[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Haven't played this game since the first month it was released.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: Diablo_III_cover.png (122 KB, 255x354) Image search: [Google]
Diablo_III_cover.png
122 KB, 255x354
Haven't played this game since the first month it was released. What am I in for /v/?
>>
>>333794467
Why dont you play it and find out fuckwit?
>>
more streamlined and not fundamentally broken by RMAH but still extremely bland and grindy, zero sense of progression and wow stats

also, the "lore" is still cringeworthy and the tone doesnt fit the diablo universe at all but I guess you knew that the first time

I dont know about the expansion pack, not going to buy a diablo game ever again
>>
>>333794467
a shit game?
>>
>>333794891
>>333794467
Crusader is fun but it's really easy to have a broken as fuck build and steamroll the game. I killed Diablo in 30 seconds.

Reaper of Souls fucks the lore even harder. Apparently the Horadrim are still an active order

Play on PS4 for a braindead fun monster killing game
>>
Grim Dawn is better
>>
You should get the RoS expansion or just skip this game altogether.
>>
>>333794467
A decent experience until you hit the end and realize that no matter how much stuff you build on top of shit, it's still shit underneath and nothing changes in the end.
>>
File: eustace.jpg (12 KB, 306x293) Image search: [Google]
eustace.jpg
12 KB, 306x293
>random tits mcgee introduced for no reason
>cain is killed by rita repulsa what the fuck are you you incompetent fucks
>tyraels a nigger
>why im chasing this butterfly cunt for two acts
>oh I guess the kid with be belial, naaaah they must be pulling my leg its too obvious
>the kid was belial
>well gee Zoltun, you could have just EXPLAINED THAT instead of creepy laughing
>master strategist of hell
>YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO DEFEAT MY PLAN IM TELLING ABOUT YOU RIGHT NOW
>HINT: ITS A WAVE OF MONSTERS
>why the fuck everyone is calling me nephalem, its the sanctuary version of nigger?
>a pointless fucking betrayal
>oh wow, they merged now, like fucking transformers, just to up the stakes
>wait a fucking second, the high heavens fought the demons off for thousands of years, how come they get rolled like bitches
>wow, what a fucking copout of an ending
>caine is still dead
>the only fun character with a good VA, Zoltun is still dead(just call him Zoltan, its an actual name, blizzard, what the fuck)
>tyrael still a nigger
>BUT WAAAAAAIT IN THE EXPANSION PACK YOU CAN SAAAAVE TITS MCGEEEE

I dont like it.
>>
>>333795714
>chris metzen

This surprises you, somehow?
>>
>>333794467

AIDS
>>
>>333794467
Lore still sucks, the game's fine though. Best Diablo game if you're looking for just gameplay.

>>333794891
>zero sense of progression
The game has more progression going on than its predecessor though hell it has more of a sense of progression than any other loot hunt ARPG out there.
>>
>>333794467
grinding a year for extra storage space. enjoy.
>>
>>333795837

I wasnt expecting a masterpiece, but it was so generic, bland and cliché it actually made me mad. Its like someone came up with the whole story and concepts during a lunch break and no one dared to disagree with him so they just went on and used the absolute basest, most overused things to make it slide. I could point at literally anything in the story and ask "whats that, whats its purpose, why thats in for" and get confused silence as an answer. Not even "rule of cool" 90% of the time. They went for the "epic" thing sure, some things are passable, but who thought magda was needed, femdiablo was needed, CAINE MOTHERFUCKIGN DECKARD GETTING KILLED was needed after going through the pains of getting his VA back.

Blizzard is supposed to be a multi-million dollar company, dont say to me that they cant afford some professional writers(or overworked interns) to look through their scripts before they actually made the thing. Its absurd and the same shit happened in WoW and Starcraft aswell.
>>
>>333795714
>zoltan: something's going on guys i'm telling you this whole thing is fishy
>heroes: shut up lmao your just a crazy wizard
>zoltan: seriously dudes this black soulstone, it aint right
>heroes: shut up lmao you're drunk
>zoltan: turns out adria betrayed us all and all the evils are in this stone! this is bad!
>heroes: we're gonna kill you now lol this is all your fault!
>>
>>333796715
The whole of Blizzard is in some kind of reality distortion field as far as story is concerned, because to them Chris Metzen is clearly a better writer than anyone else out there. This is obvious because he did such a good job with WoW.

When you work off a premise like that, why would you get professional writers or god forbid, interns, to look over the script?
>>
I feel like I pretty much have seen everything in this game and I'm not even Paragon 400.
>>
>>333797140

Well no shit, the entire game was designed around RMAH, stats, droprates, everything. When they tried to salvage it the best they could do is to turn it into a bland grinder, where you grind for everything, even for bag space and items either doesnt matter or must get with no inbetween. Stats also doesnt matter outside your main stat, just like in WoW.
>>
Got my platinum today since it's easy to get. Now that it's done I'll never touch that shit again.

The game is painfully boring until you reach endgame+, since there's no way in hell you can die until then and even if you do the penalty is a joke. That's my main complaint.
>>
>>333797981
Story mode isn't even worth playing
>>
>>333798337
They story is pure shit
The voice acting is laughable
The difficulty sucks ass
The visuals are not Diablo
A lesser boss kills Deckard Cain

Fucking Blizzard I swear
>>
>>333795714
>>random tits mcgee introduced for no reason
Pretty sure it's so that we can get a female Diablo pregnant with Tyrone's kid
>>
>>333796715
>Getting Caine's VA back
There's a thing about Blizzard Voice acting that bugs me. They are absurdly inconsistent with keeping certain VAs on for the same character. Even more egregious is when they change VAs but fucking use the same VA in the game as a different character.

Also why in the fuck didn't they just take the Black Soulstone to the Hell Forge and destroy it?
>>
>>333794467

>without RoS
Mediocre hack-n-slash
>with RoS
Best hack-n-slash on the market
>>
>>333795232
can confirm
>>
>>333800305
the reason they ditch most va's is they don't want to pony up the dough for them. so they pick new talent to replace the old talent so they can cut their paychecks. happened with arthas too
>>
>>333800305

Some people disappear from voice acting entirely. Take Jaheiras VA in Baldurs Gate. She disappeared from the face of the planet, so when they were making Dragonspear they had to go with someone else.
>>
File: 1413873928773[1].png (146 KB, 1120x701) Image search: [Google]
1413873928773[1].png
146 KB, 1120x701
>>333795714
>>333796859

Never forget.
>>
>>333794467

It's a bit better, they took out RMAH, BUT they changed the loot system, so only shit for your class drops. Meaning you'll never need to trade for anything like you would in D2.

It was a shit 2/10 game when it came out. it's like a 5/10 now. It's still not very good, but it's better than it was.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.