[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your opinion on the Mass Effect trilogy? Are you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 29
File: Mass Effect.jpg (11 KB, 419x120) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect.jpg
11 KB, 419x120
What's your opinion on the Mass Effect trilogy? Are you looking forward to Andromeda? Which game is your favourite? Mass Effect thread.
>>
>>333644810
I don't consider it a trilogy.
The first game was pretty good, especially the world building and overall interaction with characters and banter.
Then the second game came along and concentrated on the shooting and the shooting alone, everything else felt like a pointless fetchquest, less dialogue options, less locations to explore (fucking hell they even gutted the citadel) with no love put into it.

Didn't even try the 3rd game, don't care whatever Bioware shits out now.
>>
2>1>First 2/3rds of 3>A steaming pile of shit>The end of 3

Jack is mai waifu
>>
I've only played through the first one. Thought it was pretty damn good.

I dropped the second one after just a few hours. I dunno what it was, but something about it just didn't sit well with me. Just couldn't get into it like I did with the first. Maybe I should give it another go.
>>
Started strong.
>>
The first one and a half games are good.
>>
First one, not really.
>>
>>333644810
I fell in love with it the moment I started playing it and while both ME2 and 3 are good games, I still consider ME1 to be the best out of the 3.
I'm also one of the people that actually enjoyed using Mako, then again I found driving in vanilla GTAIV to be very enjoyable, as well.

Honestly though, I would really like to play as someone other than a human, I feel it really drags back the RPG aspect of it not being able to play as a Salarian, Asari etc.

Liara is best girl
>>
D
A
D
D
Y

I
S
S
U
E
S
>>
File: 1456769023538.png (43 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
1456769023538.png
43 KB, 256x256
Enjoyed 1 and 2 but 3 is much more of a mixed bag in several areas. When it comes to Andromeda I'll wait until we get some actual gameplay info that isn't just from leaks. Some of the stuff they've said they want to bring back for Andromeda sounds nice but I'll believe it when I see it. Favorite would be 2 since ME1 wasn't as good as I remembered when I replayed it a few months ago.
>>
File: 1357446183113.png (349 KB, 474x644) Image search: [Google]
1357446183113.png
349 KB, 474x644
Why is she so perfect?
>>
>>333644810
Played all 3 and enjoyed them even though it started feeling overly simplified/generic but then I finished the 3rd game (before they changed the endings or whatever, still haven't bothered to see what changed) at around 1 or 2am and was so mad that I went and shitposted until I fell asleep
>>
File: 1458352949183.png (36 KB, 728x758) Image search: [Google]
1458352949183.png
36 KB, 728x758
>>333644810
I just hope theirs no bodysuits like Miranda and classy no nude sex scenes with lovers just cuddling by the fire place talking instead OP. Thats my hopes for the new Mass Effect
>>
>>333644810
Gameplay wise:
ME 1: Flawed, mediocre game with a lot of potential

ME 2 and 3: Linear shooters that are actually fun if you play as Vanguardia, but didnt live up to ME 1 potential

Plot wise: This is post EA BioWare, need to say more?
>>
Mass Effect 1 was the most compelling story wise.
Mass Effect 2 had better combat than the first one.
Mass Effect 3 is a fucking mess.
>>
Only played 1. Gameplay felt stiff. Could have used a couple of improvements but was serviceable. Generally planet exploration and side content was boring. Writing was cringeworthy and I hated the dialogue. Characters sometimes did something wildly unexpected.
>>
File: 1455079388772.png (711 KB, 1576x1216) Image search: [Google]
1455079388772.png
711 KB, 1576x1216
>>333645720
probably my biggest letdown after Spore
>>
>>333645219
Say what you might, but the combat in ME2/3 was a lot better than whatever 1 had.

Overloading weapons was extremely annoying, combined with the fact that a very common glitch was that it didn't go down. The cover system is awkward and most of the times it's faster to just move around the corner without it. NPCs constantly repeat the same lines and switching weapons is so much of a drag it's oftentimes just the best to stick to one.

