[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fire Emblem Fate or Stella Glow?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18
File: ryogcba2y6t2qapxqwty.jpg (91 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ryogcba2y6t2qapxqwty.jpg
91 KB, 1280x720
Which should I get? I want the opinions of people who played and finished both games.
>>
You already know the answer
>>
>>333913640
Fates, played about 80% of both games. If you're in this for strategy fates wins hands down, same goes for waifus if you're into that kind of thing.
>>
crack your 3ds and get both, that's what I did

if you get Fates you better get fucking conquest or you'll be sorely disappointed with difficulty. Stella Glow isn't hard at all if you're into tactics games, and it's pretty simplistic (no classes/jobs), but it has a good plot and is a comfy game. FE Conquest has absolute garbage plot and some fun levels. Both have good waifus
>>
File: 1449033425666.gif (951 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1449033425666.gif
951 KB, 500x384
I thought Stella glow was a great game, I don't think I've liked a game's characters this much since Persona4.
I also like fates, I'm still playing fates even now, but I think Stella glow has better story and characters.

So basically, get one, pirate the other, or pirate both. I don't give a fuck.
>>
>>333914808
>>333916204

Well the story is usually my main motivation to finish an RPG so Stella Glow it is. Thanks anons.
>>
>>333914808
>>333916204
>comfy
>waifus
>Persona 4
Jesus fuck when did /v/eddit become worse than tumblr
>>
>>333916520
please don't. Stella glow's story is generic anime, And it's gameplay is actually just bad. you only ever field 6 units, the gameplay is incredibly slow and the attack animations are lame.
>>
>>333917512
I can really see myself dropping FE if the story really is complete garbage though...
>>
>>333914610
that boob strap feels and looks drawn in a wrong way

this rustles my drawfag jimmies
>>
File: japan(us).jpg (2 MB, 2600x2902) Image search: [Google]
japan(us).jpg
2 MB, 2600x2902
>>333914610
Every
Fucking
Time
>>
>>333919142
While the story isn't great, it is bearable. I finished Birthright and it was okay, got better towards the end. I am on chapter 15 of Conquest and it's fun, the huge difficulty spike and different maps with objectives really makes it worthwhile.
>>
Pirate dates if you can. No Special edition, no buy.
>>
File: 589.jpg (273 KB, 2524x2524) Image search: [Google]
589.jpg
273 KB, 2524x2524
>>333913640
>not even a waifufag
>this cutscene

Where can they possibly go from perfection? They went too far this time.
>>
I've only played fates, so my opinion is worthless to you, but I'm bumping your thread.
>>
File: 1456047753388.png (132 KB, 297x353) Image search: [Google]
1456047753388.png
132 KB, 297x353
>>333916204

I'm really like Stella Glow so far, currently in chapter 8 I think. Currently fighing Hilda on the top of the tower with all 4 Witches..

The battles just seem to drag on for so fucking long. I've played through FFT multiple times, and I don't remember them being this long. Now I only play it when I have a few hours to kill. I'm looking forward to finishing it and sticking it back on the shelf.
>>
File: Zephiel_&_Guinivere.png (99 KB, 200x362) Image search: [Google]
Zephiel_&_Guinivere.png
99 KB, 200x362
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0bGjlvukgHU
>>
If you want good gameplay, nohr, get Fe since it actually requires strategies to finish the game. Its pretty much exactly what you expect from an fe game, strategies and resetting everytime your unit dies. I got 47 hours with most of it involves me fucking up in the maps.
If you want an easy feel good game with good vocal tracks, style over substance, get stella. Game is heavy on character interaction and gameplay for an srpg is shit. Not saying stella is shit but game is babby awakening tier easy where you can bumrush maps without grind, the op rogues, and fill out secondary conditions without dying. I beat the game at 50 hours.
Both games have shit stories so its just a matter of gameplay or presentation.
>>
File: 1459677310761.png (78 KB, 480x492) Image search: [Google]
1459677310761.png
78 KB, 480x492
>>333922971
>resetting everytime your unit dies
>>
File: 1458438431631.jpg (20 KB, 343x343) Image search: [Google]
1458438431631.jpg
20 KB, 343x343
>>333922971

