[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Nostalrius is dead.... I just got my character to level 60. I
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
Nostalrius is dead.... I just got my character to level 60. I haven't been this upset over a game in a long time. Anyone else out there pissed off?
>>
File: QBGUUSo.jpg (246 KB, 1680x1050) Image search: [Google]
QBGUUSo.jpg
246 KB, 1680x1050
Also general blizzard confirmed shit thread.
>>
don't forget to preorder legion
>>
>>333891670
The cycle continues.
>>
>>333891360
As much as it stings to have it shut down, you have to understand that blizzard was well within their right to do so. Nost was their game but for free, so in a sense you are "pirating" the game(seeing how the only "real" way to play WoW is to be subscribed).
>>
>>333892583
Yeah I can understand that but still hurts man.
>>
We get it your shitty unapproved wow server got shut down, now stop making threads.
>>
Since I'm not a nostalgiafag I never touched some shitty private server
>>
>>333891670
already preordered the collector's edition :^)
>>
>>333893836
>>333892583
I think what hurts the most is that Blizz won't take away anything from it aside from "they were potential subs making us lose money by playing on a free server" while maintaining that retarded stance on Legacy servers. "You think you want it, but you don't."
>>
>>333891669

this image isn't even clever

is it trying to imply that if Legion tanks there'll be a WotLK 2? Bolvar's involvement in Legion was planned the whole time
>>
nobody fucking cares bro
i put a lot of days into my 60, but nothing is going to change blizzard's mind
stop being a little bitch and move on with your life
>>
>>333892583
it was their game, the game that they aren't willing to sell to us. how do you even pirate a game that doesn't exist?
>>
>>333894092
EQ tried legacy servers, didn't work out. Of course it's a completely different fanbase, but Blizz might still be taking that into consideration.
>>
>>333891360
Who is that boy?
>>
>>333894408
Project 1999 is still going through, its just everyone who cared about old EQ jumped on the WOW bandwagon years ago.
>>
File: 1.jpg (138 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
138 KB, 1024x768
why aren't you playing the superior private server that will never be shut down?
>>
Everyone I know that played it only played it because it was free. Vanilla was hot fucking garbage.
>>
>>333894249
It's still their IP.

Nos and the developers gained a lot of fame using their IP. If they want to not get shutdown they can create their assets\client and release it as it's own MMO but they won't because then they will just be some shitty indie mmo developers.

They profited from the name of WoW and that's bullshit from Blizzards perspective.
>>
>>333894484
Not talking about 1999, which has maintained a steady little community as a private server like many others. I'm talking about official legacy servers. Server pop was nice for a month or so, but it died awfully fast.

There's also the issue of Blizzard not having any version of vanilla WoW readily on-hand, they would have to scrape shit together from whatever assets they have and likely rip off the work of the private servers they're fighting.
>>
File: clapping.webm (663 KB, 488x318) Image search: [Google]
clapping.webm
663 KB, 488x318
>>333894692

I fail to believe that the world can profit from a man's dick
>>
>>333894490

Man, fuck the BDA. They were punk-ass bitches in the original NWN, they're punk-ass bitches now.
>>
>>333895008

I just grabbed the first image I could find searching Project 1999. I would never personally associate with those poopsocking niggers.
>>
>>333894427
I think he's from a show called "I Can't Understand What My Husband is Saying." It's surprisingly mature for most anime, since it actually involves adults doing adult things and dealing with adult problems.
>>
File: 1459575413535.jpg (368 KB, 840x700) Image search: [Google]
1459575413535.jpg
368 KB, 840x700
>Be an autismal EE undergrad
>Last summer, play on Nostalrius and level a warrior 1-60
>Literally the most fun I've ever had playing a game
>Vanilla is way better than I remember, despite all the flaws
>So much community and player interaction
>School starts again, shortly after I finish leveling
>Senior year and no time to raid
>Most stressful two semesters of my life and it isn't even over yet
>Barely have any free time, even on the weekends
>Always come back to Nostalrius forums and see if any guilds fit my niche raid schedule
>In the corner of a whiteboard in my room, "Nostalrius" is written, which reminds me to pick it up again when I finish
>Looking forward to for almost a full year
>Suddenly the server is being shut down out of nowhere
>Don't know if it will ever come back
>I may have missed my chance forever
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.