[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Thoughts?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: TreeOfSavior_logo.png (209 KB, 640x342) Image search: [Google]
TreeOfSavior_logo.png
209 KB, 640x342
Thoughts?
>>
>>333753847

pretty shit desu
>>
>>333753847
It's nicknamed Tree of Shit for a reason.
>>
It's fun. Nothing amazing. Its pretty also. I'll play it til the servers go down in a few years.
>>
Shit
>>
>>333753847
It's really fucking boring.
>>
A coworker was talking to me about this game at work yesterday. He was all excited about it which got me excited. I asked him if it was worth the $10 founders pack to play it now. He said yes. I went home and paid for it. Regret every penny. Granted I've only played about an hour and a half but it's just so uninspired and dull. When does it get good, /v/?
>>
>>333755991
It doesn't.
>>
>>333755991

level 400 senpai

never
>>
>>333755991
>I only played an hour

wow, thank you for your insight from something you have barely even touched
>>
File: help.png (91 KB, 338x138) Image search: [Google]
help.png
91 KB, 338x138
>>333756306
Nothing changes after the first hour.
>>
>>333755991
Never listen to your coworker's game recommendations again.
>>
You will not have fun if you don't pay. That much is clear.
>>
>>333757343
Is it possible to buy this token from others with in-game currency, like many other games?
>>
shit desu sempai
>>
>>333756306
You only need an hour to understand how uninteresting the story and game world is, and that the performance is utter shit. The people working on this game clearly didn't care about it at all and just wanted to get home for the day. It's complete garbage.
>>
>Try to enjoy it, make the first mistake of going to /tosg/
>Every single post there is either "fuccboi girl kissing l-lewd!" or talking about how 99% of classes and builds are terrible late game based on a particular dungeon nobody there even does
>>
I'm level 62 and it's pretty fun. Only worthwhile if you're a huge RO nerd or like old school grinding.

My biggest complain is how linear it is. The game would have been great if it was more open world where we could actually explore, instead the devs chose to give us linear separate zones that feel completely disconnected and are basically on rails.

I also foresee many P2W shit in the cash shop once this goes F2P after a few months.
>>
>>333757763
Story means nothing in an MMO. They should have just taken it out. How can you say the game world is uninspired when you barely left the tutorial? I think im getting trolled.
>>
>>333758326
First time on /vg/?
>>
>>333758738
I should have known considering how they acted on RO. Put those type of people in an environment with hundreds of class combos and its a nightmare. I have been a fool, yet I still wanted to give them a chance.
>>
>>333753847
I've enjoyed it but stopped playing waiting for my support ticket to be answered
>>
>>333755991
I'm level 119 right now. Literally nothing has changed except the game is now more tedious. Haven't touched it in 3 days.

BTW, if you keep playing, hope you don't get the bug I did that breaks the main quest line.
>>
I got a friend who reached 200 already.
He said he is gonna keep that character at 200, and work on a new one.
He said he wanted to keep at 200 to pvp?
I just keep thinking to myself how ridiculous it is to spend that much time just to make a high level pvp character, but I guess that means there isn't much to do in the endgame.
>>
>>333757763
the art does look nice, though.
>>
>>333759431
Music too. The entire OST is in the install folder and nicely named/organized. Best part of the $10 fee.

I'd tell people to just download the game and never play if they liked RO just to get the game's music.
>>
File: sappantsu.png (436 KB, 599x375) Image search: [Google]
sappantsu.png
436 KB, 599x375
>>333753847
it's ass
>>
Are there any modern MMOs that dont feel like a chore to play? I mean one where I dont fee obligated to login each day to burn down a dozen dailies quests, daily dungeons, or grind for hours upon hours at the risk of falling behind?
>>
>>333753847
>>333755991
It's decent as far as MMOs go, but if playing it doesn't satisfy an itch you should just stop playing because MMO's aren't great
>>
>>333758432
I'm not >>333755991 senpai
>>
>>333760616
Sadly, no. Not to sound jaded but they don't make games like that anymore because people nowadays don't want that kind of gameplay, I think they prefer the structure that a railroad, fetch quest treadmill provides.

Nothing similar on the horizon as well, I think those kinds of games are really behind us. Unless you pick a private server for FFXI or RO or something.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.