[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I learn to aim very well in FPS games? If my crosshair
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: half.jpg (94 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
half.jpg
94 KB, 1280x720
How do I learn to aim very well in FPS games?

If my crosshair is half a centimeter away from the head of my enemy, no matter how fucking hard I try or practice I cannot get my crosshair to move that half centimeter and get the kill.

This especially fucks me on moving targets.
>>
>>333644876
Try using your whole arm for finer movements instead of your wrist. Or strafe your character a little to line it up
>>
>>333644876
Are you talking about Counter-Strike specifically? CS is a game where pretty much every single skill aside from map control you have learned from other FPS games (both fast-paced and realistic ones) doesn't apply.

Also you have to use low sensitivity in CS.
>>
>>333645059
>>333645064
I use my arm and my sens is 2.5 in-game with 400 DPI.

I just suck.
>>
File: average trump voter.jpg (61 KB, 540x587) Image search: [Google]
average trump voter.jpg
61 KB, 540x587
Counter-Strike is not about aiming proficiency. If anything, aiming well is absolutely worthless since bullets seldom go where the reticule is.

>adjust mouse sensitivity to be slower (1.90 is good for beginners)
>understand how to "swoop" your aim smoothly
>understand where enemies are likely to be when you round corners, both so you can immediately check them and you know not to wait there yourself
>understand each gun's spray pattern, what guns you cant move and fire with, the damage of each gun's shot, etc.
>actually communicate with your team
>>
>>333645130
In terms of aim I suck I mean.
>>
If you want to improve your aim, you need to force yourself into situations where you HAVE to aim well. You need to have a lot of active encounters and practice.

My aim improved by playing Killing Floor. I picked sharpshooter, the headshot class, and just practiced and practiced. My aim is pretty decent now, and i'm happy with it.

to put it simple: Practice, and force yourself into situations where you need to aim.
>>
>>333645526
I have decent crosshair placement and decent game sense.

My aim is so bad that I could flank an enemy, start shooting at them, whiff the first few shots, and they turn on me and kill me.
>>
>>333645130
Might be just a mental thing where you stop before getting the reticle on target because you're afraid of overshooting. Try playing a game while not worrying about your score or overshooting or undershooting and see if that helps. Most of the time though, character strafing seems like the solution
>>
>>333645676

That could be anything

>missing the first shots and not spraying right
>moving while firing with a gun you cant do that with
>RNG decided you deserved to die today
>playing against hackers
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs
>>
>>333645813
>missing the first shots and not spraying right
Yep.

>moving while firing with a gun you cant do that with
>RNG decided you deserved to die today
>playing against hackers
Nope.
>>
>>333645840
>Le cashews of chaos man
>>
>>333644876
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0rlCJ047Ds
Get 4-leaf clover.
>>
Muscle memory. Play deathmatch until your aim stops sucking dick.
>>
>>333646362
It's not the RNG fucking me because I consistently miss shots that better players consistently hit.
>>
>>333644876
what game are we talkin? aiming in almost any fps is just muscle memory
>>
>Bring up screenshots of bullet plots and their deviations
>Play with that screen up all the time
>In fact, don't even bother looking at the actual game because none of that fucking matters since nothing is tied to the visual aspect and will only distract you from understanding the recoil
>Realize it's the most retarded, counter-intuitive way to make a shooter
>Play a real game instead
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.