[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This game is fun.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 14
This game is fun.
>>
That was the consensus 8 years ago when it came out last gen.

Why you still want to talk about it is the real question.
>>
>>333671024
I'm playing the multiplayer for the first time and having fun.

That's about it really.
>>
>>333670694
You're right anon
It was a nice movie. I would totally watch it again.
>>
File: 1460104693247.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1460104693247.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>333670694
Hmmmmm
>>
>>333671341
Who /neo-v/ here?? xDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-3NO8HRazc
>>
It's alright. The whole survival aspect is weakened by the fact you always have some kind of ammo available. Plus the enemy variety was pretty damn low especially when you see all the concept art they did.
>>
>>333671024
Says the guy who probably still posts in morrowind threads.
>>
I want to fuck Ellie!
>>
>>333670694
OH LOOK IT'S UNCHARTED 4 DEAD: THE REHASH-ENING
>>
>>333671427
>>333671689
Stop
>>
>>333671606
OP here I started on survival and ammo seems like a rarity. Is that a serious problem on lower difficulies? That would take a ton of the fun out of it for me.
>>
>>333671024
Because this is a board about video games and LoU is a video game.
>>
>>333671753
Still salty that you can't play it, eh? Keep trying, any minute now you'll convince us it sucks.
>>
>>333671840
it came as a digital download with my ps4

stay mad sonygger
>>
>>333671753
> Compares to Uncharted
> A series that's only hated by people who have never played it
> Insult

B-but it's just a movie you guys...

Uh huh.
>>
>>333671906
>owns a ps4
>calls other sonygger
>>
>>333671934
>A series that's only hated by people who have never played it
I've beaten 2 and 3 and I only liked 2. Tried 1 when I got the hd collection and got bored pretty quick.
>>
>>333671906
Ah yes, because two games on the same engine, regardless of story or characters or gameplay (despite the fact the two play and feel nothing alike) are in fact the same game.

But who cares? Uncharted is great, even if you want to consider it a loose sequel in the same series, it's still fucking excellent.

By your logic, no company should ever make a second game.
>>
>>333672114
kys ;^3
>>
>>333671971
>not realizing the difference between sony fan and sonygger
>>
>>333672114
1 was a little uninspired by today's standards, it's also old as fuck.

If you didn't like the last of us, that's cool, you have shit taste but it's cool. If you're mad that the dev used the same engine for a different series (which would make fallout a morrowind clone, btw) that's cool too.

A lot of people loved the last of us. Deal with it.
>>
>>333672169
Fan=Mindless supporter

Remember where you are.
>>
>>333672169
Aren't you a retarded?
>>
>>333671819

Even on higher difficulties enemies will always drop ammo and/or you'll find some while scavenging when you begin to get low. The game constantly tries to trick you into thinking you're on the brink of running out of ammo.
>>
it would've been better if it was co op and you weren't logging around a dumb ass ai all the damn time
>>
>>333670694
SHHHHHH, OP.

That kind of talk isn't allowed here.
>>
>>333670694
It really is. I didn't know jack shit about it and watched a friend play up to Pittsburgh, and the gameplay on Survivor really sold me on it. It's just good, bloody fun. Knocking heads with pipes and bats and all that good shit.

I didn't know about the "LE MOVIE XD" meme until I saw the /v/ discussion much, much later. It only exists here. In the real world, it's a pretty fun, but flawed game with multiplayer that was just the tits until DLC fucked it up.
>>
>>333672303
Oh, I'm not him. I actually thought LoU was pretty okay when I played it on the ps3 but I got some autosave bug when I met that guy and his brother in the second city.
>>
>>333672572
And couldn't continue. I should have made that clear.
>>
>>333671840
Not him, but I'm one of those evil boogeyman PC gamers that you've heard about. You know, the ones who point out the fact that exclusives are cancer, to which you have no real rebuttal other than your generic tribalism, you low IQ nigger.

This being said, I can't fucking believe The Last of Us is the game that you console kids tout as the greatest thing ever. This is it. This is the game we're all supposed to be jealous of. I can't fucking believe you think it's that good. There's a cutscene every 5 minutes, and the gameplay is just generic shit that we've already seen 1,000,000 times before.

I can't believe people called this the "Citizen Kane" of gaming. And you idiots all just jumped on the bandwagon and started worshiping it, because you saw others doing it. If you think this game is so amazing, you simply cannot think for yourself. You just see others worshiping something and join in too. You probably also think Ocarina of Time is the "best game ever", in the year 2016. Learn to think for yourselves and formulate your own opinions.
>>
>>333672572
There was a patch that fucked everything up at some point. I remember deleting that fucking patch because my melee kept missing and I'd get beaten to death despite timing correctly. They fixed it, but, goddamn, that's not okay in a game where you'll be relying on your melee.
>>
>>333672672
This reads like pasta but I've never seen it before. Still pretty sure it's pasta.
>>
>>333672672
>to which you have no real rebuttal other than your generic tribalism

the rebuttal is that most exclusives wouldn't exist if not for first-party funding, which they only have incentive to offer if it means attracting people to their console

PCfats just ignore this every time because they can't accept that outside of free-to-play and MMORPGs, they are by far the smallest market and could not sustain gaming on their own by a long shot
>>
>>333672704
Ps4 version doesn't have that shit I'm guessing? I might pick it up but it's still high in price iirc and I don't really wanna play through the beginning again because I only played it a year or so ago.
>>
>>333670694
As painfully shallow and generic as games get
>>
>>333672794
Pasta has to start somewhere
>>
>>333672885
What, you mean indie survival games on Steam Greenlight aren't the future?

>>333672961
Fixed long ago, this is really old news, before remastered was even out. Remastered shouldn't have any major bugs left, although you'll still see them from time to time, and it'll PISS YOU OFF if you're trying to get through stages realistically with no deaths, because sometimes the bugs punish you unfairly when you should have lived. Bricks not hurting clickers comes to mind, that's total horse shit.

What you have to worry about is the multiplayer. The meta changed drastically since launch, it's hardly the same game. Still pretty fun online, but it's just a pale shadow of what Factions was during the first map pack release. It was a tense, slow, SLOOOOOOW fucking game of team coordination and positioning. Now it's just 4v4 all hunting rifles quickscope shit last I checked. I miss when my whole team would just get behind the other team so quickly they'd call bullshit in the post game (lack of party chat was so much fun it's almost not worth having it on PS4).

I miss it.
>>
>>333671934
Played them and dont like them. There is a part on 3 at the beggining where you are climbing down some wall and if you release the wall instead of climbing down it the way they say you die. Theres a point where you can die from like a 4 maybe 5 ft drop and its hilariously defining of the series as a whole.
>>
>>333672885
>the rebuttal is that most exclusives wouldn't exist if not for first-party funding, which they only have incentive to offer if it means attracting people to their console
Do you not see what they're doing? Are you that stupid? They're giving their weak pre-built PCs exclusive content, to give them artificial value. This is a problem, because it locks certain games behind a paywall.

Console exclusivity creates a scenario where you must buy the console, in order to play certain games. Most people will look at something like Bloodborne for instance, and they'll see that it's really the only notable exclusive on the PS4. So the question is, do I think Bloodborne is worth $60, plus the price of the PS4? Most people will simply skip out on the game, instead of wasting an unreasonable amount of money for just one game. It would be better if the game was available on all systems, and if this were the case, the people who are truly into the hobby would want the cheapest, best looking version of the game with the most options.

