[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How could they fuck up a simple fun shooter like this so hard?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 33
File: header-1-616x308.jpg (53 KB, 616x308) Image search: [Google]
header-1-616x308.jpg
53 KB, 616x308
How could they fuck up a simple fun shooter like this so hard?
>>
>>333832931
They didn't.
>>
>>333832964
Nothing that made Serious Sam fun is in this game anymore.
It's all grey'n'bloom corridor levels, almost no jokes and boring gunplay
>>
>>333832931
It was ok, compared to RAGE and fucking duke nukem forever SS3 was gold.
But there were far too many enemies with hitscan.
>>
I liked it but it is tedious at times. The final chapter of the game is by far the best imo, wish the whole game was more like it
>>
>>333832931
they put so much fucking graphics tech in it they didnt have time to make it as perfect as the other ones
>>
>>333833085
>he didn't play more than 2 levels
git gut fegit

think about it reAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAlly hard
>>
File: jesus.jpg (12 KB, 204x200) Image search: [Google]
jesus.jpg
12 KB, 204x200
>>333833240
>The first 4 stages
>>
File: SS3 = Doom 4.jpg (3 MB, 1357x3061) Image search: [Google]
SS3 = Doom 4.jpg
3 MB, 1357x3061
How plausible is it that SS3 was likely recycling assets from a scraped Doom 4 of sorts as pic related implies?

Doesn't explain those fucking monkeys though, christ almighty
>>
>>333833356
and one joyous day SSHDTFE/TSE existed and by god we all cried tears of beautiful gameplay
>>
File: Wartheme3.jpg (109 KB, 846x842) Image search: [Google]
Wartheme3.jpg
109 KB, 846x842
>>333833820
Quite plausible since a lot of the earlier parts of the game consist of reused assets which also explains the much lower texture quality of the slum regions, military bases and urban areas while most of them in the temple areas are drenched in parallax mapping.
>>
File: serioussam3gp2.jpg (61 KB, 736x633) Image search: [Google]
serioussam3gp2.jpg
61 KB, 736x633
>>333834467
Hell, in early screenshots they even reused Serious Sam 2 enemies.
>>
>>333833085
Play more than the first 2 levels.
>>
>>333832931
I personally find this a lot more fun than TFE or TSE. The weapons feel a lot more satisfying to fire, and there are none of the gimmick challenges from the first two games which were incredibly irritating, especially in TSE. I say this as someone who has been playing the series since TFE came out.
>>
File: 1330486637233.jpg (74 KB, 720x479) Image search: [Google]
1330486637233.jpg
74 KB, 720x479
>>333832931
what went right
>fast-firing basic weapon
>hammer
>sprinting is a blessing for coop
>Scrapjack
>more creppy monster design
>heavily damaged enemies entering "rage mode", which increase their movement speed and rate of fire
>destructible cover
>separation of rifle and minigun ammo
what went wrong
>levels full of weak hitscan enemies
>dust everywhere
>grey enemies blending into backgrounds
>removal of many low tier enemies like Beheaded Firecracked or Zorgs
>enemies immune to bullets
>Witch Bride
>Sniper rifle and laser hidden and with barely any ammo avaliable
what could stay if improved
>Technopolip by having only armored parts immune to bullets, while still taking damage to fleshy parts
>Space Monkeys by having luminescent "horns" on their backs (since they're underground creatures) to allow player to trace them by moving shadow
>melee attacks by not teleporting player to targeted enemy
>"modern" weapons by not sounding like shit
>>
File: 687.jpg (17 KB, 350x356) Image search: [Google]
687.jpg
17 KB, 350x356
>>333833820
>detailed mancubus model
>no six nipples visible
Why bother.
>>
File: 800px-Sshdss3thing.png (245 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
800px-Sshdss3thing.png
245 KB, 800x400
>>333834574
There's also something interesting regarding the DLC:
In SS HD, if a level doesn't have an unique menu image then this will be shown instead - an image of a SSHD-style Philae with "Serious Sam 3 preproduction version" written on it.
>>
There's some fuck ups in it but it's easily fixable with mods. It's still a good game
>>
File: 1434432957612.jpg (311 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1434432957612.jpg
311 KB, 803x688
THIS IS BULLSHIT
SERIOUS SAM 4 FUCKING WHEN
2014 THEY SAID
2015 THEY SAID
POST SOME FUCKING SCREENSHOTS AT LEAST FUCK
>>
>>333832931
Serious Sam 3 at its worst is still better than most shooters today.
>>
>>333837516
I got Chaser from steam lately
game was objectively shit
still had more fun with it than with most FPS released recently
>>
just play it on serious, game becomes significantly better
>>
It's overall pretty good but the first few levels made me think they ruined the series completely by adding in all the bullshit that I hate about new games... But soon, it felt very similar to SS:TFE which is the best so yeah.
>>
>>333838509
chaser had its moments

but the quality was all over the place.
>>
>>333835010
i think dust was a good mechanic
>>
>>333832931
It was another project that got turned into a Serious Sam game as an afterthought.

