[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you feel about byuu's efforts? http://byuu.org/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: s.png (18 KB, 823x462) Image search: [Google]
s.png
18 KB, 823x462
How do you feel about byuu's efforts?

http://byuu.org/articles/emulation-4/

>If my goal were simply to create the most well-loved emulator by the largest amount of people possible, I would have had to have ceased development around bsnes v073. If my goal were to create the ideal "accurate but still usable" emulator, I'd have to stop development today.

>But that's a sad end. There is so much more to do ... and there always will be. The lack of popularity of something shouldn't mean that it never gets preserved. You and I may not have much interest in the Voicer-Kun, but I've had Japanese people reach out to me and ask me about it. And I do want to emulate it, as well as everything else I've talked about.

>And so, going forward, my intention is to drop the balanced and performance SNES cores from higan entirely. They are a dead end representing the past. The old versions will remain available, and hopefully we can keep them in a maintenance mode as a separate project to keep them alive. But that'll be highly dependent upon my free time and energy levels, which have been steadily dropping over the past few years.

>Most of the value of these cores have been eroded anyway through the countless forks of bsnes that have sought to stall bsnes at past points that were more favorable to end users by being faster and easier to use.

>Thus, the future of higan looks bleak. The project is likely to become increasingly unpopular, slower, and more difficult to use in the name of progress.

I bet you dipshits just use yuh muh ZSNES and don't even appreciate what byuu does for the future.
>>
>>333797141
>I bet you dipshits just use yuh muh ZSNES and don't even appreciate what byuu does for the future.+ 0 post omitted.
there's no snes on that list anyway
>>
>>333799228
Autism?
>>
>>333799228
super famicom and snes are compatible both ways...
>>
>>333797141
>don't even appreciate what byuu does for the future
make his autism public knowledge?
>>
>>333800021
Trying to fully preserve everything SNES related.
>>
byuu and his emulators could disappear tomorrow and world would go on without them.
>>
>>333800134
So could you.
>>
>>333800128
he can continue to host his autism on github but doesn't have to make a big deal out of it

he doesn't owe us anything and we don't owe him anything
>>
How will future generations survive if they can't play super mario without 100% accurate hardware quirks?
>>
>>333800367
Who said you do, you ZSNES autist? Just appreciate it.
>>
>>333800527
>Just appreciate it.
okay boss
>>
>>333797141
He's a big autistic faggot who keeps adding useless over complicated shit for the sake of being a special snowflake, at least Retroarch and its cores will keep the autism in check.
>>
why's he wasting all this effort on systems that already have pretty good emulation when n64 emulation is in the shitter
>>
>>333801480
>Recently, a prototype of the Nintendo PlayStation, the failed hardware merger between Nintendo and Sony, emerged. After obtaining the BIOS, work has begun to emulate this device. While it's not all that practical with no games available for it, it is a very interesting piece of hardware, and very fun to try and preserve this hugely important piece of gaming history.

But what about the Nintendo PlayStation? Just think of all that history that will be lost if we can't 100% accurately emulate its zero games!
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.