[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45
File: logo.png (32 KB, 345x83) Image search: [Google]
logo.png
32 KB, 345x83
What went wrong?
>>
wow vanilla was shit in 2004, and is still shit in 2016
>>
Can dead server and their dead inside robots fuck off already?
>>
>>333637837
Blizzard's lawyers
>>
Chinese invaders
>>
>>333637979
>>333638103
>wah people like something for a reason I don't understand
go suck on blizzards tit some more you babbies
>>
>>
>>333638585
the only players who like wow vanilla were kids playing their first MMO in 2004
noob in 2004, noob forever
>>
>get a serious urge to play WoW right as this happens
Are there any other good private severs or should I just pay for retail?
>>
>>333638585
I didn't play any Blizzard games after TBC. Blizzdrones are annoying but private server fags are worse when it comes to shilling
>>
>>333638928
No and no
>>
where do we go next?
>>
>>333639212
Retail it is then.
>>
>>333638928
I moved to warmane.
>>
Well, for starters, large portions of MaNGOS is terrible spaghetti code and many systems, even if they "work" at a superficial level, aren't implemented the same way as they were in retail (things like pathfinding, mob group movement and server processing cycles are obvious examples).

Then, Nostalrius had most of the content virtually untouched. Unlinked packs in dungeons, outright uncompletable quests (I can't think of a single quest that they had fixed at their launch, be it Counterattack!, Investigate Blue Recluse, Freedom For All Creatures or whatever) and such like, never mind getting things to work Correctly (down to details like Shimmering flat races) rather than merely being able to "complete" most content. There was a lot of default class bugs too.

And while I haven't played since launch, it would end up becoming far too popular (4x the population of even the largest retail vanilla servers is too much), allegedly too Chinese and the PvE-server was handicapped by being a PvE-server.

Now, Nostalrius isn't (wasn't) the worst server ever by a long shot and I have to commend them for things like sticking to the authentic style without being tempted by opening cash shops or other bullshit but I've played vanilla in retail and I've played vanilla on a bunch of other private servers and ultimately Nostalrius is same-y to the lot of them and I'm not interested in a same-y experience on far from pristine server playing expansion that I don't even particularly like (I like vanilla for "the journey" but that experience was kinda ruined by broken content and everything at max level is kinda worthless, with trivial and mechanically mind-numbing raids and what have you, TBC is a direct upgrade mechanically while maintaining the same style of game).
>>
File: 12356131231.jpg (217 KB, 2000x1087) Image search: [Google]
12356131231.jpg
217 KB, 2000x1087
>>333638875
>using the term "noob" unironically
>>
>>333637837
they wasted their time and money emulating one of the worst mmos ever created

meanwhile everquest project 1999 was sanctioned by SOE, and continues to be sanctioned by daybreak
>>
>>333639958
>being this young

Wow, the meta is real.
>>
>What went wrong?
They got too much attention.

>players making youtube videos about it
>NOTHING CAN GO WRONG
>>
>>333637837
sounds like shilling but they were literally too good at what they were trying to do.
>>
>>333639838
do you know any vanilla servers that were legitimately better? including content (like end game raids, quests and items etc.)?
>>
>>333637837
I remember vanilla WoW. It was revolutionary for its time and probably the best MMORPG ever made. Once I played three hours.
>>
>>333641010
Well, they are all same-y. There's no "Corecraft of vanilla" that does things Correctly from ground up and paying attention to even most minute details.

Valkyrie certainly was better than Nostalrius launch (but it's pretty much dead, fully Russian and GMs playing favourites) but I don't know how much of the obviously broken stuff Nost devs fixed during its lifetime so maybe Nost at this point actually is better because there wasn't any categorical difference. Kronos is allegedly better, with at least some attention to finer details (stuff like Ammo for Rumbleshot RP and such like) but I don't have personal experience and I know they have a number of "unblizzlike" changes like trees blocking LoS.
>>
games die
nothing went wrong, thats just how things work
>>
>>333640653
this. People who cite chinese farmers as the cause for the shutdown are just plain wrong when there are plenty of private servers still up that straight up allow you to buy gear through 'donations'. It was simply a matter of Nostalrius growing large enough for blizz to care.

Tl;dr , blizz saw too many players in one place having fun and not paying them for it
>>
>Vanilla was shit meme

Stay contrarian /v/
>>
>>333638627
It was shit, and so no one played it extensively, and so it died back in 2004.
>>
File: 14582365234.jpg (39 KB, 568x546) Image search: [Google]
14582365234.jpg
39 KB, 568x546
>>333640195

No, anon, I remember back when people used it regularly. It sounded silly then and it sounds silly now.
>>
File: maxresdefault[3].jpg (32 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[3].jpg
32 KB, 1280x720
This guy started playing and talking about it
>>
>>333644320
I still confuses me why people use such a dated term.
>>
File: 1417335941224.jpg (24 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1417335941224.jpg
24 KB, 640x480
>>333643518
ROFL STUPID NIGGER CANT TAKE THE FACT THAT HIS FAV GAME WAS A SHITFEST
>>
>>333638928
kronos. Be sure to let them know you're a nostalrius refugee!
>>
>>333637837
blizzard are being huge dicks
>>
>>333644320
>>333644556

stfu or i'll pwn you both
>>
>>333644737
fuck kronos
nostalrius is gonna be continued from finland
>>
my internet finally stops shitting itself and the fucking server is shutting down
>>
File: 0622oped_sununu.jpg (37 KB, 960x640) Image search: [Google]
0622oped_sununu.jpg
37 KB, 960x640
CHINA
>>
>>333644350
because he remembered how fun it was.
>>
>>333643174
The lead developer for Valkyrie (Yenza) also left to join a server I used to work on called classicwarcraft. Unfortunately that server is plagued by lazyness which caused me to take my backlog and leave. There doesn't seem to be a single vanilla server out there with a strong dedication. I'm just kinda sitting on 36 thousand lines of SQL fixes trying to find one and have been for about 6 months now. At this time the vanilla project is dead. People download cmangos, polish a bit and launch completely avoiding the problem.
>>
>>333644905
Elaborate.
>>
>>333645136
https://www.reddit.com/r/NostalriusBegins/comments/4dq58o/lets_keep_nostalrius_running_or_at_least_revive/
>>
>>333645136
>>333645592
apparently someone else already did it

