[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
TFW people actually fell for the VR meme
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: smugwojak4v2.png (32 KB, 640x400) Image search: [Google]
smugwojak4v2.png
32 KB, 640x400
TFW people actually fell for the VR meme
>>
I never understood the appeal of the thing, I always thought of it as a glorified Kinect/Wii motion shit.
>>
>>333833614
it's honestly funny
>>
I wouldn't mind having the peripheral vision the headset offers for some first person games, but I'm fine just sticking to the mouse for camera movement.

Maybe if they made it like splatoon where you can move your head and control the camera through the mouse, it would work.
>>
>>333833864
>I always thought of it as a glorified Kinect/Wii motion shit.
Confirmed newfag. VR didn't start showing signs of Kinect/Wii similarities until a year or two after the Rift's initial Kickstarter hype.
>>
G...give it s...some time it's new t...tech
>>
>meme this
>meme that
Literally worse than than reddit
>>
n-no if y-you don't l-like VR it m-means you h-haven't t-tried it!!!!!
>>
File: 1437247229128.jpg (97 KB, 800x521) Image search: [Google]
1437247229128.jpg
97 KB, 800x521
>>333837907
>>333837559
Really?
>>
File: 1453617382767.jpg (6 KB, 166x206) Image search: [Google]
1453617382767.jpg
6 KB, 166x206
>>333837559
>>333837907
>/v/ loved VR some months ago
>now that it became popular, /v/ hates it
Everytime.

Now really, VR isn't precisely new. Yet again developers sold an experience that is impossible to give at the moment (currently it's a battle of having good graphics, having fluid gameplay and having precise controls), so it was pretty much a failure from the let go.

I expect around five more years for it to be able to tackle two of those three issues at the same time without being too costly.
>>
File: 1458502461637.png (5 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1458502461637.png
5 KB, 321x322
>>333838423
>>
I would like to give a try, but for me its nothing but gimmick stuff that you can only enjoy in short burst and its not really that appealing as something mainstream
>>
>>333833614
sure did. damn proud.
>>
Only way VR will actually sell properly is if its main focus is on Arcades, and that's a maybe, seeing how rare they are these days

Otherwise, it won't be good enough until the tech has vastly improved
>>
>>333838423
VR isn't popular, what the fuck are you talking about.

the sales are going to be shit
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.