[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which game reviewer has the worst taste in games and why is Jeff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1
File: dP8fd.jpg (11 KB, 300x222) Image search: [Google]
dP8fd.jpg
11 KB, 300x222
Which game reviewer has the worst taste in games and why is Jeff Gerstmann?

Also, does Brad even play games anymore?
>>
I've always felt that Jeff kind of hates vidya. Like it's just something he happened to make money off once and can't be bothered to switch careers.
>>
>>333811317
There are parts of gaming I still think he likes, but it seems to be mainly the historical side of them
>>
Jeff hates most things that aren't first person shooters.

He's right about Yoshi and Sonic though.

Giant Bomb is dead. Ryan is never coming back from his honeymoon.
>>
>>333811317
Nah, he loves vidya. He just loves bad vidya.
He spends all his life playing Super Mario Maker.

>Also, does Brad even play games anymore?
He's just looking for the newest boring soul-crushing "game" for him to get addicted on, because he's one of those people.
>>
>>333811485
Well, Clash royale would be that.
>>
>>333811485
How did you know he plays Mario Maker? Does he stream or something
>>
Jeff hates Yoshi's Island.
The only people who hate Yoshi's Island are fucking retards who never figured out that Y + Up is a thing.
>>
>>333811596
Well, they still make levels on streams and he talks about doing that at home too
>>
>>333811485
I thought it was bullshit that he strongarmed SMM into game of the year's top spot. The game is okay, but it's clear that he and dan get more enjoyment than most people out of it due to their public figure eceleb status.
>>
>>333811190
This man single handily destroyed my plans for buying an oculus rift. Should I believe his lies?
>>
>>333812417
But him and dan didnt use thier "eceleb status"
Jeff made levels for fun and put them up but mostly just liked messing with it and Dan just played jewish faggot and had a bet with him
The closest thing to that is their make a level with the audience thing they've done that didnt start until like mid january or something
>>
>>333812557
You should have never even considered doing it to begin with, but the videos on both the Occulus and the Rift are pretty clear evidence on why you shouldn't waste your money.
>>
>>333811767
>hates the stupid aiming mechanic
completely valid point
>hates the baby mario shit
valid point
>doesnt like the art style
valid point

all yoshi games are shit
>>
>>333812417
I didn't like how bloodborne was on almost everyone's personal top ten lists, but it was one of the first games to be taken off. Mean while, a game only Austin had on his top ten got in the overall top ten.

That doesn't make sense, regardless of how you feel about bloodborne.
>>
>>333812715
Austin is a faggot that strong armed Invisible INC (A really bad game, by the way, I played it and was incredibly disappointed)

He's the new Brad.
>>
>>333812643
>videos on both the Occulus and the Rift are pretty clear evidence on why you shouldn't waste your money

Yes I watched alot of both videos and it really is just a wii game level. I guess the high res of the display fooled me into thinking high res textures.
>>
>>333812684
Aiming works fine. Baby Mario is fine if you use Up + B. Art style is great.
>>
What are the funniest parts from GiantBomb's VR stuff?

Their videos are like 5-10 hours long
>>
>>333812417

People who grew up from the NES era like myself have been saying Nintendo ought to make something like SMM for years, since the original! That is probably why they put it in the top spot, it's a great game. I get it's not for everyone but it sure as hell beats the shit out of crap like little big planet with its crap floaty physics controls.
>>
>>333812715

that was some grade A bullshit

how is it possible Bloodborne wasn't even in the top 10?
>>
>>333811190

his obsession with Mortal kombat is ridiculous, it's always been a shitty fucking fighter that survived ONLY on its gore appeal to pathetic kids who's parents didn't let them watch R rated movies
>>
>>333815061
It's an uninspired Dark Souls expansion pack.

More of the same.
>>
>>333814803

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0JTkBZdyw
>>
>>333815312

- all new graphics engine
- all new weapon system
- all new art assets

I get what you're saying, but so what? it's a better game than other shit in their top 10
>>
>>333812715
I was cool with Austin overall until GOTY discussions, bumping BB for invisible inc was fucking retarded, and his discussion about Fallout 4 with Brad and Jeff made me hate Brad more, actively dislike Austin and it made me respect Jeff on another level altogether.

His new feature with a different journalist every week has quickly turned into a platform on which to invite all his friends to talk nonsense about non-issues instead of video games.
>>
>>333815531

Austin has about as much personality as a doorknob. If Vinny hadn't moved to NY none of this would have happened. Imagine if Vinny and Dan could do quick looks together instead of Vinny and... Austin...
>>
>Jeff Gerstmann

How can one man be so informed yet have such terrible taste in video games at the same time?
>>
>>333815753

he's not that informed.
guy doesn't even know that twinbee is a series of games, from the QL on that arcade release
>>
>>333815706
>VINNEEEEEEEEY
>Real talk real talk!
>We need to have a conversation about this
>I read this "Piece"(not article) about X SJW issue
>Forced a "we were wrong" section on the beastcast instead of just rolling with it like any sane person
He's the worst. His "I'm black as shit!, despite being part of the 2% that lived in the suburbs" attitude is terrible. You aren't a black guy that can talk street if you vacationed in the hamptions every year.
>>
>>333815312
No it's not because it's not on PC. It's not the same, it's a better game because of it.
>>
>>333815837

I'd rather he be a mulatto oreo than a full on ghetto nigger, that's the last thing giant bomb needs just to score diversity points
>>
>>333812417
>I thought it was bullshit that he strongarmed SMM into game of the year's top spot.
Super Mario Maker was literally better than any other game released in 2015 though. It deserves the top spot.
>>
>>333815837
jeff is blacker than austin.

That said, I don't fucking know why people still like Jeff.

It's like he's still living off of the reputation he got from getting fired from Gamespot for making an honest review almost 10 years ago.

He's just a "i dunno, I guess I don't care anymore lol" guy. No Ryan to work with. No more Vinny to work with. He's just the fat melancholic guy who sometimes talks about wrestling with Dan the attention whore who somehow is supposed to have social anxiety.

I don't get it.
>>
>>333811767
>The only people who hate Yoshi's Island are fucking retards who never figured out that Y + Up is a thing.
Or they know about Up + Y and manage to have taste and standards.
>>
>>333816231
He's still very knowledgeable and entertaining, IMO
I like his dry humor
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.