[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are you getting it? I enjoyed the betas so far. I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68
File: battleborn-game.jpg (1 MB, 1500x938) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-game.jpg
1 MB, 1500x938
Are you getting it? I enjoyed the betas so far. I've never played Overwatch but I wouldn't mind playing both cause they seem pretty fun
>>
Won't be getting it, but it is alright. Plays nothing like Overwatch though OP.

I will be playing Paladins, however.
>>
>>334244936
it felt f2p

if it was f2p i would play it constantly

it's not f2p though, so no, im not going to spend 60$ on this shit
>>
>>334244936
I really feel like they made a huge misstep with the $60 price tag.
>>
Yeah I'm probably getting this and Overwatch. Beta has been really fun.
>>
>>334245090
how's paladins compared to overwatch and battleborn?
>>
They need to tone all the colors and effects down. Shits like looking directly at a neon strobe light.
>>
>>334245658
Same.
I'd honestly would probably wait a few months to get this to go down to like $40, but I came into some money, so I'm all for it.
>>
>>334245753
Colors are fine, but I can agree with toning down the effects a little, my favorite character is a melee character so I'm use to it by now, but when up close with shit there seriously is nothing but bright flashes.
>>
>>334245881
there are times I can't even tell whos AOE im standing in because shits all fucked. make the AOEs red or green, not yellow with a hint of either.
>>
File: w5xXHt3D3TY.jpg (47 KB, 464x535) Image search: [Google]
w5xXHt3D3TY.jpg
47 KB, 464x535
>>334244936
Gray-Mane or Battle-born?
>>
The flashy explosions and over saturation kill it for me. There is too much shit happening on screen. It's difficult to tell apart AI creeps and enemies at certain times because there's just a cluster fuck of stuff going on. You really can't skillfully avoid enemy Ults because of all the chaos happening either. There is also a lot of RNG elements with critical hitting, and you never have any idea what items players are using so who fucking knows what bonuses anyone has at any time. I'm also having weird resolution issues where my game keeps crashing when trying to change resolutions unless I am playing in windowed borderless, and out of nowhere I was booted from the game with a message saying my Steam disconnected, but it didn't.

Overall the game is mediocre. It feels like you can't try to play it competitively though. It feels even less competitive than Call of Duty. Some characters just seem so fucking OP. I also feel like this game, like most MOBA-types, requires a good amount of team work, but it's extremely hard to coordinate shit in this game. I don't know, it's OK, but I can't justify $60 on something that is probably going to flop hard. I would spend like $15 on it during a sale, but by then this game probably won't even have a community.
>>
I'm having fun with it but I'm sure as hell not going to spend $60 on it. The quality isn't there, the single player sucks, the jokes are bad, and grinding gachapon for stuff is the worst.
>>
>>334246317
>RNG elements with critical hitting
wait, crits are different from headshots?
>>
Who's your favortie?
I'm having fun with Orendi.
>>
I would 100% play it if it was F2P but who the fuck would buy it?

It's going to be dead once it releases. I'm not even saying this in like a "Overwatch is going to flop!" kind of manner. It's just legitimately going to die, there is no possible way it maintains a strong playerbase.
>>
>>334246586

Double wait, you can deal more damage with head shots in this game? How does that even work? Some of these mother fuckers don't even have heads. This guy's body is a fucking face, how do you head shot him?
>>
>>334246586
No, he just doesn't know what he's talking about.
>>
>>334246639
she op af
>>
>>334246639
Thorn and Mike.
>>
>>334246830
Hit them in the head. Every enemy has a "head" hitbox. Thus, you crit.
>>
File: 1460437668873.gif (227 KB, 360x239) Image search: [Google]
1460437668873.gif
227 KB, 360x239
>>334246639
Thorne or Rayna for me
>>
>>334246639
Galilea :^)
>>
>try the first mission out with a friend
>getting sent through the air constantly during the boss battles, can barely do shit
>the second boss was teleporting like lag, but both of our connections were fine
The characters are kind of fun to play, but this game feels more floaty than Borderlands.
>>
>>334246317

Oh, and I have to add: It's pretty obvious when one team has the win. Take the sentry map. If your last Sentry is at like 50% health and you haven't even destroyed their first one, you already lost. There is no coming back, seriously. Even if you turn it around and start killing the enemy team like mad and clearing camps. The reason you won't come back is because the sentries are fucking bullet sponges, and if you somehow turn it around and get the chance to attack theirs, the match time limit will probably run out before you get theirs lower than 50%. It's pretty annoying too when you know it's still taking the enemy team a long ass time to finish you off because of your bullet sponge sentries. It shouldn't take so long to capture objectives. Once you fucked up their base and killed off most of the team, you should be able to gang bang their objectives quicker.
>>
>>334246830
His head seems to be the yellow bits on the face. And yeah some have a hard to hit head box, while Miko on the other hand...
>>
>>334247204
Only the second sentry is a sponge though. The first one can be taken out quite quickly if you're all on it.
>>
File: tumblr_o4b3rdLRNC1tl5mcvo2_500.png (94 KB, 414x335) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4b3rdLRNC1tl5mcvo2_500.png
94 KB, 414x335
>>334246639
Shayne and Aurox feel fun as fuck.
And the jazz hands taunt.

