[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Impossible/Unfair bosses - Fuck this shit Edition
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15
File: MK9_Shao_Kahn.jpg (30 KB, 385x392) Image search: [Google]
MK9_Shao_Kahn.jpg
30 KB, 385x392
>Tfw playing Mortal Kombat 9 and fighting this motherfucker for the first time
>impenetrable armor while using dash attacks
>simple special attack stuns you so he can throw four hammers at you while you can't unstun yourself (40% damage at once)
>x-ray attack does like 40-50% damage
>can't grab him
>after blocking, he basically rapes you do death

what the fuck is this shit? never in my life have I witnessed such a HUGE difficulty spike in a game. it's quite impossible to win against this motherfucker and I have played all kinds of shitty games with shitty bosses

What are your nightmare bosses of all time? List some you think are worse than this piece of shit
>>
>jump above his head and land behind his back
>uppercut him immediately

there
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngt4dUGhiJE
>>
That was pathetic
>>
>>333710415

funny thing is I actually looked up strategy guides (fuck me) for this asshole and basically found stuff like

>you have to be unfair like him
>give him a taste of his own medicine
>he will see what unfair feels like

this is just retarded. a boss shouldn't be so hard so that people have to resort to bitch moves in order to beat him

thanks for the tip though. will try it out
>>
>>333710504

>that beggining

kek. that was exactly my goddamn feeling. worst thing is that liu kang is the worst character in this game. his combos are total shit
>>
Goro from mortal kombat 4 is at least 3 times as hard as shinnok
>>
Fuck I love GWAR.
>>
>>333710281
Every fucking SNK boss fight ever
>>
>>333710281
Seth
>>
>>333710504

>he starts off the fight taunting
>he taunts in the middle of the fucking fight
>he taunts before and after the fight
>he's taunting me while I'm hitting fucking retry

this pisses me off so much
>>
>>333710681

OP here, I remember playing MK 4 as a goddamn kid and being able to beat that motherfucker

THIS? simply impossible

if shao kahn behaved like in this video >>333710504 I'd be able to beat him. while I'm playing, he literally ONLY uses dash and hammer throws. it's insane
>>
>>333710570
Trust me. I used to have very hard time with him until I discovered the uppercut trick. Since then he's a walk in the park.
>>
>>333710281
somehow I feel the arcade shao kahn is easier than the storymode one, or I'm just bad with Raiden
>>
The best thing about Shao Khan is that you can feel his actual strength. You can see why he's in charge, because he can just punch anything to death.
I mean, he got a hole punched through him and it was a minor inconvenience.
>>
File: Vanitas_Remnant_KHBBS.png (224 KB, 342x631) Image search: [Google]
Vanitas_Remnant_KHBBS.png
224 KB, 342x631
Superbosses are meant to be hard, but Birth by sleeps superbosses are particularly bullshit.
Young Xehanort being probably the most bullshitboss in the series
>>
>>333710780

I played SF4 like three times and still found seth to be easier than shao kahn. I haven't played fighting games in a long time and was still able to beat seth after a couple of tries

you can't even hit shao, fuck.
>>
>>333710867
You know you can lower the difficulty right?
>>
>>333710945

can't say although I noticed that the storymode in general is goddamn retarded. I'd say I'm noob tier since I haven't played a fighting game in a long time but I even managed the tag fights

still, WHY THE FUCK do developers think it's fair to have 1 vs. 2 fights right at the beginning of the game?

>first fight: easy
>second fight: alright
>third fight: WE WILL FUCK YOUR SHIT UP
>fourth fight: FUCK YOUR MOM, WE'RE RAPING YOU RIGHT NOW
>>
>>333710504
>shouty faggot overreacting to everything
This is the most generic LPer I've ever seen
>>
>>333710981

I'm with you on that one. he feels like an actual boss but this is literally an unfair battle

usually, every fight you have prepairs you for the final one. changing characters all the time basically prevents you from getting gud eventually
>>
>>333711086

>lowering the difficulty

I'm playing on normal, shit. I ain't lowering the difficulty even further.....
>>
You forgot
>Simple special happens in 1 frame and can be done while you're hitting him
I only beat him because the AI chose not to do any of those moves.
>>
>>333710570
Hes overpowered, but also really stupid. He taunts randomly and takes easyly blocked hits (like being jumped over then uppercut). All mk final bosses are like this though. Most resent boss (shinok) has an unblockable attack that shoots across screen and deals 20-30 percent damage, and he usually uses it 2 times in a row.
>>
>>333711209