Anyone who defends console exclusivity cannot really care about the hobby. You think you are informing me of this system, no, I fucking know how it works you condescending retard. I'm saying that's not how it should work. Amazing how you just can't grasp the concept of someone questioning the system, no, I must be misinformed because that's just not possible.
>>
>shallow as fuck TPS
>GREATEST GAME EVER

Gaming industry is a joke
>>
Grounded mode is fun but you can tell it was an afterthought because the AI is really unfair at times. Sometimes as you're beating up a bandit, they will judo grab you and just kill you out of nowhere. Other times you will be pummeling a bandits face in and he punches you once and you die.
>>
File: btbv3rv.png (99 KB, 1582x341) Image search: [Google]
btbv3rv.png
99 KB, 1582x341
>>333673718
wait are you the guy who made this thread last night

you already got btfo dude, why are you bringing back the exact same arguments
>>
>>333672672
The gameplay isn't generic imo. The scenarios while you play are pretty fun and hectic, it really feels like you are doing anything to survive. If anything, this game freshened up the third person genre.
>>
>>333673718
Way to prove that anon's point by providing no rebuttal to "X exclusive would not exist if not for the first-party in the first place" and simply repeating your autistic need for it to be on every platform even if it would not be financially viable for development and thus never happen.

>it'll sell more if it's multiplat!!

They won't.

Have the money.

To make it.

In the first place.

Games cost millions of dollars to make.

Get it through your skull, PCfat.
>>
>>333671829
Be carefull, you'll trigger some movie meme loyalist.
>>
I liked how the game kept your supplies low throughout the game if you were playing on hard or higher, and some of the story twists were nice. The ending especially was fantastic, and I've never understood the shit it got. It was the only story aspect that definitively separated it from the rest of the post-apocolyptic genre
>>
>>333674120
Yeah man, I'm the fucking boogeyman! You caught me! Totally the same guy, you delusional god damn moron.

Guess you have nothing to say about all the JRPGs coming to PC by the way.
>>
>>333673718
...You're still suspiciously sidestepping the point about lack of funding without exclusivity agreements. Are you okay?
>>
>>333674249
>Way to prove that anon's point by disagreeing with him and explaining why I disagree with him
Not reading your post if it starts with this childish bullshit. You clearly have nothing of value to say.

>in before you take this as a big time victory for console gamers
>>
>>333673595
>>333673595
TLOU is in my top 10 and I can't get into Uncharted. I keep telling myself to give it another chance because I loved watching my friend play 2, but I get bored pretty fast playing 1. I'm like an hour in and just...eh.

I'm not even calling it bad, I'm just apathetic.

>>333673718
>manufacturer creates low-end prebuilt PCs
>funds creation of games that only run on their box
>people want game so they buy box

I fail to see the problem. All my favorite games have been console exclusives almost without exception. Many of the greatest games ever made would not have existed without console manufacturers vying for a killer app. We've got all of classic Nintendo's lineup, PS1, fucking Dreamcasts' small but neato lineup, PS2's giant fucking library of shockingly good hidden gems. Even 360 and PS3 had enough to make me not give a shit about PC, and I had a fucking PC. All I played on it was Civilization. That's literally fucking it. PC does have some great shit, but it's not everyone's cup of tea. Usually people would much rather just get the console that has the IP's they like. PC has very few IPs appealing to most people who just want to play a fucking videogame.

It HAD great arena shooters, RTS, and is still the best platform to play shooters on competitively. However, arena shooters and RTS are few and far between. You're trying to preach PC to people who don't care about any PC games, the IPs they like are on consoles.

>but that's the evil of it, those games should be on ever platform!

Why? Sony paid to have TLOU made, so it goes on PS3 and 4. Same with BB and DeS. It's their game, on their box. Who gives a shit about playing it on a different box, or a $2000 box?

Also

>gaming
>hobby

Get a real hobby. Vidya is an activity. You are creating nothing, building no discipline at anything. Build a model, practice a martial art FFS, breed some emu, who gives a shit, but vidya are not a hobby. They're an activity like watching movies.
>>
>>333674335
>Yeah man, I'm the fucking boogeyman

no you're just hella stupid and won't listen to anyone who's corrected your assumptions about how this all works

go away and take your reddit-tier understanding of the industry with you
>>
File: aliums.gif (1 MB, 346x188) Image search: [Google]
aliums.gif
1 MB, 346x188
TLOU is better than all three uncharteds combined.
>>
>>333674415
>sidestepping it
>by directly addressing it and explaining why you're wrong about it
Or... maybe you're just wrong? No no that's not an option. See you in the next thread, where I'll debunk your point concisely and directly once again, to which you will continue to say that "PCfats always ignore it" and claim "sidestepping".
>>
>>333674120
I thought of the same thread when I read his post, so I'm going to guess that it is him.
>>
Yeah this game is the shit I still play it on ps4 my only concern wit it is that there's no infected on the multiplayer wtf why!?
>>
>>333674450
>You clearly have nothing of value to say.

says the guy who has 0 fucking clue what he's talking about and just really wants everything to be on PC because of severely misplaced notions of how game developers make their profits
>>
>>333674620
Would have been cool if the maps had neutral infected that are roaming around while you are playing team deathmatch.
>>
File: conflicted_pics.jpg (56 KB, 693x693) Image search: [Google]
conflicted_pics.jpg
56 KB, 693x693
>>333674587
>>333674450
>>333674335

Holy autism. I am actually witnessing a youtube-style illogical fanboy in the wild.
>>
Honestly, I loved the Last Of Us, it's fucking fun. I loved the soundtrack, the game was beautiful and the character development was amazing. I will love it always. Yeah, of course people will have their shit opinions on it, but fuck those people honestly. It's a good game and if they fail to realize that, then fuck them, who needs them?
>>
>>333674596
i mean it is the exact same posting style and same reactions to being corrected on really basic aspects of this weird-ass argument he's built for himself that he seems to think is airtight
>>
>>333674870
The soundtrack made the whole thing for me. I do love the game, but I would have passed on it if not for Gustavo S. (I'm spelling that goddamned last name).

It made the gameplay, it made every moment of every cutscene, it even left its mark on the multiplayer.
>>
>>333674872
Yeah, I figure if autists like that are what I'm spending my time around then I should probably bounce. Like, even right now he is for sure typing up yet another variation on that same paragraph he posts over and over without addressing anything we've told him. Even I have better things to do, especially if it's obvious to everyone where his argument comes up short (and it's pretty much right out of the gate).

The way he presents it as wanting a "discussion" instead of just people nodding along with him is kinda creepy too. If that's what he wanted he should just go to r/pcmasterrace, especially since his belief system w/r/t all this stuff is just their worldview slapped with a thesaurus.
>>
>>333674475
>>manufacturer creates low-end prebuilt PCs
>>funds creation of games that only run on their box
>>people want game so they buy box
Again, acting like I don't understand this. No, I understand it perfectly. It's a fucking stupid system, and you're so brainwashed that you are apparently too stupid to comprehend the concept of somebody criticizing the system. Clearly I just don't understand it, otherwise I would be in favor of it. That's your fucking argument.
>I fail to see the problem.
Uh I just got done explaining the problem. The problem is that you have to buy the console in order to play the game. It's a huge ripoff. I'd rather just buy the game for $20 on steam, instead of buying an inferior version of the game for $460.
>>
>>333674749
Yeah exactly y didn't it any thoughts?
>>
>>333673718
>Anyone who defends console exclusivity cannot really care about the hobby.

