[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bloodborne
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7
File: fromsoftware.jpg (346 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
fromsoftware.jpg
346 KB, 1920x1080
MOON PRESENCE CURSED LORAN WITH VERMIN BECAUSE THEY SIRED BASTARDS WHICH VIOLATED THEIR BREEDING CONTRACT WITH THE GREAT ONES. VERMIN CAUSE BEASTHOOD. YHARNAM IS VICTIM TO BEASTS BECAUSE OF CARELESS USE OF VERMIN INFESTED BLOOD.

QUEEN ANNALISE IS THE LAST REMAINING MEMBER OF THE PTHUMERIAN ROYAL LINE. SHE IS SEEKING TO BECOME PREGNANT WITH A CHILD OF OEDON LIKE QUEEN YHARNAM DID. ANYBODY WHO CAN SMELL THE MOON ON YOU IS OF CAINHURST DESCENT.

KOS CURSED BYRGENWERTH WITH BLOOD ADDLING AS RETRIBUTION FOR THEIR ATROCITIES AT THE FISHING HAMLET. NOW THEY ARE DOOMED TO SUCCUMB TO AN ENDLESS AND OVERWHELMING BLOODLUST AS PUNISHMENT FOR THEIR BLOODTHIRSTY BEHAVIOR.

MENSIS TRYING TO USE MERGO TO ACCOMPLISH ASCENSION. THEY TRIED GRANTING HIM A BODY WITH THE RITUAL THAT CREATED THE ONE REBORN. THEIR FIRST ATTEMPT AT ASKING MERGO FOR BRAINS WITH EYES ON THEM RESULTED IN A GIANT STILLBORN BRAIN COVERED IN EYES. YOU STOP THEM FROM USING MERGO AS AN ELDRITCH LURE FOR MOON PRESENCE.

DJURA'S THIRD ALLY IS PAARL. YOU CANNOT BEFRIEND DJURA BEFORE YOU HAVE MET OR KILLED PAARL. PAARL GUARDS AN ENTRANCE TO OLD YHARNAM. THE OTHER TWO ALLIES ARE THE HUNTER IN OLD YHARNAM AND THE GATLING GUN HUNTER IN THE DARK BEAST CAVE IN THE HUNTER'S NIGHTMARE

HUNTERS OF HUNTERS OATH IS BASED IN THE FISHING HAMLET. THE FIRST HUNTER OF HUNTERS CAME FROM A PLACE WHERE SKY BURIAL WAS TRADITION. FISHING HAMLET HAS SKY BURIALS. HUNTERS OF HUNTERS DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO ARE CURSED BY KOS. EILEEN IS PROBABLY NOT FROM THERE, BUT HER MENTOR LIKELY WAS.
>>
>>333805845
>SHE IS SEEKING TO BECOME PREGNANT WITH A CHILD OF OEDON LIKE QUEEN YHARNAM DID.
Is Oedon the Chad of Bloodborne?
>>
>>333806035
No. Oedon doesn't even have a body.
>>
File: 1451847973077.jpg (74 KB, 706x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451847973077.jpg
74 KB, 706x1024
3deep5me
>>
THE DOLL IS A GREAT ONE AND YOU BECOME HER SURROGATE
>>
File: 3_1.png (232 KB, 460x464) Image search: [Google]
3_1.png
232 KB, 460x464
>>333805845
>QUEEN ANNALISE IS THE LAST REMAINING MEMBER OF THE PTHUMERIAN ROYAL LINE.

no, she just happened to take Queen Yharnams blood when the scholar from bergenweryth stole it from the dungeons.

>KOS CURSED BYRGENWERTH WITH BLOOD ADDLING AS RETRIBUTION FOR THEIR ATROCITIES AT THE FISHING HAMLET. NOW THEY ARE DOOMED TO SUCCUMB TO AN ENDLESS AND OVERWHELMING BLOODLUST AS PUNISHMENT FOR THEIR BLOODTHIRSTY BEHAVIOR.