All side missions were basically similar and almost pointless, whereas in 2 they actually went out of their way to give them seperate backstory/maps, however small they were.

The rides in the mako were just redundant, although I have to admit the scanning in ME2 was not much better. At least you spend less time on it.

Plotwise, 2 felt lackluster compared to 1, but in most other aspects it did better. Still, I liked 1 a lot anyway.

3 is pretty good for a big chunk of the game, but there's a lot of bad stuff as well.
>>
File: Awakened Collector Adept.png (329 KB, 512x1024) Image search: [Google]
Awakened Collector Adept.png
329 KB, 512x1024
We can all agree that ME3 had a decent horde mode right? Who did you use and why was it the awakened collector?
>>
>>333645883
Fucking vorchas all the way man
me and my friend played that shit for hundreds of hours before burning out
>>
1st one had a lot of potential, but felt disjointed and had a lot of little issues that made it annoying to play. It also used the same location for nearly every sidequest, and using the Mako was a waste of time and boring a good chunk of the time.

2nd watered down a lot of what made the first game good, but also fixed a lot of the side content to actually matter or be unique, and had a fairly interesting story. It also had the benefit of being the middle game in a franchise before we knew what the choices would do in ME3 and used that to its advantage. My favorite overall, but I do miss a lot of the RPG elements.

3 was not as terrible as people say (I didn't finish it until the ending patch came out, so eh) and had some good wrap ups of certain side stories (genophage, geth, etc), but shit itself dealing with Cerberus and making them the generic villain after making them grey in ME2. Watered down the combat and party interaction even more, and was not as good as ME1 or 2.

Kinda killed my enthusiasm for future games.
>>
>>333645820
Although I did thoroughly enjoy the world and character design. That was top notch.
>>
ME1>First 3/4 of ME3>ME2>>>>>>>>>Playing in sewage>ME3 ending

Mods to make ME3 halfdecent:

Remove catalyst, force destroy ending, other small tweaks:
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/265/?
Makes the ending actually halfdecent.

Remove kiddo from dreams:
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/362/?

Expand galaxy map, make game feel more like a war:
http://www.nexusmods.com/masseffect3/mods/350/?

Those are pretty much essential. Citadel dlc as epilogue mod is good too.
>>
Mass Effect 2 is one of my most highly rated games ever personally. Satisfying gameplay, decent story, fun dialogue(in my opinion), fantastic characters and great soundtrack. Hell, the game even looks decent even though it's getting fairly old.

Mass Effect 1 is great as well, though it's starting to become fairly outdated.

I feel like Mass Effect 3 gets too much hate. Sure, the endings were thoroughly disappointing, but it was still a decent game. A step down from Mass Effect 2, certainly, but it wasn't 'crap', like so many people make it out to be. I found the lack of companions pretty disappointing, and the concept of Javik(or whatever his name was) was completely retarded, but the game climaxed pretty well and I still liked it pretty well overall.
>>
File: ME3_Krogan_Warlord_Sentinel.png (362 KB, 512x1024) Image search: [Google]
ME3_Krogan_Warlord_Sentinel.png
362 KB, 512x1024
>>333645883
Krogan Warlord and Geth Juggernaut all day every day
>>
>>333645860
I found the cooldown mechanic much more enjoyable than running around for shitty heat clips, especially since I liked playing as infiltrator and the ammo cap was fucking tiny.
Also biotics were much better in 1, ragdolling enemies around the room was great.

In 2 even the main missions felt like fetchquest and overall felt detched because of mission screens/loading screens.
The first game always managed to hide those stiches with elevators and other clever ways while the sequel went out of it's way to make it feel "video gamey" where you complete stages.
>>
>>333646446
I played both sentinel and soldier and never really had an ammo problem. You do run out, but then you switch to another weapon and another.

But with infiltrator I can see the problem there. Haven't touched biotic classes yet.