Hundreds of games I've loved would not exist if not for console exclusivity. You're a moron who thinks all exclusives are console makers tossing money to keep it from the other guys, rather than console makers providing the capital necessary to make the game in the first place in exchange for exclusivity.

Condescending to someone as clueless as you about something they clearly give way too much of a shit about is unavoidable.
>>
>>333675217
So you're actually just whining that your platform doesn't have the games you want?
>>
>bought the game for the multiplayer 6 months ago on ps3
>still playing it
shits good yo
>>
>>333674509
>assumptions about how this all works
Everything I've said has been factual. No assumptions at all. You're an idiot.

>>333674756
Yet you can't explain why, and I've debunked every single shitty argument you idiots have presented against what I'm saying. So do you have an argument, or just your shitty reddit memes?

>>333674596
>>333674872
>>333675150
This is a hilariously delusional conspiracy theory.
>>
>>333675217
>The problem is that you have to buy the console in order to play the game.

And the game wouldn't exist if not for the console maker paying for it to exist. But you want them to shoot themselves in the foot and make it available on other platforms (well, just PC really) because [neckbeard squaking noises].

It's either this system, or the games wouldn't be made at all. Why dozens of people trying to tell you this have fallen on deaf ears, I don't know.
>>
>>333672373
Thats good game design.

Randomly watched some gameplay footage the other day that reminded me how good this game is. Hand to hand combat is so fucking satisfying- in this game it actually feels like youre beating dudes to death
>>
>>333673718
>>333672672

This is your brain on r/cynicalbrit.

Not even once.
>>
>>333675402
>Hundreds of games I've loved would not exist if not for console exclusivity.
And hundreds of games you would have loved do not exist because the system that I'm suggesting is not in place. This isn't an argument, there will be good games no matter what.
>You're a moron who thinks all exclusives are console makers tossing money to keep it from the other guys, rather than console makers providing the capital necessary to make the game in the first place in exchange for exclusivity.
I'm not the moron. You are. You're a moron who thinks console makers aren't trying to make money, like that's not their goal or something. You think console exclusivity isn't to make money, you think it's genuinely good for gaming. What a god damn joke.
>Condescending to someone as clueless as you about something they clearly give way too much of a shit about is unavoidable.
So you concede that I care about it more than you. Good to know. Because we should probably listen to the people who care and want the hobby to improve, not the idiots like you who just don't give a shit yet still think you have something of value to say for some reason.

>>333675410
No, I'm criticizing the concept of console exclusivity. This is something that affects everybody who plays video games, because it makes video games more expensive and gives the players fewer options.

But good to know that you want to spin it as me "just whining". I take that as a sign that I'm winning. Guess you have nothing better to say. You've run out of arguments.
>>
>>333675918
>You think console exclusivity isn't to make money

you illiterate fat fuck that is literally the opposite of our argument

it's what makes them money and where your argument fails is in demanding a system that would put them in the red instead
>>
>>333675570
>And the game wouldn't exist if not for the console maker paying for it to exist. But you want them to shoot themselves in the foot and make it available on other platforms (well, just PC really) because [neckbeard squaking noises].
Oh yeah, no reason to make it available on other platforms. More people being able to play the game for a lower price, and not forcing shitty hardware on people? Haha! That's just not a reason I guess.

>It's either this system, or the games wouldn't be made at all. Why dozens of people trying to tell you this have fallen on deaf ears, I don't know.
Probably because I just explained why it's fucking wrong. Why you can't grasp the concept of your shitty assertion being wrong, even AFTER I EXPLAINED WHY IT'S WRONG, I don't know.

>>333675847
The hilarious thing is that I've never been there once in my entire life. You apparently have though since you know about it. Care to explain yourself?
>>
>>333675918
>And hundreds of games you would have loved do not exist because the system that I'm suggesting is not in place.

That makes no fucking sense. There's no restrictions on going multiplat if you have the startup for it.
>>
>>333676175
>More people being able to play the game for a lower price, and not forcing shitty hardware on people?

Aaaand there it is. "I don't care if it wouldn't make sense for them business-wise and would perhaps make their venture a net loss or prevent the game from ever being made; I want every game on PC so I can run it better."
>>
>>333676082
>you illiterate fat fuck that is literally the opposite of our argument
Speak for yourself fucktard. That's what he just implied.
>it's what makes them money and where your argument fails is in demanding a system that would put them in the red instead
>putting the game on another system, and thus increasing the amount of people who would buy it, puts game developers "in the red"
Yeah guess that's why all the devs who put their games on multiple consoles and on the PC all went out of business.
>>
>>333676204
>That makes no fucking sense. There's no restrictions on going multiplat if you have the startup for it.
Now you're just changing the subject.

>>333676329
Aaaand there it is, a quote that I'm not even going to read because it's a fucking strawman argument.

Keep going guys, you guys are proving how hilariously dogmatic console gamers are. NOBODY can question your system, otherwise they clearly just don't understand it.
>>
>>333676572
you aren't questioning it

you're just literally wrong about what it even is
>>
>>333676647
Proving my point. Keep going.
>>
>>333676572
>Now you're just changing the subject.
No, I'm pointing out that anyone can go multiplat if they want to and have the money. The system you want already exists. It exists alongside another one that allows for other games to be made. You want to burn down the latter because you don't like it, don't really understand it, and have crippling aspergers.

I didn't change the subject at all, I called you out.
>>
>>333676803
Again, proving my point that if anybody questions your system, they simply don't understand it.

How am I supposed to like this system that makes games more expensive and requires people to buy console if they want to play certain games again? How the fuck could I even claim to somehow like that idea, even if I wanted to? Are you legitimately retarded?
>>
>>333676980
>How am I supposed to like this system that makes games more expensive and requires people to buy console if they want to play certain games again?

Because those games wouldn't exist otherwise. Simple as that. Bash your head against it all you like.
>>
>>333677071
You have no proof that the games wouldn't have existed. You just assume weak PCs are necessary in order for games that could have been put on strong PCs to exist, for some reason. Literally a fucking retarded argument that a kindergartner would be able to debunk. Anyone can see why that's clearly wrong.
>>
>>333677223
>You just assume weak PCs are necessary in order for games that could have been put on strong PCs to exist, for some reason.

I know (not assume; know) that first parties fund and assist game development to attract people to their console.

This is something you clearly *don't* know.

Ever notice how few PC games take advantage of the hardware? Hell, Crysis was the last one to really do it and that was a decade ago. That's what happens without first-party support.
>>
It's a great game, put it on grounded and get your shit pushed in.

It's not the best game ever as memer nu males would say, but nor is it 'le shitty movie I sure like movies !' That those fucking fanny's who play on pc say it is.

