[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is the world in Dark Souls 3 big and magical like 1? or do they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: dorksouls.jpg (72 KB, 640x470) Image search: [Google]
dorksouls.jpg
72 KB, 640x470
Is the world in Dark Souls 3 big and magical like 1?

or do they really not know why people loved 1's world
>>
>>333759682
>why people loved 1's world
I really wish memes like this would stop being a thing. The reason why DaS was good was because of its gameplay, nothing else was particularily great about it at all.
That's exactly why DaS2 is so much better in so many ways, because it's a straight upgrade in terms of gameplay in most situations as well as actually decent looking.
>>
>>333760045
But one of the reasons DaS1 gets a lot of praise is the world design
>>
>>333760045
poke and roll is not good gameplay
>>
>>333760103
I realize that, and it's fucking stupid. World design has little to do with gameplay - the only thing whatsoever that should relate to how good a game is.

>>333760206
Then you don't like the game. Maybe you like the world, but you don't like the game itself if you don't like the gameplay.
>>
>>333760305
>if you don't like the gameplay
doesn't stop if from being objectively bad gameplay
>>
File: Lordran_large.0.png (1 MB, 1280x3840) Image search: [Google]
Lordran_large.0.png
1 MB, 1280x3840
>>333760045
>>333760305
>>333760206
you gotta be trolling, right?
>>
>>333760305
>the only thing whatsoever that should relate to how good a game is.
Don't get me wrong; gameplay is always the most important aspect, but your opinion is stupid.
>>
>>333760456
Not even close to where new londo is located.
>>
>>333760443
It isn't objectively bad in any sense.
And "poke and roll" is not the gameplay at all. That would be disregarding all the RPG aspects, gear options, magic options, etc. These all change the gameplay, not to mention that most fights in the game are safer to just "block until enemy goes into idle animation and then whack away". Simple isn't "objectively bad" though.
>>
>>333760597
>what is artistic license
It's just a pretty picture man
>>
>>333759682
the autism of minecraft players never ceases to astonish me.
>>
>>333760305
A game can still be good if the gameplay isn't superb. There's loads of other factors going on. The way I see it, gameplay makes up 50% of a game's grade, graphics is 10%, sound is 20% and story is 20% too.
>>
>>333760669
>gear options
kek, running naked or geared is the same shit

>magic options
all the broken spells that make the game a joke?

great gameplay there, chump
>>
>>333760824
Story shouldn't be a factor. At least I can agree on sound and graphics to such small extent I guess.
>>
File: 1436939560549.png (35 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
1436939560549.png
35 KB, 625x626
>>333760045
>>
>>333761090
I bet you are the same faggot that was in yersterday's Witcher 3 thread.
Fucking kill yourself you stupid sheep.
>>
>>333761189
DaS has better music, that's about it.
>>
Thanks for ignoring OPs question and swallowing the first, clear as fuck bait's reply everyone.
>>
>>333761286
I haven't gotten around to playing the Witcher series yet, so I don't touch those threads.
>>
>>333760045
I've never heard such a wrong opinion in my life.
>>
File: 1457627596924.jpg (233 KB, 800x700) Image search: [Google]
1457627596924.jpg
233 KB, 800x700
>>333761368
>having an opinion is bait
The least you could do is to come up with just one argument as to why you disagree.
>>
>>333761090
If a game has a really good story, I'm not going to just ignore that
>>
>>333760045
contrarian/10
>>
>>333761859
I didn't say that. But it has no influence on gameplay. Story isn't why a game is good. Noone in their right mind plays through a shitty game just because the story is godly.
>>
>>333762050
>Noone in their right mind plays through a shitty game just because the story is godly.
I never realized how insane most people are.
>>
lol u niggas is silly is the world big or not????
>>
So is there any verdict? Is it as good as DkS's was?

>>333760045
You're wrong.
>>
>>333760305
>World design has little to do with gameplay
Are you dumb?
>>
>>333762178
People who have played it for hundreds of hours (or really, more than a single playthrough) do it because the gameplay is great, not because of muh lore that they'll just hear off of youtube or read on a wiki anyway.

>>333763415
No, are you?
The world isn't gameplay, unless you can modify the world as part of gameplay.
>>
>it's a "retard spouts 'muh gameplay' while ignoring the fact that games are the sum of their parts" thread
>everyone gives him attention every single time

sah-gay
>>
>Remembers first time realizing you could see Blightown from Firelink
>>
>>333763584
>The world isn't gameplay, unless you can modify the world as part of gameplay.
The world is where you where you play on, how is not part of gameplay?
The world design, with all the shortcuts and all the connections between different levels IS part of gameplay.
Are you some kind of retard?
>>
>>333762591
>So is there any verdict? Is it as good as DkS's was?
It's more like BB, but less interconnected. The world's locations make sense together and you can see further zones from other zones (and the zones not being at a different angle than from what is shown unlike DaS2), but they don't have random elevators to connect a late zone to a starting zone for example.
>>
>>333764023
>they don't have random elevators to connect a late zone to a starting zone for example.
I think the only example I've seen of than in DaS3 is the elevator bringing you up on the bridge that you see at the start of Undead Settlement from the big swamp at the bottom.
>>
>>333764001
Gameplay includes things like the frames where your attack does/does not count as a hit, stat modifiers, movement speed and iframes, swing speeds, shit like these. World design is still appreciative but it isn't what makes killing dudes (THE gameplay in a game like this) entertaining.

Again, I simply can not imagine how someone could replay the game if they don't love the simple gameplay of swinging weapons in dudes' general direction and block/roll appropriately.
That is what you spend almost the entire time playing the game on doing. THAT is THE gameplay.
>>
File: Mind-blown.gif (996 KB, 400x224) Image search: [Google]
Mind-blown.gif
996 KB, 400x224
>>333763868
>>
>>333764317
You're seriously an autistic retard that has no idea what's part of gameplay. All those things are part of gameplay but so is world/level design.
The gameplay wouldn't be the same at all if the world was just a straight line in a blank canvas where you kill enemies.
>Again, I simply can not imagine how someone could replay the game if they don't love the simple gameplay of swinging weapons in dudes' general direction and block/roll appropriately.
The world design and non linearity is one of the things that make the game have so much replay value in the first place you stupid fuck.

I'm seriously done arguing with you because you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>333764317
>I simply can not imagine how someone could replay the game if they don't love the simple gameplay
Then you are really close minded. I replay DaS mostly because of how I find the world pretty and fun to navigate in. I never replayed DaS2 ever again after finishing it because the world and most bosses are absolute shit.
>>
File: 424235.jpg (40 KB, 699x637) Image search: [Google]
424235.jpg
40 KB, 699x637
>>333760045
>>
>>333760045
this guy gets it, DaS is a linear shitfest without the key. the great open world everyone talks about is a single shortcut, everything else is linear
>>
>>333764892
The game would literally be the same thing if it was remade to be Bloody Palace with Souls gameplay instead; as in just one room with a wave of enemies, and then the next. Because that's what you do in the game. I literally can't remember a single situation where you have to spend any effort solving some puzzle either.

>>333764934
See, that's the complete opposite of how I feel then.
I vastly prefer DaS2 in almost every regard because the gameplay (killing dudes with the larger variety in gear/weapons/magic) is so SO much more fun in it. It has literally been my one thing to praise DaS2 for since it came out, and is exactly why I'm to this day still amazed at people who claim that the first game is better.
>>
>>333760045
>The reason why DaS was good was because of its gameplay,
>good
>gameplay
laughingwhores.jpg
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.