[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were there actually white child soldiers?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
Were there actually white child soldiers?
>>
Raiden was a white child soldier. Same with Liquid.

So yeah probably.
>>
>>333625448
Are you retarded
>>
He's an albino my man
>>
>>333625448
No, because, if you follow the logic of MGS2, it's all just fake memories implanted to justify certain parts of the simulation.

Also, MGR is not cannon.
>>
>>333625648
No he's Afrikaaner.
He doesn't have the hair, or the prominent jaw, to be an albino african.
>>
In MGSV, the child soldiers you capture are brought to mother base to learn how to adjust to a normal life. has there ever been a real life group that attempted this and how did the adjusted child soldiers behave?

Pretty sure in the cut chapter three of MGSV, Big Boss / Venom was going to go against what Miller's plans on what to do with the child soldiers. Basically, BB / V was going to actually send the children out to be soldiers, while Miller wanted to help them live normal lives. Is this what caused the divide between Miller and Big Boss or was it something else? I know that Big Boss wanted to make Outer Haven without Miller's assistance, which is what really caused Miller to go against BB. But why did BB not want Miller anymore to begin with? Miller is like BB's most trusted soldier.
>>
>>333625648
>>333625792
He's caucasian. His parents were Americans whom Solidus killed. Solidus adopted Raiden into his child soldier army. Raiden was called the white devil because he was one of the only caucasians, if not the only one, in the army.
>>
>>333625781
Not everything about raiden is false memories. Him being a child soldier in the Liberian civil war is canon.

Also, even if Raiden being a child soldier was fake, Grey Fox is white and was a child soldier.

I'm just curious to know if there's any factual basis for why Kojima uses white child soldiers instead of black ones, or if its just Japan not wanting blacks in their video games.
>>
>>333626539
I think that one of the ultimate point of MGS2 is that it's all just a game, therefore Raiden was never really a child soldier.
>>
>>333626742
This is actually what I hope is the canonical explanation, because I think Raiden's characterization would make more sense if he was never a child soldier to begin with. He seems like a normal guy in the beginning, with weird quirks and an overbearing girlfriend.
>>
>>333625448
Fuck no!

Raiden was actually Mexican.
>>
>>333625820
I think BB knew he needed Miller to guide Venom in order for his ruse to work. A necessary sacrifice.
>>
>>333625781
MGR is more canon than TPP.
>>
>>333627943
what do you mean?
>>
>>333629079
>my head canon is canon

:^)
>>
>>333629079
Well, I think that there comes a point in the MGS series where canon isn't all that important. There is a distinct possibility that after MGS1, Kojima didn't care about canon as much as his crazy ideas.

Also, maybe the MGR devs wanted to make it a canon game, but they missed the point of the series by wanting to do so.
>>
File: 1453909185100.jpg (61 KB, 1000x800) Image search: [Google]
1453909185100.jpg
61 KB, 1000x800
>>333629909
>my head canon is more canon than your head canon
>>
>>333630187
kojima confirmed MGR is non canon before it was even released
>>
>>333632229
No he didn't retard.
>>
>>333625448
In the MGS universe, yes.
>>
Why do the "MGR isn't canon" autists appear in every thread related to Raiden

that wasn't even the question, does its status as canon even matter?

it's canon
>>
>>333626926
>He seems like a normal guy in the beginning, with weird quirks and an overbearing girlfriend.
That's the whole point. That's the fake part. It was literally all invented by the Patriots, right down to the girlfriend.
>>
>>333632229
Kojima fucking loved MGR and immediately wanted another one you retard.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.