[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
WoW idea thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: transparent.png (445 KB, 800x326) Image search: [Google]
transparent.png
445 KB, 800x326
What if mana was like Hearthstone, where it's limited early in a PvP match and becomes more and allows more powerful abilities as the gamemode progresses?

What if CDs were tuned around a maximum of 3 minutes?

What if the PvP meta was positioning based, or even better, something like moving football lines, where the DPS was in the front, healers were in the back, and tanks were like linebackers and receivers (pushing and receiving buffs and debuffs, esp. to the healers)?

What if CC was replaced with solely buffs and debuffs (area denial like walls, AOE effects and procs, and maybe roots, but no full control loss)?

How to fix the game general.
>>
>>333851409
honestly the biggest problem i see is the lack of self-identity, you are no longer your own charachter, you are now just your class + item level, which makes it hell of a lot more boring

back then everything mattered, every piece of gear, specialization, professions and it was all hard to obtain

i dont know i guess theres a lot of things that are missing,
>>
File: simple.png (27 KB, 803x600) Image search: [Google]
simple.png
27 KB, 803x600
>>333851885
Know what would fix that?
>>
>>333852085
i have no idea, going back to vanilla style might put off a lot of people playing the game because its too hard and grindy
>>
>>333852647
Theme park design is archaic.
>>
File: image.png (235 KB, 384x450) Image search: [Google]
image.png
235 KB, 384x450
You guys ever know anybody that played World of Poorcraft?
>>
>>333855202
Runescape?
>>
>>333851409
>increasing power across a match
>positioning-based pvp
What you're asking for is basically assfaggots, just go play those
>>
File: free roam.png (8 KB, 873x127) Image search: [Google]
free roam.png
8 KB, 873x127
>>333856406
Positioning based PvP is the only logical advancement of fantasy gameplay. Pretend like the game's implementing permanent gear loss after its durability is out. There's nothing else to assure that the field plays fluidly and interestingly (.. more than blobs), so positioning is key.
>>
We fix WoW by copying Wildstar and FFXIV, they seem to be doing that in Legion but they are implementing the wrong ideas and shit that made those games worse.
>>
>>333857229
Did you mean to reply to me because that has literally nothing to do with what I said
>>
>>333857458
>not positioning based PvP
That better?
>>
>>333857665
No
>>
File: wow sandboxing.png (15 KB, 848x237) Image search: [Google]
wow sandboxing.png
15 KB, 848x237
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.