[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So what's the opinion on this one? Just started it. Can
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5
So what's the opinion on this one? Just started it. Can the necessary characters be narrowed down a few less? All 14 is a bit much.
>>
>>333817558
You can choose 3-4 characters and stick with them until the end of the game. I'd recommend picking a balanced team, though.
>>
>>333817558
Trust me, a typical player is not going to be able to keep all the characters alive to the end
>>
>>333817558
Have your main team and have your backup team.

For a part at the end of the game, you'll need to run two different teams at once. This is why you want to keep your backup team well leveled and equipped.

Do NOT include Machina and Rem in either of your teams.
>>
>>333818262
Adding on to this anon, you may want to include Machina and Rem on your teams. Because they're both really fucking good.

There are times when they're not available, however, whereas everyone else is available.
>>
>>333817558
Personal recommendations:
>Ace
>Trey
>King
>Eight
>Nine

Magic is OP. Try to keep at least one ranged character in your party at all times.
>>
My favorites are King, Nine, Eight, Cater, Ace, and Queen.

Always keep some ranged combatant in your group, (those being King, Ace, Trey, and to a lesser extent, Cater.)
>>
>>333817558
Just get King.
I beat most of the game with solo King, he is so effective at hitting killsights and his fullauto attack deals nice damage. Coupled with evade and he wrecks anyone. Sice and Revive Relm are pretty nice.
>>
>>333817558
Also, dont be afraid of spamming eidolons. Especially if you know a character (cue most boss fights) will die it is far better to get a summon and avoid losing 3~4 people to the boss.
>>
>>333818262
>Do NOT include Machina and Rem in either of your teams.
Spoiler this shit, you fucking asshole, why the hell did you have to tell me that?

God damn it, I hate dumb fuckers like you, I hope you die a painful death.
>>
>>333819015
They're just shit characters mate. Nothing spoilery about that
>>
File: 41015237_p0.jpg (318 KB, 848x1200) Image search: [Google]
41015237_p0.jpg
318 KB, 848x1200
Personal recommendations:
>pick
>3 characters
>you like

That's about it. Magic is fucking boring but yeah, powerful. I'd say stick to skills for the fun.
You can use Rem/Machina just fine. I personally mained Sice/Seven/Rem and didn't have many issues. Rem can use "Don't Die" and get free summons btw. Unfortunately I didn't realize that until NG++.
In some part you'll have to make 2 groups, and the game won't go easy on you. Either do 2/1 and fill the other slots with unleveled characters, level two groups, or slightly level one ranged character and cheese that shit.

>>333819015
They just leave for a while and come back. It's not Aerith.

SPOILER
Ironically enough, they are the only two who actually survive.

Type-Next when?
>>
>>333819191
wasnt that only temporary

also sice seven and trey a best
>>
File: 48882511_p0.jpg (297 KB, 500x600) Image search: [Google]
48882511_p0.jpg
297 KB, 500x600
>>333819263
What was? Rem/Machina leaving? It was. 2 groups? Also yes. But you still going to need to get through that shit somehow. I think I cheesed it with Cater on NG.
>>
>>333819263
>wasnt that only temporary
Machina and Rem?

Kind of. They leave a few times throughout the game a come back iirc, but at a certain point near the end, Machina leaves for good. Rem leaves shortly after.
>>
>>333819015
I didn't tell you any fucking thing about them other than that you shouldn't include them in your core teams.
>>
>>333819015
I mean if he really cared to spoil you he'd have said not to include any of class 0 in your team.
>>
File: XV.webm (3 MB, 600x336) Image search: [Google]
XV.webm
3 MB, 600x336
>>333817558
It's very boring.

If it weren't for Duscae demo I would have a huge buyer's remorse.
Forced myself through to Chapter 5 and simply can't get back to it and pick it up. Which triggers my completionist autism.

Duscae was worth it though
>>
>>333817558

didn't they announce a sequel some time ago? what happened with that? any updates?
>>
>>333820018
It wasn't really an announcement; they just said they have concrete plans for another Type-Next game if they ever made it.
>>
>>333819868
how good and dynamic the combat looks without the ravage combos
>>
>>333817558
eh, i havent played this in a while. it really got boring for me for some reason
>>
>>333819015
Not like it matters, the story is complete shit anyways. There, I spoiled the game.
>>
>>333817558
pick a few characters, use the clock exploit to power up a reserve team.
>>
File: latest[1].png (417 KB, 575x1160) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
417 KB, 575x1160
I haven't played Type 0 but I'm assuming Queen is best girl.
>>
>>333823449
Worst, actually.
>>
>>333818840
I just scoped shit, he was 20 levels higher than every other character I used, because it was so easy to solo with him
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.