Iits like seeing Doom working with some punk qt because he was bored shitless
>>
>>334246903
Orendi is underpowered against anything that moves at all

>>334246639
Knockoff Gaige aka Shayne. Truly best girl
>>
File: 2K_Battleborn_SeasonPass2.jpg (938 KB, 1024x932) Image search: [Google]
2K_Battleborn_SeasonPass2.jpg
938 KB, 1024x932
>>334244936
funny that OP never mention Day one DLC.
:-)
>>
>>334244936
nah, its pretty shit
>>
>>334247586
I'm not denying that it's a little over priced for what it is, but I like these kind of games and it beats feeling bored and complaining about bad games
>>
>>334247586
ehh, it's just the free open beta currently.
reading battleborn threads, most already disagree with the pricing.
at worst people will simply stop talking about it after the beta.
>>
File: tumblr_o4edhu8R3q1tc8wc8o1_400.gif (2 MB, 298x237) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o4edhu8R3q1tc8wc8o1_400.gif
2 MB, 298x237
>>334246639
>>
>>334247745
I don't get why people call Toby a meme character.
>>
>>334245753
Yes.

Melee spam applys the debuff of "what the fuck is even going on" to the player you're attacking.

If Battleborn was 3rd person like SMNC then it wouldn't be so bad but player should at least be able to track what's going on especially if they're trying to aim this at any kind of a competitive scene.
>>
>>334247483
The point of her skills is to predict your targets movement like any moba nuker.
>>
>>334244936
It was shit
>>
>>334248704
That only works when the payoff if there, and it isn't for her. Even landing 3 of 4 pillars will see you shit on by someone like oscar mike or shayne, and many characters are janky enough thats not likely to happen anyways and you'll more often only hit 1 or 2
>>
>>334245720
Not him, but I was in the beta and the game is fucking garbage. It's extremely easy, yet people can't get good, and wont play competitive, it's impossible to solo carry no matter how good you are. Game isn't rewarding at all and is extremely repetitive and gets boring after literally a few days.
>>
>>334247447
Yeah they feel great, how do you built them?
I get the overshield then pump all the ones that make my shield recharge faster.
Being able to open up with a surprise attack, bash away on them for a while then stun them when they run is great.
And because I got helix that makes my shield recharge as soon as a skill ends its great.

Although I feel her alt is lacking, its great for minion clearing but on other players its best used as area denial or for those who have backed themselves into a corner.
>>
>>334245720
Dude.. just watch any media on Paladins ever. Holy fuck it looks so awful.
>>
>>334249085
that sounds like all three of them
>>
Remind me why it's $60
>>
>>334249279
Maybe, I haven't played overwatch or battleborn to compare. Both are clearly not worth the money. Maybe if they were 20 bux. Maybe.
>>
>Overwatch costs loads and will be shallow as fuck on release
>Battleborn costs loads and will be dead as fuck on release

I take back all the complaints I made about F2P if this is the calibre of paid game we get.
>>
>>334249302
Because you're a console peasant
>>
Anyone here playing it on PS4? Why is the framerate so shit

inb4 cause ur playing on ps4
>>
>>334249568
You can't inb4 with the actual reason.
>>
>>334247586
The day one dlc is for story mode from the looks of it multiplayer and the extra 5 character are free.
>>
>>334249714
So? A shit overpriced game can't have day 1 dlc.
>>
>>334249756
You can always wait for the goty edition or complete collections.
>>
>>334249658
yes i can
>>
>>334249714
Story Mode: Play a character with a moveset that may or may not make sense for borderlands style missions in borderlands style missions. Also there's powerups everywhere because we realized it was boring as fuck.

Why do they think people will pay for a season pass of that? Just for the humor?
>>
>>334249825
Or I can just not spend my money on trash video games.
>>
I honestly thought Battleborn and Overwatch where the same game until today. They need to work harder to differentiate the two.

I'm assuming Overwatch is better because Gearbox is shovel ware tier.
>>
>>334249949
It's cus Battleborn announced with a trailer at E3 that was basically showed off virtually nothing about what sets it apart from Overwatch. People didn't even realize it was a MOBA shooter.
>>
>>334249949
>I honestly thought Battleborn and Overwatch where the same game until today

no you didn't
>>
>>334249842
The story missions are just so bad. It makes no sense either, because the character banter is top notch in multiplayer.
>>
File: isic.png (477 KB, 568x800) Image search: [Google]
isic.png
477 KB, 568x800
>>334246639
Handsome ja.. I mean ISIC.
>>
>>334250306
>that piece of dialogue in the first mission where he crashes through the fourth wall at the speed of sound
>>
>>334250116
I mildly enjoyed the story part of the story mission but everything else about them was hot garbage. I was so bored by the end of the one I played.
>>
File: 1424763617434.gif (2 MB, 550x309) Image search: [Google]
1424763617434.gif
2 MB, 550x309
>>334244936
No, I won't be. Not because the game itself is bad, but because the community is fucking full of retards. Every game no one knows what the fuck they're doing. Whether it be watching teammates getting ganked, watch enemies take merc camps, or just being to timid/stupid to push ever, they're always fucking up. I wouldn't be mad if it were once every couple of games, but it's EVERY FUCKING GAME.
>>
>>334250653
most people in the early level don't know since they don't know wtf to do once you see other doing stuff right then they get the idea on how to play it it took me doing stuff correctly for other in my team to go and do what they where supposed to be doing and they where level 1
>>
>>334250116
different teams i wonder?

