[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>blizzard shuts down vanilla fan server >OMG WTF BLIZZ
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6
File: image.jpg (27 KB, 540x489) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27 KB, 540x489
>blizzard shuts down vanilla fan server
>OMG WTF BLIZZ THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
>Nintendo shuts down a fans project for Zelda's 30th anniversary
>Yeah that's what you get for not reading the ToS, fucking retard. He deserved it

All together now; "It's ok when Nintendo does it"
>>
>>333927635
>>blizzard shuts down vanilla fan server
>>OMG WTF BLIZZ THIS IS AN OUTRAGE
>>Nintendo shuts down a fans project for Zelda's 30th anniversary
>>Yeah that's what you get for not reading the ToS, fucking retard. He deserved it
>All together now; "It's ok when Nintendo does it"

Retard
>>
well zelda is a shit series so nobody is going to defend a fan project
>>
File: BaitAbstract.gif (68 KB, 300x153) Image search: [Google]
BaitAbstract.gif
68 KB, 300x153
>>333927635
This whole thread is bait
>>
>>333928016
>Bait Apple
>>
except nobody gives a shit about nintendo
>>
File: welp.jpg (28 KB, 335x333) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
28 KB, 335x333
>>333927635

Did you think the "It's okay when nintendo does it" was some kind of meme?

Yeah welcome to nintendrones.
>>
>>333927635
Did you not catch the HUUR YOU ONLY THINK YOU WANTED IT GOY shills that showed up on every forum en mase afterwards?
Also what project was this?
>>
Come on man it's NINTENDO. They're a TOY company surely you can let this one slip my boy!
>>
Nintendo's shut down so many fan projects that it's hard to get worked up about it anymore.
>>
>>333928157
>Also what project was this?

Original Zelda remade on voxels, worked on the browser.

https://youtu.be/pxIPBYbCWZY
>>
>>333928476
>nintendo
>>
>>333927635
Obligatory reminder that if you're making a fan project from a company known to order c&d's and you're dumb enough to let word of it get out you only have yourself to blame
>>
>Zelda
shit

>Vanilla WoW
good
>>
>>333928157
>Also what project was this?
>>
People shit on Nintendo when they did that too, as they should have. And you know that.
Why are you making up what actually happened?

This kind of shit is getting more and more common on /v/ and it's weird. I don't mind shitposting, I shitpost myself a lot, but this ebin new meme of trying to completely change peoples' perception of some totally arbitrary thing that won't affect anything and isn't funny in any real way is different from shitposting.

Is it just that neurotic people who are compulsive liars have realized 4chan is a really convenient outlet for them? Just take some random subject, make up some untrue thing about it, post it, and ah, that's better. Is it like that? I dunno. I'm thinking about it too much probably.
>>
>>333927635

running a legacy server and creating new games based on someone else's intellectual property are not the sae thing anon

altogether now: "/v/ loves false equivalencies"
>>
File: 1332028515329.jpg (142 KB, 700x525) Image search: [Google]
1332028515329.jpg
142 KB, 700x525
>>333927635
Nothing incenses me more than bootlickers. I am kind of thankful I've never had to engage with one in real life because I'm fairly certain I'd wind up in jail.
>>333928504
That's a shame. You'd think they'd be slightly more forgiving of a free thing. Can't have it taking sheckls from their shitty ass eshop though can we?
>>
>>333927635
>>333928817
>put ads on your fan project's page
>expect not to get C&D'd

Gee, I sure can't wait for that AM2R C&D. It's been 8 years, surely it'll come any moment now. :^)
>>
They both had the right to do it, but it doesn't mean I'm happy either of those things are gone

And I've barely seen anyone talk about the Zelda thing, and it's all been negative at the C&D. Maybe I just haven't been in enough threads about it, and missed all the people happy about it.
>>
The difference is I can still play LoZ whenever I want.

Blizzard gives me absolutely no option to player vanilla WoW.
>>
>>333927635
>>333928798
To be fair I hadn't heard of it before this thread.
>inb4 it was never taken down and it's viral shilling
Though it isnt like there havent been threads shitting on fire emblem and the chick that got fired for the last few months.
>>
>>333928976
You can't play it in proper 3d
>>
>>333929018
That's far from relevant here.
>>
>>333928798
Maybe lying is a form of shitposting you fucking autist.
>>
>>333927635
This is my first time hearing about the Blizzard incident

But my 50th time hearing about the Zelda fangame. Both companies are within their rights to do what they did because both projects infringe on their profits.

>But "It's only not okay when Nintendo does it"
>>
>>333927635
>both events happen
>cucks: it's morally justified because it's legally justified
>>
>>333929185
Technically the cuck would be the companies if they let it happen. Why would you let someone make money off shit you made without getting your share?
>>
>>333929249
Maybe because they aren't losing anything and aren't jewish?
>>
>>333927635
>these are the same people

No, OP, fuck off.
>>
>>333929415
In my experience, every single fan project I've seen shut down by Nintendo was done so because the fans were looking to make money in return, generally by running ads on a webpage or something similar.
>>
>>333928803
They actually basically are in this case because the "fan game" is just the original Zelda in 3D.

Both companies are well within their rights to try and stop someone from literally giving their products away for free.
>>
it's okay when Nintendo does it. Fuck off hater.
>>
>>333929634

Make yourself more obvious.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.