[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Far Cry Primal
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Far-Cry-Primal.jpg (539 KB, 1984x1240) Image search: [Google]
Far-Cry-Primal.jpg
539 KB, 1984x1240
What did /v/ think of Far Cry Primal?
I'm playing it now and it's been cosy as fuck so far, haven't had any complaints.

>cool visuals
>decent story
>a ton of skills/abilities
>taming
>building
>really fun combat, can be challenging sometimes
>dat intro based on your progression each time you log in
>those shaman vision missions
>freeing your Wenja brothers from oppressive, problematic Udam

It's the only Far Cry I've played, is the rest of the series this good?
>>
what was the story? i havent played primal, but is the story like the others in that it's more of just a platform for the action?
>>
File: Far-Cry-Primal.png (2 MB, 1600x886) Image search: [Google]
Far-Cry-Primal.png
2 MB, 1600x886
boring piece of shit after 2 hours, and a reskinned far cry 4
>>
File: Mammoth.jpg (9 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
Mammoth.jpg
9 KB, 300x168
>>333821662
You and a group of hunters belong to a tribe called the Wenja. You left your homeland, Oros, long ago and are looking to return. Your whole group dies and you discover Oros, only to find that your people have been slaughtered by a Cannibalistic tribe called the Udam. There are some other tribes, but they're the focus. It's your storyline to bring the Wenja back into power, building up fortifications, gathering the Wenja from hiding/imprisonment whilst fucking up the Udum as much as you can.
>>
>>333821690
Interesting, I haven't played Far Cry 4 so I wouldn't know, but the similarity shape doesn't necessarily mean there's a lack of effort/detail there.
>>
>>333821857
so it's not really a story, and more a premise? are there any twists, or characters, or recurring themes or any of the stuff that usually constitutes a story?
what you listed is less a story and more just what you do in the game, from the sounds of it
>>
>>333822025
I'm only 7 hours in, but it does seem more than just a premise. I guess there could be a pretty fine line between the two.
>>
>being cosy is a pro now
>>
>>333822241
thanks for the honest opinions, i'll look at picking it up if i can find it cheap somewhere
>>
>>333822016
>Not playing Far Cry 4
>Playing Far Cry Primal instead

Are you fucking stupid? Why would you play the most expensive and worst version of a game?
>>
>>333822272
Maybe I used the wrong word, the game just looks and feels very nice at many points.
>riding your saberbro through the forest at night while holding/throwing flaming spears at Udam plebs
>villages at night
>those cliff dives
>>
>>333822410
I never got around to playing Far Cry 4, I got to pick up Primal pretty cheap and I figured why not, it's been fun so far and I haven't given 4 that much thought but if I have some time after I'm done with this I might get it. I still have to finish Diablo 3 first.
>>
>>333821582
>>333821857
>>333822729
Fuck off, shill
>>
>>333822905
Pls, I just wanted to know what /v/ thought of it.
Didn't mean to sound like a shill but I'm just liking the game
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.