[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the last game that truly made you feel immersed and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: persona 4.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
persona 4.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1200
What's the last game that truly made you feel immersed and care deeply about its characters or just getting through the game?

Right now I'm stuck in some kind of gamer undertow where I play games but don't really "care" about them besides them being somewhat fun or making me feel accomplished, but Persona 4 Golden really made me feel for the game.
>>
File: image.jpg (266 KB, 1600x900) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
266 KB, 1600x900
>>333759092
When they hooked the autist up to the hive mind
>>
>What's the last game that truly made you feel immersed and care deeply about its characters or just getting through the game?
Nier. Also the only characters I cared about in P4 were the Dojimas, everyone else can go die in a fire.
>>
>>333759092
Play more jrpgs, you wont find this on western games.
>>
>>333759092
You'll love Trails of Cold Steel. The sequel is out in a few months as well, and there's a third game planned to round up the trilogy.
Great characters you'll care about as you get to know them better, and a great story slowly unfolding. It plays a lot like P4 actually.
>>
>tfw you get attached to all the characters and the setting
>you kind of don't want to finish the game because that means their story is over

Never stopped me from finishing a game though. However, the opposite happens where I enjoy the game mildly but the final dungeon ends up being such a chore that I don't bother finishing it.
>>
>>333764145
Huh, I always saw that game. Been wondering about it
>>
>>333765327
Eh, I just never finish anything :^(
>>
>>333765576
Not that same poster, but I just want to let you know/warn you that this game is fuuuucking slow. If you're interested in story, be prepared to wait for like 15 hours in to get anything serious. The combat is decently fun, but I didn't think the social link equivalent is nearly as compelling.

I know the first game is mostly introducing characters and stuff and the second one is supposedly way better. But time will tell.
>>
>>333765576
Try it out. If you felt this strongly about P4, Cold Steel will be right up your alley.
Great characters and story, there's also a kind of social linking system where you hang out with party members and they get extra bonuses during battle. Plus, even when you finish it, there's two more games featuring the same cast to look forward to.
>>
File: 1327522909302.jpg (11 KB, 293x219) Image search: [Google]
1327522909302.jpg
11 KB, 293x219
>>333759092
>tfw finished Persona 4 in 80 hours in under a week almost six months ago.
Shit was fun as FUCK.
Wish more games made me do this.
>>
>>333765962
People always complain CS is too slow, but that's one of the charms of the game to me. It focuses more on the individual stories of your party members, fleshing them out. And the world building is really great. It's a great game to really sink your teeth in. Sure, it's a really long game, but it's very enjoyable. One of the best JRPG's I've played in years.
Honestly, it's not like P4's story was fast-paced in any way. New month, new party member, new clue to the mystery. Rinse and repeat until shit goes down at the end.
>>
>>333766245
I still remember my first P4 playthrough. One great summer almost 6 years ago now. Not many games make me feel the way that game did.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.