[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the biggest pile of shit I have ever played >All battles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
This is the biggest pile of shit I have ever played
>All battles play out the same
>Hunts are step down from FF 12 hunts
>There's hardly any strategy involve
>You can only control one character
>The game encourages auto battle
>The healing and AI system is so pants on retarded that the game is encouraging you for playing the game for you.
Not to mention that almost every fucking battle requires you to use the same fucking strategy.You switch to ravage so you can build up stagger meter than you buff or debuff and wail on the fucking enemy until it dies,if an enemy is about to do a powerful attack you switch all characters sentinel to tank the attack.There you go you that's the entirety of FF 13 strategy right there.It's funny how they tried to balance the game around one character by giving bosses the doom spell to artificially make the game harder,it discourages you from using an alternative tactics and it's also a bullshit way to make bosses harder.
All in all this is one of the worst RPGs I have ever played the paradigms could of been interesting,but it was wasted on this games garbage ass combat system
>>
sounds like progressive game design to me. go back to your fossils, gramps.
>>
Yeah, gameplay was shit. Characters were awful and even the locations were bland and boring. It had a very sterile feel, like no love it care went into it. I found the XV demo to be exactly the same.
>>
Cool blog bro. Not like the millionth time we've seen a rant about this PoS.
>>
>>334254359
Did the old Final Fantasy combat really have more to it? The switch to ATB is pretty different regarding the "sentinel to tank" defense, instead of actively blocking specific attacks, you used to just waste a turn defending whether or not the enemy did anything.

The stagger mechanic isn't really that significant, it just rewards you for being quick I guess? I don't know it's been a while.

As for just wailing on enemies.. did the old games have more of a focus on weaknesses and spells and all that?
>>
>>334255412
(Didn't mean to quote anybody.)
>>
File: 1280396400476.jpg (87 KB, 575x687) Image search: [Google]
1280396400476.jpg
87 KB, 575x687
>>334250956
You might have been approaching the game in the wrong way. A lot of the game's intricacy is built around getting 5* ratings in fights. For instance, switching to SEN/SEN/SEN is nearly always very inefficient when you could switch to SEN/RAV/COM or SEN/RAV/RAV to keep building/maintaining the chain gauge while having one character provoke.

The point of only having you control one character is because combat would be way too fast at higher levels. When you're hasted with 6 ATB bars at endgame then it'd be ridiculously hard queueing up six actions just for one character, let alone all three. That's the same reason for Autobattle, as well - it's not about the game playing the game for you (since most of the time it'll just queue up Fire or Attack six times depending on role, they should've just called it the shortcut button). This saves you time and frees you up from menus to watch the flow of the battle and the stagger gauge while being ready to switch paradigms to suit the situation.

Rather than having the strategy of the game being in navigating to Quick Cut/4x Cut or whatever, they moved it to the paradigm system. I would even argue there's more depth to the system than most other FF games in that respect. I can see why you didn't enjoy the combat since it's radically different to any other FF game, but in my opinion it was just about the only thing XIII did right.
>>
>>334256246
What's the point of having some irrelevant battle rating system in a fantasy roleplaying game. Oh, were you having fun? Well you were SLOW and you did fucking SHIT.
>>
>>334250956
>encourages autobattle
U didnt pass the first fight dont u
>>
>>334255412
No, OP's being a total idiot. Old FF's were pretty much just wailing on the enemy. XIII added some degree of strategizing because staggering was a must and some enemies can really screw you over if you don't know what you're doing, namely Raines
>>
>>334250956
Here's the entirety of all previous games battle
>you hit the enemies until it dies
>>
>>334256602
The battle system in XIII is centered around controlling the flow of fights. If you get a 5 star rating, you were doing things efficiently. Jus like in any other RPG, once you learn your enemies' weaknesses, it becomes easier to exploit them.
>>
>>334256602
This
Ranks don't exactly matter so it can't really improve the game
>>
>>334257548
Don't forget about drawing magic.
>>
>>334257787
You can do that outside of battle.
>>
>>334256246
The best thing about the battle system is that it's deep enough for people who wants to master it, and yet idiot proof so anybody can beat the game even if they suck at it.
>>
>>334250956
>could of

Opinion is invalid
>>
>>334257785

That's like saying style scores in DMC don't matter. I mean yeah, you'll still see the ending if you get D rank combos all day, but you've got no business calling the combat shallow when you've never even tried to do an aerial raid, you get me?
>>
>>334250956
it tried to do something different and yeah it failed. Combat system should have gone further but it was stuck at subpar choices. It was a good game only for those who are starting to get into final fantasy.
Story was awful. I don't care if it was character driven, because even character driven story has to have exposition. The data logs does not count as proper exposition, in fact is a hack is way of saying oh I forgot to explain what "thing" was so here it all is so I don't have to work it into my cynical story.
>>
>>334257912
I agree. But idiot proof is a little tame. Even a simple person could play this game. And even though the combat is too deep advancing the crystanium in any way makes the game trivial. You'd have to limit encounters to the bare minimum to get any enjoyment out of this game but when you do it becomes of the more challenging mainline FFs.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.