it was the Orphan, since Kos washed up on the shore dead

>HUNTERS OF HUNTERS OATH IS BASED IN THE FISHING HAMLET

no where does it imply that.
>>
>>333806342
The doll is an agent or aspect of Oedon if you ask me. She's the one who's able to channel his voice [blood echoes] into something useful to you.
>>
>>333806569
>no, she just happened to take Queen Yharnams blood
Wrong. She knows what a Ring of Betrothal is. Cainhurst has tons of props and monsters that are only found inside chalices. Annalise, Fauxsefka and Arianna can all smell the Moon when they meet you. They're all Cainhursts, and they're all descended from Pthumeru royalty. That's why Cainhurst was using blood ministration and dealing with beasts long before Yharnam.
>it was the Orphan
Orphan couldn't have.
>Kos washed up on the shore dead
It's a great one. Death isn't terribly final.
>no where does it imply that.
Except the Crowfeather set description talking about sky burials in his homeland and fishing hamlet's entrance being full of sky burials.
>>
Will DS3's lore be as good as BB? Do we know much about it since it's been release in Nippon already?
>>
>>333805845
Bloodaddling and beasthood is the same thing, you dolt.

Modern Hunters are sustained by the Hunter's Mark, a special rune which symbolizes their resolve in the face of beasthood. The Old Hunters didn't have this, and instead relied on superstition and force-of-will to resist becoming a beast. Being "bloodaddled" or "blood-drunk" is just going insane from all the constant violence and becoming unable to control their beasthood anymore. It's the last step before your body explodes and you become a beast, basically, although the timing is different for everyone, and there's implication that the longer someone resists their beasthood, the more powerful of a beast they'll eventually become.
>>
>>333806813
>>it was the Orphan
>Orphan couldn't have.
>>Kos washed up on the shore dead
>It's a great one. Death isn't terribly final.

if you're saying that Kos could do it even if she was dead, why can't the orphan? notice that it is the Oprhan that you fight, not Kos, and the nightmare is only slain when you kill the shadow above Kos's womb, which is the Orphans 'soul' for lack of a better word

i'll buy them all smelling you and being related, even though i doubt Fausefxa would be able to get into the Chior with cainhurst blood. but they got all that stuff form their constant raids into the chalice dungeons. after the scholar brought the blood back, they needed more, so they sent expeditions into the dungeons after they discovered a second entrance other than the one from bergenweryth.
>>
>>333807156
>Bloodaddling and beasthood is the same thing, you dolt.
No they aren't.
>Modern Hunters are sustained by the Hunter's Mark, a special rune which symbolizes their resolve in the face of beasthood. The Old Hunters didn't have this, and instead relied on superstition and force-of-will to resist becoming a beast.
This is pure headcanon and not supported anywhere in the game.
>Being "bloodaddled" or "blood-drunk" is just going insane from all the constant violence and becoming unable to control their beasthood anymore.
No.
> It's the last step before your body explodes and you become a beast,
Wrong.

If Blood Addling was the same thing as Beasthood. What was the curse of Kos? A fish diety caused people to become wolves? Are you fucking kidding me? Moon Presence caused the beasts. The moon thiny

Another thing to consider is that Hunters of Hunters literally wouldn't have a reason to exist if Blood Addling was just a part of Beasthood. Hunters already exist to deal with beasts. Why the fuck would HoH exist if not to deal with a unique threat?
>>
Vermin aren't real, they're a hallucination of the blood-addled that drives them to kill their fellow men.
>>
>>333805845
Micolash is the key to all this.
>>
>>333806569
Annalise is definitely pthumerian. They've been practicing blood and fire magic for a long time, even before becoming Vilebloods. Before Byrgenwerth, they probably didn't know what any of it meant, just carrying on rituals that their ancestors once practiced, but they knew their blood contained special power. Maria was one of the first hunters, therefore one of the first people to ever set foot in the Pthumerian ruins, and she was said to have despised Cainhurst's blood magic.

Also obvious note is the Pthumerian Descendent, who is very clearly decked out in Cainhurst clothing, probably a Cainhurst nobleman who wandered into the ruins in search of power and went insane.

>>333807497
>No they aren't.
Yes they are
>No.
Yes.
>Wrong
Wrong.
>>
Do people care about the plot in Souls games? Seems to me like it's only there to give the gameplay some context.
>>
>>333807495
>why can't the orphan?
The orphan was still gestating. When we fight it, it's basically a screaming crying baby. Not really a good candidate for being able to understand who to blame for stuff or hwo to punish them. Either way though, whether it was the Orphan or Kos is a petty detail that changes nothing.

>>333807615
>I forgot the game is Lovecraftian
The things madmen see are almost invariably real. The mere fact that vermin drove Yamamura to complete insanity is strong proof they're real. Also, you can find them on your own without a rune by killing red eyed hunters in the Hunter's Nightmare. Not only that, but those special red eye hunters are also super strong. As if their being empowered by the vermin.

