[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tribes Ascend
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: tribes_ascend_2.jpg (288 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
tribes_ascend_2.jpg
288 KB, 1280x720
>"The Out of the Blue update removes several features implemented in order to make Tribes: Ascend work as a free-to-play game—classes, for example, as well as a massive number of ‘sidegrades’ for each weapon archetype. This directly makes the game less viable as a business venture. I ask McBride if this means the decision to return to the game was more ‘heart’ than ‘head’."

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-surprising-return-of-tribes-ascend/1/
>>
>>333704248
2 years too late
Also classes were fine
>>
File: 1455870656031.png (135 KB, 256x384) Image search: [Google]
1455870656031.png
135 KB, 256x384
>>333704248
>“The intention is to at least stretch it out over a longer tail, so, if we do need to leave it, we’ll have a planned date, so we can make sure everything’s in order. We didn’t do that last time. It was like ‘we all need to go onto Smite, right now.’”
So they're going to put it on life support now after killing it? What a joke
>>
>>333704540
>tfw all the fun and shazbots are gone.
>tfw no more disco parties.
>tfw no more sneaky peaky infiltrator shenanigans.
>tfw no more going fast around the beautiful huge maps.
>tfw jews ruin everything.
It could have rivaled tf2 and cs:go in player bases, but noooooo, lets milk it for as much as possible as soon as possible.
>>
Can someone summarise what happened to tribes ascend?

I remembee the game had a huge following and then it just completely tanked.
>>
>>333705874
>sequel to somewhat popular game
>going along well, building up a decent community thanks to /v/ and reddit
>start adding grindy elements, unlockables that take fucking ages to get
>eventually go full retard and add p2w weapons and classes
>game on life support, community dies, HiRes drops it and focuses on Smite
>creator comes crawling back because he doesn't want to be "the guy who killed Tribes"
>>
GO
GO
GO
GO
GO
Tribes is dead, let it finally died
>>
>>333704248
Have you been sent by Hi-Rez to advertise Tribes?

I can't imagine many people actually still caring about Tribes
>>
Honestly my toaster being incapable of running T:A well enough at the time it was big on /v/ is one of my biggest gaming regrets
>>
>>333706582
No, i played it a bit in the beginning with a friend who just sent me this. I don't really think illl start playing again though.
>>
>>333706146
Thanks anon
>>
I just wanted to go fast ;_;
>>
The enemy is in disarray
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.