[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it actually that bad? I'm fairly casual when it comes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: 81qVP4sKuGL._SL1500_.jpg (157 KB, 1059x1500) Image search: [Google]
81qVP4sKuGL._SL1500_.jpg
157 KB, 1059x1500
Is it actually that bad? I'm fairly casual when it comes to ARPGs but I'm tempted to pick it up.
>>
>>333663382
It was utter shit but right now, after more than 3 years after release it's actually pretty mediocre.

Seriously save your money and go for PoE

inb4 blizzard kids get buttmad
>>
>>333663382
Fuck no, it's pretty fun as long as you have the expansion. Just don't go in expecting Diablo 2.5.
>>
PoE
>>
>>333663613
>>333663727
I tried PoE and I couldn't really get into it
>>
>>333663382
>lack of personal customization (Stats,Talent trees)
>you're more centered around gear than rather your own character
>no point in having a weapon when you actually barely use it and not a skill to replace it
>cool down health potion
Its a disappointment if you're actually expecting it to be diablo 3 they should;ve made it a spin off.
>>
File: 1458834687712.jpg (77 KB, 1066x720) Image search: [Google]
1458834687712.jpg
77 KB, 1066x720
>>333663382
It's a fun little game. I wouldn't say it's worth full price, and it can get pretty lackluster playing solo all the time, but it's colourful, easy to get into and will easily buy you a weeks worth of entertainment.

The end game can be a chore, grinding for items that are barely better than your own and while having a wide array of skills, you'll find yourself to be forced to use specific ones to make sure you don't get steamrolled when unique enemies pop up.

All in all, a nice little game if you have nothing else to play.
>>
>>333663382
If you want mindless fun, can turn you brain off and get it for a decent price, then yes.

Make sure to get the one that comes with the expansion, otherwise you are wasting you money even more than you already are.
>>
It's a good Gauntlet game, but is a pretty poor Diablo game.
>>
>>333663382
This game is perfect for a casual arpg.
>>
>>333663382
its pretty fun - especially for a casual ARPG. if you're looking for a little more depth, PoE is a good option,
>>
>>333664112
If you want a more casual version of PoE then D3 is for you.
>>
>>333664223
>>333663698
>>333664352

I know several of the QA test members for the original D3 release, one of them played d2 hardcore beforehand with me and some friends as a celebration of the games release. He died in act1 normal to corpsefire and rage quit, never to play again.
>>
>>333664241
>>333664321
>>333664529
>>333664539
>>333664393
Casual is what I'm looking for. I like the gameplay of ARPGs but I've always been awful when it comes to building up characters and optimizing builds. I just want to hop in and click on dudes.
>>
>>333663382
Its a fun game if you like theory crafting item/skill builds to get the highest numbers possible.

They practically give you legendaries and set items like candy when you're at the endgame.

Just don't expect much of any depth besides effect stacking and left clicking things to deal 500 million crits.

I come back to it now and then when there's a new content/balance patch to see what stupid shit I can pull off with my crusader.
>>
>>333665250
>I just want to hop in and click on dudes.
Sounds like D3 then. Mind you, once you hit the level cap, you just kinda keep going with Paragon Levels for extra stats/damage/crit/etc.

There are gear sets and optimal builds, but, if you just want to jump in, kill things, and quit after 30 minutes, you don't need to worry about those things much. Everything has some elemental affinity -- fire, cold, poison, physical, arcane -- but there are no immunities, so you can just use whatever skill you feel like without consequence.
>>
>>333664749
i didn't mention how easy D3 was, some times its good to keep something hard core.
imagine that pussy in nightmare mode on D2, probably wouldn't know what to do if his life depended on it to the goatmen.
>>
>tfw Arcane, waller, jailer
>>
>>333664749
>He died in act1 normal to corpsefire and rage quit, never to play again.
No fuck you anon stop lying
>>
File: Diablo 3.jpg (99 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
Diablo 3.jpg
99 KB, 1024x768
>>333663382
>>
>>333663382
the original diablo III was total garbage spawn of hell and masturbation fuel of jay wilson the sadist

yet after firing him from the position and hiring a janitor to mop up his diarrhea the game became playable

thou i never played it more than a week every season gets stale really fast
>>
It's pretty fun in bursts, loot 2.0 really helped the game.
>>
Get Grim Dawn, pretty sweet game.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.