i say this as someone who thinks the game is pretty fun and is buying it: the mission dialog is written with the style of someone with an extremely immature sense of humor. not in the 'toilet humor' way, but in the way that their sense of humor isn't developed enough for them to have an understanding of good comedic timing. i don't mean to sound like an insulting cunt, but this IS the kind of shit that might've been penned by an awkward teenager. like:

>DUUUHHH, I'M SOOO ROBO-DRUNK, I CAN DRIVE JUST FINE LOL ISN'T IT SILLY HOW I'M ACTING JUST LIKE A DRUNK PERSON BUT I AM A ROBOT???

jesus.
it has all the style of a high schooler trying way too hard to look cool in front of the other kids. it really reminds me of some shit cartoon a kid might watch on saturday morning, and not in a good nostalgic kind of way.

it could've been a fun, colorful sci-fi romp that doesn't take itself too seriously, but this shit is so far beyond that now that it's embarrassing just listening to some of the dialog.
>>
>>334250831
That's a shit excuse. They know exactly what they should be doing. It's quite clear. There's one big lane, two things to destroy. You have minions that move up the lane constantly. If you had a quarter of a brain you'd see that you need to PUSH the lane up to destroy the sentries.
>>
>>334250653
this, played with people in the 20's and 30's who were shitters
>>
I like it. Probably going to get it since the pre-order price on Amazon for the physical edition is about £10 cheaper than the digital edition, which is an okay asking price for the content they've got.

I'm quite happy to see that unlocking characters and skins isn't behind a paywall, but in fact done by either ranking up or beating challenges. Feels a bit like Super Smash Bros Brawl.

Is Phoebe still OP as shit like she was in the closed beta?
>>
Game feels very very cheap, I predict it'll be dead in 6 months.

Additionally, ACTOR COLLISION SHOULD NOT EXIST IN A FIRST PERSON GAME
>>
>>334245720
Paladins is fucking garbage, not joking with you. There's so many issues with that game it'd be a wall of text tl;dr to go over them but the problems start with the very design aesthetic.

There is none. Every single character is a rip off of either the theme and look or the kit of another character. e.g. Paladins has two characters that are straight up copies of Overwatch characters Reinhardt and Torbjorn, as well as boring elf chick and Warcarft Orc Shaman.

It's so bad.
>>
>>334249114
Aura of annoyance with double duration
Turn fetch into stun with increased speed
Rest go into shield recharge rate and health regen

Become the cloaked tank.
>>
>>334250653
I'm sorry to hear that, anon. The game's a blast when you've got a solid stack of players.
I know a group of people from back in the SMNC days that played in the closed beta with me, and we all had a great time.

I suppose once you've leveled up quite a bit, you'll have moved away from the "complete retard" bracket.
At least I hope that's the case, I'm not sure how the game goes for matchmaking.
>>
File: Render_Montana.png (331 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
Render_Montana.png
331 KB, 2000x1125
>>334246639
I haven't settled on a single character so far, but Montana is definitely my favorite design.

Only 2 more wins until I get Whiskey as well. Looking forward to that.
>>
>>334249302
>What is supply and demand
>>
>>334244936
Am I getting it? Of course not. It's a sixty dollar game riding the coat tails of a forty dollar game.

I'm tolerating the open beta but there's a ton of stuff I would change about it before I'd even consider buying it and more so for full retail.
>>
>>334251507
>being a poorfag

