[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
25 heroes + Story Mode + 5 v 5 Competitive Multiplayer... See
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: battleborn-see-you-in-beta.png (268 KB, 598x390) Image search: [Google]
battleborn-see-you-in-beta.png
268 KB, 598x390
25 heroes + Story Mode + 5 v 5 Competitive Multiplayer... See you in the BETA
>>
File: randy-pitchford.png (78 KB, 597x571) Image search: [Google]
randy-pitchford.png
78 KB, 597x571
Battleborn is: FPS; hobby-grade coop campaign; genre blended, multi-mode competitive e-sports; meta-growth, choice + epic Battleborn heroes!
>>
>>333883707
should I play as beefy mclarge with an orange sized head, snarky steampunk robot, dyke #1, dyke #2, angst dyke with a stand, generic soldier #1, generic soldier #2 or bird soldier?
>>
I'm surprised its gonna last so long. I thought it was just for the weekend or something. I love it though, El Dragon, Miko, Galilea and Mike are my favorites.
>>
>>333884046

burd
>>
>>333884386

Yea it's cool that it's running this long, but at this point I will probably stop. I've got a good feel for the game but since none of the progress or unlocks from the beta carry over... no point in me trying so hard to unlock shit.
>>
>>333884386
They are desperately, desperately trying to ignite some interest in this game, which looks like it's going to be a megabomb.
>>
>>333884525
Hold the fucking phone, they don't? Why the fuck am I still playing this then?
>>
>>333884642
Why do people care so much about "progress"? Surely if the gameplay is fun, progress happens naturally?
>>
>>333884838
Because unlocking some of these guys was a bitch and I don't want to lose any cool shit I got. Plus getting to rank 5 on a character and having a bunch of customized loadouts lost sucks.
>>
>>333885292
It's because you need the illusion of progress to make you keep playing because the game isn't very fun.
>>
>playing reddit: the game

nah
>>
>>333883707

No thanks I played the closed Beta and it was shit
>>
>>333884642
how about to play the game?
>>
>>333883707
is the time frame the same for pc beta? i was gonna pre order this weekend but didnt want to wait
>>
>>333886440
plox respond
>>
>>333886440
PC/Xbone beta starts on the 13th.

Thank you Google search(tm)
>>
>>333886634
:( thats what I thought didnt want to wait that long fml paragon time then
>>
>>333886440
Also, you do realise this thread is me shitposting about the game, right? I'm taking the piss out of a game with god-awful marketing, that looks mediocre and seems like it's on track to bomb. I'm not trying to get people to play it.
>>
>>333887013
Yeah the ppl behind it though would take the time to fix it if it turned to shit im sure. Some people wait way too long to do anything though and thats the scary part. Just look at deadbreed total shit on release appearently they changed the entire game but i've never bothered to check.
>>
>>333883887
Holy shit Randy
>>
>>333888723
He ripped into someone on Twitter for complaining that he was using empty meaningless buzzwords

The problem is that they have no fucking idea how to explain and sell this thing.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADqIh9_zAp4
>>
File: randy-pitchford2.png (83 KB, 642x694) Image search: [Google]
randy-pitchford2.png
83 KB, 642x694
I'm increasingly convinced that Borderlands was just luck and they don't know what they did right. A lot of the problems with the sequel hinted that they didn't really know why people liked the first game.
>>
>>333889213
I know people like to cry viral marketing on /v/ but holy shit did they ever push Borderlands hard on here.
>>
>>333885487
No I enjoy the game I just don't want to lose my shit. What is so hard to understand about that? Having to kill a specific enemy type 800 types twice to unlock a character is a bit annoying.
>>
>>333889213
are people really going to fucking play this shit.
I am STILL angry over ACM, I will never not be angry over that.
The whole fucking universe could start the process into absolution, and even on my last dying breath before the entire universe fades into nothing.
My rage will fuel eons and echo throughout time and space.
>>
>>333889658
I wasn't around for that.

Borderlands succeeded because the core 'quest' game mechanics are simple and fun and the graphical style made it distinctive enough to stand out.

They seem to think people liked the over-the-top comedy, gun variety and loot and doubled down on those elements by making them as obnoxious as fuck in the sequel.
>>
>>333890030
Yeah yeah, we all saw that post before, and at least it was original then.
>>
It's so bad, filled with bugs and not satisfying to play in any way
>>
I think what people ultimately like about Borderlands is the simple and fun quest-based game loop and this dumps it for less compelling MOBA-like gameplay.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.