I liked the non-lineairness of ME2, but the main quest in ME1 was definitely more memorable.
>>
ME1 has way too many problems for me to honestly call it great. I did have sky high expectations for it, but that is only a small factor in my overall judgment.

ME2 reduced a lot of the stats, but they were shit in ME1 anyway so I didn't mind as much. I did hate ammo and planet scanning. In every other area it is superior, except in atmosphere, where it is different but equal.

ME2 had the best gameplay and some very pretty setpieces, but worst writing. A lot of the problem came from it being the final act of an "epic trilogy" so there wasn't as much time to have goofy fun and everything was Reapers this, Reapers that. Ending was obviously shit, it's been said enough.

ME2>ME1=ME3
>>
>>333646152
I was just about to play ME3 again with those mods (and more), first time I've touched it since launch four years ago. I really wonder how much some video editing and cutting shit can fix the game.
Now all I need to do is wait for the texture installation to finish, this shit takes like 12 hours.
>>
>>333646152
>force destroy ending
Why would anyone do that?
>>
>>333647205
It's the best ending
>>
File: 1414614836665.gif (535 KB, 245x153) Image search: [Google]
1414614836665.gif
535 KB, 245x153
>>333644810

>What's your opinion on the Mass Effect trilogy?

Started with a clunky but highly promising first game, then spiraled into mediocrity that's only worth playing through once so you don't notice first-hand that all your choices meant fuck-all.

>Are you looking forward to Andromeda?

Morbid curiosity at most. Inquisition has shown Bioware has no clue how to make a world with enjoyable exploration and instead depend on repetitive filler bullshit to pad out what would otherwise be a 5-hour campaign.
>>
>>333647486
That is your opinion and you are entitled to it, personally, I found the synthesis ending to be most pleasing.
>>
>you don't notice first-hand that all your choices meant fuck-all.
Were you so young when ME1 came out that you ever thought they'd matter? I was 15 when they announced the game and even then I could smell the bullshit from a mile away.
>>
>>333647205
It's the most fitting of the three/four endings.
>>
>>333647205
Because control and synthesis become more idiotic the more you think about them, and destroy lets you fullfill what you originally set out to do and do not suddenly throw everything the games has told you so far out the window.
If you remove the catalyst which is by far the worst part of the ending you dont really get a chance to chose either of them, now do you?

That ending mod ends with the final shepard/anderson conversation, Shepard passing out as he does in normal version, then the weapon fires. No circular logic, no unexplained kid form for catalyst.
Just a moment of contemplation for Shepard as everything is finally over. Flows a lot better.
See and judge for yourself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RDQkN6sr2nQ
>>
File: jack.jpg (209 KB, 499x520) Image search: [Google]
jack.jpg
209 KB, 499x520
>>333645317
>Jack is mai waifu

Great taste desu senpai
>>
>>333645698
I dunno, is your fetish lazily written robot stories?
>>
>ME1

Good game with world-building that blew me away. Playing Adept was some of the most fun I've had in video games. The gunplay was ass, but I had little use for it I was having so much fun with Adept.

>ME2

Much improved gunplay but destroying Biotics made the game a lot less fun. Awesome companions but ultimately a major step back in terms of what they had built in ME1's story.

>ME3

A small step up in gameplay, but still had the same problem with biotics. Story sucked, companions were whatever. Destroyed everything that ME2 didn't.
>>
File: liara.png (733 KB, 1920x1084) Image search: [Google]
liara.png
733 KB, 1920x1084
Best girl coming in.
>>
Ashley is best girl, ME2 best game, Garrus is best companion. these as objective facts.
>>
>>333644810
Loved all three of the games for different reasons, but I'm not getting my hopes up too high for Andromeda.

With the apparent emphasis on exploration I think it could be aiming to be more like Inquisition, than the original trilogy. Big environments pretty visuals, but more grinding and fetch quests than story.
>>
File: anger jets.jpg (31 KB, 449x311) Image search: [Google]
anger jets.jpg
31 KB, 449x311
>>333649767
>Ashley is best girl
>ME2 best game
>>
>>333649767
How can one be so normie?
>>
>>333649767
Ashley was great in the first game.