>doesn't recognize RoosterTeeth

you have to be 18+ to post here
>>
>>333711538
>implying that not recognising youtube cancer makes you underage
>>
>>333711538
Don't they make Red vs Blue?
The fuck is that shit then
>>
>>333711473

>and can be done while you're hitting him

this is so retarded. if he at least didn't have the armor during every special attack he makes

>>333711537

>He taunts randomly

it feels like that is the only opportunity to give him a nice combo, which he of course, in the middle of the combo, blocks like a fucking god
>>
>>333710415

OP here. lost at round one and tried this trick in the second one AND nearly flawless-victoried him. afterwards he got me once and proceeded to rape me till I had almost no health left BUUUUUT I managed to win the second round nevertheless

proceeding to the third round
>>
>>333710281
Main problem with Shao Kahn is that all his dashes are safe and to punish him you have to wait for his overhead hammer smash. The hammer throw is annoying but you can get past it if you time your jump
>>
>>333713130

OP here again. beat the motherfucker easily with the uppercut trick

what a pathetic way to beat a boss that should be supposed to be beaten normally
>>
>>333713720
Nice! I remember playing this on release and nearly breaking my controller, I was so upset with myself I thought I was over vidya rage
>>
>>333713720
lol man youd be suprised ,. in the super nintendo games you can land 32 hit combos on the final bosses if you charge v-trigger

they took allot out in the newer remakes
>>
BIK on NG+

Fuck.

Him.
>>
>>333713720
I love when trash like you go online and give me free points

You won and you're still complaining.

Fighting games aren't for you.
>>
File: Literally Broken.jpg (137 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Literally Broken.jpg
137 KB, 1280x720
>struggling on quite literally one of the easiest 'broken' final fighting game bosses of all time

There is far, FAR worse let me tell you.
>>
>>333714016
>>
>>333714096
holy fuck it would have been a lot better in my opinion if all the soldiers you defeated dont come back the second time you fight
>>
>>333714272
The worst design ever.

DScucks will defend this, however.
>>
>>333713852

I know mortal kombat is known for it's "hard" bosses but this was unnecessary difficulty

I like the story mode and being all versatile with different characters but in my eyes, I have like one fight to git gud with a character and afterwards those fuckers get down on my like on baby moses

>>333713907

I wasn't even able to do 20-hit combos as a kid since I was only used to street fighter and only friends of mine had mortal kombat.

funny thing is, I actually bought Ultra Street Fighter 4 from a guy but he put in the wrong CD and I got Mortal Kombat so this weekend, I'm playing the shit out of it before I send it back

>>333714019

I actually don't play online unless I get good beforehand.

I'm solely complaining because I don't see a way to beat him without resorting to cheap tricks which is stupid in a fighting game and shouldn't be possible

maybe it's just that I'm used to other fighting games (SNK, KoF, SF, Guilty Gear)
>>
File: latest[4].jpg (83 KB, 348x509) Image search: [Google]
latest[4].jpg
83 KB, 348x509
>>333710281
He's not that hard. Even on hardest difficulty he's still exploitable.
If you're having such a hard time with him, you probably never played an SNK game.

>>333710795
Taunting just leaves him open for you to get him, if anything, taunting is what makes him easy.
>>
File: 1455359991062.jpg (250 KB, 1536x864) Image search: [Google]
1455359991062.jpg
250 KB, 1536x864
>>333714096
>>333714345
>summon a friend and 2 randoms
>the arena fight is like a fucking battle
>the friendly NPCs sacrifice themselves to close the portals

I enjoyed it, but if I'm ever going to tackle him trying to 1v1 it'll probably be annoying as fuck
>>
>>333714984

>Taunting just leaves him open for you to get him, if anything, taunting is what makes him easy.