>resetting everytime your unit dies
>>
>>333923039
>>333923108
Im. REALLY shit at srpgs. And if i didnt i would just be steamrolling fucking maps with a high level corrin at that point i might as well not play.
>>
>>333923202
So am I. but even so I managed to beat conquest with 2/3rds of everyone dead.
>>
>>333923276
Different strokes. Youre better than me at the game. So what? Am i triggering you because im not playing it the way you want me to?
>>
File: long time no see.png (132 KB, 415x415) Image search: [Google]
long time no see.png
132 KB, 415x415
>>333923039
>tfw lost Laslow the same chapter he's introduced
I deserve it. I made a really fucking stupid mistake so resetting would feel too cheap.
>>
Well, not sure about the other one but.
Fates has a really shit story, decent gameplay-although you could just emulate the GBA FE games for the same effect- and incredibly lackluster characters and DLC. I'm saying this as someone with 200+ hours on it.
>>
>>333913640
Stella glow has a better story and the deaths doesn't feel forced.
>>
Stella Glow's story is serviceable, I guess, but its gameplay is REALLY fucking slow even when you turn off the animations. Maps have variety but their gimmicks are more tedious than fun. Ditto enemy passive skills which seem designed solely to drag out fights. The singing mechanic is fun the first few times when you become absurdly overpowered and wipe whole maps with its effect, but they seem to think it's fun enough to carry the whole game and it's not.

Fates has a stupid-ass story but the combat is so much smoother by comparison. And no matter what route you take there's gotta be SOMEBODY in the army you enjoy.
>>
>>333923108
>>333923276
>not resetting when you lose someone

wow people are really that dumb?
>>
>>333924268
You live with your idiocy.
>>
>>333921628
It's better when the animators are WW2 propaganda screaming "FOR GRORIOUS NIPPON!"
>>
File: Characters_-_Suikoden_5.jpg (745 KB, 1600x1200) Image search: [Google]
Characters_-_Suikoden_5.jpg
745 KB, 1600x1200
>>333923039
I bet you get upset when people say they use guides to find all the stars of destiny in the Suikoden games.
>>
>>333925243
Why would I?
>>
>>333925349
Because both can result in missable characters/content, the same reason people reset if a character dies in FE.
>>
>>333925453
A character dying is you fucking up.
Using a guide to get something is not.
>>
>>333925553
>Using a guide to get something is not.

It actually is, have you even played the games?

>A character dying is you fucking up.

And people are willing to replay the entire map for it because they don't want to miss out on said character (which they could've liked).
I could understand you if you were talking about Phoenix mode, but this is people actually taking the punishment by having to replay the map.
>>
>>333925745
If they're that upset about losing a character why in the fuck are they not playing casual mode then?
>>
>>333925826
Because they want to accomplish clearing the game with no deaths?
>>
>>333925935
>units have to die in casual runs
>>
>>333925826
If you don't understand how it affects how you play during the actual maps then you're not very bright.

It creates tension because you DON'T want them to die. If characters can't die then there is no tension. With tension the game becomes more engaging to play.
It's also more satisfying to finish the game with no characters dying over finishing the game where characters got ressurected.
>>
>>333926307
So it all falls on you feeling better about yourself for overcoming something you didn't need to do in the first place.
If anything I have less sympathy for resetters now.
>>
>>333927030
>So it all falls on you feeling better about yourself for overcoming something you didn't need to do in the first place.

Nice fallacy.

In any case, you're not more hardcore for just keep on playing if a character dies.
>>
>>333927030
Well you know, you don't have to clear any game on Normal difficulty, you can just play on Easy or Very Easy.
>>
>>333927136
It's not about hardcore, why would you explicitly go into the mode where death is permanent if you are just gonna reset? It takes the fun out of it.
The argument presented is just to feel good about doing it.

>>333927183
And if it's too hard then you play on a difficulty setting you can handle.
>>
>>333927273
>The argument presented is just to feel good about doing it.
And since when is this ever a bad way to play any video game?
>>
I, for one, enjoy missing out on content every time a character dies.
>>
Don't buy censored garbage.
>>
>>333927273
>why would you explicitly go into the mode where death is permanent if you are just gonna reset?

I already explained this to you, if you're too thick or illiterate to understand then just say so.

