[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Ok /v/ i just got NV with the DLC. I've only played FO2
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4
File: nvintro.jpg (2 MB, 2880x1800) Image search: [Google]
nvintro.jpg
2 MB, 2880x1800
Ok /v/ i just got NV with the DLC. I've only played FO2 and 4 and decided to try out NV because i was curious to see why so many people like it

Any mods i should use to enhance my playthrough? I'm also sort of new to the RP genre so i hope this is not too heavy to understand
>>
>>333723816
I'd say stay as vanilla as possible for your first playthrough.

But do get FOMM, MCM, NVSE, NVSR, NVAC, and a .exe that allow Large Adress Aware, so you are somewhat ready for modding and don't have to put up with the shitty gamebryo engine.
>>
>>333724383
I understand when people hate on your first playthrough not being 100% vanilla, but i want to be able to enjoy the game with mods that fix little things that can get annoying, you know? Or things that could be better
>>
>>333724672
The vanilla game is good enough by itself, why do you think people still talk, rant or nerd out on new vegas ?

But if you're afraid of bugs, you could try YUP.
>>
>>333725108
Oh i know, i'm a sucker for those mods that for example add rainstorms and more weather effects, a lot of them helped FO4 to not be so bleak
>>
>>333724672
don't believe the "first playthrough vanilla only reeeeeeeee" fags.
Use AT LEAST YUP and the stuff >>333724383
mentioned. Then consider using Project Nevada to improve the shooty-shooty parts of the game and CCO to improve the RPG parts.
I'll post my Load Order that has everything I mentioned plus Weapon Mods Expanded, gimme a sec
>>
>>333725534
Thank you anon
>>
>>333725534
I wouldn't recommend PN for a first playthrough, without the rebalance you are stronger than you should be, and with it you are made of paper, and i doubt you have any idea how to balance the gameplay on your first playthrough.
>>
>>333723816
WMX, YUP (Mission Mojave has some conflicts with other mods and the stuff the + version ads is generally not that important), I would skip the sky mods since those make the nights darker than a black hole and I can't find any good personal lighting mods, Project Nevada is pretty lame I don't get why it's the most popular mod, and if you are going melee get the unarmed & melee perk fix.

More perks/traits may sound cool but the perks themselves are really vague in what they do, shit like "slightly increases the damage you do with melee!" doesn't tell me anything.
>>
>>333723816
google bugfixes and play mostly vanilla. This game isnt made for darker nights or realistic ballistics or good ai. Its just an rpg with guns nothing more nothing less, dont change the tone and keep vanilla. I wont hate you tho if you do otherwise its just how I got my 600+ hours out of this game on the xbopx 3shixty
>>
File: foranon.jpg (400 KB, 1434x1016) Image search: [Google]
foranon.jpg
400 KB, 1434x1016
>>333725534
>>333724672
>>333725875
there you go. Stable game, better shooting, more balanced SPECIAL and stats that work more like in F1 and 2 (ie tagged skills getting a +2 every time you put a point in them, check the readme on CCO's page to know exactly what has been changed), improved weapon mods, better HUD and decent graphix. And remember to make a bashed patch.
Also jsawyer is pretty important and I consider it essential, made by one of the devs himself
>>333725974
I don't use Rebalance because it fucks with jsawyer.
>>
>>333726108
fuck hit enter, "and the game is perfectly playable at one of the higher difficulties and hardcore mode". Plus the other mods give plenty of ways to run circles around the difficulty, like companions
>>
>>333723816
>i hope this is not too heavy to understand
You don't have to, just play your character. If it means fuck 3/4 of the people in the wasteland then fuck em
>>
>>333726108
god bless you mysterious stranger
>>
>>333726398
np amigo. Compatibility patches have already been taken into account, you should be set. When you set foot outside the character creation area some dialogue boxes will appear asking you what should take preference between jsawyer and CCO since they both changes the same stuff for a few things. Pick the one you prefer, you can change them later anyway.
Also use Mod ORganizer or you are a nigger
>>
>>333726591
thanks again, will post sometime later about the game and my experience, man every NV i've seen has such low level of shitposting, i guess people really like the game
>>
File: caesar.png (84 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
caesar.png
84 KB, 2000x2000
>there are people
>IN THIS THREAD RIGHT NOW
who don't worship caesar
>>
File: 41974-1-1306228103.jpg (162 KB, 640x415) Image search: [Google]
41974-1-1306228103.jpg
162 KB, 640x415
>>333726857
Also don't forget that mod.
>>
>>333723816
http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/59149 this is pretty much mandatory unless you plan on not using guns
Basically it fixes the collision detection on most objects, so you won't be crouching behind a car and hit it accidentally while trying to shoot something
>>
>>333727203
why is this the least interesting faction in the whole game?
>>
>>333727825
Because obsidian even said they didn't have enough time to finish the legion. Though with the time they did have they did a pretty good job at atleast showing some morals of the legion.
>>
Last mod I can think of is darnui if you don't like the bloated text. It's a bit of a pain to install and it conflicts with the mod config menu so you have to install UIO to compensate, but it looks much nicer.

You can install it anytime you want, so go ahead and play the game and decide on it later. If you do install, make sure to edit the ini in both the documents folder and the main game folder so you don't screw everything up by accidentally opening the launcher.
>>
>>333728565
I see it's already been listed. Still, follow the advice I gave when installing it, took me awhile to figure out how to get it playing well.
>>
if someone can keep the thread bumped while i make a pastebin that would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>333729160
Got you covered, (a pastebin for what though?)
>>
>>333729458
my list of mods
>>
bump.

almost done
>>
bumpo for my friendo
>>
what are we waiting for?
>>
>>333730634
here is your (bump)
>>
>>333723816
done

http://pastebin.com/YLV8DYJG
>>
>>333731681
>NMM instead of Mod Organizer
I really regret not leaving this thread die.
It's not 2012 anymore
>>
>>333731681
This thread is way too useful.
should have been on reddit
>>
>>333731681
i would put retextures that change the aesthetic of stuff to optional
>>
>>333731681
>http://pastebin.com/YLV8DYJG
OP here, thanks a lot my dear anon
>>333731889
What is Mod Organizer? I'm currently using FMM, is it the same thing?
>>
>>333731954
it's not optional, friend.
>>
>>333731681
am I supposed to pasta this somewhere?
>>
>>333731969
It's the tool for managing mods everyone has been using for years, the one shown >>333726108
It keeps the actual mods in a virtual folder that doesn't touch the actual in-game installation, keeping it clean and allowing to quickly remove/change stuff while the vanilla folder is kept intact. NMM is barely a step above manual installation, same for FOMM
Every guide and every user you'll ever find will refer to MO, because that's the standard today. Switch over right away (if you started installing mods with FOMM you should also re-install)
>>
>>333732251
you install a mod manager of your choice. i would go with Fallout Mod Manager, but some people like using Mod Organizer for some reason.

then you follow the instructions and download the mods. you should probably also register so you can download larger files and at much higher speeds.
>>
>>333732397
Thanks for the warning i haven't touched nor installed any mods yet so i'll go check that out
>>
>>333732523
i meant either go with Mod Organizer or Nexus Mod Manager. FOMM is weird.
>>
>>333732523
>MO for some reason
It's a straight improvement in literally everything, I wonder why
>>
you should also watch this guy's playlist where he goes into detail on how to install mods and talks about the different kinds of mods you can install and what they do

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF6F122CB27A4C085
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.