https://vanilla.re/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2
>>
>>333645126
What I don't understand why people don't share their code. Valkyria was pretty far when it came to scripts, so were many other small servers like Archaica, but they refuse to share code after their downfall.
>>
>>333645136
>>333645592
>>333645706
check out facebook group
/Nostalrius-Reborn-196811704035349 /
>>
>>333646119
facebook dot com in front of it, wouldn't let me post it that way
>>
File: 1454018835791.gif (489 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1454018835791.gif
489 KB, 480x360
>>333645750
That right there, is why the emulation scene has stagnated and relied so heavily on cmangos. Everyone wants to be the "top dog" that runs the server. Too many big egos leading to drama leading to slowdown/shutdown. Which causes those with said egos to go no fuck you it's all my code I'm taking it all with me. It's a pretty awful scene to be perfection honest.

As for Valkyrie yes scripting was ok but the thing is, there is so so SO much more wrong with the game then just that. If you fine tooth comb the game and get to the roots of things you'll notice stuff that is fundamentally broken. For example, on cmangos every monster in the game has some sort of bug whether it be min/max hp, min/max damage etc. If you bust out the bestiary basically the entire game is a big red X of incorrect. It's not scripting bosses and quests. The entire game needs to be redone on cmangos from material veins, monster stats, quest exp rewards, monster AI, monster placement, loot tables, etc. This was all stuff wrong with Nostalrius and literally every pserver out there, which is why I quit working on Nost server (I was the developer known as Cursive who rebuilt UBRS but that's another story.) If there's ever gonna be any progress we really need to get our shit together, buckle down and do some hard work while sharing our commits.
>>
File: PWmHXFK.jpg (78 KB, 460x459) Image search: [Google]
PWmHXFK.jpg
78 KB, 460x459
people wanted what they didn't want
>>
>>333648204
YOU
>>
File: bestiary.png (776 KB, 733x532) Image search: [Google]
bestiary.png
776 KB, 733x532
>>333646443
There's also things like this to consider: for example, in retail NPCs had attributes (str/agi/sta/int) that in part determined their stats. Now, there are reliable sources for most mob health, mana and damage values (such as WoW Bestiary) but even if you go through every single mob that almost invariably has incorrect values on pretty much every extent server, the damage and health ranges you see aren't implemented correctly and behaviour like Vindication ret talent won't work correctly (even if in real practise this didn't matter much, with the talent being almost worthless and all).

Now, this one seems like a detail that could perhaps be figured out since there is some information from tamed hunter pets and such like that could perhaps be figured out into a formula that applies to every mob but it's not just a matter of correcting the values, the way things are handled is wrong at a fundamental level. EVERY mob on EVERY server, even the ones that have corrected the values, is "bugged" if you dig deep enough.

Relevant issue in Corecraft issue tracker: https://github.com/ccshiro/cc-buglist/issues/422
>>
>>333649386
You are correct, although I think for blizzard it was more of attack power. (Currently in cmangos attack power does absolutely nothing for monsters) I personally feel that the Bestiary is 100% correct for outdoors but at this time for dungeons you have to really guess it. You can easily tell that the monsters are underpowered from the Bestiary stats alone. At that point all we can really do is go custom which I did to decent success on my test server. I basically dedicated a dps range to what I think is appropriate for monsters of that level, for example in UBRS acceptable monster dps is 500+ and scale it that way. I honestly don't know if it's possible to find the real numbers but all we can do is try. And yes literally every single monster in the game is bugged which I have fixed already locally for open world. I'd need testers to do dungeons though.
>>
>>333649386
Now that I think about it, it probably is all stats instead of just ATP. The Rulerx guy makes a good point that the Paladin talent that reduces stats would serve no purpose if that wasn't the case. The again it could have been just a blizzard tooltip lie, I don't recall that ever reducing monster max hp on retail which would have been a dead give away that it was stats and not a hack fix.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-08+at+03.27.58).jpg (18 KB, 393x187) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-08+at+03.27.58).jpg
18 KB, 393x187
>>333650401
Confirmed to not actually change maximum hp, therefore it is impossible to say if the monsters really did have stats or not, if they did surely stamina would be among them.
>>
>>333651157
In 3.2 patch Vindication was changed to offer the same effect as demoralizing shout/roar, I think that's post-3.2