>It takes the fun out of it.

This is precisely what it doesn't do. Removing consequences for failiure is the easiest way to suck the joy out of something.
>>
>>333924268

>Not playing the game ironman style

How about you go back to Normal/Phoenix then if having all your characters mean so much to you?
>>
File: 145773856353.png (22 KB, 275x200) Image search: [Google]
145773856353.png
22 KB, 275x200
I don't play FE games but it sounds like people reset when a character dies because they genuinely care about how it affects the story and think the characters disinvolvement could be detrimental to it. That and/or it adds an extra layer of difficulty (same reason some people play modes where you die in one hit in other games).

On the flip side, people who don't reset want to live with their mistakes and most likely don't care how a character's disinvolvement would affect the story. They probably want to feel more emotionally attached to the character so if they do die, they know they're gone for good.

Don't any reason to fight over which way to play is better, they're both shitty ways of playing a game.
>>
>>333927603
Don't bring up lack of consequence when you're just gonna reset.
If you don't then you will need to change tactics on the fly and use units you may have not used before to overcome challenges that another unit you lost earlier could have done better.
>>
>>333927603

>Forcing yourself to proceed with one less usable character
>No consquences

Let me guess, you think save scumming is also a legitimate way of getting through most difficult games right?
If you eliminate the possibility of total failure from losing all of your good units and doing the final chapter with a few pre-promotes, you're just turtling towards certain victory with no chance of a complete game over. I'm not going to sugarcoat this for you, but I think you might be a casual.
>>
>>333927873
It's because of elitism. People look down on other for not playing the way they do, in particular the people that go
>hurrr, you reset after a character dies? fucking fag

I don't even play this series anymore but what annoyed me if anything was the durability on items (even stuff like legendary swords) and the amount of RNG the series has. I always prefered their AW series.

>>333927982
What the fuck are you talking about? Do you even read other people's post or do you just type whatever pops into your head even if it isn't relevant?
Or is this some deranged red herring approach you're taking?
>>
>>333928256
>>Forcing yourself to proceed with one less usable character
>>No consquences

You're illiterate, I get it.

What I have argued with the other idiot (or maybe that's you?) is that the reason you don't play something like Phoenix mode or w/e to avoid character deaths is because it removes consequence and tension.
This is why people play normally (where character can die) but reset if a character dies.

Did you understand what I was saying this time?
>>
>>333928274
So you either can't read or just have no argument then.
You brought up that removing consequence for failure was a reason why not to play casual, but then you go and reset which removes the consequence anyways.
The rest of the argument is that people want to do a classic run with no one dying, even tough that's not the fucking point of classic.
You're supposed to be careful and live with your mistakes, so that when you do fuck up you need to come up with a new way of overcoming the problem.
>>
>>333928413
>I like the tension of maybe losing my unit forever
>but will reset like a pussy when it does happen
I repeat, what is even the fucking point then?
>>
>>333928413

The only consequence of playing normally while reseting is just wasted time. There's literally no gameplay difference between the two. Again, if you're going to reset every time you lose a character, you might as well play on phoenix/casual. All you're doing is arguing yourself into a loop.
>>
>>333928674
Even if I played on Casual, I'd still reset because losing a character fucks them out of exp and that shit goes a long way to fuck you up if you let it happen too much.

And the difference is having to start a level over when you die, and being able to continue anyways even though you fucked up. Maybe you'd rather all video games have deaths be removed? After all, dying in any video game just wastes the time it takes to get back to the point you died at.
>>
Why are people acting superior over anything in Fire Emblem, when everyone who bought Fates took it up the ass from Nintendo?

I mean if you paid money for it, and it wasn't a used copy, you might as well print on your forehead that you enjoy licking boot.
>>
>>333928558
>You brought up that removing consequence for failure was a reason why not to play casual, but then you go and reset which removes the consequence anyways.

You're fucking retarded.
Being forced to reset and having to replay the map IS the consequence, you fucking idiot. It's basically treating even a single character death as a game over.

>You're supposed to be careful

Yes being 'forced' to reset creates tension and makes you play more carefully and seriously.

Stop fucking trying to claim that what you think is objective truth, you fucking moron. You're a fucking elitist yet don't even realize it.

