[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GK tsHcJOMI WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7GKtsHcJOMI

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?
>>
>>333775260
Konami likes to burn all bridges before dying I guess
>>
>>333776487
>Dying

I wish. Motherfuckers are doing better than ever. That's the worst part.
>>
lol konami fucking hates it's console developers.
>>
>>333775260
Why was this allowed?

https://youtu.be/8E5Nt8ahZRk
>>
Literally better in every way. Original James sounds like a retarded teenager
>>
Why waste money recording shit you already have audio of, just to make it sound worse and piss off fans?
>>
>Twin Cucks
Fuck off
>>
File: 1310732307866.jpg (369 KB, 2022x2535) Image search: [Google]
1310732307866.jpg
369 KB, 2022x2535
>>333775260
Motoko's voice is too fucking sexy for Silent Hill.
>>
>>333777685
Sound quality probably.
>>
Is this collection worth playing? I never played any SH besides SH The Room. I can get it for free if that matters.
>>
honstly that wasnt so bad, it even sounds better sometimes, the originals are too "robotic", like the VAs just read the lines with no prosodic variation.
>>
>>333776615
stupid pachinko playing gooks
>>
>>333777685
Either something something royalties, or they just wanted to change enough stuff to justify a re-release
>>
>>333778240
POST IT
>>
File: Silent Hill HD Collection Guide.jpg (1 MB, 1200x2700) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill HD Collection Guide.jpg
1 MB, 1200x2700
>>333778240
>>333778419
How do you want your HD Collection senpai?
>>
>>333775260
Sounds fine to me. I was expecting some House of the Dead level voice work. Why are people upset over this?
>>
>>333777685
Apparently, they flat out lost the original recordings, somehow. I think they lost some other assets as well, which supposedly is the reason for a lot of the graphics being very shoddily redone.
>>
File: Silent Hill Guide.png (2 MB, 1300x3170) Image search: [Google]
Silent Hill Guide.png
2 MB, 1300x3170
>>333778419
GOT YOU COVERED FAMILIA
>>
>>333778240
No. It's a horrible remaster. At launch, it was cheaper to actually buy CIB copies of 2 and 3 too. At the same time, it's not worth getting bothered by a shitty remaster.

>>333778267
That's because none of them were voice actors at the time. At that, Donna Burke is the only one who still gets work. And she was horrible in SH2. She's great in SH3 at least, she didn't have to hide her accent.
>>
>>333778547
Because m-muh nostalgia. People forget how horrible the original VA's actually were. I know I did, until I replayed the game recently.
>>
>>333778573
Being employed in Konami must be the coolest job ever. Every day is a fun house day
>>
>>333775260
are you faggots serious
it sounds much more natural than the original.
>>
>>333775260
Are you guys fucking retarded? The re-recorded audio is way better.

How can you complain for NOT getting shitty voice acting? if you want 'MUH ORIGINAL' experience then fucking emulate it.
>>
its been years since ive played sh2, and im itching to replay but can't be bothered to look for my ps2/game. is the pc version as good? or how about using a ps2 emulator?
>>
OH NO
THEY CHANGED HORRIBLE VOICE ACTING WITH EQUALLY HORRIBLE VOICE ACTING
>>
>>333775260

What's wrong? She sounds so much more seductive in the re-recorded.
>>
>>333778573
So fucking what? MGS HD was redone from fucking retail disks and it isn't even close to be as bad as that. In fact it's pretty impressive, all things considered.
>>
>people unironically like maria's deep man voice

i hate mcglynn. she ruined the series
>>
I'd have the physical edition from a friend if I wanted it.

So basically you guys are saying to just play the PS1/PS2 versions of the series? Those are even easier to get.
>>
>>333778507
>fucking comic sans

Every single time.
>>
>>333778951
>songs with lyrics ruined a series when you hear the songs usually only as an intro or the ending

Yurp.
>>
>>333776785
PC gamers don't deserve the real experience.
>>
>>333775260
>James' original VA was the worst of the bunch
>the man himself is basically the reason you can't use 3's original VA
M-muh royalties that I wasn't even owed!
>>
>>333779126
>never played the room
yup
>>
>>333779335
The Room had the best soundtrack of the series. And yes, I did play it. I'm one of six people who like it.
>>
James voice is a huge improvement
>>
>>333779060
Comic Sans can be done well when used sparingly and in the right places. There's nothing wrong with it in that image and it certainly isn't there to troll you.
>>
>>333779529
You know what anon, I think I see the light now. I'm going to type all of my job applications in Comic Sans from now on, there is a lot of potential there.
>>
>>333779418
sure, if you like evanescence
>>
>>333778267
I liked that about SH2