The multiplayer is great fun as well.
>>
File: 1418356183782.gif (3 MB, 244x250) Image search: [Google]
1418356183782.gif
3 MB, 244x250
>great set pieces and art direction
>terribly linear LADDER PUZZLES

oh...
>>
>>333677689
Why can't Naughty Dog into puzzles at all?
>>
>3 types of enemies
>3 types of puzzles
>Corridor gameplay

10/10
>>
>>333677568
>I know (not assume; know) that first parties fund and assist game development to attract people to their console.
>This is something you clearly *don't* know.
And I know (not assume; know) that this is a fucking SCAM.
>Ever notice how few PC games take advantage of the hardware? Hell, Crysis was the last one to really do it and that was a decade ago. That's what happens without first-party support.
This is always a weak argument. You can't play whatever you want on your PC. You don't just have to play games with good graphics.
>>
Pc fats who dislike this game, post your top played steam games, let us see who the patricians are among us.

It was hilarious last time.
>>
>>333677568
Also, in a case like Bloodborne, it's not like From was fucking poor or something. They were massively successful from DeS, DaS1, DaS2, etc. And Sony paid them to make an exclusive game for the PS4. I don't see why you don't understand that concept, and why it's a bad thing. They could have and should have made the game on PC, just like they did with the other games.

Even in a case like Bayonetta 2, circumstances could have and should have been different, so that the game could be released on PC and not as a Wii U exclusive. Here's what you don't get - I understand that Nintendo paid them to make the game for their platform. I don't like that concept. I think it's stupid, for all of the reasons which I have described. You have no proper rebuttal to this.

Your argument is completely disingenuous because it relies on this assertion that games HAVE to be made the in way you're describing. No, I think things could have been different, regardless of the situation the developer is in. There is no excuse not to put the game on PC, and let the player use whatever controller they want, and not force them to buy new hardware to play the game. Also, maybe if a developer is doing so poorly that they need Nintendo, Sony, or Microsoft to "help" them, maybe that's a sign that people aren't buying their games because their games aren't fun? You have tried to argue that "Hundreds of games I've loved would not exist if not for console exclusivity.", yet these developers are doing poorly, are you saying that's just for no reason?
>>
File: 1020272990.jpg (65 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1020272990.jpg
65 KB, 640x480
>>333677957
Beats me. The first Jak and Daxter had really simple but really delightfully designed puzzles once you figured them out. I can't speak to later games or Uncharted, since I've skipped almost all of them but I've seen they know how to incorporate environment into the puzzles besides just hefting a fucking ladder everywhere.
>>
>>333677997
>>333677957
>>333677689
I fucking hate puzzles in vidya

Not having them is a + for me, or having them straight forward

Fuck if I wanted to have complex puzzles I'd find a proper game for it
TLoU is not that.

It's like complaining about a documentary of volcanos doesn't go too deep about water.
It doesn't because it's not supposed to.
>>
>>333678030
Chivalry: Medieval Warfare
Dark Souls
The Binding of Isaac
VVVVVV
Cave Story
Terraria
Hotline Miami 1 and 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Dishonored
Fallout: New Vegas
The Talos Principle

Can't wait to see your laughable attempt to predictably discredit these games (mostly just lying and calling them "shit", and / or desperately reaching for reasons why they """don't count"""). All of these games are objectively better than TLOU - One of the most overrated games of all time.
>>
>>333678498
The ass pain is real.

>>>/r/pcmasterrace
>>
>>333678593
Your ass pain is real because I listed games in spite of what you said, knowing exactly how you'd respond, you predictable disingenuous pile of shit.
>>
File: 139457414481.jpg (102 KB, 400x388) Image search: [Google]
139457414481.jpg
102 KB, 400x388
>>333678663
I'm not even that guy but I'll take your rage towards him and drink it
>>
>>333678498
TLOU is overrated but several of those games you listed arent as good as the whole TLOU package.

Nothing there puts you in a position to crow about the overstatement of TLOU's merit as a game.
>>
>>333678498
Literally every single one of those is multiplat so they don't count :^)
>>
>>333678663
you should really calm down and have some tea

i mean apparently this is your second night in a row of getting mad about how wrong you are about this one specific topic

that can't be healthy
>>
>>333678498
Most of them "indies" ->> SHIT

Nowadays nothing compares to a big AAA blockbuster, thats why consoles are better for gaming.
The worst is dat PC fags thing the fact of having "indies" is good...
>>
>>333678825
>hm, based on these games I have determined that you're not worthy of judging TLOU
Who the fuck are you? I've played a shitload of games throughout my life, way more than you probably, and it doesn't take some sort of rocket scientist to see that TLOU is a really shitty and overrated game.
>>
>>333678935
no, let the butthurt flow

he's unironically getting mad over a video game and people's opinions

there's no higher form of entertainment than seeing this type of stupidity
>>
File: 1421373860865.gif (392 KB, 500x374) Image search: [Google]
1421373860865.gif
392 KB, 500x374
>>333678996
>>
File: Trust no one not even yourself.jpg (18 KB, 377x267) Image search: [Google]
Trust no one not even yourself.jpg
18 KB, 377x267
>>333678392
If they flow with the pacing of the game, puzzles are fine. Look at Bioshock Infinite as the antithesis. They could easily just have avoided the puzzle solving all together since they were so few and disgustingly simple. Some of the better puzzles that fit the world they live in are the best puzzles in the first Soul Reaver. The silenced cathedral puzzle is fantastic. It fits such an integral and amazing part of the world's history. Sadly, that game is weighed down by a bunch of shitty, time consuming for no good reason besides extending the game's life puzzles as well.

Well designed puzzles that don't exist and stand out as something along the lines of the devs just want you to spend more time in the area are perfectly fine. Doing it for any other reason, be it too easy or too arbitrary is not for me.
>>
>>333678839
If they're multiplats, might as well buy the superior, definitive PC versions and not waste money to play the inferior console versions.

I can't imagine what it's like to somehow think it's better to spend $360 to play Dark Souls, instead of buying the $5 Steam version.

>>333678935
See: >>333675443

>>333678942
"AAA" games fucking blow. They're all the same generic trash.

Explain how Terraria isn't better than your favorite AAA trash.
>>
>>333678996
It's fine that you don't like it but your fervent hatred for it (no doubt in part because it's on a console) is fucked. Any expression of liking it is razed by angry pc man-children while they play average games themselves.
>>
>>333678996
>Who the fuck are you?

Someone who understands the econ 101 behind why console exclusives exist. In other words a human being of basic functioning, something you haven't quite reached yet.
>>
>>333679063
It's funny that you think I'm the butthurt one, when I responded to every single comment directed towards me and explained why it was wrong, all throughout the thread. I had hoards of all these stupid, angry people after me - And I still won the debate. lmao!
>>
>>333679234
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dark-Souls-2-Xbox-360-/281996237331?hash=item41a8491a13:g:IQgAAOSwq19XBtJ~

Wow, it's the sequel that came out 3 years later and should cost more, and I didn't even have to wait for a sale :^)
>>
>>333679253
>It's fine that you don't like it but your fervent hatred for it (no doubt in part because it's on a console) is fucked.
A shitty game that everyone says is good can't exist on consoles - You heard it here ladies and gentlemen.
>Any expression of liking it is razed by angry pc man-children while they play average games themselves.
Most of those are 8/10+, meanwhile, fucking TLOU is a 3/10.
>>
>>333678030
>using steam
good trick question.
>>
>>333675918
Who ever said anything about it not making money? Shockingly, I don't have anything against a corporation who paid for a game to exist to get a good return on it.