And before you say something retarded like I'm shit or a casual, I am not talking about myself here. In fact I am someone that enjoys extreme challenge and have most likely beaten far more difficult games than you, so don't even think of starting that kind of shit.

>>333928628
I have literally already explained it to you several times. If you're too thick or illiterate then too bad. I can't make a blind man see.
>>
>>333928674
I have explained why and the differences, if you still can't comprehend then that is the limit of your intelligence and not my problem.
>>
>>333929002
>Why are people acting superior over anything in Fire Emblem

Because people want to try and add value to their existance by belittning others. Pathetic, I know.
>>
File: invincibility-leaf.png (24 KB, 240x215) Image search: [Google]
invincibility-leaf.png
24 KB, 240x215
>this argument right now
>>
>>333929016
Redoing the map is a slap on the wrist at best, since you're memorizing it and making strategies for it and can better make your moves instead of being tossed into a new challenge and with one less member to spare so the two don't even compare.
In fact playing casual mode is better since it prevents you from doing that with the maps and enemies.
You call others blind but in truth you're own eyes are shut.

>>333929002
I agree, anyone who bought Fates deserves to lose they're waifu.
Double so for those that defend the shit localization and two version bullshit.
>>
>>333928942

>Not understanding how death permanence works

Do you honestly think people who play Hardcore mode in Diablo-esque games do it just for kicks and giggles? They do it for the challenge and knowing the fact that once they die, it's permanent and they know it. They're not going to wiggle their way out of it by resetting.

>>333929016
>>333929131

All you've done so far was justifying save scumming. That's literally all you've done. When you reset and attempt to redo a chapter, the only thing you've lost in consequence was a few minutes. You've eliminated the probability of a completely fucked playthrough and then brag to all your friends about how you've beaten Lunatic+Classic with all your characters intact because all you've done was savescum your way to victory.

There's a reason why some games have Hardcore modes, because of the possibility that your mistakes have fucking permanence.
>>
>>333929371
>still thinks that his own opinions and views are objective facts

It's almost funny how delusional you are.

Well it's crystal clear that you're not an intelligent or reasonable person, so no point in wasting my time on you anymore.
>>
File: a face you can trust.jpg (81 KB, 442x383) Image search: [Google]
a face you can trust.jpg
81 KB, 442x383
>>333929689
>I have lost, so I will claim victory while belittling you
That's cute.
Now bend over.
>>
>>333929689
Sorry dude but you're both retarded as fuck. Also save scumming and resetting is almost the same thing. You're just taking failure out of the equation in exchange of wasting time. But whatever floats your boat (not gonna tell you how to play a videogame that can be played in many ways).
>>
File: 1460074235441.png (40 KB, 392x200) Image search: [Google]
1460074235441.png
40 KB, 392x200
>>333929991
>>
Stella Glow is the only thing pulling the 3DS's garbage library out of the dumpster. Just grab the undub and a NG+ save file first, you'll enjoy it far more that way.
>>
>>333930616
What does NG+ have?
>>
>>333930880
3x as many Free Time slots, so you'll be able max affinity with every character and either max out part time jobs or exploration items. Otherwise, you'll only be able to see all affinity events and epilogues for 4 witches and 1 side character, with planning.
>>
>>333931310
Cool. Do you think you could link me a save? Can't seem to find any. Specifically for the undub if that matters.
>>
>>333931782
Just search stella glow in 3dsiso and ctrl+f ng+
>>
>>333913640
I loved stella glow at first but I can't be assed to finish it even though I'm at the last chapter. Fights just drag on forever and the game's pace is glacial that it's actually unbearable.

It's a shame though because SG's writing is really nice.
>>
File: JodoraMain.png (186 KB, 316x814) Image search: [Google]
JodoraMain.png
186 KB, 316x814
>>333913640
>>
File: BestGirl.jpg (175 KB, 400x240) Image search: [Google]
BestGirl.jpg
175 KB, 400x240
Stella Glow has a better story and characters. Gameplay is slow compared to FE.
>>
With Stella Glow, I hope you're ready to fight the final boss over and over again to see each character ending.
>>
>>333936973
You only need to suspend save when it has low health and deal the finishing blow again
Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.