An anecdote from prior patch:
>This was performed on a Reanimated Crusader in Icecrown. The mob in question was level 78 and had 11 770 HP from the start.
>After forcing a proc through HoR the mob ended up with 11 130 HP.
>A decrease of 640 HP or 64 stam (5% HP). This would mean the mob has a stam of 320. In other words it gains 3200 HP from stam. The remaining 8570 HP is unaffected by Vindication
>>
File: 1452976503237.png (236 KB, 1002x1104) Image search: [Google]
1452976503237.png
236 KB, 1002x1104
Post /v/ made comics.
>>
File: ss+(2016-04-08+at+02.38.36).png (3 KB, 1005x88) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-04-08+at+02.38.36).png
3 KB, 1005x88
Classic WoW was fucking shit anyway. I don't know why people act like it's the fucking second coming.
>Terrible itemization
>spell crit. spell hit, normal hit, fuck it
>Raiding is largely boring as fuck
>Srysly what can Rag do? Knockback, become immune, spawn some adds. woooow. big fight. You only wipe to that because you're under geared which slowly causes your healers to go OOM which causes slow death.
>Shit rotations for most classes. Frostmage at Ragnaros? Keep pressing Frostbolt until oom, then wand. repeat.
>most speccs are unplayable. Oh you're a Priest? 2 of your trees are Traps and skilling them means no one will take you on a raid.
>sitting around a flower in felwood with 10 people to get a fucking buff
>20min corpseruns
>having to physically move to the BG NPC
>Getting into a Battleground takes ages. so you're forced to kill people on their way to MC or near the BG NPC for Honour because...
>If you wanted your PvP rank you have to grind day and night like a fucking zombie
>getting Pala drops as Horde, getting Shaman drops as Alliance
>40 man raids, Boss drops 2-3 items
And now you're telling me there are people who go: "oh yeah, lemme do that shit forever without ever having a chance of getting improved content!" fucking hell. Nah man. I don't think anyone who experienced classic really wants to play that shit non-stop again.
>>
>>333651474
Shit was it? I couldn't find a video of BC quickly. Disregard my shit then I'm retarded.
>>
I didn't know about private servers until yesterday, just got home from work and found myself a vanilla torrent.
Thanks for the information that I can play your game before you ran it into the ground, blizzard.
>>
File: 1371743522761.png (15 KB, 158x151) Image search: [Google]
1371743522761.png
15 KB, 158x151
>/v/ is now full of blizzcucks
What the fuck happened
>>
>>333653119
stockholm syndrome
>>
File: 1460089648806.jpg (30 KB, 368x475) Image search: [Google]
1460089648806.jpg
30 KB, 368x475
>>333653119
Cant handle the truth?
>>
>>333653119
Think about how much time passed since TBC's glory days passed. A new generation of shitposters that never even tasted the sweet fruit that is hard work and rewards from true effort. They only know the concept of login -> get rewarded, because that's all the industry offers nowadays. Failure or wiping? Unknown words for modern Blizzcvcks. Teamwork, the need to scramble together a group of people to clear something? Nuh-uh, just hand me that dungeon finder tool f@m, can't be arsed to actually cultivate friendships on a static server. God forbid we have human contact in an mmorpg.
>>
>>333653508
>Failure or wiping?

Fun fact for you, the worlds first doing mythic archimonde wiped over 600 times before killing him

>Teamwork

Still there, stop being an obtuse liar trying to push your agenda

>n't be arsed to actually cultivate friendships on a static server. God forbid we have human contact in an mmorpg.

Where are all my friends from vanilla then? Oh right, they dont exist. Protip, adding people casually to your friendslist is not being friends. And if you cant interact with people in modern wow it's your own fault
>>
>>333653985
I'm not talking about the 'hardest' difficulty setting of a small part of the game (raiding), I'm referring to EVERYTHING. People are wiping in things as simple as Deadmines, because it was genuinely difficult compared to retail low level dungeons, there were traps that could fuck your group over royally if no one knew they were coming, and that's something Blizzard wouldn't even dare implement nowadays, don't wanna upset our players with an unexpected patrol of elite mobs that spawned after certain triggers, that then proceeds to catch a healer off guard and rip through him if the tank doesn't notice. We can't have that in a world that is supposed to be dangerous, especially when you go into a den of thieves. Instead you now run in as a warrior, thunder clap or whatever you do nowadays, have infinite aggro and are literally invincible with your heirloom clad character and can 2man the entire dungeon. I heard what kind of shitshow it is from my friends who recently thought they'd give it a try. Didn't last very long. Don't bother replying, cba to discuss things with someone that is willfully ignorant of good game design, go and suck more of your blizzardick.
>>
>>333654820
>because it was genuinely difficult compared to retail low level dungeons

Only because of archaic class designs that were dogshit and not fun to play.

t. paladin and shaman player

>there were traps that could fuck your group over royally if no one knew they were coming, and that's something Blizzard wouldn't even dare implement nowadays, don't wanna upset our players with an unexpected patrol of elite mobs that spawned after certain triggers, that then proceeds to catch a healer off guard and rip through him if the tank doesn't notice.

a lie, honestly if you wiped in vanilla you were dogshit. At the most difficult dungeon mechanics were just "dont stand on this spot at this point in time". The same goes for vanilla raids, if people still wipe on it on nostalrius you're either so bad you shouldn't play or you're simply undergeared, yep that's the hardest part about ragnaros
>>
>>333653119
People got tired of nostalgia fags crying and whining because Blizzard took they stolen goods.
>>
>>333637837
I don't care.

inb4 "you cared enough to post lmao" no anon I fucking didn't you retarded piece of shit
>>
>>333655747
t. blizzcuck
>>
>>333655870
nice buzzwords but it won't bring back your precious nostalgia :^)
>>
>>333656174
I'll suck your dick if you talk like that again
>>
>>333656174
stop alt tabbing from your garrison cuck
>>
>>333655194
Really the only thing that was hard about vanilla raids was organising and looking after 40 people. Also keeping people for so long since raids tended to last longer.

Most people had really menial tasks and easy shit to do, such as mages for water/food, and paladins for blessing, other than that you just had to dps and not stand in shit. Organising that for so many people wasn't difficult by any means, just tedious. That's what vanilla raiding was, tedious

Plus everyone was a noob too, don't forget that part
>>
>>333656370
Stop alt tabbing from idling in orgrimmar, cuck
>>
>>333656443
>>Plus everyone was a noob too, don't forget that part

Maybe, maybe not. I played since almost launch of wow in europe, and no dungeons were ever difficult after certain point. This picture that vanillafag likes to paint that vanilla was a timeless masterpiece is just utterly false
>>
Why do people sit here and pretend playing on a private server is going to bring that feeling of being a teenager back

Buying a motorcycle at 40 is just as effective at making you feel younger as playing on a private server is.
>>
>>333656650
I was having a lot more fun playing nost than i would have playing mythic facebook
>>
>>333656629
It was by no means a masterpiece. Vanilla had a mountain of problems.

It was fun to play, majority of people's first mmo, as well as the community improved the gameplay immensely, that's what most people remember and why they have such fond memories of it I believe.
>>
>>333656882

>claim the game isn't social anymore
>compare it to social media

is this really what nostfags resort to
>>
stop necroing this thread please
>>
>>333637837
Badtank
>>
>>333656882
You're like a middle aged man still wearing teenage clothing. Pretty sad desu
>>
>>333657016
But it's the class they considered adding but ended up scratching ultimately. Let us have some necrophilic fun for once.
>>
Something feels like Blizzard had absolutely nothing to do with the shut down and they're just fabricating a reason to shut it down.
>>
>>333637837
The second they decided to start making money, even a fucking cent from it they signed their asses away.

