[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Megaman is objectively more difficult than the Souls series.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3
File: 34552-Megaman_VII_(USA)-7.png (21 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
34552-Megaman_VII_(USA)-7.png
21 KB, 800x600
Megaman is objectively more difficult than the Souls series.
>>
>>333619528
To be fair, Battletoads is more difficult than Dark Souls.
>>
>megaman
>hard
rockman romhacks maybe
>>
>7
>hard
>>
File: 1457939316460.jpg (253 KB, 1424x1080) Image search: [Google]
1457939316460.jpg
253 KB, 1424x1080
>>333619528

>having any means of saving progress

Try playing Super Ghouls and Ghosts

I bet most of you couldn't even beat the first level.
>>
>>333619528
Dark Souls owes most of its difficult to the clunky controls and animations.

If it had controls as tight as Megman, it'd be a fucking cake walk.
>>
>>333619528
Dark souls isn't difficult, its literally about preparation, not skill.
>>
>>333619528
Why is the Souls series "hard"?
It's easier than just about every RPG I played, notable ones Oblivion and the Witcher 3. Is it because enemies respawn when you die? Is that it?
>>
>kill enemy
>walk lma little left, then right
>enemy is there again

Nice artificial difficulty you have there.

Dark souls isn't too hard, the good thing is that it is FAIR and hard with almost no artificial difficulty
>>
>le trial and error roll around game is hard

nice meme
>>
>>333620221
This. Soul games start to be a chore to me.
>>
No shit
>>
I hate the hard game marketing for Souls. It's literally only challenging your first time, and even then, if you're old school or patient it's a cake walk. All of them, even Bloodborne.
>>
>>333619528

only X6 is
>>
>>333619528
Doesnt take a genius to know that
>>
>>333620221
>clunky controls
>>333621812
Sounds more like you guys rage quit and blamed your death on the game mechanics rather than accepting your deaths as your own fault.
>>
>>333619808
Fuck battletoads, I've tried to beat it so many times and I never got to the final level, fuck Clinger Winger.
>>
>>333619528
Ok, so what
>>
>>333619528
Ninja Gaiden III, my favorite NES Ninja Gaiden, is objectively more difficult than the Souls Series, even after you git gud at playing it and you can beat it in 35 minutes.
>>
Call of Duty of its time.
>>
Classicvania is a better comparison
>>
>>333619528
>souls series
>hard
For fucks sake , the game is not hard.
When will this fucking normie meme end?
Dark souls is one of the simpliest games ever made.
It sure has some cryptic shit , but the basic controls are there. you literally have an invicilbity button. Just dodge , or block.
shits not hard , you have to be horrendously bad at videogames to think that.
>>
>>333619528
X series was pretty easy. Most of MM Classic was bullshit hard.
>>
>>333622516
>LE GIT GUD MAYMAY :^3

I tried to replay all of the souls for preparation of 3 and I couldn't do it. It just felt like I was walking and attacking through syrup. And that's after the input lag. I really don't remember it being that slow.
I chugged through Demon and got to the wonder twins on Dark and just decided I was done. Ended up not even buying 3, I think I've outgrown it.
>>
>>333622854
The thing is that Souls games require patience, you just need to be a little careful and the game becomes easy as fuck, it's a shame that so many people can't handle this concept.
>>
>>333619528
>Megaman making a Jojo reference
ROADO ROLLA DA
>>
>>333622854
difficulty is not one-dimensional. games can demand reflexes, timing, patience, in-depth knowledge of the game, memorization, muscle memory, speed, analytical thinking, etc.

compared to similar games, dark souls calls for more patience and precision. the game is relatively unforgiving of mistakes, and you need to learn to stay calm and focused in dangerous situations, instead of mashing buttons. This presents challenges of a certain sort, which I think are a lot of fun, but ultimately the game is far easier to master than many others.
>>
let's rank the mega man games by difficulty.

r&f > 9 > 7 > 10 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > 1 > 8 > kirby >>> 2
>>
>>333619868
he didn't say hard, he just said more difficult than the souls series.
>>
>>333623869
1 is the hardest because of the shit controls
>>
>>333622516
I guess you could call it a rage quit, but I didn't actually die or encounter any enemies.

I pirated DS the moment the torrent was available. Noticed the 30 FPS cap, the terrible controls and UI, the clunkyness of combat and I immediately uninstalled.
>>
Souls game arent hard. They're just one of the few games that arent braindead easy

Every game has to be cranked up to insane difficulty to have any kind of challenge and in a lot of cases it's still not enough and im not even that good at games
>>
>>333620112
I got to level 2! And died fucking miserably. That game is pure dicks.
>>
File: 1459970137975.gif (73 KB, 537x383) Image search: [Google]
1459970137975.gif
73 KB, 537x383
>>333621783
>le trial and error jumping on platforms and enemies game is hard
>le trial and error ninja slicing game is hard
>le trial and error [insert any mechanic of any game] is hard
Anon... games are about dying and trying again until you win and git gud. ALL games can be simplified down to trial and error. That doesn't make a hard game any less hard. Do you want a game that saves once you die and never let's you play again?

You are like that idiot who said Mario platforming games were just jumping puzzles and therefore not games because you could try again every time you died.
>>
>>333619528
>memorize through trial and error until you git gud

Gee so hard just like any thing in the world forever and ever.
>>
>>333625161
>being able to ever beat anything makes it easy
I wish this meme would go.
>>
>>333625161
People who say this have no right to play modern video games. Obviously they're too old for them now. It reminds me of those people who complain about teenagers who have cars to getto school when they had to walk.
>>
>>333619528
Neither of those series are hard, m8.
>>
>>333624239
1 is the hardest because of Ice Man's level. Fuck those moving platforms.
>>
>>333620221
AHAHAHAHAAH
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.