[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I've always wondered something. Maybe you guys can answer.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: Dark Souls 1.jpg (106 KB, 1600x1000) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls 1.jpg
106 KB, 1600x1000
I've always wondered something. Maybe you guys can answer.

In Dark Souls, you can sometimes see the ghostly image of other players. Can they see a ghostly image of you?
>>
Yes. It's other people playing
>>
yeah. space and time dun goofed all over each other

may as well ask here: was griggs locked in that room with his own corpse? he never mentions being locked up with someone else.
>>
Yeah, you can.
>>
>>333914005
No, i mean, in that moment, can they see you? Do you appear to them at the same time?
>>
No. You need to accumulate a certain amount of speed within 12 hours for them to see you.
>>
>>333914176

I'm fairly certain they can. I've had folks turn specifically to my direction and wave at me before.
>>
>>333914176
I've never seen anyone react to anything I do so no i don't think they see you simultaneously
>>
Ive wondered this too. Sometimes they emote in my general direction. Makes me wonder, really makes me wonder.
>>
I always try to emote when I see but they always disappear before I finish
>>
File: akarin.jpg (82 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
akarin.jpg
82 KB, 1280x720
>>333914406
same here. maybe they just don't care.
>>
>>333913959
I think i read somewhere saying they're 15 seconds behind real time
>>
>>333914382
Why are you lying
>>
>>333914079
What are you talking about? He's not locked up with anyone.
>>
>>333914176
I've had people attack at me because I scared them. So, yes, when you see them they see you.
>>
I'm almost certain some of those ghosts are fake other players. Especially the ones that appear at bonfires.
>>
>>333914669

Unless the truth as I understand it is a lie... I am not.
>>
>Can they see a ghostly image of you?
I don't think so. All those times in Dark Souls 2 seeing someone at the bonfire, doing the traditional double shield dance and never getting one back.

Nope, they can't.
>>
>>333914916
It's okie homie-kun.
I believe in you.
>>
File: 1460096536627.png (474 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1460096536627.png
474 KB, 1920x1080
Would a kind anon like to gift me BB DLC pls
>>
>>333914879
>I'm almost certain some of those ghosts are fake other players. Especially the ones that appear at bonfires.
Nope. Play offline and you won't see a single one. They're real, it's just not real-time.
>>
>>333914758

you break a barrel and there's the sorcerer set inside. which is pretty much how you get all the other sets in the game: off corpses.
>>
How come I see people at the bonfire like I can see their gear and stuff can they see me
>>
>>333914968
Ever consider that maybe they were doing something, or not there?

When I'm playing I usually get up and do something else as my character. Chalantly sits there, and contemplates living.
>>
>>333913959
The real question is why can ghosts make a parry sound?
>>
>>333915142
get with the times, grandpa. all the cool kids are playing DaS3.
>>
>>333915224

george lucas
>>
>>333915205
Oh that. Nah they never say who it is but it could be assumed the school sent more than just Griggs after Logan. Griggs just happened to be undead and the other dude wasn't.
>>
>>333914669
I don't think he is. I've seen this too I think. I never knew for sure if they were waving at me though.
>>
Can your character stay standing on a ladder indefinitely? I feel like you fall off at some point if you just stand on one but I could be wrong.
>>
>>333914606
This. Easily proven if you're communicating with some else who is playing. Sometimes the system even fucks up and makes a ghost of what you yourself were doing a few seconds ago.

However, sometimes the times are close enough for people to react. I've had ghost/bonfire ghost emote/shield spaz interactions before.
>>
The game takes recordings of random players when they walk near bonfires and sends them to connected nodes when the recipient gets close to a bonfire. If you see someone at a bonfire, they were there in the time since you turned on the game, but unless get super lucky you aren't going to see anything "live" and even then its at least a couple second delay.

But every time you see a ghost the game is recording you to send to others so wave or something
>>
>>333915237
But it doesn't came out for a day and a half for me. I got it at gamestop for ps4...
PLEASE! I need it to hold me over
>>
>>333915420
You can stay indefinitely, I've idled on ladders before. Took me back to my Maplestory days.
>>
>>333915454
That's quite possibly the grubbiest and most selfish thing I've ever read.

Killself plz.
>>
>>333915454
Hey I ordered a pizza, but it won't be hear for an hour. Can I have your sandwhich to hold me over?

Fuck you.
>>
Ok guys enough joking around. Just someone buy me the Bloodborne DLC pls. Im very poor neet and my mom will only get me one game a month and this month it's dark souls...
I dont wanna wait another fucking month for the BB dlc so PLEASE
>>
>>333915454
fucking gross kill yourself. try reading a book or something you fucking whiny autismo
>>
>>333915454
whats your email, id,etc
>>
>>333915857
Jesus Christ dude.
>>
>>333914176
There might be some lag but I was testing this literally the other day by waving at them and they sometimes they stop walking at look back at me only one person started waving back as they were disappearing
Sounds weird to test but I had to know it was bugging me and Google search results were iffy
>>
>>333915142
sent ;)
>>
>>333915857
When I was growing up my mom could barely afford to put ramen in my mouth. Let alone buy me vidya every month.

You entitled little shit.

MODS.
>>
>>333915857
If that was a serious post, I would tell you to reconsider your entire life.

But it's just boring bait, so I'll post a number to be interpreted as a score out of a maximum of ten points.

>>
>>333915184

Well then I think they are just playbacks of shit recorded by the server at some point in the past. I've done enough playthroughs of the DaS games now to realize I keep seeing the same ghosts doing the exact same shit at the exact same points in the playthrough. It seems to be especially more noticeable in DaS2.
>>
>>333915986
BB btw
>>
>>333916148
>they are just playbacks of shit recorded by the server at some point in the past
No shit, it could be anywhere from five seconds to weeks or maybe even longer.
>>
>>333915857
give me your email or id or whatever you fucking spaz. unless you dont want it.
>>
>>333915857
fucking 10/10 bait, lol i actually believed this guy for a sec
>>
>>333915897
really anon? Ok my email is [email protected]
PLEASE BE SERIOUS>>333916317
>>
>>333916401
You fucked up
>>
>>333916351
Thank you, thank you ;)

I try.
>>
>>333916351
10/10 should mean nobody realised it was bait.
>>
>>333914669

Is true, they can see you back

>painted world yesterday
>qt pyromancer sitting at the bonefire
>I was farming so I have the mimic head
>wave at her
>she bows
>>
>>333916425
How? Pls just give me the DLC. I have all day tomorrow to play and sometime tuesday before gamestop opens to beat the dlc before DaS3.
;_;
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.