The worse offender of all the criticisms (besides maps) is the guns. Some of the higher tier guns are barely even in the game, or it's hard to find ammo. I can't even remember if the Sniper Rifle was even in the non-DLC campaign, and the laser ammo is rare to find. There's no flamer, no grenade launcher. Making AR/Minigun ammos seperate is annoying too since once you get the minigun, there's no real point or want to go back to the AR.

That being said, the final boss is probably the best in the series, and the Jew in Denile DLC was solid for the most part. SS3 suffers from the realism focus they were trying to go with in the initial project. Hopefully SS4 goes back to the more cartoonier style of TFE/TSE and they allow Sam-Tower'ing and remove fall damage.
>>
>>333835010
>Sprinting
Personally I'm a fan of fast walk speeds like in the previous titles, but it's definitely useful to outpace kamikazes.

>Separation of Minigun/rifle ammo
Didn't enjoy this so much, just makes it something else to hunt down. They need to balance the minigun/AR like the Tommy/Minigun used to be, when there are situations when the other is better.

>Witch Bride
Attacks are annoying, but I think she was a decent enemy. The warping effects her shields have on rockets is pretty cool.

>Space Coons
These guys need to be used less. There's far too many tunnel sections for that matter.
>>
Serious Sam 4 when?
>>
File: 1343046928479.png (52 KB, 511x517) Image search: [Google]
1343046928479.png
52 KB, 511x517
The final level should have been more akin to the TFE one than TSE.
>>
>>333845013
>Hopefully SS4 goes back to the more cartoonier style of TFE/TSE

Probably won't happen.
While they confirmed that the game will be much more colorful than BFE, they're still too focused on photogrammetry models and photos for textures due to those being way quicker and cheaper for them to create than modelling cartoony assets from scratch.
>>
>>333847374
I met in terms of gameplay
>>
I think what I didn't like about BFE was the enemies, especially the ship boss.

Not only do I think it was ridiculous to be fighting a ripoff of the covenant vessel from Halo, but to have no additional temporary skill (such as jet packs in the last level) it was kinda tedious and annoying to beat.

It wasn't as open world as previous games, either. In fact, I think Serious Sam 2 and most likely the second encounter dominate in open world.

Felt more like a chore game than a linear experience where I got an adrenaline rush knowing I had to get from point A to point B knowing that they would throw hundreds of enemies at me in the process. Instead, you play one fighting zone after another, and it feels like it never fucking ends.

Also secrets were lame.
>>
>>333835010
Having a useless double barreled shotgun was also bad. Hammer was superior in every way
>>
File: It's_something_(edited).png (9 KB, 277x208) Image search: [Google]
It's_something_(edited).png
9 KB, 277x208
>>333836787
Did you see the april fools joke post on their site? They show a blurred picture of Rome.
>>
>>333843279
It should stay for kamikaze, first batch exploding makes it so thick it works like smokescreen for rest, which is kind of cool. Other than that, it can go away as far as I'm concerned.
>>
>>333850393
Kleer. The double barreled shotgun was basically only the superior choice against them but considering they're fucking kleer that's good enough for me.
>>
>>333852642
double barrel is better at mass battles.

It kills kleers and gnaars just fine, and also works well removing beheaded and troopers often mixed with the. And you don't have to reload it.
>>
>>333852642
No, the hammer was better against them too.

Hammer lets you sprint all the time whether swinging or not so they don't catch up as easily.

Shotgun makes you walk around half the time during reloads leaving you very vulnerable.

Hammer is hard to miss.

Shotgun, if you miss a couple off bullets of the spread Kleer is still alive and now you are crawling at snail speed in its vicinity.