sux 2 b u
>>
>>334251559
He's right though. They should really lower the price if they want to stand a chance against Overwatch.
>>
I'm probably not going to play this game. It looks fine, but the price is too steep for me.
I do love some of the character designs though.
>>
>>334251468
So there's infinite supply. What does that make the demand?
>>
>>334251643
There's a demand to play these types of new FPS
>>
>>334251238
AoA is fundamentally the wrong T1 choice for her if you plan on doing any melee at all. Ricochet boomerangs are her msin weapon anyway, but still.
>>
>>334251360
he's a big guy
>>
>>334251920
Boomerrangs her main weapon?
They don't seem to do shit to me.
>>
>>334244936
i kjust played a single game and feel like i experienced the whole cycle
>so is this like league of legends with TF2?
>what do i do?
>whats going on, i guess i kill dudes
>oh its like league of legends where i fight robots down the lanes
>what do i do with money
>oh i buy turrets and robots okay
>i think i figured out how this game works
>well this is pretty neat actually
>well actually this is kind of boring
>oh the timer is running up, do we get sudden death, thatd be cool
>DEFEAT
>oh, okay, so is it like Killer instinct where i get the game for free but all the characters for 60 bucks
>no, fucking buy the game
im not sure i understand whats going on with this genre of game, but i feel like dirty bomb and paladins will be the only 2 to make it out alive
>>
>>334251191
Like I can or can't run through allies?
>>
File: Cf_Yn79W4AA-cwB.jpg:orig.jpg (347 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Cf_Yn79W4AA-cwB.jpg:orig.jpg
347 KB, 1920x1080
>>334251238
>>334251920
What kinda gear you use.
>>
>>334249085
Paladins needs to get scrapped ASAP.
Literally start over the game is associated and I say that as a guy who tried giving it a chance.
>>
>>334247586
It's a season pass, though?
>>
>>334250653
We used to have this thing called private servers, but apparently devs think that we don't need them anymore. This is the result.
>>
>>334244936
Maybe grab it on sale. Feels too much like a free to play game for full price
>>
>>334252559
>paladins

That game isn't even close to being done yet.
>>
>>334252996
battleborn doesnt feel like its close to done either.
>>
>100 dollars

no thanks
>>
Is it really that much to ask for one of them being good?
>>
>>334250935
personally myself i downloaded the game without knowing wtf to do since i hadn't given a shit about the game when announced once i got about level 3 i started to understand it and figure out it was like monday night combat
>>
>>334244936
What the fuck is the point of playing battle arenas where you just mindlessly fight over and over and do nothing

at least other games hide the fact they have no point
>>
>>334252684
Movement speed, attack speed, shield recharge.

Boomerang seems to do very little damage
>>
>>334247586
Gearbox has done this since Borderlands 1, it's called a Season Pass, where they promise the development of more content for an entire season.
>>
>>334253378
>what's the point of video games

that's deep, anon
>>
Garbage, just like every Dota clone. Incredibly boring game and headed straight for failure. Who the fuck is going to pay $60 for yet another version of this tired, stale trash in cartoony shooter form? It's also virtually indistinguishable from Overwatch, which also looks like boring shit.
>>
>>334252509
Unless you have both your actives up or a Reyna smart enough to keep Aurox up they'll easily outdo shield down melee damage and are far safer to use. I spike anyone that pushes to far or whos all alone, but otherwise I'll just be spamming away hitting 2+ targets for consistent damage. Its also good for keeping someones shields down, finishing runners, clearing minions and taking 400+ off before you go for the spike.

>>334252684
0 cost sprint speed mod
CD reduction+ cd reduction on melee
attack speed
All about 10% for now.
>>
>>334253416
Yeah boomerang ain't great but they are fine for just chasing people down with.

I go for max shield cause with that +100 shield per second it already recharges super fast, attack damage and attack speed.

I really wanna try Mellka but I don't think I will unlock her before the beta is over, I'm playing a lot but I'm trying to go easy a bit.

I'm level 25 though so I should unlock that robot that is a little similar to her.
He unlocks at 28 so like, another 4-5 matches.
>>
>>334253804
>currently 6
>really want to try caldarius
Dam it
>>
>>334253573
Hmm, I'll experiment and give them a try.

>>334253858
Time to grind.
I feel like they should have lowered the time it takes to unlock people for the beta just so people could try more characters.
>>
>>334253115
You can't ask for anything to compare to ET, not even ET developers can match it.
>>
>>334253858
>>334253804
Cal is really underwhelming until you get a feel for him as both his weapons do subpar damage.

>>334253912
I imagine they'll do a full unlock this weekend at some point. They did for the ctt anyways.
>>
>story mode is just Borderlands/Destiny without the loot or character progression
Why'd they even bother?
>>
>$60
>>
It's not worth 60 bucks. Not even close.
>>
File: rath.jpg (150 KB, 632x490) Image search: [Google]
rath.jpg
150 KB, 632x490
Who not-Vegeta here?
>>
>>334255240
I swear he wasn't always voiced by Sabat. Now he's just that much better.
>>
>>334255240
just won a game as him.
He may be edgy but goddam are his moves cool.
>>
File: file.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>334246639
Don't mind me just being literally the most OP thing in the game
>>
File: 1454868586949.jpg (134 KB, 934x824) Image search: [Google]
1454868586949.jpg
134 KB, 934x824
>>334255523
>Be Miko healing people
>Follow this bitch around as she murders people
>Oh shit she has like 10 kills and 1 death better follow her around and leech assists and keep her ass alive
>find out later on she's a fucking healer class
>>
BattleBored sucks
>>
Why is attikus so fucking ASS!
>>
>>334255876
nigga play a good character
>>
Hey Aurox We're still alive!
>>
Phoebe is ridiculous. If I get less than 25 kills I consider it a poor game.
>>
>>334255908
Thats what Im doing nigger, grinded void edge to unlocka him and ive never been more disapointed in a character before.
>>
>>334256650
She was worse.
>>
why would you ever pick the perks that go with the heal beam aside from the more power one. (and I have a item that gives me reload speed so im good there)

Anyone have any miko tips?
>>
>>334254151
You get loot, who told you you didn't?
>>
>>334254151
You get both loot and character progression. Are you sure you are playing Battleborn?
>>
>>334246175
Underrated
>>
>>334246639
I'm having fun with Montana, Oscar Mike and That Gentleman Robot Sniper that i forgot the name.

