[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What could go wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9
File: zelda_002.jpg (65 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
zelda_002.jpg
65 KB, 1280x720
What could go wrong?
>>
SECRET MOBILE GAME
>>
>>333606575
Retaining the bad characters, pacing, and structure from Skyward Sword
>>
literally nothing will go wrong
>>
Realistically speaking, not putting enough stuff in the overworld would be my main concern. Parts not densely packed with content should at least be extremely gorgeous and imaginative to traverse like Xenoblade X to compensate.
>>
Keep Miyamoto away and it'll be fine.
>>
Braindead simplistic combat
Terrible openess that results in the game having no difficulty curve or increase
A large overworld with nothing to do
Dumbass ALBW rental system
>>
>>333607093
>Miyamoto having influence over Zelda
He said he outright stopped being involved in Zelda's development a few years ago. Probably only gets to try developer builds to give feedback now.
>>
>>333606575
>Too much emphasis on a retarded storyline.
>Secrets aren't really secrets.

It will still be good eitherway. I love me Zelda.
>>
>>333606575
It's not gonna surpass Xenoblade X in world design, that's a given. Nor is it gonna be bigger than it.

I really don't know what to expect. Zelda's combat get pretty boring fast, so it's gonna need more gameplay variety to compensate. As long the the world isn't a barren wasteland and treasures aren't rupees and heart containers, and actual stuff that has use outside specific dungeons, yeah I have hope.
>>
>Nintendo

A whole lot.
>>
>>333606801
>not liking groose
Poor taste detected
>>
>>333606575
I hope they don't make Link look like a fucking woman again.
>>
>>333610161
He looks cute. Women aren't cute.
>>
>>333606575
What i fear the most is that they don't put much enphasis on the dungeons.

Everything else seems fantastic, there 's apparently a lot of weapons and possibly clothing customization. The overworld looks great and didn't look empty at all in what they have shown so far ( of course they didn't want to spoil shit on the gameplay demo)

The other thing that kind of worries me is that combat could be dull, hopefully the secret skills from past games will be back, with new combat styles.

And i really just hope for a world literally FULL of mystery and stuff to find.
>>
File: ayy_skyward.png (1 MB, 1440x900) Image search: [Google]
ayy_skyward.png
1 MB, 1440x900
>>333610445
He is cute when he's depicted with more prominent masculine traits.

He looked fucking horrible in Skyward Sword.
>>
>>333610874
The bags under his eyes bothered me the entire game, they make him look... off.
>>
So there's rumors now that the game has voice acting and that you can choose to be a boy or a girl apparently
>>
>>333606801
>Not liking The Groose
>Not liking best Zelda
>Not liking based Gran-gran
Shit taste
>>
File: 1445056846307.png (2 MB, 1920x993) Image search: [Google]
1445056846307.png
2 MB, 1920x993
>>333610445
>draw a girl
>call it a guy
>closet heterosexuals insist that they're gay when they pop a boner
>proceed to call girls "ugly"
I don't understand you niggers.
>>
>>333611149
>generic genki waifubait
>best Zelda
>>
>>333607306
>not liking the rental system
It gave rupees a purpose and as a sideeffect we got the best dungeons in the series. git gud
>>
>>333606575
>What could go wrong?
It could make one mistake, forcing /v/tards to label the game as shit
>>
>>333611320
>How to tell someone didn't play SS: The post the game the show the experience the play based on the movie
>>
>>333611846
Rental system was fucking garbage that only made you a one man army from the start, made a bunch of items useless and killed all sense of progression

>best dungeons
Are you fucking serious? ALBW 10 minute long dungeons were extremely bland and piss easy.
>>
>>333612430
You act like items are useful in any other Zelda game. You act You act like anyone used more than just the sword in other games. You act like all Zelda dungeons aren't bland and piss easy. You are literally only bitching for the sake of bitching.
>>
>>333613071
He's complaining because the rental system specifically gets in the way of making challenging dungeons and proper progression.
>>
>>333613071
Hey bro remind me all those times you used the boomerang in ALBW

Oh that's right, you fucking didn't because the hookshot and arrow existed
>>
>>333613197
Every dungeon in this game was made to be centered around a certain item, just like every other game.

>>333613279
Hey bro remind me all those times you used the boomerang IN ANY OTHER GAME.
>>
File: LinkLyKoo.jpg (830 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
LinkLyKoo.jpg
830 KB, 1920x1080
>>333606575
>What could go wrong?
Shit like this. I hope these rumors are bullshit.
>>
>>333607093
miyamoto hasn't been involved with zelda since ocarina of time.
>>
RPG mechanics
Dungeons that are just corridors full of combat
Using the stupid Triforce/Ganon/Master Sword setup without subverting it
Thinking LBW's item shop was anything but a disastrous idea that completely ruined the game's difficulty curve and dungeons
>>
>>333611149
>implying waifushitter wasn't easily worst Zelda

ST Zelda is best Zelda.
>>
>>333606575
>link's being made into a fuccboi
Goddamn fangirls.
>>
File: Colin[1].jpg (18 KB, 272x349) Image search: [Google]
Colin[1].jpg
18 KB, 272x349
How are you guys so dumb to not know you're playing as a grown up Colin, keeping his word to some day be as great as Link?
>>
>>333607037
>densely packed with content

I honestly don't understand why some fans want this at all. They tried that with Skyward Sword and barely anyone liked it because it all felt so cluttered and claustrophobic.