Plus, hammer has no ammo

Its ok vs mass gnaars but that is about it.
>>
>>333853228
Mass battles are just an excuse to blow shit up IMO. Not shitting on the double barrel though because without it those "oh fuck 20 Kleer coming from each direction!" segments would have defeated me but those are really the only thing that it is indisputably better than any other weapon against. I like that though, weapons should have specific niches they fill. Helps keep weapon variety up much better than "Gun X is always the best choice but doesn't have enough ammo"

>>333853501
Superior range far outweighs all those things on harder difficulties though. When you've got shitloads of Kleer charging you from every direction sprinting away is a much worse idea than just dodging them and killing them. Also how the fuck do you miss with a shotgun?
>>
>>333853945
> Also how the fuck do you miss with a shotgun?

By using the "superior range" and having a couple of bullets miss due to spread leaving the Kleer with 1Hp in front of your face
>>
File: 1435619135540.jpg (52 KB, 500x377) Image search: [Google]
1435619135540.jpg
52 KB, 500x377
>>333853501
>he cannot time reloads and dodge all the kleers
have you played a serious sam game before? Timings are all the same, kleers move the same, damage is the same. The only reason to use a hammer is 400% hp enemies, and that's before you get ayylien weapon. Oh, and it also shakes the screen horribly, makes me want to vomit.
>>
>>333854737
It's possible to fire at a range that is noticably greater than hammer range without being far enough away to miss (assuming you don't miss for real).
>>
File: Double_the_Gun_Double_the_Fun.webm (3 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
Double_the_Gun_Double_the_Fun.webm
3 MB, 480x270
What I think double-shotty could gain off, would be ability to fire from barrels separately. One-two punch followed by quick reload, to use aganist weak enemies. Blast from both barrels, via scope button, aganist things that ask for it.

>>333853945
>Mass battles are just an excuse to blow shit up IMO
yes, and? It's Serious Sam

>>333853501
you can't miss at point blank
>>
File: werebull.webm (3 MB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
werebull.webm
3 MB, 840x525
>>
I've always found serious sam design kinda lazy, they just throw you in a large square arena with some window dressings and spawn hundreds of enemies from every direction for a few minutes. the missions consist of moving forward and walking into monster closets. the gameplay is fun but it's way less interesting than doom.
>>
>>333855412
Well, the focus in Serious Sam is combat and it does it a lot better than DOOM ever did.

DOOM is cool, but you can just shift+W away from anything dangerous, not in SS
>>
I think SS3 is a few steps above the other games in the series, honestly. Dust is awesome, sprinting is cool, scrapjacks and khnums are really fun to deal with (not a fan of witchbrides or helicopters though). And most importantly, the game has a proper checkpoint structure - which is a huge deal in action games like this; the old "just make your own save points I guess" system the older games relied on is really unsatisfying.

The first few levels are pretty lame, though, and some of the cool TSE weapons like the sniper rifle don't get enough play. Hopefully SS4 manages to improve on 3; if it does, it could really be one of the best FPS games of all time.
>>
After the first couple levels it gets good, they started it really weirdly
>>
>>333855412
>doom gameplay
>run in a maze-like level collecting keys and shooting demons
square arenas are better because you don't have to remember where to go so only the shooting is left. And I play it for shooting monsters, not for 'uhh where the fuck do I go next in this brown corridor'.
>>
>>333855067
>would be ability to fire from barrels separately
Much like Shadow warrior, though you could upgrade the shotgun to 4 barrels.
>mfw
>>
>>333855067
>Doing that room the slow way
>>
>>333832931
But they didn't.
Serious Sam 3 is the closest to an oldschool FPS sequel we've had in a while.

Now there were some things I didn't like:
-Sniper and lasergun were rare as fuck
-Khnum was immune to bullets
-Witches, monkeys and helicopters were a fucking mistake
-Reloading your AR and shotgun (although this can be fixed with mods)

Waiting on SS4
>>
File: 1440802147811.jpg (14 KB, 225x234) Image search: [Google]
1440802147811.jpg
14 KB, 225x234
>>333856941
>Flying hitscan enemy immune to bullets
What were they thinking?
>>
>>333856941
Expansion is all about Laser Gun and Sniper, give it a shot
>>
File: Adprojposter.jpg (116 KB, 474x671) Image search: [Google]
Adprojposter.jpg
116 KB, 474x671
Serious Sam 3 is really good.

It's just like the first game and the expansion. There's a small beginning, then a REALLY big exposition, then a even BIGGER climax and then a small boss fight at the end. It's got tech demos and physics, tons of things to explore, a lot of secrets and a variety of costumes.