Too bad razil will have internet connection limit pretty soon so i wont be able to play online games anymore.
>>
>>334246639
Would you a Orendi?
>>
>>334258649
Yes
>>
coming from someone who plays Overwatch, I'm not quite sure why they decided to release this game at full price. I remember it being fun as fuck in the alpha test when I played but after playing Overwatch this game didn't seem as great as I had thought.

Thought the characters were great though, and definitely all unique which is something I enjoy. I'll probably try out the beta again or somethign to give myself another chance, but I just wasn't feeling it too much after I played Overwatch.

Phoebe was horseshit in Alpha by the way, holy fuck.
>>
>>334244936
Absolutely no one is going to pay real money for this.

It's fun. F2P fun.
>>
>60$ for less characters and polish than blizzards game
they're making a huge mistake
>>
>>334251360
His arms take up half the fucking screen.
>>
>>334252613
Yeah. Can't run through any entities.
>>
>>334258950
I got the opposite feeling desu. Played overwatch beta since february and i really like battleborn more, there is alot more craziness to the characters and i like the overarching mobashit elements. Im gonna be an idort and buy both because i really like both games for different reasons
>>
>>334252259
4u.
>>
i think gigantic is way better, still in deep beta and riddled with bugs but the gameplay and character design is miles better than this. Plus bb chara is one of the worst designs i've ever seen.
>>
File: 1406109381973.gif (987 KB, 500x452) Image search: [Google]
1406109381973.gif
987 KB, 500x452
>>334244936

I played it for a while but lack of personality made it feel really boring. Everything felt uninspired and lame.

Not a big fan of the humor either. If they want to have lowbrow humor with crazy explosions they should take hints from Bulletstorm and Duke Nukem.

Not gonna buy this one, at least not for 60 dollars.
>>
>>334259448
Jeez, feels like every day a new one of these pops up
We got overwatch, battleborn, paladins, paragon, gigantic, and probably many more I've never heard of
I can't really see myself or anyone playing more than 1 at a time
>>
>>334259863
if i'm not mistaken gigantic was the first to be announced, too bad development is taking ages.

Mobashooters are the hip thing now, too bad more than half is hot garbage
>>
is this game good for PVE?

not a fan of PVP.
>>
>>334244936
its shit
>>
Just played a really good campaing story mission. Playing with people that knows what to do is awesome, no one died even once
>>
Is it just me or is le edgy katana vampire hideously op? He's got all the tools to get in close and keep himself there, all the while dealing massive damage and healing himself for a portion of it.
>>
>>334261194
Nah, he's pretty easy to kill. As long as spin to win isn't up even Reyna can take him.
>>
>>334261392
Really? It seems no matter who I am (excluding meat mountain Montana and a few other tankier characters), he just chews through my shields and health in a matter of seconds and unless I have an escape tool, I can do jack shit.
>>
>>334261458
Get a character with a stun and stun him out of spin2win. Proceed to finish him off at your leisure.
>>
>>334261458
Well yeah, don't let him get in your face if you're someone like Marquis. Melee are suppose to beat ranged at point blank. I've not really had an issue though bc if I'm playing oscar or reyna he's pretty beat up before he even gets there.
>>
Holy shit this game is a cluster fuck of visual design.

Also the guns/whatever your character happens to use feels like shit.
>>
I'm really enjoying the beta but 60 dollaridoos is way too much. If it was 30 I would buy it.
>>
>>334262608
Its 32 on peecee
>>
>>334244936
I dislike how much I have to rely on people for certain characters, and how much I really don't with others. It splits the game into people who have to play with teamwork or die, and people who never try to play as a team because they don't really give a shit.

And I dunno if it's the servers or what, but I haven't had a game yet without at least 2 disconnects on either side.
>>
>>334261780
The thing is that he has a stun (well, it knocks you up but it's pretty much a stun mechanically) that has decent range, and unless I am mistaken, the blade wave thing can be specced to slow, so unless you clearly see him coming for you from afar or you have an escape tool in your kit, you're fucked.
>>
REYNA IS THICK
T
I
C
K
>>
>>334263863
And if a guy with no stealth manages to sneak up on you and stay off your radar, I'd say he's earned that kill. Thats the same as a Benedict bitching about oscars hitscan gun, or complaining that marquis isn't a tank. You're equally fucked in that situations by every other melee in the game, some of which have far better ways to approach.
>>
Why does everything deal so little damage in this game? Even with the so called attackers, you need to empty entire magazines into people to kill them, a little less if you use abilities.