Absolute fucking retards and deserve everything they get.
>>
>>333657173

They did add Necromancers, they're called Death Knights
>>
>>333657112
your analogy is pretty shit desu, i want to play a videogame before it went to complete shit. not take a time machine to the past
>>
>>333657280
No, they mentioned Death Knights and Necromancers separately at an early class panel even before TBC was out. They talked about how they scratched both classes (and of course DK later made it in, but Necromancer didn't).
>>
>>333656650
I played retail vanilla when I was a kid and played all the way through to MoP. But I can safely say I enjoyed playing on Nost more than I have on retail in a long time.
>>
>>333657332

so you want to play a completely inaccurate "blizzlike" interpretation by some foreigners who accepted donations for stolen intellectual property
>>
File: 1393829861147.gif (2 MB, 374x254) Image search: [Google]
1393829861147.gif
2 MB, 374x254
>>333653119
>not subbed to WoW since Shit of Shitrammar
>still laughing at nostcucks

Stay mad.
>>
>>333657602
Nostalrius donations went directly to server upkeep. They never accepted direct donations and never made a cent from the project.
>>
>>333657770
Keep telling yourself that, nostalcuck
>>
File: fucking triggered.webm (889 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
fucking triggered.webm
889 KB, 720x404
>pressing the spacebar didn't get you to swim up, it consisted of jumping underwater
>>
can't have attention taken away from their glorified facebook game
>>
Why did it take so long to shut it down? Did Nostalrious start doing donations or monetizing anything?
>>
>>333658374
it was steadily growing, twitchfags putting spotlight on it didn't help much either
>>
>he fell for the Nostalruse
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.jpg
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>333637837
Where ware you in final moments ?
>>
File: 1419900469065.jpg (389 KB, 1284x980) Image search: [Google]
1419900469065.jpg
389 KB, 1284x980
DAILY REMINDER FOR BLIZZDRONES EATING UP WOD SHIT NUGGETS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR20QH5UHoM
>>
>fucking hate MMOs because they are garbage
>come to laugh at dumb mmofags
>some of them seriously think you are siding with blizzard just because you are mocking their whining over a shit game

only on /v/

get rekt dumb shit-eating mmofags hahaha lmao
>>
>>333657770
>Being this naive

Vanilla enthusiasts really are manchildren, how about that.
>>
>>333658795
only blizzcucks are this mentally deranged, you're not fooling anyone
>>
>>333637837
>What went wrong?

Server owners botted the server to inflate population.

Chinks started swarming it to make money.

YouTubers started playing it.
>>
>>333658795

What's even worse are the people so pathetic they call you a drone for not hating a company, then in the same breath talking about how perfect the game made by that company used to be

I can't be a bigger hypocrite than that if I tried
>>
>>333658548
Yea, it was advertised alot. Even their own forums mentioned it even though that was a no no. I think Blizzard taking down Nost is less to do with WoW dive bombing and more to do with just growing too popular to allow. Blizzard killing Nost because it's in trouble is a pretty good scapegoat, until you realize that this isn't new and Blizzard have taken down private servers before at different times, even when they were doing well
>>
>What went wrong

Server owners had a gold selling scheme by pretending to be chinese gold sellers and banning all the competition.

Server stuck way too hard to vanilla making lots of specs trash and refused to implement custom patches to fix what should have been fixed in vanilla.

Had a shitton of publicity and got Blizzards attention, especially by openly bragging they could never be taken down because they were in France.
>>
File: 1384583112461.png (346 KB, 632x384) Image search: [Google]
1384583112461.png
346 KB, 632x384
>>333658759
>that laugh

i'm dyin senpai
>>
>>333659065
>Blizzard used to be a good company with a good game
>Show they are a company that shits all over their customers with a bad game
>B-b-but muh hypocrite

You are a LITERAL blizzdrone
>>
>>333658759
>nost had two (2) servers
>Blizz has a gorillion

If they did the smart thing (they won't, it's Blizzard) and cut down to like 10 servers maximum, their servers would look bigger.

Don't be retarded.
>>
>>333659152
Didn't these morons put ads on their site as well?
>>
>>333659231
You're the ultimate cuckold though. Must be pretty sad to cling to decade old game while hating the company that made it. It's time to move on
>>
>>333659384
I think so, yes.
>>
File: 8AArvt4.gif (630 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
8AArvt4.gif
630 KB, 200x200
>>333638585
>the only way people could possibly see an archaic 12 year old mmo which was casual for its time as bad is if they're blizzdrones
>>
>>333659398
>$0.05 has been inserted into your Blizzard account
>>
File: 1460089777904.gif (3 MB, 400x225) Image search: [Google]
1460089777904.gif
3 MB, 400x225
>blizzhaters actually rewrite history and claim vanilla was hardcore when it was always known as the babbys first MMO

my sides
>>
>>333659553

This. Even back when WoW was its most "hardcore", it was still fucking casual compared to the competition.
>>
Emerald Dream is still up last time I checked. Playing an old mmo like this where nothing matters is beyond me though.
>>
>>333659553
lol you need to be older than 18

no one said it was hardcore

but it sure wasnt babbys first MMO either in vanilla

>>333659632
>this
"this"cancerposting
>>
>>333659398
>It's time to move on

If you blizzard shills are going to pretend you're not shills, at least start coming up with some new lines so it's not so obvious
>>
File: 1455103922517.png (218 KB, 333x476) Image search: [Google]
1455103922517.png
218 KB, 333x476
>>333659712
>but it sure wasnt babbys first MMO either in vanilla
>>
>>333659801

I'm not the one with a dead server :^)