>Sony funds game
>game gets made with corporate money
>it releases
>I buy it
>I play it

My God it's horrible.
>>
>>333679453
Okay.
>>
>>333679272
Oh? I thought we were talking about games? Now you wanna go back to that? You'll just end up losing the debate again.

>>333679370
>changes the subject to a different game
Also
>ebay
And then it shows up covered in dogshit and it doesn't work, yet you still think console gaming is superior for some reason.
>>
>>333671606
If you have the remastered edition play it on Grounded difficulty, it's the only way to play this game. Enemies have the same health, but supplies and ammo are rare, you have little health, and there is no HUD.
>>
File: 1428764535817.jpg (87 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1428764535817.jpg
87 KB, 500x500
>>333679330
>- And I still won the debate. lmao!
This is how you tell a poster is underage
>>
>>333679462
How much of a profit did bloodborne generate? I heard the attachment rate was worse than fucking WiiU games, which is kind of foreboding if you're making exclusives.
>>
>>333679462
Good of you to admit that it's something that benefits the corporation - Not the consumer.

I'm not a fucking worker for Sony, I'm a person who plays video games. So I want things that benefit me, not them.
>>
>>333679527
No, it's not ok. Defend your bullshit you retard.
>>
File: 1417206855631.png (76 KB, 500x143) Image search: [Google]
1417206855631.png
76 KB, 500x143
>>333670694
Stop liking what I don't like!
>>
>>333676572
>changing the subject

That literally is the subject you obstinate fucking slab of shit. Games are exclusive because the people who paid to have them made deemed it would only be made for their box. That's why they paid for it.

If a studio wants to make a multiplat game, they can fucking do that. Nothing is stopping them. There's no console cartel "holding games hostage" as you retards like to say. That's closer to what timed exclusives are, but that's not the same thing.

The only reason games are ever exclusive is because the people funding them are doing so in exchange for that exclusivity. This has a number of beneficial side effects, such as studios that stick with a certain console manufacturer and bring a lot of great IPs to it that never would have existed otherwise, because their arrangements with the publisher allow them a lot more creative freedom than if they were making games to shop around to other publishers.

I mean, fuck, Nintendo's been a closed system for decades and it mostly benefited them. You play Nintendo games on Nintendo hardware, it's their ecosystem of hardware and software.
>>
>>333680062
just give up, 5 other people told him the same shit and he just repeated himself anyway
>>
>>333679778
It'll always be to benefit the corporation, that's just it.

It's why pc players are so full of rage: They hold fury at consoles for impeding the PC gaming scene while seemingly ignoring that Consoles are accessible, cheap and appeal to the common man and sell like a Venetian courtesan because of that. PC is for serious (for lack of a better word ) gamers who would bother fine tuning their rig, spending thousand of dollars refining it over the years and who care abour FPS, draw distances and the like.
>>
>>333677957
>>333677689
The "puzzles" in TLOU were a double edged sword. They really just threw them in to mask loading screens. When Joel is going up a ladder, the game is loading, it's literally a load screen. It was just a neat way to cover this up and make it feel more seamless.

The downside is that they didn't do more with it, so we just have these child-level retard puzzles that almost feel like an insult. It was never supposed to challenge you, but it seems like they're just calling you an idiot.
>>
>>333680308
>They hold fury at consoles for impeding the PC gaming scene

The irony being that without consoles they wouldn't have their AAA ports they're so obsessed with.
>>
>>333680062
>That literally is the subject you obstinate fucking slab of shit.
Nah, he moved the goalposts.
>Games are exclusive because the people who paid to have them made deemed it would only be made for their box. That's why they paid for it.
See: >>333676980
>If a studio wants to make a multiplat game, they can fucking do that. Nothing is stopping them. There's no console cartel "holding games hostage" as you retards like to say. That's closer to what timed exclusives are, but that's not the same thing.
What? I thought you understood why devs make exclusive games, but now you are proving the opposite. You do know exclusives are for the console maker, not the developer, correct? (Unless we're talking about the console maker creating games for their own console)
>The only reason games are ever exclusive is because the people funding them are doing so in exchange for that exclusivity.
Again, acting like I don't understand this. No, I do understand it, I'm criticizing this concept. And now you're demonstrating that you understand exclusives again? I don't get it. Do you know why games are exclusives or not?
>This has a number of beneficial side effects, such as studios that stick with a certain console manufacturer and bring a lot of great IPs to it that never would have existed otherwise, because their arrangements with the publisher allow them a lot more creative freedom than if they were making games to shop around to other publishers.
>I mean, fuck, Nintendo's been a closed system for decades and it mostly benefited them. You play Nintendo games on Nintendo hardware, it's their ecosystem of hardware and software.
This is not a good argument, because as explained earlier, good games will always exist no matter what. They do not have to exist in the exact way you are describing.
>>
>>333678498
I like about half of your top 11 there, and yet I don't dislike TLOU. You just don't like the game, IDK why you're crusading to let everyone know this.

Oh wait, it's because it's not on PC. If you think Dishonored was a masterpiece but hate TLOU, you're just arguing platform war bullshit. I mean, fuck, you have Dude Sex: Human Penetration in your top played.
>>
>>333680260
>repeated himself
If you can't prove my argument wrong, I'm not going to discard that argument. I'm going to keep bringing it up, and if you can't prove it wrong then that makes me right.
>>
>>333680662
>Oh wait, it's because it's not on PC.
Prove that that's the only explanation.
>in before non-proof being posted as proof
>>
>>333680453
>The irony being that without consoles they wouldn't have their AAA ports they're so obsessed with.
I thought PC gamers were obsessed with indies? Make up your mind idiot, you can't have both.
>>
>>333679778
But, the corporation is making the shit that you play...how are they your enemy? Actual anti-consumer practices exist, and need to be addressed. Exclusive games don't fit into that category.

You're literally just saying "I want thing, without the makers of thing benefiting". It doesn't make any sense. I'm actually struggling to understand your issue here. It's like being pissed that a grocery store is selling you produce for more than what they paid their supplier for it.
>>
>>333680994
yep

and pcfags wonder why they are treated as a cumbersome afterthought
>>
>>333680994
>It's like being pissed that a grocery store is selling you produce for more than what they paid their supplier for it.

Pretty accurate summary of this guy's attitude and how he thinks businesses should cater to him.
>>
>>333680639
>This is not a good argument, because as explained earlier, good games will always exist no matter what. They do not have to exist in the exact way you are describing.

Wrong. Good games very rarley come about without real publisher backing. Crowdfunding has produced a few good games, but good god is it shit in general. You can't really tell me that Steam Greenlight survival games are some kind of beautiful example of free devs making great content without Jew interference.