Then she was a shitty minor character in 2.

Then she was just the absolute fucking worst in 3.
>>
>>333650405
what? she was fine in 3
>>333650013
>getting mad at the truth
top kek
>>
File: anger armour.jpg (54 KB, 602x479) Image search: [Google]
anger armour.jpg
54 KB, 602x479
>>333651598
Prove she's best.
>>
>>333651692
>human
>spectre
>from ME1
That's the only things necessary to determine who is the best. you're not a fan of xenos scum, are you?
>>
>>333645883
Salarian Infiltrator with Piranha is my favorite for hit and run/dodging around enemies.

Or Krogan Soldier and spam Fire Grenade followed by a Carnage for Explosions. Shotgun or Melee if they're not dying quick enough.
>>
>>333644810
Mass Effect 3 is the RotJ of the trilogy. It's not as awful as everyone wants to say. It certainly isn't great, but it's just Mass Effect 2 2. Destroy is always an option and I feel like the ending of the game was just the ending to Mass Effect 3. It's during the game that you wrap up all the character stories from 1 and 2, so all that was concluded by 3.

3 had the best combat and condensing the squad helped keep everyone useful, unlike 2.
2 did more damage to the story than 3.

1>3>2
>>
>>333651841
>human - and a bitch
>spectre - and shit with dumb armour and awful VO
>from ME1 - the only good thing about her

Love comes in all colours anon.
But true love is blue
>>
>>333649767
But Ashley died on Virmire anon. You didnt save the grunt xenophobic female over your biotic officer buddy right?
>>
>>333645883
>play as the collecter for the first time, first rare character
>this fucken blows
>evade is quick as fuck though
>dick around with the skill tree some
>chaining biotic combos left and right with damage reduction from seeker swarm and spraying with a level 10 geth smg
Easily my favorite class for platinum runs
>>
>>333651995
Kaiden's biggest flaw is that he always fucking sighs
>>
>>333651995
Carth wasn't interesting
>>
>>333645860
>combined with the fact that a very common glitch was that it didn't go down
Are you sure you didn't get sabotaged by an enemy?
>>
File: 1390241493946.gif (584 KB, 372x292) Image search: [Google]
1390241493946.gif
584 KB, 372x292
>>333644810
ME 1: 9/10

ME 2: 8/10

ME 3: 6/10
>>
ME 1 was good but flawed, and it went downhill from there.
>>
>>333646439
Juggernaut is good because he can't be executed and his shield is pretty useful, but fuck the krogan on gold and higher
>has to swing his fuckhueg hammer to deal tech/bio
>can easily be executed by phantoms/banshees
The health regen is nice, but his abilities lack range and their effectiveness doesn't make up for it
>>
>>333651995
you didn't do 6 playthroughs for every class and make every decision possible?
>>
actually just playing the trilogy. 1 and 2 really were a lot of fun, 3 just feels out of place. I couldnt let go of 1 and 2, the third is a chore to play right now.
>>
>>333652880
What's making 3 so much worse than 2?
>>
I liked it.

I need more info.

>Which game is your favourite?
>>
>>333646432
ME3 was a great game until the last part where they started ruining the universe, the characters, and finally the fucking entire series. I stopped 3/4ths of the way through and played the citadel DLC. How it should've ended, IMO.
>>
>>333648103
I don't suppose you've seen the image of that guy from Bioware quoted at an e3 press release for ME3 saying the endings would be super nuanced and it wouldn't just be a binary?

We believed it because they claimed that's what would happen right up until people played 3, and the ending was so bad they had to release a patch to fix it
>>
>>333653852
>ruining the universe, the characters, and finally the fucking entire series
How?
ME3 ends with a Shep bringing the galaxy's fleets to Earth, pushing to a corpse transport beam, getting in the Citadel, talking TIM into killing himself, then blowing the fuck out of the Reapers.
>>
>>333652313
/thread
>>
ME1: Awesome suspense and buildup of the story. Combat was OK... ish.
ME2: Superior combat. Dumbed down story. Felt like, and was, nothing more than a bridge to the conclusion of what ME1 started.
ME3: Good until the end. Greatest boss battle in history with Marauder Shields.

