[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone have a Playstation TV?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1
File: 1416812192039.jpg (21 KB, 620x348) Image search: [Google]
1416812192039.jpg
21 KB, 620x348
So I know Vita is shit right? Well apparently this is a PS Vita that plugs into a tv and is on ebay for $20. I want to use this to play Japanese-only gundam games. Anyone know anything about Playstation TVs? Never heard of them before today
>>
There's a reason if it's only 20$
>>
It's pretty much a cheaper Vita with limited compatibility that plays games to your TV instead of handheld.

Check the full list of compatible games before buying.
>>
>I want to use this to play Japanese-only gundam games. Anyone know anything about Playstation TVs? Never heard of them before today
So, you're a weeb that doesn't know Vita and Vita TV are the weeb machines? We had a lot of threads about the Vita TV when it got heavily discounted.

Anyway, if you like weeb games buy it and stop being a fag
>>
>>333872197

They are extremely cheap, and you can play many (but not all) Vita games on it. I recommend getting a bundle of sorts with a controller and memory card.

Mine's is basically a P4G machine and it's pretty cool.
>>
I have one.

Tread carefully 2bh.

Even some of the compatible games play like shit because the alternative control scheme is awful. Zero Escape is one of them and it's the only reason I bought the fucker.
>>
>>333872386
because first of all no one is buying them and second of all in order to use them you have to buy your own controller, memory card, and screen (not including all that shit makes it a lot less expensive to sell)
>>
>>333872390

Ah that's the trick; it would be for the upcoming Gundam Breaker 3 that comes out this month, but I can't find any info on if it supports it.

from the rest of these replies it might be safer to buy a Vita for the extra $80 it would cost just to ensure compatibility...

>>333872570

Not full-blown weeb; the only anime I watch is Gundam. I am a sci fi nerd.

Thanks /v/
>>
I got one to better play my imports that have DLC. It's nice playing Vita games on the TV.
>>
>>333872197

I have one, yeah. It's not too bad.
>>
> looks away from laptop.
> looks at Sony television.
> looks back at laptop.
> anyone have a playstation TV?

Uh...
>>
I have one. It came with a PS3 Controller and only cost $5 more then the standalone PS3 controller I was going to get.

Not worth it, check a game compatibility list before you but it. Look for a used vita on ebay instead.
>>
I found one of the bundles for cheap nearby and was thinking about getting It so I could play some weeb games, myself.

Anyone know if Akiba's trip and the Senra Kagura games have any compatability issues? I'm assuming turn based stuff like Persona 4 and Disgaea will work fine.
>>
>>333874912

>https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/akiba's-trip-undead-undressed/cid=EP1063-PCSB00640_00-APP0000000000000
>Compatible with Playstation TV

>https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-gb/games/senran-kagura-estival-versus/cid=EP4492-PCSB00882_00-0000000000000000
>Compatible with Playstation TV

Looks like you're golden.
>>
I only bought it to play persona 4. So for me it was worth it. I payed 20 bucks for the tv and 20 bucks for the game which came out cheaper than buying a single console game. Since I alreadyy have a PS3 and ps4 controllers aren't an issue.
>>
>>333875443
I know they're compatable. I'm more asking if I'm gonna have any problems with touch screen control compatability they may have. I heard the emulated touch screen stuff was kinda clumsy.
>>
>>333876291

I haven't played those games, but I can describe how the emulated touch screen works.
>>
>>333876386
You use the stick buttons to activate it and it puts a cursor on the screen, right? That's what it seemed like from the vid I watched.
>>
>>333876998
pretty much. One stick button toggles front side touch and the other is backside. It works but it's probably too clunky for action games.
>>
>>333876998

That's right.
You push one stick or both to put the cursors on the screen. The stick you press determines front/back/both touch panels on Vita.
Then you move the two sticks to move the two cursors, and press each trigger for each one.

Or use a Dualshock 4, the touch panel on there counts as the front touch panel on Vita without any clumsy bullshit.
>>
I have one. Its alright for what Vita games work. Unfortunately PS1 and PSP games look like shit on it if you have even a moderately sized TV because there's no filter or resolution options.
>>
>>333877330
>>333877407

I see. Thanks. Looking again I don't think I'll have to use the touch screen too much with those games anyway, well not in action portions.

Don't have a dual shock 4 but whatever. I just wanted as a cheap way to play a few games I missed.
>>
Gundam breaker 3 runs like meh. FPS dip a lot just to let you know.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.