[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>anon dead space is so scary >anon play it Never did,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
File: Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (58 KB, 256x320) Image search: [Google]
Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg
58 KB, 256x320
>anon dead space is so scary
>anon play it

Never did, but it's free with games with gold, and what the fuck? Finished it tonight and even on hard using only plasma cutter for the achievement this shit was a boring snooze fest. Did it just age poorly?
>>
>>333904176
No, you just played the game with a negative mentality.
The games actually great.
>>
>>333904291
I went in expecting a scary horror game as it's been told to me it would be over and over since 2008. Not a negative mentality. And also was expecting it to be the slightest challenging, it being survival horror and all. Fuck, they shouldve let me play on insane the first playthrough. The evil within did the same thing. Why do horror games force you to play on boring difficulties?
>>
>>333904176
I thought the story was pretty stupid . Seriously ? The valor had a bunch of fucking SPACE MARINES , and they couldn't kill one necromorph ?
>>
I think you went into it with the wrong expectations. It's less of a survival horror game with shooter elements and more of a shooter with survival horror elements. Play on a harder difficulty if you want a more fun expedience
>>
>>333904440
because they want you to experience the game first and then "struggle" with the hardest difficulty.

i wish it had an invisible necromorph mode, might be a challenge then
>>
>>333905058
Nigger I just said I played as difficult as if would let me my first run through
>>
>>333905346
Wow, it sure is exciting to just walk through hallways and occasionally shoot a Jew or a nigger now and then. Glad they let me experience it before "struggling" with a challenge
>>
Protip: turn the music off. The game is substantially better when you don't have what are essentially enemy alert sirens blaring whenever you're in danger.
>>
>>333904931
Narrative gameplay disconnect was a huge issue.

It would have made a hell of a lot more sense if ALL of the necros were like the regenerator, in that you could only temporarily put them down.

>>333904176
It's more of a viceral horror, but it wasn't really all the scary.
If you're genre savvy at all, you'll be able to call every single spawn point.
Though, they did a lot to increase immersion. Like the vacuum segments.

But, since you -can- kill everything, AND it's actually easier to get the 1-gun achievement, because ammo only spawns for weapons you have on you.
>>
>>333904176
It's a fun game but your friends telling you it's scary are normies, it's time to move on
>>
Didn't scare me but I love it.
>>
>>333905852
I was constantly selling ammo for guns I didn't have, this is bullshit.
>>
Disregarding obvious bait, is 2 worth playing if I kinda liked 1?
>>
Making a game exactly the right amount of difficult for every single player is tricky. That said, locking difficulty modes is completely inexcusable.
>>
>>333906051
Right, forgot they might have patched that at some point.

Some still spawned, even on my 1-gun-run, especially when they were giving me the next new one.

>>333906169
2 is a proper sequel. Even 3 is good enough to play. Even though you'll probably see why it gets flak.

But 2 is pretty much everything 1 is, with a little bit more polish.
>>
>>333906169

Yes. Most people think it's the best of the series.
>>
File: 170.gif (175 KB, 300x100) Image search: [Google]
170.gif
175 KB, 300x100
>>333904176
>G-gguys I-I wa-wasnt' scared one bit. I swear
Good for you anon. I wish we were all so brave and might as you sir. We poor pussies actually got scared playing through this game. What faggots we are, but wait you are OP, so that doesn't add up now does it?
>>
File: 1460322007055.jpg (71 KB, 384x313) Image search: [Google]
1460322007055.jpg
71 KB, 384x313
>>333906302
More polish? I mean 1 was decent but if 2 is only just a bit more polished I'll pass. I got the 1000 and don't have incentive to come back to the series if its only just "polished"
>>
>>333906169
>Disregarding obvious bait, is 2 worth playing if I kinda liked 1?
2 is a direct improvement over 1 and a pretty great action game in general. It's even less scary than the first, but the first isn't scary anyway. There's a hardcore mode where you get less resources and only 3 saves so that's pretty cool
>>
>>333906521
Don't forget, no checkpoints. Those three saves are it.
>>
File: 1460060640099.jpg (90 KB, 500x492) Image search: [Google]
1460060640099.jpg
90 KB, 500x492
>>333906448
>M muh bucket sounds
>M muh spooky aliems but they were people????
>woah if you don't shoot them.. You'll die
If you unironically think dead space 1 is scary you need to go back to r/gaming
>that gif
>the Reddit talk

Wow thanks for exposing yourself.
>>
>>333906696
Nothing is universally scary.
>>
>>333904176
There was nothing wrong with the game, but the fear factor is incredibly blown out of proportion. I started with 2 first when it launched and found myself in your shoes. Going to one was like a walk in the park.
>>
>>333904176
Is it scary? No, most of the scares are really predictable. If you go in expecting Silent Hill or something, you're probably going to be disappointed.

Is it a fucking great game? Hell yes.
>>
>>333906508
DS2's combat is much more fluid and "modernized" (X to reload, quick buttons for stasis packs, etc.) and there more varied environments and enemies, rather than the rusty steel hallways of the Ishimura fighting constant Slashers.

Weapons have been rebalanced too. Pulse Rifle has a grenade launcher rather than a useless turret thing, Ripper has a shorter distance but a larger blade, Flamethrower sticks fire to enemies longer and it can be used in vacuum.

It's a lot of little things that end up making a better whole.
>>
>>333907672
What was scary about Silent Hill?
>>
>>333907982
Beats me, I don't play horror games. I just assumed SH was the posterchild for them.
>>
>>333907982
Mindfuck moments and people rearranging the chairs when you're not looking.
>>
File: Dead Space 2.jpg (478 KB, 3150x4200) Image search: [Google]
Dead Space 2.jpg
478 KB, 3150x4200
>>333907739
>there more varied environments
I agree with the whole post, but this especially. DS2 feels way more rounded out than 1.

It also has more memorable moments/setpieces and better zero g gameplay.
>>
>>333904176
Try it with the sound off, that helps for some reason.
>>
>>333908424
Music off* fuck.
>>
>>333908424
>missing out on DS's top tier sound design
>>
>>333904440
It was great imo. Wasnt scary though. More thrilling and creepy. Majority of people are soft ass bitches that a single light jump scare is horrifying to them. As such is the age we live in where everyone is a soft faggot
>>
In hindsight with this current 3D craze, simply doing an HD VR remake of the original would be pretty bad-ass.

I'd say it's be a good justification for seeing how a full-body vibration suit worked out for VR game sales; as in have like a little plat that can vibrate on your forearm, little pauldrons, chest strip, stomache strip, back strip, crotch strip (because hwy the fuck not) thigh strips calf strips. Actually that sounds unwieldy as fuck but don't lie you'd use that shit at a mall for a twenty dollar fee assuming it didn't have grime and boogers on it
>>
>>333904176
This is the last game I played wit my nigga before he overdosed
>>
>>333909853
Why would you befriend drug addicts?
>>
yeah, it's not scary at all. woman at the counter at the store I bought it from said it was the scariest game she's played. obviously she's never played Siren, Fatal Frame, even Silent Hill.

it's not a bad game though. it's actually one of the best shooters on the ps3.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.