[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, excluding pacing issues and the obvious sequel hook at the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
So, excluding pacing issues and the obvious sequel hook at the end, what was so bad about TPP's story?

Is it the fact that you need to play it more than 2 times to fully understand it?

Or is it "bad" because it isn't what you wanted?

IMO it is the best MG story since 3.
>>
>Need to play it more than 2 times to fully understand
>When people were shitposting about the entire plot in threads months before the game's release

nice bait
>>
>>333725061
nice shitpost
>>
girl here. i think that the story's biggest problem was focusing way too much on yet another doomsday weapon, instead of the character drama of big bosses fall from grace. if they really had to have another save the world plot, it should have been in the background to the character's stories, like in mgs3 where the shagohod was just a backdrop for the real story between snake and the boss.
>>
>>333724141
The games major issue is that Chapter 2 is very disjointed. Chapter 1 is fine though.

The whole game would have been massively improved had they included a bunch of side activities and events on Motherbase, in addition to adding a lot of human drama on story base.

Stuff like Huey's trial was awesome, we could have used so much more of stuff like that throughout the game. Let us get to know and see these characters as more than just voices in our ear feeding us mission relevant information.
>>
>>333726070
>girl here
for what purpose?
>>
>>333726070
You're stupid, they're soldiers bred for war. If there wasn't a worldly threat nothing would be happening.
>>
Fucking plebs infesting my series, get real MGS2 is the best entry by far especially with story.
>>
The fact that for you to understand the full picture AND understand zero's motives (which i remind you, is the entire point of the Big Boss vs the patriots arc) you have to listen to cassete tapes that are completely optional.
>>
>>333724141
had nothing to do with the rest of the games story. not a bad game on its own but really is disappointing for it to be the last mgs
>>
>>333724141
The entire second half was almost a rehashing of the first in terms of gameplay. The cutscenes themselves where great but there was little actual dialogue and set up for some of the events.
The end wasn't a sequel hook, it was unfinished, there is a fine difference between the two.
>>
>>333724141
Nothing much, I think that, if you cut away the filler, it's the best story since Sons of Liberty.
>>333728581
>disappointing for it to be the last MGS
This, pretty much. I get where all the hate for this game comes from if it's because of this. On it's own, though, Phantom Pain was absolutely stellar.
>>
>>333728404
To be honest I loved MGS2 but strangely enough I have a huge soft spot for PW.
>>
I didn't mind the story.

I did mind the repetitive, unmeaningful missions.

I do understand the potential metaphor behind this, how war is repetitive and unmeaningful.

I do not understand why would he do this to a video game.
>>
>>333726070
>girl here
fuck off
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.