Expansive vista type overworlds can be a godsend if done right.
>>
>>333613835
Nobody but Link can be as great as Link.
>>
>>333613731
He has been since Ocarina. They're just upping his estrogen amounts for every new game.
>>
>>333614445
Ocarina was the manliest he's ever been. Aonuma's wife told him to make him more manly after seeing a faggy design he showed her. Presumably he stopped showing her designs after that.
>>
>>333614227
>no triforce
>no green tunic
>TPHD hinting at sequel
>new "link" not nearly as defined or muscular as other iterations of teen/low 20s link
>>
>>333614709
I'm impressed Aonuma is married at all, given how much of a gay pedophile he is.
>>
>>333614720
>implying he won't eventually get a tunic

Colin's too damn ugly to be the same guy anyway.
>>
>>333614953
Everyone is Twilight Princess had a deformity except Link/Zelda.
>>
>>333615208
Queen Midna was pretty sexy.
>>
>>333615364
Her title is literally Twilight Princess, anon. How do you fuck that up?
>>
File: Okami.jpg (167 KB, 940x528) Image search: [Google]
Okami.jpg
167 KB, 940x528
I want them to shake the formula up, as long as the dungeons remain good.

The best 3D Zelda game that will ever get made has already been made. It's called Okami and it was made by Clover. Nintendo needs to change things up a bit.
>>
>>333615208

Fuck you, the character designs in Twilight Princess were some of the best of the series.
>>
>>333615208
Everyone in every Zelda game has a deformity, what's your point?

Colin would still be an ugly shit with an enormous fivehead regardless of the art style.
>>
>>333606575
Well if the rumors today are true, we're getting gender options and the game will have a "heavy" female presence in general.

So it's already fucked in a lot ways.
>>
File: 27295879_big_p1.jpg (83 KB, 400x508) Image search: [Google]
27295879_big_p1.jpg
83 KB, 400x508
>>333614709
In Japan 'more manly' means 'more bishounen' because they actually have good taste in men and know what a guy should look like, unlike Americans.
>>
>>333618226
Zelda already has a heavy female presence, fucking almost all of Link's supporting cast are female.
>>
>>333606575
>WW was meh
>TP was shit
>SS was shit
>ALBW was shit
Gee I wonder OP...
>>
>>333616469
>le "Okami is best Zelda" meme

It's a good game, but no.
>>
>>333618703
Personally I enjoyed WW and TP even though I felt TP had less things to do in the overworld. SS was indeed shit though.
>>
>>333618838
ss was great
>>
File: 1459399732732.png (1 MB, 982x720) Image search: [Google]
1459399732732.png
1 MB, 982x720
>>333618350
Exactly.

It just means that Nintendo's going to weeb it up for the Nips now, even though the Nips haven't enjoyed Zelda or the direction that its gone down for a while now.

So I'm expecting romance options and waifu trash. Lots and lots of waifu trash.

This franchise is fucking dead. Nintendo always takes one step forward and two steps behind with it.
>>
>>333614062
I don't necessarily mean explorable architecture. They could put a pond with rare fish in it, or specific type of bugs to upgrade equipment and so on. Like Xenoblade X does it with collectibles, but less random.
>>
>>333619036
>weeb it up for the nips now
>now

Have you just been asleep since Wind Waker, then?
>>
>>333607037
>imaginative
I've come to the realization that environments/landscapes can't be that unique. They're all Earth-related somehow.
>>
>>333619965
Have you played Xenoblade X? Yeah, I don't expect Zelda to be as creative since X's environments also use a good dash of technological elements, but most of it is natural-looking landscape and it feels amazing to traverse.
>>
>>333619774
You could go as far to say OoT in that regard.

But even in Wind Waker it was never blatantly obvious or upfront, and it didn't have a "strong female presence" and what that likely entails.

But are you agreeing that they should continue to weeb it up even more? You really want neo FE levels of weeb raping this teriminally ill franchise?
>>
>>333620483
Wind Waker was when they threw out the more appealing to westerner look so Aonuma could jerk off to his old anime he grew up with instead. Every game since then has been MUH JAPAN SALES for him, except Twilight Princess... which he never enjoyed making since it wasn't MORE Wind Waker, and he walked out partway through the project to focus on Minish Cap (which surprise surprise, was more Toon Link). Then when Twilight Princess made more money than you know what to do with, he just went "BUT MUH GRORIOUS NIHON" and returned to weebing it up.
>>
>>333620763
tldr; just another reason to fire Aonuma.

I hope that man has it coming to him with Zelda U and what he'll likely fuck up for it.
>>
>>333620763
>>333621049
Keep crying, westernfags.
>>
>>333621092
More like Nintendo will keep crying when they keep making these stupid weeb decisions despite the majority of the franchise's sales, popularity and recognition coming from its western fans.
>>
>>333607674
I have a feeling that in the future, when you're proven completely wrong and it's common knowledge that Zelda U has the biggest and best world of any videogame, your comment will end up laughed at like the people who laughed at the iPod or the Wii
>>
>all this Aonuma shitposting

Please, he's a million times better than fucking Fujibayashi and you all know it.
>>
>>333621451
This is a joke post, right?

It's not going to surpass anything out there right now, especially after that FFXV showing a week ago.
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.