Even actual people in Silent Hill are weird and out of touch, like they don't see what you're seeing.
>>
>>333775260
how they fuck up so bad? Original had unique voices that fit the characters and HD has cliche gritty anime voices wtf.
>>
>>333779418
I liked Room of Angel, but don't remember much else.
>>
>>333776785
how dose it look worse
>>
>>333780081
Oh the lengths SH2fags go to justify shitty quality
>>
sounds professional and well recorded

VA give life to the character

sadly, it's the only good thing in that remaster

lel
>>
>>333780392
>Silent Hill 2 Sound Comparison
>How does it look worse
>>
>>333780392
Audio.
>>
>>333778887
The studio that did MGS HD were actually good at there jobs. The Silent Hill remastering was done by nobodies on a budget that barely covered the team's lunch for a week.
>>
When i was a kid and saw the intro of SIlent hill 2, i thought James was in jail because he went to silent hill, stuff happened, got out and started telling everyone, screaming like he was insane trying to convince people about silent hill. Police came, send him to jail for disrupting the order and Maria was a psychologist who wanted to talk with James. And in that dialogue "how do you know about that!" and stuff, she said something related to james experience in silent hill that only he and a person called Maria knew. Oh, and it was the same Silent hill from the first game.
Just wanted to share that.
>>
>>333780976
It was done by a mobile developer named Hijinx?

Bluepoint is good at remasters, but I still think HexaDrive is the king of them. Okami HD and E.X. Troopers were by them.

E.X. Troopers looks so good, you can barely fucking tell it's a 3DS game.
>>
>>333775260
there both shit.

vidya autists are the worst.
>>
>>333778781
Konami pls
>>
File: 1438642543569.jpg (177 KB, 500x705) Image search: [Google]
1438642543569.jpg
177 KB, 500x705
>>333780976

Bluepoint reverse engineers their games from original discs. Hijinks on the other hand lacked the talent and skill to do the same, so they worked with an incomplete source code of an older SH2 and 3 build.
>>
>>333777685
Other studios use the assets from a game disc and work from there. The people that did this used alpha or beta code with lots of missing stuff. That's why the textures are messed up and there are so many bugs.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LB7LZZGpkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qalGezr76o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xx1XJycgU4I

SH2 OST is so damn good
>>
>>333778603

A bajillion years old.
>>
>>333782043

>Hearing SH3's result screen music

I swear that shit leaves me feeling empty. You really get a sense of closure for the franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VepkMlahIFM
>>
>>333780392
Silent Hill 2 was designed very specifically to the ps2 hardware.
>>
>>333782043
i really like Pyramid head battle music
The chorus is like, really good
really heavenly
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d49Zl0fNyy4
>>
>>333780089

>Anime voices
>Gritty

The fuck?
>>
>>333781098
I appreciated this post anon because it reminds me of all the times when I was younger and I knew about a game or a movie but I had cooked it up to be completely different in my head from only seeing trailers
>>
>>333777685
I believe they have to pay the actors again to use the same recording using some formula set by unions. Sometimes it ends up being cheaper just to rerecord everything (ala MGS: Twin Snakes), so this is the result.
>>
>>333781691
Most HD remasters are actually made from source files. It's just not ever company maintains backups.
>>
>>333777550

You mean sounds like a person, whereas HD is Troy Baker's typical overdramatic nonsense.
>>
>>333784261
TTS was actually re-recorded because the sound booths they used for MGS1 were fucking horrible apparently and you could hear the trucks outside. But the potential voice changes were because Konami is Konami.
>>
>>333779151
That's straight up not true.
The reason the original VA isn't in 3 is cos they couldn't find the original voice actor for Heather, so they couldn't get her permission.
>>
>>333785125

>they couldn't find the original voice actor for Heather

Which was later revealed to be complete bullshit.
>>
>>333775260
konami was a fucking circus in those days they nearly lost all the code once during production
>>
>>333785345

Which wouldn't have been a problem if they hired someone like Bluepoint instead of a bargain bin mobile shovelware dev.
>>
>>333785284
It wasn't anything to do with the original VA for james whatever the reason. He originally wanted royalty fees from the sh2 hd version, but then let them reuse his voice acting in the end. Even if he said no to the sh3 VA being used, why would they care? He had nothing to do with sh3 at all.
>>
>>333785404
the whole thing was a fucking shame. that's the game i keep my ps2 for.
>>
File: Amanda Waller.jpg (27 KB, 852x864) Image search: [Google]
Amanda Waller.jpg
27 KB, 852x864
>>333777965
>tfw you find out McG is a cunt and you can't enjoy GiTS anymore.
>>
>>333775260
yes it's terrible, we know
this came out years and years ago
by this point konami isn't even worth talking about
>>
>>333785404
I haven't forgiven bluepoint for their SotC remaster. Made climbing the colossi a lot less fun and a lot more frustrating.
>>
>>333785514
>Even if he said no to the sh3 VA being used, why would they care?
He didn't. His voice wasn't used in 3, eejit.
By throwing a fit over royalties, he forced Konami's hand, and they needed to get permission from all the VAs.
Except Douglas' actor died a few months after 3 was released.
Never forget: Guy Cihi is a businessman, and gives nary a fuck about Silent Hill.
>>
Never played this game before, but the original sounds better to me. I dislike giving adult female characters deeper voices.
>>
>>333785863