The only thing about BFE I really hate are the weapons. The C4, the assault rifle, the grappling hook and a bunch of other stuff in the game just feels out of place. That said it's still a Serious Sam game, it's just out of its element.
>>
>>333858160
Already have, it was pretty fun though I didn't really like the final boss

>>333857496
"difficulty"
>>
>>333855874
I disliked that Shotgun.

Aside from the fact than half the enemies were bullet sponges it just devastated an area with constant AoE in front of you instead of simulating bullets at all.

You could shoot and something in the lower right corner of the screen would die even if you werent aiming at it.

Meh
>>
>>333833085
Change the color settings to high contrast and it looks delicious.
>>
>>333858215
The C4 was really nice IMO. Better grenades.

Ditto for the assault rifle. The tommy gun was just a worse chain gun. Now it feels more differentiated and you actually save minigun ammo for using the rifle unlike in SS1.

The grapple is... just there. Its ok when you need to take out something big without ammo I guess...
>>
>>333858527
Didn't care for it at all, i thought it was weighty and a solid waste of a weapon slot in the game, none of its applications I managed to exercise until after I'd beaten the game a couple times, and even then, I still didn't use it as much as the Devastator.
>>
File: 1411330912827.jpg (8 KB, 240x181) Image search: [Google]
1411330912827.jpg
8 KB, 240x181
>>333858527
grapple is a core weapon for 400% hp enemies
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lA7wjZBH28&list=PL95w8KPWRs1BrYgZHD3mxClat7Wn96AW
>>
>>333858527
Rifle was just too generic. Desert Eagle for pistol doesn't bother much, because it's aesthetically very pleasing, and it's not even military weapon at all.
Space-age Thompson felt weird, and it was exactly why it fit setting so well. HK416 with EOT on top on the other hand feels like all those "modern warfare" mods to damn near every shooter
>>
>>333858764
Blows up a pretty big area. Its pretty solid against Kleer and AAAAAAAAAAAAA packs
>>
>>333858902
that does not look fun
>>
>>333859464
play on normal then
>>
>>333859242
Yeah but the rockets do the same job, you just have to aim at the ground instead of the sky. And if you have the devastator, or the mini gun even, a lot of the bigger enemies fall within seconds. The only use for the C4 was blowing up structures, and I thought that was kind of dumb.

Unless you like playing 007 and setting traps, I can't see the benefit to C4.
>>
>>333832931

>I never got past Cairo

The first couple levels were seemingly shit, then revealed to be a stroke of genius, baiting the modern shooter faggots into a sci-fi game, then the spaceship turns up and it goes full TFE from that point onwards.

Also, that final boss fight was the fucking nuts.

BFE is probably my favourite shooter to have come out in the last ten years. It's Serious Sam with a fresh coat of paint, and it works perfectly because of it.
>>
>>333859848

C4 was the nuts for taking down larger enemies or large groups of Kleers or Kamikazes

>turn around and throw a c4 to the ground
>Sprint forward
>Kablooie
>>
>>333832931
>Hitscan enemies
>one setting, complete lack of any variety in level design
>less guns
>fucking smoke after every explosions, cant see shit
>boring city setting
>executions are fucking worthless
>limp dicked base weapons
>shit story and cinematic even by croteam standards
>lack of open huge arenas
>last level clearly unfinished with visible square edges of the map
>>
File: serious-sam-3-bfe-13997.jpg (329 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
serious-sam-3-bfe-13997.jpg
329 KB, 1920x1080
>>333860114
If you use the Devastator, you can kill about 10 Kleer with one shot, so long as they're lined up. If you use the C4, you have to chuck it and wait, and then you have to:

>detonate when there's a lot around
>throw another if you missed some
>watch for enemies coming from other angles
>and worse yet swap weapons if something got by the C4

it's a huge time waster, i rather just use the devastator and the minigun for kleer. Any Khnum that come by are easily dealt with by cannonball and devastator ammunition.
>>
>>333833820
>ss3 was supposed to be doom4
honestly its good they didnt get it
after seeing ss3 production values and overall lack or polish, detail and competent planning i can say they would produce a piece of shit hated by everybody
>>
>>333861169
As opposed to Brutal Halo, which at least will satisfy halo fans.
>>
>>333860114
i prefer to detonate it mid-air just for cool factor
>>
>>333859848
The C4 had infinitely bigger AoE, you only had to throw it ahead of shit coming and didn't even require you to aim. Kleers require a direct hit to die to rockets and there isn't much AoE either.

