whatever use that improvement had is down the drain and moot, and it's not as if starting an aerial combo in Bayo 1 was ever a significant issue that was tied to jumping in any way.

>UC doesn't make you invincible

No kidding it doesn't. That single element alone doesn't suddenly stop it from being a free mash mode though.

>so it is still possible to get hit by enemies who didn't got hitstunned

There isn't a single enemy in the game that doesn't get hitstun or can dodge UC on volition. The hitboxes are enormous so you only really so much as need to be in their vicinity facing towards their general direction. Saying "you're not invincible" doesn't remove the majority of elements to this feature that make it braindead.

>but in several rare cases it's better to use Torture Attack to kill one annoying enemy at once instead of spreading the damage with UC

Objectively untrue. Umbran Climax focused on one enemy still does more damage than Torture Attacks in Bayo 2 (with the benefit of likely hitting those around you anyway.) Not to mention the weapons that drop from them in the sequel are also extremely garbage. The general damage you get from the spread of UC also puts it in a league where the aforementioned "rare cases" are basically nonexistent. Torture Attacks are 100% pointless in Bayo 2.

>B2 has a lot of QoL improvements like not having to grind for unlocks three times for each fucking character

Okay sorry, that was my bad. I should've worded that part more properly and should've said enemy properties are horribly botched, making the BoT's introduction in Bayo 2 an odd one. B1 combat can cater maximally to casuals and hardcore players without it. B2 can't.
>>
Jesus Christ this autism. Bayo 1 has fucking garbage minigame sections, some of the worst QTEs ever and shit bosses. It was an overrated DMC clone. Bayo 2 is actually a good game.

>b-but the combat is a tiny bit deeper
Then go play the loading screen.
>>
File: Lookin fab.jpg (151 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Lookin fab.jpg
151 KB, 1920x1080
>>334254656
>Torture Attacks are 100% pointless in Bayo 2.
Best way to heal in Bloody Palace Lost Chapters.
>>
>>334254856

The combat was actually balanced in Bayo 1

>Instakill QTEs

Not general combat, not even a majority are part of combat, and the ones that are in combat don't exceed like three at most in the course of several chapters.
>>
>>334254656
>There isn't a single enemy in the game that doesn't get hitstun or can dodge UC on volition. The hitboxes are enormous so you only really so much as need to be in their vicinity facing towards their general direction
"Vicinity" is the keyword here.

Sometimes you have several isolated groups and activating UC on one is just asking for other remote group of archers to shoot potshots at you

That leads to situation with Angering Hell Wizards. There are several verses where they spawn two-three of them in separate locations and say Sloth-shitpissfucker.

Activating UC on any of them is pointless because you won't be invincible during, while TA will give you invincibility while you are dispatching them one by one.
>>
>>334254987
>Not general combat,
Yeah man, it doesn't matter. Just level design, music, bosses, pacing,etc don't matter either.

Go play the loading screen autist.
>>
>>334255140

Fair enough. In any case the agreement here is that these cases are nonetheless extremely rare and the point stands.

>Filename

Hah.
>>
>>334254856
>loading screen
oh yeah and actually having an enemy in loading training screen is also a cool QoL i wish B1 had.
>>
Anyone who mentions button mashing for 2 when he's claimed he's played 1 is a chucklefuck who's never played both.

Or if he did, he played first climax on 2, the babbyshit.
>>
>>334255146

Bayonetta is an action series largely focused on depth and options, so of course combat will be a significant decider of its quality.

>Just level design, music, bosses, pacing,etc don't matter either.

I never said that. There's not a whole lot of arguing the other details though because everyone generally agrees the two are within the same area of quality, hence why it mainly just pins down to a few subjects in comparison.
>>
File: 1458469036477.jpg (8 KB, 220x176) Image search: [Google]
1458469036477.jpg
8 KB, 220x176
>>334255413

>Anyone who mentions button mashing for 2 when he's claimed he's played 1 is a chucklefuck who's never played both.
>Or if he did, he played first climax on 2, the babbyshit.

I beat the original back on 360 and beat half the chapters on IC. I got Bayo 2 on release day and beat it on 3rd climax in one sitting. 2 compared to 1 is more braindead. You don't even need to be an expert to realize this.
>>
>>334255463
Bayonetta is just like every other video game, a sum of its parts. And a lot of its parts were garbage. Pretty big parts like 10 minute long stupid minigames before a boss. The fact that autists like you need to ignore entire sections of the game to pretend it is better just shows how weak your stance is.
>>
>>334254656
>There is no Jump Offset
actually there is

It was ALMOST kinda there in B1 as well, like you can jump, start P-K, land and do P and it will cause Wicked Weave.

In B2 they did something like you can do, start PK- jump, land and finish -P and it will cause WW.

In B1 jump would have interrupted attack string.

Something along these lines.
>>
>>334255687

>And a lot of its parts were garbage.
>Pretty big parts like 10 minute long stupid minigames before a boss

This is at an absolute worst just like 8% of the actual game. You're exaggerating. 10 minutes of Space Harrier, 5 of After Burner, and about 7 instakill QTEs isn't squat compared to at least ten hours worth of content.

>The fact that autists like you need to ignore entire sections of the game to pretend it is better just shows how weak your stance is.

Except I'm not ignoring them. I'm saying the exact same thing you are saying in that Bayonetta is like any other game, the sum of its parts. However the issue you're taking with your stance is that you treat every portion as inherently equal across the board for games, which is an outdated and mediocre way of judging them. You can't reasonably expect a fair comparison between some notable portions of the first game that are bad, as being on the same level as its sequel butchering its main appeal. Principally it's the same as saying story matters for a series like Bayo as much as it does a plot driven adventure game. At that point you're not judging the game for what it does right and wrong in its execution; you're treating it much more based off personal expectations.
>>
feel good realizng that you can start an aerial umbral climax on the ground spinning the stick and then jump and attack. with this you can do the roundhouse kick on the ground without preparing it with K-K-K, which can be time consuming
>>
>>334256152
8% is a big deal.
>You're exaggerating.
Coming from an idiot trying to argue that UC is instant win that's rich. You try to claim its a crutch, when Bayonetta is completely designed around one, Witch Time.
>you treat every portion as inherently equal across the board for games
If the content is mandatory, then yes it is.
>fair
It's not fair right, because Bayonetta 2 is clearly superior to 1 in every aspect but one in your opinion. We can't compare the entire games as a whole because then you got nothing

Again, just go the play the loading screen you autist. I'm done wasting my time here. That other guy can continue, but he shouldn't, you don't listen to what he says anyway.
>>
>>334256606
>Bayonetta is completely designed around Witch Time
You're a casual and you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>334256606

>8% is a big deal.

Now you're just changing arguments. First you're arguing it was "a lot of its parts" now you're saying 8% can make a difference. Make up your mind.

>You try to claim its a crutch, when Bayonetta is completely designed around one, Witch Time.

Witch Time isn't a crutch in Bayo 1. The hardest difficulty gets rid of it almost entirely whereas the sequel doesn't. So you're only hurting your own case here.

>If the content is mandatory, then yes it is.

That's not logical. You can't seriously try and sell to someone that Kamiya directed Bayonetta with the idea that he wanted the music to represent his game as much as what actually takes precedence. Being mandatory doesn't make it an equal need for quality, it just makes it a part of the game.

>It's not fair right, because Bayonetta 2 is clearly superior to 1 in every aspect but one in your opinion. We can't compare the entire games as a whole because then you got nothing
>I'm done wasting my time here

I like how you're leaving on the point of validating what I said.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.