Fuck you, Guy is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7UeDL86vM0
>>
>>333785863
Why did be back down and let them use his voice without paying if he only cared about the moolah?
>>
>>333778739

>natural
>detective is literally an edgy gravely old man
>maria/mary sound exactly the same
>james sounds like faggot of the opera

okay tomm
>>
>>333785692
>not watching it in Japanese
Serves you right.
>>
>>333775260
I liked a lot of the new VA. Don't get me wrong, the HD remake was horrible, and the graphical errors were unforgivable, but I really felt liked how seductive Maria is, and James sounds confused but not a complete wet towel.

I think that the main issue with the HD is that for some reason they forgot or decided to add multiple filters to the game. The fog was a filter they forgot to add in >>333778507
In that video they seemed to forget to add the slight static that the recording was supposed to have. The graphics seem to be missing layers, or the layer itself was applied incorrectly.

In some cases they even added weird layers to actually mess with the view too.
>>
>>333785863
I don't think he ever played SH2 for himself until after the fiasco

But Guy's an alright guy
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (14 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
14 KB, 480x360
>>333786308
English Batou is superior.
>>
>>333785863
Guy lied and told the team he was homeless and out of work to get the job too.

Watching that interview he did with The Codec didn't make me dislike any less.
>>
Why does /v/ hate Konami so much?
>>
I watched some videos tearing apart the HD collection and apparently one of the guys that worked on the original PS2 versions of the game said that the PS3 was worse with transparency stuff than the PS2 was which is why the fog looks awful in the HD collections. That's pretty funny.

But yeah, working with unfinished game files is retarded. If you don't have access to the final release source code you should do what Blupoint does and "reverse engineer" a copy of the released game. And they had the PC versions to look at too which might be easier in some ways than whatever data is on the game disc.

Another thing that was funny from that video is apparently the lead guy on the remasters was saying how there were lots of issues with textures and other things in the original release that they fixed in the remaster when he was working with beta code as if that didn't make a difference.
>>
>>333786856

They don't understand business.
>>
>Claimed it was a re-master when it was a remake.

That alone is reason to shit on the devs
>>
>>333786926
But they're fucking amazing.
>>
>>333786856
They cut Chapter 3 from MGSV.
>>
>>333786984

I meant V doesn't understand it.
>>
>>333786856
They were sitting on a couple of fucking gold mines in terms of vidya but decided to cancel everything and make gook slot machines.
>>
>>333787068
They still are.
Konami had some of the most talented people in vidya and they refuse to make use of them, for the lack of a better phrase.
I just want Kukeiha Club to still make music.
>>
>>333786856
They bought Hudson, turned Bomberman into a edgy cyborg machine then did nothing with the rest of the licenses.

Also: Pachinko, and the promise of more pachinko to come.
>>
>>333787179
Act Zero was all Hudson. Konami didn't purchase them until 2011. And then everyone fucking left.

It's crazy because there's interviews from...2012, 2013 that have people in the industry hint something is up at Konami.

Also, a head producer left the company in 2010.
>>
Games don't make mad bank like they used to. Konami is getting out at the right time.
>>
>Loved SH1-3
>Get to 4
>Fucking dogs everywhere, can't even run past them

nope fuck you
>>
DOGE ENDING IS CANON

SEARCH YOUR FEELINGS YOU KNOW IT TO BE TRUE
>>
>>333786452
>dissing Akio Otsuka
>>
>>333779418
Waiting For You doesn't make the entire album better than 2's.
>>
>>333775260
Honestly they're both bad but the new one is still miles better.
>>
>>333787573
Not entirely true, the risk of not making mad bank is far higher than it used to be and the cost of game development has raised incredibly so it's far more of a gamble but the potential payout is also way fucking higher.

A big issue is devs and pubs having unrealistic expectations and putting far too much money into development, like how Asscreed has only just been breaking even despite selling millions of copies or how Dead space 3 needed over 3 million in sales IIRC to be considered a success.
>>
>>333787573
To be fair, games like MGS must've had insane development costs and they seemed to want to make Castlevania a big budget series when all anyone really wanted was more metroidvanias.

Not saying they were right to get rid of Kojima, but a greater focus on production of lower/mid cost productions using their vast number of licenses would've set them better in the long run.
Then again, you could argue they're already doing that with the pachinko thing.
>>
>>333775260
>there are people complaining about the voice acting in the original versions of silent hill 2

their robotic monotonous voices made the game better desu, especially james

it made him seem even more like a fucking weirdo
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.