Overall rank placement: 1, 3, 2. Fuck 2.
>>
ME2 and 3s quests felt more organic than ME1s
>>
File: Tali_ME_Core.jpg (158 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Tali_ME_Core.jpg
158 KB, 1280x720
>>333644810
Only best girl incoming
>>
>>333644810
I'm looking forward to making fun of Bioware and Biodrones but otherwise Mass Effect is dead to me.
>>
>>333656278
SINGALONG MODE
>>
>>333656278
>space gypsy
>anything other than meat that is meant to be used as stress relief
top lel
>>
>>333644810
I played the first game 3 times and the other two 5 times, I platinumed them but desu I think they are total shit.
>>
>>333656278
I liked Tali. But I thought it was awkward that you couldn't be in a relationship without risking fatal sexy-times.
>>
>>333645317

I actually don't know how someone can prefer 1 over 2 unless you played 2 first.
>>
File: Human_Male_Engineer_MP.png (192 KB, 512x1024) Image search: [Google]
Human_Male_Engineer_MP.png
192 KB, 512x1024
>>333645883
Human Engineer.

Used overload and combat drone to tieup groups of enemies and pick them off with black widow. Incinerate to take care of Dragoons and people hiding behind cover.
>>
>>333656471
Dont know why people h8 it. People in a deep relationship share this kind of cringy shit (also it was qt

>>333656740
Nah, they've takin meassures.

>>333656496
Fuck you, the only reason i played ME2 was because she was a potential LI
>>
ME 1 was the best. Underage cunts can fuck off
>>
>>333656278
She shouldn't have been a squadmate in the 3rd game.
>>
mass effect 3 was fun
>>
>>
ME1 anons did you have a favorite sidemission planet?

Either because of the look or what the planet contains something that you look forward to going to.

I always like Agebinum the planet with the Red Sun with the bombs you have to defuse. The Mako ride is smooth and near the end you can either snipe or run down the big hill fucking shit up.
>>
>>333648669
>A small step up in gameplay

I can't possibly see how anyone would think that unless they meant gameplay = shooting mechanics. A lot of thing from how the side quests were handled to the pathetic galactiv exploration is certainly not what I would say is "a small step up" in any way. The war asset mechanic was a fucking terrible way of implementing the choices, and the galactic readiness even more so. The dream segments seemed tacked on, and didn't really contribute, gameplay wise or story wise in my opinion. And let's not forget the lack of enemy variety as well. At least ME2 had slight variety in what you faced, ME3 was just reaper forces or Cerberus, with some Geth.

Quite frankly the only mission I really liked was the Geth one without any real combat. Says a lot about ME3 design to me.
>>
multiplayer is fun.
>>
>>333657806
>ME: Bara Edition

Day 1 buy.
>>
>>333658251
Please god let Andromeda'a MP be at least as good as ME3MP. After the mess that is DAIMP I can only hope they don't fuck it up entirely.
>>
I'm replaying ME1 right now and I feel like I'm playing it for the first time. I literally remember none of what's happening.
>>
I really liked it, because for some reason I cared for the characters a lot.

Storywise, no. Gameplay is looking good though.

Shit, I don't know. I liked ME1 story the most but the combat was unbearable. I'll go for ME2, it's a neat middle ground.
>>
>>333652296
Not him but it's a glitch and it's still here even after patches. Replaying the trilogy right now, in the middle of ME2 I think and it's way better than the first one in most aspects. Side missions and planet wxporation was so horrible that I just downloaded a save file with decisions like I did and fully comleted side quests. Strange thing I still love ME1 most of three games.
>>
File: Luna_gmap.png (173 KB, 512x256) Image search: [Google]
Luna_gmap.png
173 KB, 512x256
While I'm worried about Andromeda's story potentially being watered down in favor of quantity over quality, I would like to see something reminiscent to ME1's atmosphere in exploration.
>>
>>333644810

Despite the fact that its conclusion is soul-crushingly disappointing, it's very good, and everyone who enjoys RPGs at all should play them at least once.