>What? I thought you understood why devs make exclusive games, but now you are proving the opposite. You do know exclusives are for the console maker, not the developer, correct? (Unless we're talking about the console maker creating games for their own console)

I don't see what you're not getting. Imagine you're responsible for a studio. Your next project needs funding. You have options: you can try to buddy up to Sony or Microsoft for exclusivity money, you can shop your portfolio and pitch around to other publishers to make a multiplat, you can try to get crowdfunded. There are options. Nobody comes to you with a gun to your head and says "this game is gonna be a PS4 exclusive".

An exclusive relationship with a console maker could benefit your studio greatly, or if you don't want that you can try to get snapped up by some other huge publisher to make your next project multiplat. You can do whatever the fuck you want, and it's your responsibility to make the choices that get your staff paid, your game made well enough to for the studio to have a future, and get it done efficiently enough to keep good faith with publishers so the money doesn't stop flowing.

Sometimes this means going exclusive, sometimes not. Point is, there's no reason why it shouldn't happen.
>>
>>333680308
>It'll always be to benefit the corporation, that's just it.
Ok. So you admit that it's not something that benefits me - Then surprise, I don't like it, and I can imagine how it would be better for me. I would prefer for it to benefit me, instead of them.

>>333680994
>But, the corporation is making the shit that you play...how are they your enemy?
They're not my "enemy", it's just that I want things to advantage me, not them. If I had to pick between something either benefiting Sony, or benefiting me, I'd choose myself. I'm pleasantly surprised that nobody has tried to paint me as some sort of horrible person (yet) for directly admitting this.

To give an actual example to this, why should I enjoy the fact that Bloodborne is locked behind Sony's paywall? I don't want to buy the PS4, but I might play Bloodborne if it were on Steam for $20 or something. Why should I respect the fact that it's their exclusive? And no, I don't care that they paid for it. From shouldn't have agreed to this.
>Actual anti-consumer practices exist, and need to be addressed. Exclusive games don't fit into that category.
I disagree, exclusives are anti-consumer because it locks certain games behind $400 paywalls. How is that not anti-consumer?
>You're literally just saying "I want thing, without the makers of thing benefiting".
No, I'm not saying I don't want them to benefit, I'm saying my benefits have to come first. That is actually the attitude that any company should have, too. The customer should come first.
>It doesn't make any sense. I'm actually struggling to understand your issue here. It's like being pissed that a grocery store is selling you produce for more than what they paid their supplier for it.
No, it would be like if people started growing their own produce, or shopping at cheaper stores, then people like you (who are just customers of the store, not workers / owners) started saying "Why are they doing this?!"
>>
>>333681749
>Wrong. Good games very rarley come about without real publisher backing. Crowdfunding has produced a few good games, but good god is it shit in general. You can't really tell me that Steam Greenlight survival games are some kind of beautiful example of free devs making great content without Jew interference.
Now you're just acting like the only alternative to $400 paywalls, is kickstarter. No, that's not what I'm arguing for.
>I don't see what you're not getting.
Nothing? I fully understand it and I don't agree with it?

Ok I'm gonna throw the rest of this argument out, just based on this little bit I've read. You're not making a good argument.
>>
>>333681759
>And no, I don't care that they paid for it. From shouldn't have agreed to this.

You have autism.
>>
>>333682030
No I don't. You have no rebuttal though.
>>
>I've decided that all games should be on PC or else it is a personal attack on me. This is 100% true all the time and I don't care what you have to say about it. Debate me.
>Haha I'm winning.
>>
>>333682172
Strawman
#2seconddebunk
>>
>>333671024
>Why you still want to talk about it is the real question.

People reminisce about old games all the time in /v/ but I suppose we can't have that with a Sony sanctioned consumer product can we, /nintendohugbox/?
>>
>>333682232
judging by your posts ITT it really isn't. you've got some teuthex-tier head-in-the-sand going on.
>>
>Exclusive for PS4 comes out
>Its a game where you finger fuck a dog and then smear shit on the walls
>"This game is fun"
>>
>>333682381
A thing of you quoting me, saying something that I didn't say, isn't a strawman argument? Haha well ok then.
>>
>Exclusives are anti consumer

Fun fact, Dark Souls 1, 2, and 3 wouldn't have existed with out Demon Soul's. A game that sony published. A game no one paid for other than one corporation who wanted it made. It was then released, and became a hit that spawned two other successful franchises. But of course none of this matters since exclusives are anti consumer.
>>
>>333681930
The console isn't a paywall, it's hardware that caters to the 99% of people who don't want a fucking gaming PC. I had one, I enjoyed it, yet I still don't understand this shit y'all spew. People enjoy consoles and the exclusive ecosystems that come with them. Consoles bring studios that function as "in-house" guys, making games unique to the system. The PS2 was the PS2 because of its lineup, it had the fucking games. Xbox was what it was because of its unique SEGA lineup, Halo, and decent ports of big PC titles like KOTOR.

It's not a paywall any more than building a fucking PC and giving your shekels to Nvidia and Intel is a paywall. You need a thing to play games on. I got a $200 PS4 and Bloodborne for $20, TLOU Remastered for $10. Already had PS+ from PS3 days. Not a whole lot of overhead to play the shit I want to play. I could have built another PC, but the games I want aren't on it because they were developed with Sony money.
>>
>>333682407
Any PS4 exclusive will instantly be worshiped, just because it's a PS4 exclusive.
>>
>People still bother replying to "put everything on PC or you're anti-consumer" Guy
>>
>>333682653
It's fun, he's so determined to be retarded.
>>
>>333682497
Can you prove that they wouldn't have existed? No, of course not.

>>333682563
>The console isn't a paywall
I'm not even gonna bother with this one, this is just 1984-tier doublethink
>>
>>333682653
Strawman
>>
>>333682745
>need a system on which to play games
>they don't just work on their own

Fucking Sony I swear to god.
>>
>>333682407
>Its a game where you walk around as a goat doing so random XD things
>"This game is fun"

Oh wait this actually exists and was successful on a certain platform.
>>
>>333682726
Yeah, but it's the kind of retarded that dresses itself up in verbose reddit-style prose and has no self-awareness. It's not charming.
>>
This is so disingenuous and self-defeating.
>Demon's Souls was a good game and people bought it, which lead to From making more games
>Had people not bought it, From wouldn't have continued to make games
It's like I'm watching some sort of tribe from Africa, being introduced to the concept of "the free market" for the first time. Yes, people buy things that they like, and then the company makes more of those things, because they were successful. Alternatively, they make something crappy, people don't buy it, and they go out of business. Yes, that's how it fucking works. Durr?
>>
File: d3c.png (98 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
d3c.png
98 KB, 200x200
>>333682821
PC is better, so that's why I'm arguing that they should be on PC, yet I don't really care if they're on the PS4 or not.
>>
>>333682745
>Can you prove that they wouldn't have existed? No, of course not.

Yes Bamco would have gone to From to have Dark Souls published because of their relation with the King's Field series.

It was Sony who did that though.
>>
>>333679234

>I can't imagine what it's like to somehow think it's better to spend $360 to play Dark Souls, instead of buying the $5 Steam version.