actually, his back was totally open for attacks during the whole time. I have actually never resorted to jumping behind an enemy in fighting games since I always beat them full frontal. problem with him was that defense is literally impossible in the long run
>>
You think thats bullshit? You never had to fight this fucker right here.
>>
>>333710281
He could kill players in only four hits back in MK 2.
>>
File: 1424236666919.jpg (15 KB, 163x177) Image search: [Google]
1424236666919.jpg
15 KB, 163x177
>>333710504
>he can't use Liu Kang's basic combos, the easiest shit in the fucking game
>I was literally pulling it off in less than 30 seconds after finding out about it
>>
>>333715120
I gave up trying to 1v1 it after a while and then the whole boss altogether after getting it to 1-hp, dying and then having the NPC kill it while the death screen faded in
>>
>>333715246
>kicks that cover half of the screen and break your defense

hell yeah, motherfucker
>>
>>333715374
>summoned an NPC

Filthy casual.
>>
File: latest[1].png (861 KB, 797x1000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
861 KB, 797x1000
have fun fighting him.
>>
The fact that Shao Kahn's boss fights delivers just solidifies that he was the best part of that game.

If only he was playable.
>>
>>333715246

OP here, I beat him as a kid actually although he was really goddamn hard back in the day
>>
I would say Shao Kahn in MK3/Trilogy is a lot harder.
He shoulders the living shit out of you as soon as the fucking match starts and doesn't stop.
Noob Saibot shits on him though
>>
>>333715352

>he can't use Liu Kang's basic combos, the easiest shit in the fucking game

what? I had most of my problems while playing as liu kang. I owned with literally every other character. the special attacks are easy to pull off but the combos..... gotta say though that he was really retarded while trying the bycicle kick since one could see how he was doing it way too slowly
>>
>>333715914
>Haha eat projectiles motherfu-
>Oh.
>>
>>333715914

is motaro playable? only did storymode and saw him once but haven't encountered him yet
>>
>>333716017

>If only he was playable.

are you kidding me? he's not playable? what the fuck is this shit?
>>
>>333710504
Thats how i beat him on my first try.

Him taunting all day makes it far too easy to beat him
>>
>>333716270
He is not because Neatherrealm is too lazy to rig a horse body.
>>
Maybe i'm just a shitter but Abyss in soul calibur 3 was fucking gayyyy.
>>
>>333716270
With a code.
>>
>>333716404

this is some bullshit right there. it was like 2014 when that game came out and those fucks can't give us two of the most famous characters? get the hell out of here
>>
File: 1422506440699.jpg (408 KB, 1484x1623) Image search: [Google]
1422506440699.jpg
408 KB, 1484x1623
>>333716189
I'll use the PS3 button layout for convenience
>triangle square X
>triangle square X
>triangle square X, cancel X into bicycle kick (or flying kick if you can't input it properly)

this fucking shit is the most braindead combo in the game, and it juggles into itself twice, there's NO FUCKING EXCUSE (Liu has another combo which is more damaging and hits low while the first one I mentioned is overhead, but you don't need it against the CPU)

hell, even if you drop the last move and just connect the 123 strings it'll still deal almost all the damage of the combo, you don't need rythm or anything, there's reason why people make fun of MK for being 'dial-a-combo', they're wrong of course, since it's deeper than that, but in this case it is fucking dial-a-combo
>>
>>333715914
This guy was the absolute king of MK bosses.

Also, what's with the weird whip-like sections near his waist that go into the tail? I don't recall him being a cyborg or anything like that.
>>
>>333714984
>SNK
my shitty le king of fighters game

just stop kiddo
>>
>>333716748
Supposedly he is based on a micronaut toy and thats why he has metal.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (30 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
30 KB, 480x360
If she's one of the last opponents you face, just walk away from the cabinet. You will not win.
>>
>>333716550

I think I haven't tried that one out before. I'm going to a friends house in half an hour and we'll play the shit out of the game. might try that combo out then

I really liked kung lao's combo which was "square square triangle square". kinda reminded me of old school combos

>>333716748

didn't he have it in the old MK games? I recall having a pog/cap back in the 90s and he had that metal tail even then
>>
>>333716843
>Shits on KOF, a game you clearly never played
>In a MK thread of all places
Oh, americans, never change
>>
>>333716550
RIP Jade. Too sexy for the world.
>>
>>333716843

not the guy but SNK was pretty alright. there were far worse games to be played

fuck, when I think about it, I never really hated any mainstream fighting game since they all had their own goat-tier aesthetics and characters