Yes.

Which game is your favourite?

>>
1 was pretty good. Gameplay and driving was sort of janky, and the interface was awful, but the writing was high-quality, the powers were fun to use, and I actually felt excited to see more of the universe and cast in the sequels by the end. The music also made for some top notch atmosphere.

2 was a fucking abortion that neutered your abilities, added boring cover-based shooting mechanics that were poorly implemented, made the levels drastically more linear without adding fun setpieces to spice them up, didn't include a single good boss fight, and pretty much set the stage for half the major mistakes in 3 thanks to the suicide mission and how it refused to advance the plot in a meaningful way - and the writing quality nosedived. The only good points were that some of the new squadmates were good characters and it fixed the fucking awful interface of the first game.

3, like 2, completely failed to live up to the writing of 1 - but it at least made it feel like your choices mattered more than 2 did, until the ending anyway, and while basically every new character besides Javik sucked it actually did right by the majority of the old ones. The gameplay is probably the best in the series and the multiplayer was fun too.

1 > 3 >>> 2
>>
>>333659963
>The gameplay is probably the best in the series
Jesus Christ.
>>
File: edolus_maw.png (701 KB, 1015x775) Image search: [Google]
edolus_maw.png
701 KB, 1015x775
>>333659489
surprise motherfucker
>>
>>333660212
It improved on 2's in pretty much every way, and while Biotics were fun to fuck about with in 1 the actual gunplay was garbage and most of the tech skills were boring.

3 is just the least bad of them in terms of gameplay.
>>
the Citadel DLC had a lot of great banter between the characters and I really appreciate it.
>>
I decided to play through the entire trilogy only once doing whatever I wanted to do whether it was good or bad. I know it's not the optimal way to play, but I had fun. Never playing it again.
>>
>>333646152

So, you would mod the endings just to make yourself feel better? Don't run away from the truth, man. Those endings were shitty, and you gotta deal with it like the rest of us.
>>
>>333644810
They finally release a sequel? I heard about two side games.
>>
>>333646152
>force destroy ending

Fuck that, my Engineer-Shep spent the whole damn trilogy pushing for peace with the Geth and being a bro to an AI while generally promoting technological advancement and education whenever it was possible.

I fucking jumped on the chance to have him ascend to control the Reapers, could not have picked a more perfect ending.
>>
>>333660726
Citadel was cheesy, but it was a nice note to end things on.
>>
One of my favorite moments of gaming is when Shepard punches Saren in the face on Vermire
>>
File: tenma.png (119 KB, 400x303) Image search: [Google]
tenma.png
119 KB, 400x303
>>333659489
>staring into the void and hearing the Rachni song for the first time
>>
I WILL DESTROY YOU
>>
Mass Effect 3 MP was absolutely fantastic and a perfect example of how free content updates should look like. I put way too many hours into that shit.

If Andromedas MP is even half as good I might consider buying it simply for that alone.
>>
What I never liked about Multi were the random unlock kits.

Especially when at a certain point it will offer nothing but consumables you don't want.
>>
File: assume.png (240 KB, 810x1080) Image search: [Google]
assume.png
240 KB, 810x1080
Collectors are the best race.
Quarians, Turians and Vorcha are honourable mentions.
Batarians are total garbage.

Gameplay; ME3>ME2>ME1
Story; ME1>ME2>ME3
Farming sidequests; ME1>ME3>ME2
>>
>>333644810
Enjoyed the hell outta the first one. They fucked up the next two pretty bad but I still managed to enjoy them somewhat for what they were.