You can't melt people, and I think that's something you should be able to do, considering how absolutely vital Miko is due to how damage values are now. He's like the medic from TF2, but imagine if you couldn't instakill a medic target.
>>
>>334264937
You can you just need co-ordination
One v one fights will always be spongy
>>
>>334264937
Because this is not cod.
>>
>>334245658
>>334244936
not even bothering to go any deeper into the thread because of 2 obvious shill posts

get the fuck out of here kids and get a real job that isn't posting on an image board
>>
>>334265160
This. Not every game needs OHKOs and sub half a second ttks.
>>
>>334265357
But have you tried it? Its fun
>>
>>334265357
What?
>>
>>334265160
>>334265358
But with the TTKs that exist now, Miko is a pick or lose character.
>>
>>334265581
No? He's very easy to kill because his big ass head is all crit damage. Ambra is apparently broken, but Miko and Reyna are fine supports, with Reyna arguably being the better of the two.
>>
>>334265830
>Can heal himself
>Is as spongy as most of the cast
>Easy to kill
>>
>>334265531
Meet Mr. Anti-Shill.
Some autist with a personal vendetta against Gearbox that thinks that marketers and Randy fucking Pitchford is out to get him.
He's taking the Barneyfag approach to internet discussion.
>>
>>334265912
He's not spongy though at all, and the first person that comes along with a stun spikes him easy. Oscar also puts him down via hitscan headshots, especially once you get full tactical ammo.
>>
>>334266169
You have to take into account that he is never alone. Add to that the fact that he can heal himself and he becomes a lot harder to kill.
>>
>>334266905
Why would you be alone then? That makes it even easier. If he annoys you that much just stick to Shayne who eats him alive.
>>
>>334261194
>Bio: not a vampire though he gets that a lot

https://battleborn.com/en/battleborn/rath/

I got my shit handed to me while playing him, I probably should have picked different upgrades and stop overestimating life drain
>>
I played it for the first time yesterday and somewhat got confused in terms of objectives and what the actual fuck was going on. I'm shocked there wasn't just a mini tutorial to show you where everything is.

Also are disconnect issues apparent? Every game I played had a d/c and no one to replace them I believe.
>>
>>334267537
It's a moba, so they won't get replaced. You just get fucked in the ass.
>>
>playing gearbox games
>>
>>334267537
There is no match filling, which is unfortunate. So when some dickhead quits after the character select pops up you're fucked. If it was just a dc theyd try and play again and get put back into the match that they're locked into until it finishes.
>>
>>334247068
git gud
>>
>buying tf2 clones
>>
File: sadspidey.jpg (61 KB, 393x281) Image search: [Google]
sadspidey.jpg
61 KB, 393x281
>Have to win five matches as a rogue character to unlock Toby
>Choose Whiskey Foxtrot to do it with
>mfw playing him
>>
>>334268052
Thats some shitty ass bait my friend
>>
>>334268340
How bad is whiskey?
>>
>>334268457
Whisky is a monster, way better than Oscar but in exchange for being a boring person.
>>
>>334268457
Think of Oscar but with less basic attack damage (and it's delivered in three round bursts), a worse grenade that doesn't explode on impact and requires you to actually hit an enemy dead on with it for it to be any good and a decent ult.
>>
Came in with super low expectations, left slightly higher.
Writing is more miss than hit, but Oscar's pretty great, if only because of his delivery.
Not getting it because getting Overwatch and I would much rather prefer playing that than getting seriously into a MOBA again.
>>
File: 20160414160928_1.jpg (165 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160414160928_1.jpg
165 KB, 1920x1080
We got this, as soon as we go into overti-
hmmm.
>>
>>334244936
>60 dollar game
>Need to unlock characters

um? This isn't the type of game to do that shit in.
>>
>>334270080
Fighters have done it for decades
>>
>>334270080
It seems like most of the characters are unlocked by playing the story mode, they just have an alternative way of being unlocked through multiplayer rank or feats.
>>
>>334270080
>I'm too casual to unlock characters
>>
>>334270237
yet this isn't a fighting game and you can unlock them offline. This game would be competitive so not having your characters is dumb.

>>334270263
doesn't seem like all which is again dumb.
>>
Played a few rounds last night, it was pretty fun but it's hard to tell what kind of staying power the game will have, especially if there's only one additional mode/map on launch. Incursion feels so limited with its single lane of minions so it's just constant teamfights without a lot of long-term strategy. The incinerator mode was a bit better, but still feels so small compared to more moba-leaning hybrid games like Paragon. Between that and the shooting it feels like this game suffers from being so min the middle between fps and moba
>>
>>334270326
Every shooter out has ranked based unlocks as well, even CoD and Battlefield the two most popular. Not every game can be about hat and knife collections
>>
File: doa.jpg (1019 KB, 2560x1488) Image search: [Google]
doa.jpg
1019 KB, 2560x1488
>>334253951
>>334253115
nothing can compete with nostalgia
>>
>>334259448
Yeah, the issue with gigantic for me is the windows 10 store

killed it fucking dead

>>334260114
it was the first to be announced
it went quiet for a bit, then they announced their deal with MS
>>
>>334270378
All the modes will have 2 maps at launch, with more added free. Still pretty shitty though... was hoping for at least 4 especially with a UE3 engine game.
>>
the artstyle looks horrendously bad, like league of legends launch bad
>>
>>334251235
You forgot the most important drawback
>hi-rez

Enjoy that strong and faithful dev support post release :^)
>>
This game does have a pretty good cast imo.

