[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
KF2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: kf2versus.png (899 KB, 773x578) Image search: [Google]
kf2versus.png
899 KB, 773x578
JUST
>>
deal with it

kf1 is pretty shit and you have to force yourself to grind to get levels and whatnot, it gets samey

vs survival is a nice addition, I hope it gets equal amount of playtime from people
>>
>Not wanting a VS mode in KF2
>Not wanting to Play as a Scrake
>Not wanting to play as the Patriarch

This can either go and becomes 1 of 2 things.
It becomes as popular as the VS mode in L4D where that's all people play or it gets ignored

Sharpshooter when?
>>
>>333824230
>Sharpshooter when?
Next update. They added the tier 1 and 2 weapons of SS as non-perk weapons for now.
>>
>>333824158

I'm not protesting the existence of Versus mode, I think it could work. It was cool in L4D. But KF2 current implementation is so indescribably shit, how have they got the balls to release something like this?

They have a test branch for a reason
>>
>>333824318
>Next update
so three months
>>
>>333824328
make a civil thread on steam forums for the game or twipwire forums and leave a comment and suggestion on how to improve it

they clearly work slow, all the updates took a while
>>
Stay tuned.
>>
This update coinciding with a KF2 discount on Steam is the worst fucking thing. You have all this feedback from newfags saying how Zeds are broken when in truth it's the exact opposite - a LV25 Zerk and a LV25 Medic that haven't used boosting maps (i.e. actually know what they're doing) can solo 6 Zeds EASILY

You're stuck dealing Normal difficulty damage, and even though syringe potency scales as usual with player counts, the damage Zeds do doesn't. So enjoy your amazing clutch ambush with a Gorefast in which you hit a Zerk five times for like 60dmg total get casually nullified by a Medic's dart. Zerk's LV25 skill is also comical in Versus, enjoy your mass of player controlled Zeds get all instakilled in Zed Time because it triggered when you were about to get the drop on a Zerk (which is already almost an impossible fight for Zeds)

They need the CPU Zeds to be Suicidal difficulty at least
>>
>>333824608
>LV25 skill is also comical in Versus, enjoy your mass of player controlled Zeds get all instakilled in Zed Time because it triggered when you were about to get the drop on a Zerk

Friebug's Shrapnel is even more bullshit, because you don't even need Zed Time for it to trigger, it's just a RNG on kill. The wave numbers are small enough as-is (40-70 mostly), and a Shrapnel proc can easily wipe 10+ Zeds with almost no ammo cost for the Firebug. The good thing is Firebug has only 100HP and no damage reduction, unlike Zerk

They will need to revise most if not all skills for Versus, it doesn't work well with the co-op skills. They should have polished it for next update, it's too raw and mod-like at the moment
>>
File: 1325429692525.jpg (10 KB, 175x288) Image search: [Google]
1325429692525.jpg
10 KB, 175x288
The VS mode is pretty well made honestly, at least zeds-wise how they control and what they can do
the balance on the other hand, it's pretty shit, like >>333824608 said
you can't really do anything against lvl 25 guys who know what they are doing, afterall on l4d this mode worked because there aren't perks and stats there, but here they should find a way to scale damage with the number of enemies and their level or at least stop forcing the game mode to be normal only with 4 rounds.
Also the netcode is shit and most of the time zeds will miss their attacks
>>
they should add some incentive and reward for playing zeds in vs survival, like xp gained that you can distribute on a class of your choosing

>>333824608
>So enjoy your amazing clutch ambush with a Gorefast in which you hit a Zerk five times for like 60dmg total get casually nullified by a Medic's dart.
>Zerk's LV25 skill is also comical in Versus, enjoy your mass of player controlled Zeds get all instakilled in Zed Time because it triggered when you were about to get the drop on a Zerk

its a game based on attrition, its supposed to be long, there are 7-10 waves after all
I WOULD like an extra stopwatch module though, call it competitive or whatever and have both teams switch sides once and try to kill the other team in the shortest time (if both reach patriarch wave - the patriarch that did the more damage wins)
>>
>>333824035
Do you understand the JUST meme? Head over to knowyourmeme.com to understand it because I see no context for its use here.
>>
>>333826073
>prioritizing shit nobody ever wanted over shit people that actually play the game want
>not a situation that warrants a JUST
>>
>>333826229
>nobody wanted this
>because I said so!