> Yeah but the rockets do the same job, you just have to aim at the ground instead of the sky. And if you have the devastator, or the mini gun even, a lot of the bigger enemies fall within seconds.

Its true, but ammo for those is not as plentiful as C4 so it pays off to use it when the opportunity arises. And there are many situations where it works
>>
>>333861330
game isnt even out yet
and i like it so far, looks pretty decent
>>
>>333861731
Yeah, looks fun enough.

And yeah, seems to take a bit from Halo, but hey, Halo is not that bad. Its slower spaced than DOOM but it the combat is very much about dodging projectiles like in the old days rather than hitscan.

As long as they make it a fun FPS with good amounts of dodging and running and gunning with open areas to explore and as little dialogue as possible I am sold.

Especially compared to what could have been:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_HI-Ev2ZbX4
>>
>running around corners and getting instant headshots everywhere
>think I'm amazing
>realize the game has an aimbot built in

uninstalled and never played it again, what's the point
>>
>>333861506
I'm going to have to say git gud.

There's literally too many applications for the rocket launcher and the devastator to opt them over c4, if you're playing with friends maybe, but there's no way I'm going to choose the greater damage area over the ability to fire at will, especially since there's no Serious bomb in SS3:BFE
>>
>>333835010
>>Sniper rifle and laser hidden and with barely any ammo avaliable
wait, what?
>>
File: lazor.webm (3 MB, 840x525) Image search: [Google]
lazor.webm
3 MB, 840x525
>>333864872
>Find a hidden sniper rifle
>never found any ammos in the whole game, so I only have 5 bullets
>10 minutes boss fight thereafter
>level ends
>cutscene
>get srtipped of all the guns
At least there were more lasers and electricity around.
>>
>>333864872
It's not like the rifle has too many applications.

I think at the very most, you can use it to take out the Scrapjacks and the Witchbrides.
>>
>>333835010
Thank god they didn't fuck with the health values. Unlike Revolution.

>Space Monkeys by having luminescent "horns" on their backs (since they're underground creatures) to allow player to trace them by moving shadow
That wouldn't make sense. They live in the dark so their eyes are accustomed to the dark, giving them glowing horns would render them effectively blind.
>>
>>333857496
You learn to deal with them the same way you learn to deal with Biomechs and everything else.

>See a Technopolip
>Whip out Decimator
>4-5 pops
>Switch to a different target

They weren't that much of a problem after you get used to them.
>>
>>333866543

The problem is up until then you're left with chucking rockets at it, which it will dodge. Fine if you're dealing with just the polyp but in concert with everything else it gets a bit silly.
>>
>>333833085
The gunplay is exactly the same as the old games, what the fuck are you smoking?

Also yeah the game is brown and grey, I never in the past said to myself "You know why Serious Sam 1st and 2nd are so great? How colorful they are!".
Only one level in this game is corridor-ish from what I remember.

It's literally just the old games with better graphics and a couple tomb areas that admittedly suck.
>>
File: 1418602878418.png (102 KB, 321x326) Image search: [Google]
1418602878418.png
102 KB, 321x326
>>333863360
I spent more time tossing c4 in Guardian of Time than I did spamming rockets.
C4 has ridiculous clearing power and is the go-to against Khnums.
And that added chunky noise when you turn a large group of rocketeers into giblets is too good.
>>
>>333866151
well, from what I've heard Revolution is project of some Russian modder group, and you know how Russians love damage sponges

>They live in the dark so their eyes are accustomed to the dark
That's trait of creatures living in low-light environment. Ones living in complete darkness like in undergound or or deep oceans, either develop their own light, or go completely blind.
>>
I loved it, but It missed just a few things to be excellent.
The dark sections where annoying, the sniper/laser where basically secret weapons and this is annoying BUT being able to get them all with the canon in the first few levels is somewhat satisfying.
>>
>>333863360
Learn to use C4 buddy.

I know how to use RL and Devastator.

