[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition instead of
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: maxresdefault.jpg (121 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
121 KB, 1280x720
Anyone else waiting for the inevitable GOTY edition instead of getting it day 1?
>>
>>333928720
That's your prerogative, but haven't all these games received patches within the first month or so that makes enemies weaker and drop more souls? You'll likely be playing an easier version where you'll always have enough souls for whatever you need.

At least you'll get to the PvP meta quicker if that's your thing.
>>
>>333928720
same
>>
>>333928720

I'm waiting a couple years for deals. I don't have a platform that can play it so I'll need one of those too. Hopefully it'll be cheap by then.
>>
Yeah, might even wait for it to go on sale too. Tired of Namco's shit.
>>
>>333928720
I might wait. I'm in no real rush to do a second playthrough.
>>
>>333928720
no you will get spoiled and half of the fun is playing the game blind
>>
File: asian prostitute.jpg (265 KB, 900x1278) Image search: [Google]
asian prostitute.jpg
265 KB, 900x1278
No, because I got it for $32 and even if I paid full price for the season pass, I'd pay less than what you'll pay a year down the line.
>>
Nah most of the fun is in early invasions and not knowing shit about the game.
I'll get the GOTY edition on sale for less than the DLC cost at some point.
>>
>>333931279
I got it for $41 yesterday and even if I paid full price for season pass, I'd be paying less than what retail pays after tax. This is why I love PC, I haven't paid more than $45 for a game at launch since 2010, generally I pay $32-$37 but I waited too long for DaS3
>>
>>333928720
Ill wait for the scholar of the second sin edition
>>
>>333931138
ds3 has no plot, in fact ds games don't even have an antagonist, it's just a setting
>>
>>333931537
How could they justify that on current gen consoles though? I'd understand if they released it in 2019 but they can't exactly sell a remaster of the same game on the same hardware.

DaS2 Scholar happened because it released the year the new consoles came out.
>>
>>333928720
I won't be able to afford the game until a while after release, so I may be forced to get the GOTY edition whenever it comes out.

I really wish I could play at launch. It won't be the same coming in way later and having to catch up with everybody else.
>>
uh no, i want to play the game
>>
>>333931634
>thats the only thing where you can get spoiled
kys nigger
>>
File: 1460178382136.jpg (276 KB, 948x1280) Image search: [Google]
1460178382136.jpg
276 KB, 948x1280
>>333931279
This ladies and gentlemen is an example of when to pre-order a game

The public has had their say with the Japanese version, it's critically acclaimed universally, the PC port is good according to Durante and this anon is paying around 50% less than retail. This is "Steam sale one year down the line"-tier pricing.

Enjoy waiting a year and probably paying more than this dude did.
>>
>>333931874
This anon gets it.
>>
you buyfags can stop sucking each other's dicks now
>>
>>333931874
>critically acclaimed universally
Just like Dark Souls 2 was before release. The only people to have played it outside Japan are streamers or the kind of fanboys willing to double dip just to play a little sooner.

Do you really think they're going to say it's bad?
>>
>>333932765
Dark Souls 2 was still an 8/10 and well worth the $30 I paid for it at launch.
>>
>>333928720
Yep... right here ma mayn. Dark Souls 3 just doesn't seem to have the 'wow factor' that Bloodborne had. Final Fantasy XV should be more than enough to tide me over to get complete edition next year. They'll be able to fully patch and balance out the PVP till then as well. All smart gamers are going for this route. Hell of a lot cheaper as well.
>>
But OP I already got the GOTY edition, aka Deluxe Edition.
>>
>>333928720
I'll be buying the GOTY edition when it's on sale. The way Namco treated the fans by handing over the game to every small-time stream shitter.... makes me want to pirate it though.
>>
>>333931365
Ma nigga!
>>
>>333931138

Horse hockey. I played Dark Souls last year and didn't know anything about it other than a few memes that I couldn't help but see, like "Jolly cooperation" and that most PvP'ers tend to go for backstabs.

Hardly spoilers since I already played Demon's Souls two years previous.
>>
>>333931650
>what's dx12
>what's ps4k
>what's nx
>>
>>333931365
as a person who played both Dark Souls 2 and Bloodborne at release let me tell you that FromSoftware did everything they could so nobody invades anymore.
Even in the very first day you are lucky to be invaded.

also everything has already been leaked by review testers and japs.
>>
>implying dark souls games are goty tier
Try ultimate edition
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.