>killer instinct
>tekken
>king of fighters
>snk
>guilty gear
>street fighter
>mortal kombat

none of them is perfect and it's impossible to "love" all of them but they sure are fun and interesting
>>
>>333717385

when I played the storymode with kitana and mileena suddenly showed up, I actually didn't realise it's her since for the whole time, I thought that jade was the demon one

>tfw mileena is fast like a motherfucker in MK9
>>
File: Jade_TRMKp.png (269 KB, 482x378) Image search: [Google]
Jade_TRMKp.png
269 KB, 482x378
>>333717385
>>
>>333716850
>>333717290
I never knew it was part of some metal thing attached to the waist. It's not even attached as one piece. The rest of the tail looks organic too, or like it's just in some kind of plating.
>>
>>333717786

I never understood the cyberkinetic stuff anyway since I never followed the story to begin with

>play MK9
>see Cyrax and Sector in their human forms
>later suddenly in cyborg forms

they're not from Earthrealm and still have robot shit around? wha?
>>
>>333717345
if you play mk for anything but the cool characters and fatalities you are legit a fuckin noodle kid
>>
>>333710281
Fucking please, the first time he appeared he could read your fucking imputs and do frame perfect counters to everything you did
>>
>>333718280
Or just shoulderbash you over and over again until you were dead.
>>
>>333718280

according to that logic, one couldn't even win against him (which I did)
>>
>>333718108
Black Dragon/Red Dragon bring earthrealm tech to Outworld. Lin Kuei are like Cyrax are from Earth Realm.
>>
>>333718418

>Black Dragon/Red Dragon

are those the dragons that protected the two brothers? just read up on some MK storyline stuff since I didn't play any game after MK4 and never followed the story to begin with
>>
>>333718509
They are crime groups.
>>
>>333710570
>a boss shouldn't be so hard
Then go play fucking undertale and leave real games to us you nufemale, Injustice is better anyway
>>
Moldorm in A Link to the Past
>>
>>333710795
>IT'S OFFICIAL, YOU SUCK!
>>
File: 1424843373033.jpg (232 KB, 561x552) Image search: [Google]
1424843373033.jpg
232 KB, 561x552
>>333718679
>mfw Mortalfags crying over having to block properly instead of just holding a button
>mfw in one of the MKX previews, where they were showing off Mileena and one of her variations that can teleport, they mentioned it being used for mixups
>game ends up with block button anyways so the teleportation can't be used for mixups
>>
>>333716270
It is in Mortal Kombat Trilogy, why the fuck people don't know about Trilogy?
>>
>>333718192
I think you're replying to the wrong guy.
>>
>>333711076
>Mfw playing Kingdom hearts 2.5 and getting to fight that guy on the bike in disney castle
>Fucking cast spells that make him immune to physical attacks need to use magic
>His bike hits take forever
>proceeds to fuck you in the ass when he gets close and personal
>Say fuck this and cheese him with jumping and striking

Seriously even Sephiroth was more fair then this bullshit and he had a fucking insta kill spell.
>>
>>333710281
One mistake, you die.
>>
File: MKD_Konquest.jpg (25 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
MKD_Konquest.jpg
25 KB, 600x450
>>333718108
Speaking of which, has anyone ever noticed the fucking inconsistencies with Earthrealm's technology level?

Shaolin Monks and people like Shujinko are stuck in Medevial China, the Shirai Ryu have never updated their techniques and clothing. But it's clearly a modern day world. The SF, Tekunin and Lin Kuei even have advanced cybernetic technology. Like what the hell?
>>
>>333710795

Oh, does a video game character make you feel emasculate?
>>
>>333719194
Trilogy is really hated for some reason. Though even as a kid some stuff felt pretty halfassed. Like Goro and Kintaro literally had their MK1/MK2 sprites which obviously looked really out of place in the newer artstyle.
>>
>>333719692
Blunder God picks and chooses which societies can flourish.
>>
>>333718412
You could win against him, you just couldn't use the same combo 2 times in a row or his perfect AI would kick in anf cuk you over, you had to keep playing little erratically to defeat him and even then he was still pretty fucking hard, the new versions of him were never able to reach that level of bullshit
Thread replies: 95
Thread images: 15

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.