Your logic is so fucked it's not even funny
>>
>>333682407
Fuxk off, you 12 year old retard.
>>
>>333683165
>Saving $355? Haha how "fucked"
What is your age and IQ?
>>
>>333683105
Fuck off, you 12 year old retard.
>>
>>333683245
do you realize that leaving out the cost of a PC to play dark souls on is 100x more disingenuous than anything you've called disingenuous ITT

nevermind thinking a copy of the game would be $60 and a console $300
>>
>>333683245
>>
>>333670694
>game
>>
>>333683165
He's someone who only lives in a world where everyone already has a gaming PC.
>>
>>333683352
Buying a PC to play 1 game isn't a thing.

Your standards are so low, that the concept of buying a system for 1 game is a thing to you. How fucking sad.
>>
>>333683451
>>
>>333683245

Ok so the point you're trying to make is that it's not worth buying the 300 dollar console to play dark souls

But you've ignored the fact that your pc also costs money. So I can only assume your pc materialized out of thin air and this is why your dark souls only costs 5 dollars. which, btw, why would a copy of dark souls cost 5 dollars unless it was on steam sale ages after its release?
>>
>>333672114
Disliking Uncharted is fine, no game is universally enjoyed.

But you do concede that they arnt "not even a game, push left stick forward, watch cutscene, QTE fests" that tjey get described as in every fucking thread until people who never played it get the idea that they are like Telltale games.

>>333673595
The garbage in London, right?

Yeah that dumb as hell, Uncharted 3 was really unpolished and suffered from too many ideas and the A-team working on The Last of Us.

1 is flawed but charming enough to be enjoyable. 2 is a fantastic game and amoung the 7th gen most defining games. 3 is just eh, it might be mechanically better than 1 but it just doesn't have soul.

4 looks very promising though.
>>
File: lou.png (697 KB, 1182x597) Image search: [Google]
lou.png
697 KB, 1182x597
>>333672961

I got it at $17 freedom dollars. Cheapest I've been able to find is $23
>>
>>333683556
>But you've ignored the fact that your pc also costs money.
See: >>333683451
>>
>>333683647
But there are many other games on the xbox 360 and ps3, dumbass. I doubt anyone bought those consoles just to play dark souls
>>
>>333677957
Uncharted 3 actually had some pretty cool puzzels, the only thing it did better than 1&2. They wernt exactly hard, but still had the "oooooh" moment where you figure it out.
>>
>>333683810
There are thousands of games on PC. 360 has no games, PS3 has, what, 5-10 games?

PC = more bang for your buck
>>
>>333684017
>PS3 has, what, 5-10 games?

It and/or PS4 have every game you listed in >>333678498
>>
>>333684017
Yeah but you still can't play uncharted and the last of us
>>
>>333684017
Yes, thousands of games I don't give a shit about because the ones I actually want aren't on the platform. My Steam account has collected dust for going on four years now. My PS4 has seen daily use.
>>
>>333684134
No need to get the inferior versions then.

>>333684145
This actually proves that the PC has more and better games than consoles. You have to cherrypick 2 games, that's fucking SAD. You're really passionate about this and you dedicate a significant amount of your life to arguing these points yet your whole argument is based on fallacies. It's pathetic.

Also, I guess you didn't see where I explained that I played TLOU at a friend's house and it was really shitty and boring, so TLOU isn't exactly an incentive to buy a console.
>>
>>333684145
Which is the whole crux of his asshurt. Console games don't matter, they're just sub-par trash made for a stupid audience, all the good games are on PC, THOUSANDS OF THEM. Yet here he is, asshurt about being unable to play the shitty games he doesn't want, calling out practices that somehow hurt him while being irrelevant to him.

Then when the port gets announced, it's all about how PC always wins, baby. Yeah, we'll get our mouths shit in eventually.
>>
>>333684334
>Yes, thousands of games I don't give a shit about because the ones I actually want aren't on the platform.
You're really pathetic to just instantly discredit all of those games, just because they're on PC. What a superficial reason not to play them, and what an arbitrary restriction you have placed on your own gaming experience for no reason and it can't benefit you in any way ever.
>My PS4 has seen daily use.
What games do you play on it? Bloodborne and... ?
>>
>>333684487
>>
>>333684447
Your argument falls apart when you realize that you're a tribal retard who just wants to feel like you have an exclusive toy that's only for you. I could go buy the PS4 right now and play Bloodborne if I wanted to. I've decided against doing this (even though you can't understand that concept), because I think it's too expensive, and I wouldn't play any other games on the console. So I think it's a ripoff.

I'm so glad I get to just play whatever games I want all the time, and I don't feel the need to come on /v/ and defend these shitty companies like you do lmao
>>
>>333684487
I didn't discredit them at all. I said I don't give a shit about them. I have a Steam account with like 20 games I used to play on it. There's very little on the Steam store that I want, I search it sometimes. I just don't care. The games on PC that I want to play end up being indieshit that I can just play on PS4 anyway.
>>
>>333684661
>I didn't discredit them at all. I said I don't give a shit about them.
You don't even know what games I'm talking about yet you instantly don't care about them. That's not discrediting them? lol ok
>The games on PC that I want to play end up being indieshit that I can just play on PS4 anyway.
Why would you buy the more expensive, inferior versions, where you can't use keyboard / mouse controls or a 360 controller?
>>
>>333684629
>people who choose a console over PC must be tribalistic

did you just get into college
>>
>>333684629
Okay then, don't play it? The only games out I want and don't have, across all platforms, are Gravity Rush HD, Silent Hill 1-3, and the original Panzer Dragoon games on Saturn (I'll probably emulate these, so my PC will get some gaming use).

So BB is a game that you don't want, that you're mad you can't have? I don't get it.

>>333684797
>You don't even know what games I'm talking about

Do you even know what games you're talking about? I know there's XCOM 2 coming, that's pretty good looking. Cid Meyer's recent future Civ game thing looked cool. PC has games, I never said that it didn't. I said it doesn't have the games I want. Very rarely do I care about a release to devote real time to it, and when I do, it's usually a console exclusive. I don't even care if a game is exclusive, I care that I like it. If something great came out on XBone, i'd get one.

Same with PC. Last thing I actually bothered to get and play on PC was Planetside 2 when it was new. That was kind of disappointing (to me, I know it has its following). I think even the Wii U has a game or 2 that I wanted, I just don't care enough to get a Wii U.

But guess what, I don't make long, circular arguments about how those Wii U games should be on all platforms, because they shouldn't. They're nintendo games, and Nintendo published them on Nintendo hardware. If the game is worth it, I'll get one.
>>
>>333684797
>Why would you buy the more expensive, inferior versions, where you can't use keyboard / mouse controls or a 360 controller?

Why is this relevant to me at all? I'm not going to use a mouse or a 360 controller anyway, I'd only use a mouse for shooters or strategy to begin with. I'd get if for the platform I actually use the most so I don't have to jump between them.
>>
>>333685356
>I can't be tribalistic, even though I'm making tribalistic arguments and am too stupid to realize it
Consoles are your tribe, PCs are the enemy tribe. That's why you work so hard to spin things in the way you did here: >>333684629
You're a fucking pathetic human being.