You can say whatever you want about me, you're the one who got fucked.
>>
File: 1398486111979.jpg (20 KB, 292x219) Image search: [Google]
1398486111979.jpg
20 KB, 292x219
>>333659712
>Vanilla WoW
>Not baby's first MMO
>>
>>333659801
see>>333653348
>>
>>333659851
>>333659801
I seemed to have elicited quite the response from the defense force :^)

Nice implication, by the way. I never played on the private server, shill. Hope you're getting paid well.
>>
>>333637837

its wow, enjoyed it as babbys first mmo years ago but fts now
>>
File: blizzard.jpg (180 KB, 1188x600) Image search: [Google]
blizzard.jpg
180 KB, 1188x600
>>333659851
>I'm not the one with a dead server :^)
KEK you sure about that?
>>
>>333659306
They've been merging and cutting down since MoP.
>>
>>333653508

yup sucks how they butchered the social aspect of an mmo... and then everyone followed their lead, also babying
>>
File: 12312.jpg (40 KB, 329x344) Image search: [Google]
12312.jpg
40 KB, 329x344
>>333658640
playing cata on atlantis
>>
>Shills no longer responding
Thinking up a new one liner to spam for the next 24 hours? lmao
>>
>>333660808
nah it's just getting boring

>vanilla is objectively shit
>NUH UH FUCKING SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL let me post some more bogus sub numbers post-token system

it gets old
>>
>>333660940
Only a shill would actually get defensive over my post, no one else would care since I'm not calling them out.

Thanks for proving my point
>>
>>333660995
I know I know, everything you say is right and everything I say is wrong. Looks like you have some growing up to do, see>>333653348
>>
>>333661117
>Looks like you have some growing up to do
I saw that line yesterday

Try again. Tick tock, I'm sure your shift will be up soon.
>>
>>333661192
So? I think we've all seen your lines doubly so
>>
>>333661312
>So?
So, maybe you should start defending WoD instead of attacking fans of vanilla if you want to make your commission.

Go on, sell me on why WoD is so great. I'm sure you've got your list ready.
>>
File: 1456394123030.png (38 KB, 467x62) Image search: [Google]
1456394123030.png
38 KB, 467x62
>cata ruined best zones
>LFD
>LFR
>Diablo 3"b-b-but muh bounties"
>"cookie cutter talents who needs them"
>blizzard is right we think we want it but we don't
>people defending blizzard
>>
File: 1395415891782.gif (650 KB, 598x444) Image search: [Google]
1395415891782.gif
650 KB, 598x444
>>333653119
You think it's coincidence suddenly everyone loves blizzard?

Blizzard, like most companies (and politicians) nowdays, have employees alocated for social media damage control who's work is to lessen the negative impact on public opinion after taking controversial decisions
>>
>>333661548
This

They're all over these fucking threads like cockroaches
>>
>>333661465
I've never once defended wod here, you nostalcucks are just annoying and you get what you deserve. You really arguing like a 10 year old don't you? You must be a pretty shit personality to deal with in real life
>>
>>333661618
Nice, a bunch of ad hominems - but I still don't want to buy blizzards latest shitty expansion yet
>>
>>333660995
Funny how you yourself are getting defensive and claiming everybody else shills

news for you bub nobody actually cares about this board, no one is a shill, vanilla is actually just shit

I hope you can read that without going into a fit.
>>
>>333661719
>Telling people to NOT waste your money on a shit game
>Shill

Do you even know what shill means? You should, because you are one.
>>
>>333661509
Could you sound any more butthurt and objectively wrong?
>>
>>333660416
They've been doing CRZ and merged realms or whatever, not hard cutting them, which they should do. Blizz is so worried about the negative press that comes with cutting servers that they're starving their own playerbase. They're idiots.
>>
>>333661708
>a bunch of ad hominems

As opposed to when you post? lel, again you just prove how immature you are with each post. If you want to try and start an "us vs them" war on /v/, try not to look like as much as a fool
>>
>>333637837
Server admins turning a profit by selling gold

That was literally the only reason Blizz went after them. Stealing assets is one thing but making a buck off their work is a serious no-no.
>>
>>333661817
But he's objectively right.
>>
>>333661809
>talking about games you like
>shill

neo-/v/ermin fag, get out
>>
File: 1424898510263.jpg (85 KB, 500x384) Image search: [Google]
1424898510263.jpg
85 KB, 500x384
>>333661809
>s-shill!
>no, vanilla is just shit, always was. always will be.
>s-shill!

I feel sorry for you.
>>
>>333661857
>As opposed to when you post?

Yes, because I'm not actually 10 years old - you however are an obvious shill. Anyone who defends WoD is either getting paid or a retard, so take your pick.
>>
>>333661980
>no u

A riveting post from your own genius
>>
>>333661928
Vanilla was decent for it's time, depending on the patch. TBC was shit, Wrath was good until 3.3, Cata was bad, Mists was okay until 5.3 and WoD was the worst.
>>
>>333661980
You're 10 years old mentally if you think Vanilla was in any way good
>>
File: 1454202450485.png (30 KB, 256x264) Image search: [Google]
1454202450485.png
30 KB, 256x264
>>333661925
>/v/ hates Blizzard
>Actively defending WoW in every thread over the past 2 days, all using the same lines and reasoning
>Not a shill
>>
>>333661867
Nice try Blizz, that shit didn't happen.

>but it's not a real server experience since you can BUY GOLD
>>
>>333662071
/v/ is not your echo chamber, neo-/v/ fag
>>
>>333661880
Nostalgia is a hell of a drug.
>>
>>333662098
>he doesn't know
>>
>>333662041
>>333662053
I hope blizzard does open Vanilla servers eventually. They'll need the money for how many blizzcucks they paid for.
>>
AAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
FUCKING RETARDS
THATS WHAT YOU GET FOR PLAYING WOW IN 2016
GET FUCKING FUCKED
RETARDS
>>
>>333661817
im right anon there are major problem with wow today but blizzard doesn't want to take the steps necessary to make it better
>>
>>333661850
Transferring all that server data to another probably isn't that easy of a process either.
>>
>>333662170
>shill shill shill

Fascinating
>>
Vanilla was tedious and time consuming, did you niggers even raid?
>>
>>333637979
>>333638627
>>
>>333656650

Why do people sit here and pretend that it's the same game 10 years later?