As for Andromeda, they seem to be going in the right direction but I'm afraid that they're gonna fuck it up somehow, whether it be gameplay decisions or SJW bullshit. If it do get it, it certainly won't be day one. I'll let you good goys give it a test run before I decide.
>>
>>333662013
ENEMIES EVERYWHERE
>>
Combat was ass in ME1 so I dropped it shortly after the Citadel.
>>
>>333662605

worth it for the explosive rounds
>>
Where da quarian booty at
>>
>>333662013
>>333662559
GO GO GO
>>
WREX?
>>
>favorite game

My answer will always be ME1
>that atmosphere
>that soundtrack
>that overall retro feel invoking 70's sci-fi

It also didn't hurt that the game had half-decent boss battles
>>
>>333644810
First game is good. Second is filler+retcons. Third is bad.
>>
File: urdnot-wrex-1056.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
urdnot-wrex-1056.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>333662917
>half-decent boss battles
>enemy wave
>enemy wave
>target practice with Saren
>target practice with Saren
>target practice with Spooky Saren
Shut up and post music.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v9g0OHMdIs&nohtml5=False
>>
I am commander Shepard and this is my favorite thread on the Citadel.
>>
>>333663183
Still, at least they tried
Reminder they didn't have any boss battles in ME3 because it was "too video gamey"
>>
>>333660881
Endings were shitty, but the mod doesnt change the outcome really, it mostly just removes the catalyst part. Building a giant weapon and having it firing in the last act to gain you victory is much easier to swallow than a literal god from the machine that gives you three choices that are illogical at best (why would destroying a tube with wires kill the reapers). The two other changes in the mod is a) Geth survive slider from control is used, rest is destroy and b)Shepard survive is confirmed instead of just very heavily hinted at with the original breath ending.

Not that big a fan of the last thing but hey the mod is better than what was before. At least its not MEHEM super happy ending idiocy.

There will be no mass effect games set in the milky way after this anyways, so a few small changes to make the ending go from "stare at screen in disbelief" to "I can live with this" cant really be that bad.

There are many games that is improved by mods, like kotor 2. Yes, that ending was shitty in that too, but mods fixed that. Just like some of these mods help fix mass effect 3.
>>
>>333663141
There are no retcons in 2 beyond your headcanon.
>>
>>333663361
Clone Shepard.
>>
Any word on multiplayer in andromeda?
I'd love to see some sort of coop campaign a la destiny
>>
>>333663183
>Spooky Saren
I kinda felt bad for Saren after Sovereign turned him into a spoopy husk.
>>
>>333663453
I don't remember mods changing ending of kotor2.
>>
>>333663453
That breath thing was pretty pointless.

"Hey, you choose this specific option! Here's a hint Shepard survived! Sort of, I mean he's still basically mortally wounded and now he's laying atop a pile of broken rubble on a dead planet where most of the surrounding fleet just fucked off. But, hey, he took a breath."
>>
>>333663679
Clone Wrex.
>>
>>333663679
DLC. Not only that but DLC fixing things people bitched at them about LIKE a lack of boss battles.

So it doesn't really count.
>>
>>333663823
Clone Udina.
>>
>>333662917
>>333663183
>>333663361
Mass Effect 1 has the best gameplay. The shooting was clunky but the overheat mechanic made it interesting, the Mako was also clunky but it had sparkles of brilliance here and there, it just needed to be improved, to make for some good arcade vehicle combat.

Now in ME2 and 3 they just carbon copied Gears of War combat and added universal ammo, fuck that dull shit. It was more polished, but it was a polished version of a been there done that turd. Not to mention that without the Mako, gameplay was the samey cover shooting nonstop, while the Mako added variety.
>>
File: fuck shields i've got immunity.png (101 KB, 1265x978) Image search: [Google]
fuck shields i've got immunity.png
101 KB, 1265x978
>there will never be an actual ME2 or ME3

It hurts.
>>
>>333663961
Shooting part was shit, sidequests were shit, planet exploration was shit. It's my favorite one but no, in terms of gameplay it's bad.
>>
>>333663856
Well I'm not saying Kai Leng.

What about the small Reaper on the Geth homeworld?