>/v/ knowing shit about anything
>not just having hissy fits and complaining about every little shit and posting negative reviews on steam
>>
Can these fucks get the fuck out?
>>
>>333826375
Have another (you). Happy now?
>>
>>333826449
t.still acting underage
you'll never grow up sam
>>
Very glad I did not get scammed.
>>
>>333826507
Oh, the irony. This is the last (you) you're getting from me.
>>
>>333826229
>nobody wanted
>devs literally implemented it because they, among many other fans wanted it
>still using JUST in completely the wrong context

I'm no meme connoisseur, but you need to revise a bit more before you try to meme yourself.
>>
>>333826814
I guess those many other fans wanted the TF2 style too economy, right?

Also, t. Tripwire employee.
>>
>>333825993
>its a game based on attrition, its supposed to be long, there are 7-10 waves after all

Versus is 4 waves. On Normal.
>>
>>333824608
Its easy to kill a 25 zerk.

>bloat bile to blind him
>surround him with actual team work
>he can't use his speed to escape
>rape him down to nothing in about 10 seconds flat

If you actually co-ordinate with your team, like you do when you play HoE, it's very easy to win as Zeds. I'd say it's actually unfair for the survivors because of how fucking fast some zeds can move.
>>
>>333826929
>It says it in the OP image
>t-tripwire shill

try harder
>>
>>333826957
no its not
>>
>>333827024
>bloat bile to blind him

Lmao, like any Zerk on Versus won't be using Bloat Resistance instead of Siren Resistance. Siren screams do shit for damage on Versus, it's useless. Btw, Bloat Resistance also affects the "blinding" effect, it just flashes for a brief moment as it's based on the damage taken
>>
>>333827108

Yes is is, are you retarded? Normal only, 4 waves only. You haven't even played it but here you are posting up a storm
>>
>>333827075
Just because TW says it isn't necessarily true.

>try harder
I see I struck a nerve.
>>
>>333827197
nope you're wrong
you need to stop
>>
>>333827134
In that case, trap him with a siren pull.

They're already thought about this.
>>
>>333824035
Balance is shit
>>
File: 1352222869266.gif (836 KB, 300x212) Image search: [Google]
1352222869266.gif
836 KB, 300x212
>>333827215
Yeah ok, sorry. You're right and the people making the game are wrong. They totally spent a shit load of time creating a new game mode just to piss you off.
>>
>>333824035
sounds fun. brb reinstalling
>>
File: 1460090079402.jpg (86 KB, 593x439) Image search: [Google]
1460090079402.jpg
86 KB, 593x439
>>333827294

Read the patch notes you daft cunt. Or better yet, play the fucking mode. It's fixed difficulty/length

>>333827310

Siren bind is useful but you need something very hard-hitting to deplete a Zerk. A single human Gorefast won't do, for example. With 175HP he will even survive a Scrake and get off with like 50HP
>>
>>333827443
You need to gang up on a single person, it works really well. I've killed a few good zerkers doing this with friends. We plan ganks on voicecomms and then wait for each other and it's great fun.
>>
>>333827108
>>333827294

Is this trolling? You can't pick a difficulty in Versus. You also couldn't in L4D Versus. The idea is having a fixed experience for MP instead of like 5 different Versus modes with different spawns and damage values, in which different tactics apply
>>
>>333827557
how can you be so wrong lol
have you played the game?
>>
>I'm a piece of shit and need to 1 hit everyone
>Literally everyone is complaining that zed team is overpowered except when a team has multiple max level players
>I know better

Have a (You)
>>
>>333827664

Classic /v/, shitposting about things you haven't even tried
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.