Here's some shit to consider
>Beasts are weak to fire
>Fire is used to purify
>Vermin are the root of impurity
>Loran Silverbeasts and Bloodletting Beast both have parastic centipedes
>Vermin resemble centipedes
>Vermin writhe in filth
>There's centipedes living in the poison pool under Iosefka's Clinic
>>
>play bloodborne
>doesn't seem to have a real story set in stone
>from confirms that there is no dedicated story in bloodborne because they prefer players to create their own story
>anons discuss bloodborne story
>some anons feel the need to correct other anon's theories about bloodborne's story as if they have some inside knowledge
Where the fuck does this retardation come from?
>>
>>333807915
Literally touhou fandom.
>>
>>333807915
>doesn't seem to have a real story set in stone
That's only because you haven't dug deep enough. Plenty of the story is firm and certain.
>>from confirms that there is no dedicated story in bloodborne
No, all they've said is that parts of it are up to player interpretation. Like whether or not the game takes place in a dream or not.
> as if they have some inside knowledge
Reading item descriptions and listening to dialogue and noticing level design elements isn't inside knowledge.
>>
>>333807762
he's not wrong. Gilbert doesn't go crazy for blood, he just goes to the beast form after the painful transformation.
>>
Head cannon: the thread
>>
>>333807915
I don't know. Bamco made a contest a month ago asking net users what the story of Dark Souls was.

Maybe you should stop being retarded since clearly even the publishers know there are stories there.
>>
File: 49678166_p0.png (689 KB, 949x1250) Image search: [Google]
49678166_p0.png
689 KB, 949x1250
What Cainhurst did wrong exactly?
>>
>>333808149
>I have no idea how to infer plot elements
>I never read item descriptions
>I'm a gigantic fucking idiot
Soulsborne lore is not for you. Nothing I posed is headcanon at all. Stop for a moment, put aside your insecurities and shut the fuck up.
>>
>>333808257
Got muscled out politically. Used as a scapegoat.
>>
>>333808257
people in the church got mad that they stole blood from the dungeons. that didn't set them off, but what did is when the knights and vileblood guard starting hunting people to get blood dregs. Logarisu (who may or may not be Pthemurian) led a group of church fanatics to destroy Cainhurst and cut it off form the rest of the peninsula that Yharnam is on. also what >>333808431 said
>>
>>333807889
We don't know that it's vermin that drove Yamamura mad. Also the Hunter's Nightmare affects the mental state of those who inhabit it, feeding into the endless conflict. The fact that roving packs of hunters have vermin on them is, if anything, confirmation that the vermin are an illusion.
>>
>>333808661
>confirmation that the vermin are an illusion.
All the hunters in the Nightmare are real.

At the very least they are more "real" the Orphan, Laurence and Maria.
>>
>>333808661
>But when he stared straight into impurity, it drove him mad. - Yamamura Set

VERMIN ARE THE ROOT OF IMPURITY.
>>
>>333808184
>Maybe you should stop being retarded since clearly even the publishers know there are stories there.
There is bits and pieces that are meant to be used by the player to form their own story. Once you look past the simple facts presented in the game, there is no longer right and wrong answers. From asked what the story is because, again, they like to hear what people come up with. Have you ever seen them shoot down any theories presented by fans for the game? Have you ever seen them confirm any theories? If so please feel free to link them because I've never seen it. All I've ever seen was them saying there is no dedicated story.
>>
>>333808863
Everything in the Nightmare is dead in the waking world. None of it is real.
>>
>>333809027
>None of it is real.
Profoundly wrong. The Nightmare is just another plane
>>
>>333809121
it doesn't exist in the real world, the waking world. that's why it's called a Nightmare.
>>
>>333807841
Soulsborne is the most autistic community in video games. FromSoft deliberately leaves the plot/lore vague so they can focus on more important things and leave the player to draw his own individual conclusions if he wants to. The Soulsborne community, being the autistic cancer that it is, demands concrete canon lore on every aspect of the world and goes through every mental hoop to try and establish it, despite it not actually existing.
>>
>>333809236
the general frame of the story is concrete. it's the minor details that when you add them up change the story for each player. there are concrete facts. but the details change the perception of the facts, creating a slightly diffrient story
>>
>>333809203
>that's why it's called a Nightmare.
That doesn't mean it's any less real.