The game basically took the idea of the capital city that people wait in for shit to happen and gave your your own personal version of that

There's no reason to leave your garrison anymore, all you have to do is harvest garrison resources and queue up in group finders
>>
>if I tell people they don't enjoy it enough / claim they never actually played vanilla, they'll start to hate it
>>
>>333662307
None of the people who defend nostalrius did, it's why they're so desperate to experience what they missed a decade ago
>>
>>333662268
Probably not, but the game's suffering on all of these dead servers. Literally the only servers worth playing on are Sargaras, Stormrage, Illidan and Moon Guard.
>>
>>333638928
Just dont senpai. Retail is super dead and nostalrius is gone. All that is left is shitty modded private servers. Just be content with your memories
>>
File: fotofnewjlexer_photo.png (204 KB, 353x402) Image search: [Google]
fotofnewjlexer_photo.png
204 KB, 353x402
>Talk shit about WoD or support vanilla
>2 guaranteed replies minimum of them telling you to move on or attacking you personally

Every time.
>>
>>333662302
If the shoe fits.
>>
File: 1448368963234.png (97 KB, 331x397) Image search: [Google]
1448368963234.png
97 KB, 331x397
>it's a "butthurt nostalfag attempts an echo-chamber thread where everyone who doesn't immediately joins their cause is labeled a blizzcuck" episode
>it's the third rerun just today
Look, I know your first "private server gone awry" experience can be harsh, but you'll need to eventually let it go.
>>
>>333662153

Streamlining the game and making it more efficient sounds good in theory but in practice it makes it way less appealing to actually go out in the world and do shit. There's no reason to leave your garrison when you can do LFR, LFD, and queue up for BGs inside of it.

The RPG and exploration aspect of the game is gone, there might as well be one zone now because nobody ever uses the hundreds that currently exist.
>>
>>333662540
>yfw you realize it's because most of the people that played vanilla and are on 4chan were young and hated during those days
>yfw you realize it's because they literally didn't have a solid group of fun people because they were too busy trying to be lel epik trollllll personalities
>>
>>333662504
Nostalrius was a shitty modded private server too.

I got ahold of their in-progress scripting for AQ.

Its unbelievably bad.
>>
>>333662215
Except you aren't. There are major problems with WoW currently, mostly stemming from them putting to much into raiding with not enough of it. 2 tiers with 4 difficulties was retarded. Everything you listed was an objective improvement.
>>
>>333662403
You make it sound like it garrisons really changed all that much in the game. People used to afk in cities and now they afk in their garrisons, what's the fucking difference?

I'm so tired of this meme of WoW has changed so much, maybe you were young when whenever you started playing or missed out on the overhyped 'golden age' but it's LITERALLY the same shit.

People got bored and bashed it when they got tired of the grind the same way they do now. Everyone is a fucking critic on the internet these days jesus christ WW3 when? We need to cull the weak
>>
>>333662738
>the "insider knowledge" poster
>>
>>333662767
>what's the fucking difference?
What does the second M in MMORPG stand for?
>>
>>333662767
Can't find people to duel in a garrison you stupid nigger.
>>
>>333662798
It's true, kronos is a lot better. Nostalrius is just a meme, a fad that spread by word of mouth fags who shilled it nonstop. If people googled "wow private server" they would get nostalrius and not kronos. There's a reason /wpsg/ hates it
>>
>>333662798
He gets paid double the other drones because he's more subtle.
>>
>>333662930
/wpsg/ hates it because they love shit like The Rebirth with its 6 players
>>
>run a server with copy righted material
>wonder why it's getting taken down

They are filthy fucking pirates. I hope they have to pay for all the money they lost blizz.
>>
>>333662862
>asking retarded rhetorical questions to try and sound smart

afking in orgrimmar isn't anything more M than afking anywhere else. Spamming LFM in general chat isn't anything more M or interactive than starting a premade group in retail
>>
>>333662862
You can still actively interact with people in the exact same way, literally you can go out and communicate with people right now. You can join a guild and its the EXACT same. Ever think YOU are the problem if you're having such a hard time?
>>
>>333663135
>>333663180
>>333662540

Like clock work
>>
>>333662928
There is nothing stopping you from going to ashran cities or outside capital cities and dueling. There are ALWAYS people there on high pop servers jesus christ how fucking retarded are you?
>>
>>333663270
>people who argue with me with facts are shills!!!111

Going by this thread you're the one that acts like a broken record like clock work
>>
Vanilla/TBC were better than the current incarnation of WoW because the current version has essentially removed any aspect of the "RPG" element of MMORPG that previously existed.

Leveling your character previously gave you the opportunity to slowly identify with the class you were playing. Each class had their own unique thing that they got to do while leveling up. For example, Warriors and the stance quests, or Warlocks and learning how to master the different demons available. Warlocks and Paladins got the epic mount quests which required you to go around the world doing the quests until you finally got that awesome gold plated unicorn/dreadsteed. Remember when Warlocks needed an actual ritual to summon a Doomguard?

Leveling up and making you go back to your class trainer made you pay attention to what new skills you were able to use. Now effectively all the classes are the same. Leveling your character isn't an experience, it's just a chore that people try to speed through as quickly as possible (see full sets of heirloom gear pulling multiple groups of mobs in dungeons and doing just fine).

Attuning to the different raids let you get a feeling of accomplishment before even doing the actual raid, it made you feel prepared for what you were going to do.

All of these things are stripped away because they're inefficient, but it also strips away the valuable part of WoW.
>>
>>333637979
People who actually enjoy games still enjoy Vanilla. Blizzard will never say that the fact of the matter is that some just enjoy Vanilla because that goes against their marketing machine; why would they ever encourage you to play a version of the game that directly competes with them? To admit so is bad marketing.