>>333685384
>So BB is a game that you don't want, that you're mad you can't have? I don't get it.
I already explained this. I MIGHT check it out if it were on Steam for $20 or something, but paying $460 for one game is not reasonable.
>But guess what, I don't make long, circular arguments about how those Wii U games should be on all platforms, because they shouldn't. They're nintendo games, and Nintendo published them on Nintendo hardware. If the game is worth it, I'll get one.
They'd be better on PC. Nothing you can say will ever change that fact. /thread
>>
>>333685742
>They'd be better on PC. Nothing you can say will ever change that fact. /thread

Not for Nintendo, who are responsible for the creation of said games, who exist because they sell their games and hardware. The games literally wouldn't exist, because Nintendo wouldn't exist as they are for them to be created.
>>
>>333685742
The only person ITT being tribalistic is you. Your arguments hinge entirely on already owning a gaming PC. Everyone else is trying to alert you to the realities of the wider gaming public and you're just not having it.

We're not console tards you're talking to, fuck, this is /v/ in 2016, there aren't any non-falseflag console tards left. There are definitely garden-variety retards though, and you've certainly proved yourself to be one of them.
>>
>>333685742
>bitching with stupid arguments about how everything should be on PC on a board where everyone is already on PC
>rightfully gets called out
>"YOU'RE ALL JUST CONSOLE FANBOYS"

fucking really?
>>
>>333686160
Seriously, where does it end with this guy. He keeps out-doing himself and he already admitted this is a nightly thing for him.
>>
>>333685985
>Not for Nintendo
I don't care about them. I care about my own experience.

>>333686016
>Your arguments hinge entirely on already owning a gaming PC
This is blatantly false and a strawman argument. None of my argument rely on this, and you cannot identify a single one (in before a bad example, which is exactly what you'll give)
>Everyone else is trying to alert you to the realities of the wider gaming public and you're just not having it.
So everyone else is making a strawman argument and acting like I don't understand something, because I'm criticizing it.

>We're not console tards you're talking to, fuck, this is /v/ in 2016, there aren't any non-falseflag console tards left.
Weird how people like you will, for example, say that PC gaming sucks, and Nintendo sucks, and everyone but Sony sucks - But then when someone calls you Sonygger, it's "But I've never owned a Sony console! I'm a PC gamer you guys!" or "b-but I'm an idort! Totally unbiased you guys!"
>There are definitely garden-variety retards though, and you've certainly proved yourself to be one of them.
For not agreeing with your shitty, clearly flawed arguments? You are such a fucking dumbass.
>>
>>333686369
>None of my argument rely on this

>>333679234
>I can't imagine what it's like to somehow think it's better to spend $360 to play Dark Souls, instead of buying the $5 Steam version.
>>
>>333686160
Strawman and "b-but I was a PC gamer all along" after defending contrary positions the whole thread.

Glad to see I changed your mind.
>>
It's a nice game, but the immersion gets so broken so many goddamn times it's kinda insane.
Like how that one stretch of mostly Runners in the sewers, when you're with the black kid, the runners hide behind cover and wait like they have armed human AI. Of course, it's harder that way, but it doesn't make sense when for the rest of the game, before and after, they run after you like the unintelligent zombies they are supposed to be.
Not to mention all those times the enemies just SPAWN out of nowhere, I had it once happen right in front of me as I was walking in a room and one of them just appearead while I was 100% on listen mode and got mad instantly and bit me.
>>
>>333686160
>>333686016
To be fair, I'm the dude who's been arguing with him, and I may be what you'd call a console tard. I generally just don't enjoy PC gaming. I have absolutely no problem with it, but I do most of my gaming on console just because.

I don't beat my chest and participate in console wars, but I am an almost exclusive console player. I mean, I understand the downsides and all the massive advantages of gaming on PC. Sometimes I feel like the only one here who doesn't game primarily on PC though.
>>
>>333686421
Bad example - Just like I said. Your strawman argument has been exposed not once, but twice now. Going for a third?
>>
>>333686421
BTFO
>>
>>333686525
>To be fair, I'm the dude who's been arguing with him, and I may be what you'd call a console tard.
And so the truth comes out. I thought you were an idort / PC gamer, a few posts ago? You fucking liar.
>>
>>333686369
>So everyone else is making a strawman argument and acting like I don't understand something, because I'm criticizing it.

Because your criticisms only make sense in the context of you not getting the core concept.
>>
>>333686640
Guess that's why I've repeatedly demonstrated that I know more about it than you guys, throughout the entire thread.

Your argument is literally that if I understood what we were talking about, I'd have the same position as you. Kill yourself.
>>
>>333686458
You do realize you're arguing with multiple people, don't you?

>>333686609
I already told you this. I haven't had a gaming PC in 3 or 4 years. Hence using phrases like "get another one", "build another one". I have a laptop that can play whatever indie shit I want, but my last desktop didn't come with me when I moved, and I never bothered to replace it.

Because I don't fucking care.
>>
>>333686717
>Your argument is literally that if I understood what we were talking about, I'd have the same position as you.

Only after you repeatedly ignored every argument preceding that.
>>
>>333671934
I don't hate them, but I think they're one of those games that you play once and shelf. I rented them so no biggie. I'm not sure why they are so popular though, they aren't particularly good at anything. It's basically playing through an action movie.

I only played 1 and 2, not sure if 3 was better. Didn't care enough to try more.
>>
>>333686717
All you've demonstrated is that you have no idea how exclusivity or first-parties really work as concepts, and you're really asshurt that consoles sell more than PC, and you spew the names of informal fallacies whenever someone disagrees like a 2012-era /pol/tard.
>>
>>333686717
how old are you man
>>
>Buy PS4
>Friend sets it up as his main one with his account
>Have TLoU installed since November
Maybe one day I'll play it.
>>
>>333687546
Play the multi if you can round up 3 friends. Playing with randos is fucking awful.
>>
>>333687614
Not happening. That friend is the only one with a PS4, and he didn't even like TLoU.

Is the MP similar to Uncharted's? Because I tried it in the second game and the beta for the third one and didn't really enjoy either.
>>
My first experience with the last of us was completely bong on grounded difficulty. The tension and challenge was unreal. I loved it. My favorite moment was sneaking through the tunnel to the firefly hospital and inching my way past every enemy except for one clicker I could only deal with via store to the head. The visuals on the bloaters i squeezed between in the remastered version were disgustingly stunning. Also the ellie boss fight was phenomenal, with fantastic emotional charge. I dislike the lack of replayability, but the Kill Bill jumpsuit was cool.

Worst part for me was the credits rolling at the end where I found out Ellen Paige wasn't in the game
>>
>>333670694

Only on Survival in my opinion. Shit gets really fucking tense. Fucking love playing this game at 60fps on Survival.
>>
>>333686513
Those are stalkers. They were children who were infected, and all they knew was hide and seek. It's neat how naughty dog expanded upon the awfulness of the LoU universe, and putting unique mechanics behind that small group of enemies is just an example of quality world building
>>
What the fuck happened in this thread.
>>
>>333689039
one of those "console exclusives are a jewish conspiracy to kill PC gamers" psychos spilled their spaghetti for 200 posts
>>
>>333689039
I was excited to see a thread about a game I had recently played, but never badge a thread about because it's so old nite. idiots would rather argue platform wars then discuss video games. What a trainwreck.
>>
>>333689336
I'm reading through it and it's more like one dude platform-warring and everyone else trying to show him why he's retarded.
>>
>>333689204
Weird, don't really see those types around here. More of a reddit thing. Ours just shitpost.
Thread replies: 221
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.