>>333809236
> FromSoft deliberately leaves the plot/lore vague so they can focus on more important things and leave the player to draw his own individual conclusions if he wants to
Not really no. Miyazaki drafts up a huge coherent and detailed story and world and then only communicates key details and plot elements in vague and scattered ways. It's not up to player interpretation a lot of the time. Kirk, Night of Thorns is a Chaos Servant. We know these because his corpse is found near the Chaos Sisters. We also have factual confirmation from the devs that this is the case.
>>
>>333805845
>get PS4
>get Bloodborne as well because it's rated so high n shit
>it's the most boring, bland looking game I've seen so far on the PS4

I'll never get why people like this stuff so much.
>>
>>333808098
Normal people don't become blood drunk because they aren't out killing shit all night. They just gradually turn feral. Hunters walk the thin line between humanity and beasthood, and that's how they derive their skill. They essentially take all the benefits of corrupted blood coursing through their veins while suppressing transformation with willpower. That's why things like the Threaded Cane exist, to remind the hunter that he is above the beasts and is a noble human. However, so much violence could drive anyone mad. Call it shellshock, call it blood-drunkeness, the point is the hunter loses the mental composure that kept them from just going on a rampage, and from then on they start transforming into a beast. Gascoigne is blood-drunk when you meet him, becomes a beast when he completely loses control.
>>
File: LOL_Didnt_Read.jpg (159 KB, 1023x675) Image search: [Google]
LOL_Didnt_Read.jpg
159 KB, 1023x675
>>333805845
>>
>>333809383
whatever you say
>>333809383
>Kirk, Night of Thorns is a Chaos Servant
you couldn't have come up with a worse example. his armor literally says he's a Dark Wraith.
>Armor of Kirk, knight of Thorns and notorious member of the Darkwraiths
FromSoft lore is not supposed to be taken seriously, its just you autists who cant seem to chill out about it
>>
>>333805845
i still don't understand about the fishing hamlet
>>
>>333809383
>We also have factual confirmation from the devs that this is the case
Is there actually a source for this, or is it the usual "From confirmed my fanfiction to be true because I said so"?
>>
>>333809807
The inhabitants there begged for a curse to placed on Byrgenwerth, something (very likely Kos) agreed and cursed them.
>>
File: Bloodborne™_20160330211048.jpg (266 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne™_20160330211048.jpg
266 KB, 1920x1080
Can you even parry Ludwig first form?
>>
>>333809758
>his armor literally says he's a Dark Wraith.
Yet Miyazaki literally and directly confirmed that he was a Darkwriaght only as a means of gathering humanity to help the Fair Lady

>>333809916
It's in an interview. Not sure which, I think designworks.
>>
>>333809952
Stop reminding me.

>first playthrough
>be afraid of the Yurt of Bloodborne
>this faggot acts like a maniac
>proceed with the story
>come back
>blood everywhere
>kill her because she might get even more
>find out I was wrong all along
>>
>>333809548
Why does it look boring to you? Because you aren't supposed to go around using an overpowered gun to kill everything? Because you are supposed to think about your actions instead of button mashing? Because there isn't a story spoon fed to you through cutscenes? What exactly makes it boring to you?
>>
>>333810114
not him but I can feel the smug Souls fan creeping up through your posts. chill out. the games have gotten more popular since DeS but they're still a niche market for a reason: a lot of people find them boring or lame. opinions and all that.
>>
>>333805845
buddy, i just wanna slay monsters and kiss cute dolls
>>
>>333810305
>anon comes into a thread to state that the game is boring to him
>doesn't even bother to explain his opinion, or ask questions to understand why people like the game
>has an anon claim not to be him and to defend his simple post that made no effort to be productive
Good thing I'm the smug one here.

>but they're still a niche market for a reason
Yep, not smug at all anon.
>>
>>333810663
>implying Souls isnt niche
i dont know a single person irl who likes these games
>>
>>333811154
>i'm a friendless nobody who hangs around people with shit taste
that sounds like your problem more than anyone elses'
>>
>>333811361
>come into thread
>be hostile for no reason
>>
>>333811154
I'm not implying that at all anon. If you were level headed, you would realize that the game being niche or not should have nothing to do with discussing why you would find the game to be boring or not. Mentioning the irrelevant fact that it is niche would be smug. If you want to defend someone's right to talk about the game, how about actually talking about it?
>>
>>333810623
Too bad
>>
File: doll cookies.jpg (31 KB, 152x117) Image search: [Google]
doll cookies.jpg
31 KB, 152x117
>>333805845
Now now, Good Hunter, you're getting all upset again, don't you want some cookies and nice hot tea?
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.