Pretty sure they just took a who's who from Funimation.

Mr Satan is the villain and two of the main characters are Vegeta and Winry from FMA.
>>
Here in Brazil Blizzard takes the cake with Overwatch not just because of the company's namesake alone, but because they are one of the very very few companies that does a perfect localization by hiring the all stars of brazilian Voice Acting.

Now regarding Battleborn, they should really bring down some of the visual effects mostly because when shit hits the fan you cant see jack shit, also will this game have dedicated servers? Just played a match with 2 french guys and they kept babling nonstop, plus the Lag was horrendous.
>>
>>334244936
It's okay. Does not seem worth 60 dollars, maybe 20.

Anyone who would shell 60 dollars out for a moba is insane
>>
I tried it, it runs like hot ass on my computer
>Consistent 2 frames, can't even pan the mouse, a single movement snaps it to some artificial "lag" line up, left, down, right, or not at all
>I still managed to kill the first boss in Algorithm before crashing
>Whole team wipes and leaves on the Bridge
I'll try it on my laptop later.
The above was on my PC on lowest settings. My Laptop can run Dark Souls 3 at 60FPS, 1080p medium.
>>
Overwatch looks much better, but Blizzard has much higher potential to disappoint me.

There will never be a good replacement for Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory... why even live
>>
>>334270679
bohoo my "win10iseevulmuhspywaremuhprivacym$blockmyappsinstalllinuxpcmr" meme

it's a decent os and not evil incarnate

plus you can always dual boot if you are so paranoid
>>
>>334272175
>Dual booting
You are insane.
Also, while Win10 isn't awful, it's far worse than 7.
And personally, I won't support things I don't like.
Not him, btw.
>>
Does Aurox fuck Shayne?
>>
>>334273569
This game has some good porn potential.
>>
>>334244936
50 euros, so no.
>>
>>334246317
headshots = crits
>>
>>334270080
>I HAVE TO WORK FOR CHARACTERS
>WHAT IS THIS THE FUCKING 90'S
>>
>>334274035
Skinner box unlocking systems are shit and have always been shit
>>
Toby is fun as fuck
>>
>>334274127
If they're so shit, why do they make so much money.
>>
>>334244936
Why's this shitty game getting shilled so hard?
>>
File: giphy.gif (592 KB, 340x255) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
592 KB, 340x255
>>334273920
>tfw when we will get Deande Reyna and Phoebe porn
>my dick when
>>
>>334271471
>brazilians actually buying games

hahaHAhaHAAHAhueaUheaUHeaUHEaUUHEauheuhueuh
>>
>>334274175
Free open beta.
>>
>>334274169
Because they're fucking skinner boxes?
You know how those work right?
>>
>>334274127
No they have always been good. Only shitters and children complain about unlocking characters through challenges.
>>334274175
>2016
>still thinking /v/ is a large enough population that it is worth shilling towards
>>
>>334274268
If they're so awful, then why do they earn so much money.
Answer my question and I'll answer yours.
>>
>>334244936
Are you serious 22-30fps in ob on absolute lowest in areas where i had 40-60fps in cb? Is this a new low?
>>
>>334245126
This.
>>
>>334250653
>everyone is new to the game
>somehow some weeb has mastered the game and blames all of his faults on others

This is called projection.
>>
>>334245126
You faggots think everything should be f2p these days
>BUT I THOUGHT OVERWATCH WAS FREE, WAH I'M NOT BUYING IT
>>
>>334274609
Overwatch is quality though.

And it's only $40
>>
>>334274342
I've yet to see an unlock system alone earn a lot of money. There are plenty of games with unlock systems that flop.
So no, unlock systems dont earn a lot of money.

Humoring you, lets say they do earn a lot of money. It's still shitty from a consumer standpoint. Being forced to run througha treadmill before accessing all of the content
>>
>>334269897
I feel like overtime in this game could go on for hours.
A match finishing from timeout has already been going what? 25-30 minutes?
>>
>>334274609
This does have a pretty small amount of content for $60 though, especially given that characters must be unlocked or purchased and there's a booster pack system for buying gear unlocks

Even without those though $40 seems like a more reasonable price, this half assed excuse for a single player isn't going to fool anyone into thinking this is a full fledged AAA product
>>
>>334274609
f2p is just another word for p2w. The fact that people everything to be p2w shows what spoiled cunts neo /v/ is. p2w is the cancer killing video games and neo /v/ seems all too ready to support it.
>>
>>334271902