But again, that doesn't take away the fact.
>>
>>333663365
I won't sit here and argue all day, because you're wrong, but simply put, you have to SEEK out that element when before, I made tons of friends just by happening upon them in the major cities and seeing their conversations, or them asking me to duel because of comparable gear.

Shit is deader than dead now, and I've ONLY ever played on the highest population servers, so don't give me horseshit about community still being there.
>>
>>333663443
I leveled 5 60's in vanilla and 2 on nost, it's not a thrilling experience in the least. It's cool the FIRST time not fucking everytime the game is TWELVE years old
>>
File: wtpch4mdygg42n5jzxc0.png (23 KB, 1184x428) Image search: [Google]
wtpch4mdygg42n5jzxc0.png
23 KB, 1184x428
>>333663373
Except every time I post this fact (pic related) the Blizzard defense force comes out every time trying to justify that peak vanilla subscribers were higher than current subscribers (and even lower than this graph suggests since it's a bit old now).
>>
I only had real fun in vanilla and wotlk, everything else has been shit tier for me after the leveling experience
>>
>>333663580
Boring as fuck until you run into that one guy from the other faction that becomes your lifelong nemesis.
>>
>>333658640
I returned, adorned in my full warlock regalia, to my spawning point in Deathknell. I came from the Shadow Crypt and to the Shadow Crypt I returned.
>>
>>333658374
They were getting money from the chinese gold sellers
>>
>>333637837
Blizzard got desperate
>subs fall to 5 million (first time since early vanilla)
>no new content planned for the next 12 months after that
>realize the subs are only going to continue to fall so stop releasing sub numbers for the first time ever
>not that even the most popular servers are only "medium" they released a statement saying it was because they had upped the population limit for servers (a lie)
>for the first time ever view private servers as a real threat
>kill the most popular one
>>
>>333662746
majority of the problems stem from the accessibility of the game. make it too easy people get bored of it and drop it, make it too difficult the people who never really cared for playing the game cry about how hard it is.
blizzard needs to find the right balance and they haven't done that in a very long time.
>>
>>333663579
This STILL happens.

Literally STILL fucking happens, what in the fuck m8

I'm sorry you're a bump on the log on some dead fucking server but WoD hasn't suddenly killed the interaction.

>taking a portal to org and flying outside is SEEKING this

holy fuck your parents really did a number on you
>>
>>333663661
>what are tokens

I dont think blizz actually cares though, if they did they would give people more content now rather than asking everyone to wait months for legion
>>
>>333663579
what if....
wait no seriously
what if you
NO LISTEN

what if YOU didnt sit in your garrison because theres literally no reason to be there more than 2 minutes at a time here and there

woah....
>>
>>333663775
>on some dead server

Yep, that's what you all fucking say. You didn't even read my post.

Now you'll say Tichondrius is a dead server.
>>
File: LMAO.png (15 KB, 948x118) Image search: [Google]
LMAO.png
15 KB, 948x118
>>333663943
Yeah I'm sure "tokens" caused this
>>
>>333659152
>owner gold selling meme

I ask for proofs but every time I'm just told to go fuck myself.

This is the quintessential contrarian mindset.
>Something happened
>No it cannot be this obviously logical and reasonable explanation
>There MUST be more

See: /pol/
>>
>>333664224
>implying /pol/ isn't right about most things
>>
>>333664107
Tich isn't a dead server as much as an egocentric server, maybe word got out that you're an insufferable cunt and you're blacklisted by people.

Been on tich for the better part of 10 years and even in WoD i've had no problem with interacting with random people and forming a solid friends list
>>
>>333664124
Cool, no more gaming journalists making clickbait articles and self-rightous shitposters on /v/ anymore. Seems like a pretty smart move on blizz' part
>>
>>333664304
If you call "le habbening" on that shit, underage board every time someone sneezes you're bound to get 1 or 2 right
>>
>>333663443

I hated how they eventually just scrapped class quests. The Balance of Light and Shadow will always be one of my favorite quests ever.
>>
>>333664329
>Xxleetboner has logged on
>Xxleetboner has logged off

>friends
>>
File: 1444355690289.jpg (26 KB, 327x316) Image search: [Google]
1444355690289.jpg
26 KB, 327x316
>>333664345
Holy shit, the shilling is real
>>
>>333658374
It was starting to become a threat. With subscriptions falling drastically (probably below 4 mil now) and Nost getting so popular it served to illustrate some of the poor changes/decisions they've made with modern WoW. Made retail look worse by comparison which theoretically hurts potential subscriptions. Didn't help that so many popular WoW streamers were playing it instead of retail.
>>
>>333664460
epic xd
>>
File: 1459980390228.jpg (199 KB, 1440x1920) Image search: [Google]
1459980390228.jpg
199 KB, 1440x1920
>>333663775
not the one you're replying to, but the "server community" aspect of WoW is garbage and has been garbage for a long time.

You literally spend more time playing with strangers from other servers thanks to LFR, LFD and cross-server battlegrounds.
You can tank a raid and bail out right before the final boss, with no repercussion on your reputation on the server.
Retail WoW is literally designed for mentally-challenged individuals and/or young children
>>
Absolutely nothing. It's exactly what it should be. The problem was people not prepared for the reality of the server.
>>
>>333664358
>1 or 2
try a 95%+ correct rate

/pol/ exists to talk about the shit you left wing sjw apologist faggot tumblrinas get offended about and yet are completely true
>>
>>333662504
>Retail is super dead
compared to what?
>>
>>333664656
You need to be 18 or over to post here friend
>>
>>333664696
im 27, 28 next month

come back when you have something other than a strawman
>>
>>333664304
Few years ago /pol/ was riding Ron Paul's dick so hard they got rectal bleeding when his sub 8% popularity ranking was posted on fox news.