Clone Shepard was fun due to them having the same class as you.
>>
>>333644810
Bought all 3 for 10 bucks.

Finished mass effect 1 yesterday.

6/10, I don't see why people were creaming their pants over this game. It's pretty mediocre. Stalker came out the same year and got nowhere near as much praise despite being a much better game.
>>
>>333664290
Next time compare need for speed and max payne, faggot.
>>
>>333664248
Kai Leng was the only real boss battle they had, though, and it was in line with what they used to have sort of.

Small Reaper wasn't really a boss. More like a little gimmicky thing.
>>
>>333664524
Kai Leng battles were complete ass though
>>
>>333664454
So, it's better and deserving of more praise because it's got lots of shitty repetitive dialog, and has RPG elements?
>>
>>333664290

It's a decent game, but the ones who creamed themselves were dudebros who bought the console for Halo. Same thing with Bioshock.
>>
>>333663961
>the Mako added variety
Wow, I get my choice of flat Level 1 hazard and jagged mountains.
>>
>>333663728
Sith Lords restored added lots of content to entire final planet.
>>
>>333664609
That they were.
>>
File: Mass Effect_the citadel.png (2 MB, 2048x1024) Image search: [Google]
Mass Effect_the citadel.png
2 MB, 2048x1024
I liked Mass Effect 2 a lot, it's the only one I've played.
>>
>>333644810

Bioware crushed the goodwill of the fanbase. Bioware could've made 5x more if they had taken the time to craft a good conclusion to the series. So no, I cannot look forward to something like that unless I'm assured that somehow you've acquired a far more competent team (doubtful!) in the interim.
>>
File: Dungeons and Robots.png (1 MB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
Dungeons and Robots.png
1 MB, 1280x968
>tfw no femdot mistress
>>
>>333663961
>cover system uses a button instead of terrible autocover
>call it a gears clone
You disgust me.
>>
>>333665597
EA gave them 4 years this time instead of 18 months
>>
>>333666943
let's hope that made a difference.
>>
>>333668393
Didn't the Director and Creative Director leave the project midway through though? That's normally a red flag
>>
File: 1460093153315.jpg (189 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1460093153315.jpg
189 KB, 1280x720
>>333644810
The swries species were dissapointing. Why couldn't there be a fun race similar to Orks? Sci-Fi would benefit greatly if they just add in some Orks.
>>
>>333644810
back to >>>/vg/ cancer
>>
>>333668870
>give me more generic fantasy
They already have the Krogan and you want an even more generic warrior tribal type species?
>>
>>333645219
I agree completely. Fuck Bioware turds. Completely ruined the series. Not their first time!
>>
>>333668971
pretty rude desu
>>
File: chomp b.jpg (149 KB, 1280x968) Image search: [Google]
chomp b.jpg
149 KB, 1280x968
>>333668971
Who /MEG/ here?
>>
File: 1460092275314.jpg (479 KB, 1250x1126) Image search: [Google]
1460092275314.jpg
479 KB, 1250x1126
>>333669191
>Krogan don't replace their damaged fleshy bits with cool, cybernetic parts
>Krogan don't carry around Pointy skull stikks for a waaagh
>Krogan can't built tanks and starships from piles of scrap
>Krogan don't use Teef as currency
>Krogan arent green
>Krogan don't like beer, fighting and Dakka
>Krogan can't reproduce by simply breathing
>Krogan don't have Gorkamorka Waaagh powerz
Again, Mass Effect would be much better if they added in some of da greenest an' meanest Ork boyz to play.
>>
>>333670553
Oh so you don't want orcs in Mass Effect, you want another game's specific orcs in Mass Effect. I didn't realize you had autism, I'm so sorry.
>>
>>333670553
if anything, the lack of orcs in Mass Effect makes it unique.
>>
>>333668867
I'm not sure but it wouldn't surprise me. Andromeda will probably only be mediocre.
>>
>>333644810
Went to shit
No, because I know it won't be good.
>Which game is your favourite?
Thread replies: 161
Thread images: 29

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.