[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Until Dawn
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Until Dawn.jpg (157 KB, 1200x742) Image search: [Google]
Until Dawn.jpg
157 KB, 1200x742
Just finished this today, what did you guys think about this walking simulator?

Better than Teltale's ones?

Is it worth collecting all the totems?
>>
I thought it was cool but needed more choices which is hard for a game to do the way it's done in a Choose Your Own Adventure book for kids.

It's better than Telltale's since theirs are just stories that you self-insert in.

Totems are shit and hardly help except the yellow ones.
>>
File: dathairAC.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
dathairAC.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>333926923

Why is the so shit?
Its literally a corridor walking sim, its not like there is anything much to calculate.
>>
>>333929530

why is the hair*

fuck
>>
>>333926923
Is this game like a David Cage game but actually good and you're choices matter?
>>
Didnt have a PS4 at the time so i watched two lets plays of it to get different experiences, the talent and story was fantastic.
>>
wow this game is still $60? what the actual fuck i thought its going to be like 15 bucks by now.
>>
>>333929530
god damn this is some uncanny valley shit, that hair is incredible
>>
File: 1446504253986.jpg (106 KB, 300x449) Image search: [Google]
1446504253986.jpg
106 KB, 300x449
>Telltale say they're working with another developer for a new project
>Use promo shots very similar to the aesthetic of Until Dawn's live action stuff
>damn that could be an interesting mix
>turns out they're just doing a shitty port to consoles of 7 Days to Die
>>
I liked it a lot, although I wouldn't pay full price for it.

It was essentially just a longer (good) B movie that never felt like it overstayed it's welcome.

The twists were fun and the pacing was great. The characters were also interesting and surprisingly likable.
>>
Any good let's play ? Don't have a ps4 but i enjoyed this type of game. Would prefer a new gabriel knight, but fuck will do with what I can have.
>>
>>333926923
I enjoyed it. I bought it to play with my gf, but one day I took my cousin to work with me and we finished the whole game in one night on my shift. We had a lot of fun. Its a good game, but I don't feel compelled to replay it, although my unfinished play through with my gf played out differently to show that your choices really matter an impressive amount for these kinds of games.

Also, /v/ doesn't seem to like the second half of the game, but I personally really enjoyed it.
>>
>>333930103
I think its only $40 on PSN
>>
JUST
>>
Best movie on the console.

Really though its pretty good recommended.
>>
Until Dawn is way better than anything by Quantic Dream or Telltale (except Tales of Monkey Island). Your choices actually matter in that you can keep everyone alive.

Telltale is shit.
>>
I rented it. Thoroughly enjoyable for $2. Definitely up there in my top games of 2015.
>>
>>333931165 here

Forgot to add how lame it was that some parts were rigged. There's the part with the lever (you know what I'm talking about) where if you try to select the girl instead of Josh to die, it'll always pick Josh, which can be rationalized in the story, but then there's the part where you're Chris and you go out with the old man to check on Josh and you have to hold the controller still so you don't get spotted, but its literally impossible to succeed, even if you put the controller down on a table, so you can't not get spotted and the old man has to die. Not sure what other parts are like that, but I know of those two for sure. Still a great game though.
>>
>>333926923
I don't think you know what walking simulators are.
>>
>>333929735
Kinda? Every character can die or live by the end. Most choices aren't just straight up A/B routes though, so it does a much better job with creating the illusion of choices mattering. For example, giving a weapon to someone might be useful for them later, or might just give them a different way to get themselves killed. Compared to a David Cage game where you're given a ton of choices that you immediately know will never matter. Until Dawn also rewards you for exploring areas by giving you small glimpses of events that happen later in the game, and you get to figure out when you reach that event and what that glimpse was actually trying to tell you to do.

It does suffer from a similar problem to Heavy Rain though. Like Heavy Rain, most of the actual consequences end up being the result of failing QTEs. In Heavy Rain, it's basically impossible to fail them so it's pretty rare for people to actually see a lot of the outcomes. In Until Dawn, they really love to use a "don't move the controller" style QTE which works well with the type of game it is, but feels kind of cheap when it's responsible for the vast majority of opportunities for characters to die.

All in all, it tends to be more enjoyable than most walking simulators because of what it is. Being a playable horror movie where anyone can die means even the choices that are less meaningful can still make you doubt their outcome, and you also tend to be fine with a bad outcome because deaths are all part of the horror movie experience.
>>
Easiest platinum trophy on ps4
>>
>>333930103
It is like $15 if you go to target
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.