Now they chant lolbetarian and cuck shed when mentioning him and his son and praise fox news and breitbart as the new messengers of American values.
>>
>>333664549
>those two dudes in that pic are the fucking based gods. best kids tv show makers ever
>>
>>333664489
Blizzard has always taken gone after some private servers though, regardless of how they were doing. It's less because of being threatened and more because enough gathered and advertised Nost that it became a blip on their radar
>>
>>333664765
>Being 28 years old
>Visiting /pol/

LMAO
>>
>>333664847
>/pol/
>approving of Breitbart

Is that why anyone who posts a Breitbart article routinely gets >kikebart as a reply?
>>
File: fat-nazi.jpg (23 KB, 423x267) Image search: [Google]
fat-nazi.jpg
23 KB, 423x267
>>333664964
Why does your shit board have the most spill over? You're worse than ponyfags. Pic related, it's you.
>>
>>333637837
They made a shitty vanilla server instead of TBC.
>>
>>333664863
>strawman intensifies
>>
>>333664656
>95%+
Okay, at first I thought you might've been that lone unironic stormfag but now you're just blatantly baiting.
>>
>>333664964
They suck Milo's gay race mixing cock on the daily.

They sucked off Ben Shapiro too despite him being a Jew...until he criticized trump then suddenly he was a turbokike again.

/pol/ is just contrarian for the sake of being contrarian.
>>
>>333665130
They were working on tbc
>>
File: jew coin.gif (2 KB, 62x64) Image search: [Google]
jew coin.gif
2 KB, 62x64
>stop taking individual, small donations
>your new donation scheme didn't take off at all
>know you were going to run out of money mid-march weeks ago and would have to close the servers
>pin it all on blizz when you shut down

they actually did it and got away with it
the absolute, absolute madmen
>>
>>333637837
over on wow forums mods are going nuts purging "vanilla" and "legacy servers" threads left right and center. banning and deleting.

I literally made a post just comparing vanilla talents to legion talents and outlining that the new artifact weapon talents are no better than the old vanilla talents:
you know..
10% dmg to spell ability
5% crit
5% hit
5% wand dmg

and they deleted it. literally because i mentioned vanilla
fucking jews i swear to fuck. i dont even give a shit about legacy servers what the fuck. i'm so mad right now jesus
>>
>>333665383
Is this the best Blizzard could come up with?
>>
>>333664964
Didn't all the jews at brietbart fuck off with (((Ben Shapiro)))
>>
>>333665480
You can look it up on the nostalrius forums you know.
http://forum.nostalrius.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=37403
>>
File: 1341453738161.jpg (150 KB, 990x553) Image search: [Google]
1341453738161.jpg
150 KB, 990x553
>2016
>keeping your servers in France
>actually believing a multi-billion dollar corporation based out of the U.S. wouldn't have the capacity to sue the fuck out of you and shut your operation down

RUSSIAN BASED SERVER WHEN?
>>
>>333640195
>Wow, the meta is real.

that doesn't make sense
>>
>>333665707
>Servers in France

Isn't that where Blizz EU is located?
>>
>>333665707
There's no need to get anything US-based involved. Blizz EU headquarters are in France and they operate WoW in France and have all related intellectual properties and copyrights there.
>>
>people seriously think they want to play vanilla
glad blizzard corrected their mistake and showed them that they really dont want that.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuOYmqSF6OQ
>>
>>333665821
>>333665765

So how did no one expect this to happen? I didn't play on Nostalrius but did anyone not see this coming? Blizzard has shut down every popular vanilla server, no?
>>
>>333665629
>Running low of server funds
>Make an appeal to the server population to keep the fun happening
>Some people donate

That was hard
>>
>>333665904
I've never seen a more pretentious, punchable cunt in my life - and I've seen Phil Fish.
>>
>>333665904
Some people do want to play vanilla, but for all those crying for legacy servers, how many would really want to pay monthly for legacy servers - and that for months?
People always point to the numbers on these free servers but it doesn't mean when it's free. This is /v/, I shouldn't have to tell anyone about all the fucking garbage that has huge player numbers because it's free.
>>
>>333665964
>So how did no one expect this to happen?
The fact that it's a private server, period, means everyone should expect it.
>>
>>333665420
This whole situation needed to happen, it deserves the amount of attention it's receiving. Blizzard are looking to be a hell of a lot worse than EA as a company with this trash.

Honestly, I hope the divide continues and gets larger and larger. I wish another company would see the out pouring and make a better MMO out of the drama and inject some life into a flat-lining genre.

Nah, it's better to just sterilize the narrative. /ban
>>
>>333665984
Except that is not what happened, partly because they stopped accepting small donations. People couldn't "chip in", you had to donate to cover the server costs for a whole month or your money would not be accepted.

The guys said they expected people to organise a "frontman" who would collect these small numbers from people willing to give and then he would donate them in a big bulk. Shows how fucking delusional they were.
>>
>>333666208
But facing the crisis of the server shutting down - why wouldn't they just open up their hands and say "ok enough bullshit, all money welcome"?
>>
>>333666159
>. Blizzard are looking to be a hell of a lot worse than EA as a company with this trash.

m8 nobody cares
This wasn't even the biggest Blizzard-exclusive newsstory of the last couple of days. Assgate and shit.
>>
>>333666159
>I wish another company would see the out pouring and make a better MMO
yeah because that's never been attempted and ended in massive failure before
>>
File: BY FIRE BE PURGED.jpg (349 KB, 1100x803) Image search: [Google]
BY FIRE BE PURGED.jpg
349 KB, 1100x803
>>333666139

Yet Nostalrius players seem shocked. I feel bad for them really, they just want to play the fucking game. But man, I don't know how you can dedicate so much time to a character knowing that it will be inevitably deleted when a cease and desist order arrives in the mail.

Oh well. Glad I kicked my WoW habit years ago.
>>
>>333666089
you know, pretty much ALL of the people who want vanilla servers and play on private vanilla servers would be more than happy to pay and play on blizz legacy servers. they paid for playing on vanilla servers for years back when blizzard had them, why wouldnt they be ready to do the same thing now?
>>
>>333666372
Wildstar was always going to be shit because of NCsoft.

>>333666351
Which is even sadder, given that "Assgate" didn't have fuck to do with the game, just a fucking pose.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 45

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.