If you play survival mode you will also see how good it is because there is an insane amount of stuff and you want to save up Devastator ammo, and RL doesn't always cut it.

tl;dr no u
>>
>>333866751
they stop moving when they fire their chainguns. I guess you are supposed to ignore 20 kleers about to stab your ass and wait patiently for that exact moment.
>>
File: 1448136900293.jpg (135 KB, 888x1097) Image search: [Google]
1448136900293.jpg
135 KB, 888x1097
>>333867057
that massive "splosh" when you gib 15+ rocketers at once
>>
>>333832931

Not enough powerful weapons available, too small levels and not enough enemies on screen at once.
>>
File: 1421865014177.png (978 KB, 850x1100) Image search: [Google]
1421865014177.png
978 KB, 850x1100
>>333867674

>OP makes thread shitting on BFE

>It turns into a thread reminding people of why that game was so much fun despite its' flaws
>>
>>333867921

>Not enough enemies

The last level on Hard has 1700 enemies before you reach Ugh-Zan (then it stops counting), with at least a hundred enemies coming at you at any given moment through that nightmare canyon.

How is that not enough on-screen foes?
>>
>>333868402
He didnt play past level 2
>>
File: af.jpg (324 KB, 1162x926) Image search: [Google]
af.jpg
324 KB, 1162x926
>>333868275
Croteam did nothing wrong. I just hope they tune down the initial slow pace in SS4.

Also this >>333852141
>>
>>333868402

>The last level

Yeah and it took like 5 hours of boring levels before that and then the game was over. Totally worth the money.
>>
File: 1426394536327.gif (1 MB, 320x180) Image search: [Google]
1426394536327.gif
1 MB, 320x180
>>333870094
>I just hope they tune down the initial slow pace in SS4.

BFE was a beautiful bait-and-switch for CoD kiddies, and it worked. I know this because my youngest brother went into it from his CoD-ridden gaming tastes and came out of it with a solid appreciation for what the game was, which allowed me to really get him into DOOM and Quake and so on. The kid eventually got good enough at Quake 2 to beat me at it, 9 years his senior and with far more experience, and have I never felt so proud in my life.

I still rekt him in UT though. Gotta retain some self-respect.
>>
>>333870094
>Rome
SERIOUS SAM ADVANCE CONFIRMED
>>
File: Applause.gif (100 KB, 300x225) Image search: [Google]
Applause.gif
100 KB, 300x225
>>333870094

>Croteam's April fools on point
>>
File: boomheadshot.gif (2 MB, 320x235) Image search: [Google]
boomheadshot.gif
2 MB, 320x235
>>333867674
>>333867057
feels so fucking good.
>>
File: 1445192581225.jpg (69 KB, 395x450) Image search: [Google]
1445192581225.jpg
69 KB, 395x450
>>333870094
>Setting we're most comfortable with
>>
File: 1459901279217.jpg (15 KB, 185x268) Image search: [Google]
1459901279217.jpg
15 KB, 185x268
>>333870875
>that game
>>
>Sam has officially beaten Duke
>>
>>333873573
That happened a long time ago.
>>
>>333873573
Why do you say that anon? Have you actually played Duke Nukem Foreverâ„¢? There's literally nothing wrong with it.
>>
File: 1167647-randy_pitchford.jpg (27 KB, 640x408) Image search: [Google]
1167647-randy_pitchford.jpg
27 KB, 640x408
>>333874259
>>
File: 20160410185703_1.jpg (130 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
20160410185703_1.jpg
130 KB, 1920x1080
So when this SS4 is released?
We know it happens in paris and that's all?
>>
>>333874638
wot
where's that? Fuck me that game is full of easter eggs.
>>
>>333874765
It's in the Talos Principle actually.
>>
>>333832931
I played it with a friend and had fun
>>
File: 1454628629452.jpg (129 KB, 583x836) Image search: [Google]
1454628629452.jpg
129 KB, 583x836
>>333861731
Looks like fucking zenimax mediocrity 4thaplayers shit to me
>>
>>333868275
Well deep down, it's still a Serious Sam game and probably one of the very few modern iterations of an old FPS game/series that stays true to it's roots. That's a rarity in this age of reboots
>>
>>333832931
SS3 was great. Pacing could have been better and less cutscenes but I still enjoyed it.
>>
>>333874765
>Fuck me that game is full of easter eggs.
Full doesn't even begin to describe it
>>
don't mind me just posting the best serious song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQMCAdMadMY
>>
>>333879607
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8b_ic0hRbJU
>Here comes trouble!
>>
The Talos Principle is Croteam's best game
>>
>>333880145
I still don't understand how the same people who made a game involving running at high speed blowing everything up in a rain of blood made such a comfy puzzle game.
>>
>>333880659
They were probably so happy to make a game that wasn't Serious Sam for once that they went all out on it. And it paid off.
>>
>>333880659
They didn't have pressure from making an established series and the constraints from publishers AAA devs have
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.