The game does run like hot garbage. It can't maintain 60 fps on a i5 3.4 ghz and r9 270 at 1920x1080 even on the lowest settings. It looks no better than SMNC and yet it runs like shit.
>>
>>334274894
Its running fine on my 270 with an i3. Check your drivers or something.
>>
>>334274609
not him, just saying, I haven't played "That one group from Skyrim", but I have played Overwatch. It ultimately feels like a $30-50 American game with the polish and potential to be great.
Without playing it, Battleborn seems worse overall for a number of reasons.
1. $60 base
2. Season Pass already up and will have 5 "Story + skins and such" DLC (While Overwatch will have free updates with new heroes, maps, etc.)
3. Has skins and shit for MTX (OW does too, but you can earn them 100% through playing the game) This one will depend on final execution, of course.
4. It looks more like a MOBA with FPS elements, while OW feels like the opposite.
>>
File: 1439821485226.jpg (33 KB, 453x500) Image search: [Google]
1439821485226.jpg
33 KB, 453x500
>>334274889
>>
>>334274206
What about eventual delicious fish?
>>
File: 14572129730601.png (858 KB, 734x804) Image search: [Google]
14572129730601.png
858 KB, 734x804
>Game comes out on the 3rd
>Overwatch beta begins on the 3rd (Already Pre-ordered)
>Just bought DaSIII and R&C
>Uncharted 4 on the 10th
>Doom on the 13th
>Mirror's Edge and Overwatch release on the 24th

I dont think releasing a new IP in the middle of a bunch of big, established IP releases was a good idea.
>>
>>334274609
When you make something that looks like a free to play game, people expect it to be that. The developer should have put more content into the game, this would not be a discussion if this had been the case.
>>
>>334274889
>what is Dota 2
>>
>>334274731
>What is pacing
If characters unlock quick enough, it's not a big deal. Depends on how it's executed. Most are shit, especially shitty mobile games like Clash of Clans
>Amass a huge amount of currency that takes weeks to collect and can lose 40% of it at high levels, just before you get to the point you want, just to start an upgrade that takes days/weeks
>>
>>334245720
it was fun until beta patch 13 happened and fucking destroyed everything. it's going to fucking fail worse SMNC it hurt to type that
>>
>>334245720
it was fun until they ruined it
>>
Just another thing about unlocking characters, a few of the higher level ones can be unlocked just by doing the story missions, which while isn't huge or expansive you will probably try at least once.
I've been playing casually and only have 7 people left to unlock, the next of which I will have unlocked within an hour once I jump on again and 3-4 of which I would have already if the story missions were available.
>>
>>334275323
I honestly don't mind Battleborn's unlock system because it's cumulative if you just do it based on ranking. In something like League you have to pick and choose who to buy when in-game currency, and earning up enough for a moderately priced champ takes quite a while. Here you just play and unlock in a set order as you go, or you go for specific challenges which are generally pretty fun and let you focus towards unlocking someone you're particularly interested in earlier WHILE advancing your overall unlock progress.
>>
>>334275168
>its okay when overwatch does it
The marketing on this game has been absolutely terrible though. I have only started seeing ads for it recently.
>>
It's Heroes of the Storm as an FPS.
>>
>>334264274
Who?
>>
>>334275059
you pay for skins in overwatch too
>>
>>334276242
That's why I used the wording "can earn them 100%"
Cause you have the option to buy Boxes in OW that randomly contain stuff you may or may not want, but you get one every account level anyway, so you don't NEED to spend any extra money.
>>
>>334276193
Best support
>>
>>334276469
Reminds me of an outback/biker version of Zarya, if she didn't use a heavy energy cannon.
>>
>>334275003
Does it never drop below 60? You're probably just a pleb who regularly plays games at low framerates and doesn't mind terrible performance.

The game looks like shit so even if you can run it at 60 fps that's still a joke. It should run at hundreds of frames.
>>
>>334276469
What about from behind?
>>
>>334255648

Fuck me glad I wasn't playing on the other team or I would have died laughing at the sight.
>>
>>334276758
I've been getting a steady 120+ so I'm not sure what your complaint is performance wise
>>
File: Render_ISIC.png (332 KB, 2000x1125) Image search: [Google]
Render_ISIC.png
332 KB, 2000x1125
>>334246639
ISIC is the one for more
>>
>>334275059
>without playing it
And into the trash your opinion goes
>>
>>334276867
I don't have one, I'm not the guy you were talking to. Just chiming in because your claim seems fishy to me. Even more so now that you stated 120 fps on an i3. Modern games are notoriously CPU bottlenecked and no Gearbox game has EVER run well. I don't believe you.
>>
>>334276469
>just turned her around in game
MY GOD IT'S FULL OF THICKNESS
Jesus her face looks awful in that though. She looks a lot better in game.
>>
>>334275843
Its not even the quantity or regularity of the ads.

their ads just fucking suck.

Cringeworthy 'humor' that is so painfully, clearly trying to target that 14 year old demographic who's lips still tingle at saying the word "badass".
>>
Who is the developer of this game??
>>
The matchmaking isn't very good, I don't think it matches you against players of similar MMR at all.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 68

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.